Carnival Cruise Lines Employee Reviews

Fun place to work.
Professional Musician and Singer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 12, 2017
Working for Carnival can be a nice job. Sometimes they make the crew do extra jobs that really are not very necessary for your position on board. The ships are usually pretty clean inside and out. You do travel a lot, and see many ports.
Pros
Free room and board. Excellent crew activities!
Cons
Sometimes too many extra duties.
Dont take care of the people who work for the company
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mobile alabamaFebruary 11, 2017
This company dont take care of crew members like they promote... disparage the people, racist, sexist, humiliate treat from the supervisors, no respect and support from the company.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Feels like your on a vacation every time we dock on ports.
Hotel Stewardess (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, USAFebruary 6, 2017
Working on a cruise is very difficult especially if your'e
not into rough sea and the only excitement you feel is when your'e on new ports and working / meeting new people with different nationality where you can learn a lot from them specifically about their culture.The Management treatment is of course depends also to you how you show your personality.What I've learned from this is just be yourself don't be afraid to express your feelings or opinion. Communicating to a guest is the most enjoyable part in Hospitality Industry so I love it.
Pros
Free Meal and Accomodation
Cons
No Day Off and Rough Sea
Job for all, all for job
Waiter (Former Employee) –  MiamiFebruary 5, 2017
The biggest company what I have worked, big and multinational team.
Discover the world and your self together with CCL.
Really hard work, but always in good mood and Positive.
Pros
Free Acomodation and food.
Cons
10 hours/day/no day off/9 months.
to help guest
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 3, 2017
not for everybody, only for people who have power and see positive in everything. good experience, traveling, meet a lot of people from other country.
Pros
free food, free room, not tax, medical, gym
Cons
short break
Love This Company
Guest Logistics Agent (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 2, 2017
They recognize great employees. Not really much more to say but since I am forced to do so. I am a temp at this company and they treat me as one of their own. Everyone is friendly and the Management exceeds well beyond employee satisfaction.
Pros
Free to be yourself.
Cons
6 hour shifts
Multicultural workplace
Galley Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami Florida United state of americaFebruary 1, 2017
Carnival Cruise line is a great working place for those who love to travel.My five year journey with Carnival cruise is fantastic.

Thanks Carnival..
No growth whatsoever
commis (Former Employee) –  miamiFebruary 1, 2017
1)I think the best way to work in the company is just do your work and get paid.
2)the worst management I have ever witnessed with no sense of responsibility.
3)the higher the management the worse it was in handling the employees issue may be it's work or anything else.
4)half of the chef with whom I have worked in the given position were illeterate god knows who hired them
Pros
Good girls
Cons
No incentives
fun place to work and good benefits
Senior Photographer/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 31, 2017
Carnival Cruise Line Inc. provided me with international exposure in providing excellent customer service to customers.
fun place to work
Environmental & Occupational Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 27, 2017
Very slow growth, poor quality staff. Promotions are slow, perks are minimum in industry and don't see any quality improvement's in recruiting staff
fun and work,work hard and enjoy
Jr sous chef in Main kitchen (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJanuary 26, 2017
this is the best place to work ,good team work ,more than work can enjoy lot not feel you working in sea,,still memorable days in mind.good food and excellent chef,,good carrier groth
Great people, poor management
SENIOR PRODUCT ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 23, 2017
I had the pleasure of working with some of the brightest, motivated, and talented team members in my field, while at Carnival. The job required a lot of work, and long hours (typical in our field), but this was offset with flexible hours and discretionary time-off. Unfortunately, this great experience was brought to screeching halt by upper management's decisions to outsource/offshore the whole of the GIS department. Consequently, most of the hard-working engineers, some of whom have been there for 3 decades, will ultimately lose their job, while upper management all received promotions. I was hoping to start a long-lasting career, with an opportunity to build, grow, and take pride in the work in which I was engaged. Hopefully, that opportunity exists somewhere else for me.
Pros
Flexible hours, great coworkers
Cons
Completely outsourced/offshore, no opportunities
Fun
Cruise Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 23, 2017
Great place and flexible schedules. tons of opportunity to give back to the community and many giveaways, prizes, and promotions.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Nothing but Phone calls
Absolutely Wonderful Place to Work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 17, 2017
I was involved in a critical part of an R&D project and there was no way of Management knowing what the workload they gave me involved until I began investigating the project. I enjoyed the job immensely but needed some time away from work so respectfully resigned.
Productive and Funplace to work
Strategic Sourcing Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Great fun place to work and get engaged with senior management. Offers various in-house activities and very productive environment
Fun for All
Trainee Patissier (Current Employee) –  USAJanuary 16, 2017
 Keep work area at all times in hygienic conditions according to the rules set by the ship
 To prepare and service food items for buffet menu and dinner dessert according to recipes and standard
 To have full knowledge of all menu items.
 To ensure the clean-lines and maintenance of all work areas, utensil and equipment
Productive, systematic, desciplined and respectable place to work
Restaurant team head (Former Employee) –  MiamiJanuary 11, 2017
This company is really best place to work where u find opportunities to show your skills and your work has been noticed and given chance to grow.
Pros
Travel while you working
Cons
Break shifts
A place where multi culture relationship is important
Galley Steward (Current Employee) –  Miami, FloridaJanuary 10, 2017
Working in Carnival Cruiseline is one of the best thing happened in my life. Everyday is a challenge working in a ship, you need to face that you will see the same face each and everyday of your contract. With less time for siesta and prohibited for spending the whole day off, working on board is not as normal job as everybody thinks of.

Being a Galley Steward that is responsible for a lots of stuff, we always face our day with the jam packed of physical work. Setting up machines for dishwashing, preparing clean plates, ensuring cleanliness and providing the needs of dining area and culinary. Here, what ive learned is the multi- tasking and wiser ways to finish your job at the end of the day. You cannot do everything from time to time but thinking ways and time management is a must.
Pros
Food, Activities, Learning Center, Rules
Cons
Long Hours of work, Not much employee development, Less benefit for promotion, Sometimes stressful bosses
A Great Stepping Stone
Training and development Manager (Current Employee) –  MiamiJanuary 9, 2017
The HR Department and training positions are some of the best jobs to have on the ship.

However, the company culture and work/life balance leaves quite to desire. It is a great learning experience, but I would not recommend staying here long-term for the reason that it is very demanding and does not allow a lot of time for personal/professional development.
Pros
Allexpenses paud
Cons
70 hour work weeks are typical, with little/no days off.
Punctual, professional
Casino Supervisor (Former Employee) –  miamiJanuary 9, 2017
working with a positive view to job gives you good day at work with coworkers and costumers. Fast pace, and professional approach

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carnival Cruise Lines. Our community is ready to answer.