Carnival Cruise Lines Employee Reviews in United States

Really great job, you can visit a lot of cool places and earn money at the same time.
Entertainment Video Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 10, 2015
Working for Carnival it's a great experience. You can meet a lot of cool people,see a lot of beautiful places and also you earn money. Great times.
Very hard to live and work, but still amazing expiriance!
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 2, 2015
Working 10h a day, with 5 to 1h between shifts. Every day 7 days a week for 6 to7months. Management is uneducated and pushing crew to accomplish task they have in plan. Lots of good honest and hardworking team members. Hardest was not having a day off for 7 months. I saw the world!
Pros
Free Meals and rooms..
Cons
Short brakes when you hide somewhere..
sports for crew
buffet man (Former Employee) –  FLOctober 27, 2015
for the place we are working we have a big place,we have a materials for everything specially for food. the management is not equal because the nation that they have power specially for position Is india but they don't know nothing they hungry only for the position.they dying for position before learned.after they take the position they don't want to work.i know carnival they don't know about this problem this problem is in the ship happening...that's why I get my retirement of this problem they are not equal to every body.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch and dinner w/snack
Cons
short hours
Great Place and Awesome People.
Personal Vacation Planner (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 26, 2015
Carnival is a great place to work and is mostly on the up and up with compensation. The managing staff is great and the free cruises and other perks are nice!
Pros
Free Cruises
Cons
In the Consumer Research Dept. you had to wear suit and tie everyday.
A long and exhausting work day
State room Steward/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Miami, USAOctober 26, 2015
Being in hospitality sector and Service of prime importance the emphasis is on the total satisfaction of the guest. A lot of physical work and time being a factor it was a hectic operation. The good things was to be able to visit different places around the world , get to know crew of different parts of the world and learn their cultures and traditions. As for Management is concerned it was a challenge sometimes. Overall I would say a time well spent in that kind of an envoirnment.
Pros
Lodging and boarding free
Cons
Traveling, uniforms expenses to be borne by self and also a 7days a10 hourly job for a minimum of 6 months
hard working and fun environment
Department - Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  miami floridaOctober 23, 2015
Carnival Cruise lines is a fantastic opportunity for anyone wanting to work and travel with fantastic benefits. A company that goes all around the world.
Fun place to work. Interacting with guest while entertaining them with music. A very well decorated lounge to perform.
Entertainer/Singer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 22, 2015
A fun place to work and interact with different nationalities! The surroundings always clean and beautifully decorated. I volunteered to do their daily schedules sheets for guests informational activities during the day. At night time, I would sing with my band. Got along well with the music staff.
Pros
Excellent working environment, great meals and amenities for the crew to entertaing, prompt medical assistance.
Cons
Boat drill
Great job but hard to live on a ship.
Entertainment Technician - Automation Operator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 22, 2015
The job was very fast passed and you have to think on your toes. There were many policies and procedures and strict rules when we were in guest areas. Cleaning and maintenance all the time. The job was amazing but living on a ship is difficult.
Pros
the show and the people
Cons
living on a ship
It is a productivity fun place to work
Sales Coach (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 21, 2015
I have enjoyed my time at Carnival Cruise Lines. The management staff at Carnival Cruise Lines treats employees like family. My co-workers are like my brothers and sisters and I look forward to seeing each and everyone of them each day. The best part of my job is selling cruises to prospective guest and the hardest part of my job is leaving it every day.
Pros
The Cultural at Carnival Cruise Lines
Cons
The life balance
Good
Scrum Master, Onsite Team lead (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 21, 2015
Good work culture. Less growth opportunity. Competitive. Tough to survive.

Good Benefit for employee and process. Nice cruises
Na
Personal Vacation Planner (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 20, 2015
Good opportunity to start your career and learn hands on skills. I would recommend this company to new graduates. Great management.
Nice Place for growth
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino caOctober 20, 2015
I stated off working in collection as a collector 1. I manage my way all the way up to a collection offer for field. But the only down fall was the county to a lay off and i happen to be in that number.
Include Fun In Everything You Do
Waiter (Former Employee) –  MiamiOctober 19, 2015
Always smile have positive attitude and be cheerful.
Learned how to take care of large crowds as waiter.
Crowd Management, Crisis Management human behavior.
Interesting Different Culture fun and hard workers.
The hardest part of the job was being on sea for 8 months.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet so many new and interesting people from day to day and learning about new cultures.
Productive work environment
Customer Service Agents (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLOctober 19, 2015
Good work environment with good co-workers. Good benefits and good pay. Potential growth in company. Learned something everyday. Can be busy but nothing that I could not handle.
Carnival Life
Accountant / Paymaster (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 17, 2015
Started my ship life as an Jr Accountant and ended the same at level 1st Accountant/Paymaster. I changed to HR Dept to gain expereince in that field even though I had to settle for a more lesser salary than what I received for handling the paymaster job. But altogether gaining knowledge was more beneficial then making money as knowledge & experience will always lead to higher growth.
Pros
Very Caring Boss
Cons
Missing my dear ones while being on ships for 8 - 9 months
The work environment is diversified and you learn a lot. You meet friends and challenges.
Senior Information System Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 13, 2015
Fun ships and long day work but it is team work and gives you great satisfaction. CCL is the biggesr cruise ship company provding thousands of jobs for many employees from around the world.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Work is 24/7 pending your position
fun, fast-paced call center
Web Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 12, 2015
Carnival was very focused on fast-paced customer service. Initial training was very extensive, but continuing training was not always as good. The office was a comfortable setting and everyone was friendly.
Pros
great deals on cruises
Cons
recognition was not offered often
Fun and energetic environment to work in
Port Shopping Guide (Former Employee) –  Miami, FloridaOctober 12, 2015
Met thousands of people that changed my outlook of life. If it wasnt for my children, I would work for Carnival every day of my life.
Pros
Meeting new people every day
Cons
A chance to meet new people every week.
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 9, 2015
A very interesting job that required a lot of physical labor and very long hours. It was nice to meet new people and too see some new parts of the world.
I am a determined and hardworking individual, with a positive attitude. During my career with Carnival Cruise Lines, I proved myself to be self-motiva
Asst Maitre D' (ASST RESTAURANT MANAGER) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 8, 2015
Work at Carnival cruise lines was very hectic .you are serving 5000 passengers at one given time.pressure,stress and deadlines normal companions at work.as part of management I enjoyed being a part of one big family standing united and not divided.Being at sea and very long hours of work was the hardest part of the job but it makes you very strong and capable to handle any given situation.having a great group of friends and colleagues made it fun and enjoyable working for the leading cruise lines in the world.
Pros
Great benifits