Carnival Cruise Lines Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with cruise benefits
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 6, 2017
This was a more young environment where a log of college students worked while in school. People were willing to help each other, that was always nice.
Pros
discounted cruises
Cons
very fast past for fast learners
An amazing place to work
Personal vacation planner (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMarch 5, 2017
If you are looking to learn about the cruise industry and work with a company that appreciates you and gives you tons of support than Carnival is it.
Pros
untapped incentive pay
Cons
down time
Amazing company to work for. Makes the crew feel like family.
SHORE EXCURSION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 2, 2017
Working with Carnival has opened my mind to many different cultures and life styles. It was very hard work with very long hours, but they treated the crew very well and we got to see the world.
Ambiente de trabajo normal ,bastante exigencia en el trabajo y existe bastante predion de los jefes.
Team waiter (Former Employee) –  Miami fl.March 1, 2017
Ambiente laboral satisfactorio ,me dedicaba a trabajar y vumplir con mis labores asignadas y fui empleado responsable nunca tuve problemad con mis jefes.
Pros
Salarios accesibles
Cons
Cuanfo te enfermas, no te pagan salarios, y descuidan la atencion medica
Fun workplace
Bingo Manager/Entertainment Host (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 1, 2017
a great place to work, travel the world and make great connections. Hard work but the hard work gave me a great work ethic.
bar
lines bartender (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 28, 2017
its a home away from home, great to see places but if your not a American or have a green card, it get hard passing through most destinations
en el tiempo que estuve laborando fue una experiencia bonita, compartir con los compañeros de trabajo, hacer el trabajo con amor y dedicacion
Galy Utiliti Steward (Former Employee) –  miamiFebruary 27, 2017
La evaluación para los Cruceros y Especial en la que yo estuve, fue excelente el ambiente, trato y la forma de desempeñar el trabajo, Lastimosamente a mi me enviaron como que regresaba a mi país El Salvador solo de vacaciones, por un tiempo y lastimosamente perdi contacto con el Personal de Carnival Cruise Line, pero estoy super interesado en volver a prestar mis servicios, espero me puedan Ayudar, Bendiciones
It was great feel to work with them.
AWS/ Devops Engineer (Current Employee) –  Miami , FLFebruary 27, 2017
I never feel to be stressed there.
I used learn daily a point.
Management supports very well.
Workplace culture is to do fun.
The hardest part of the job is finishing work in time.
Excellent place to work
Team Head Waiter (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 27, 2017
I do for 7 years excellent and Professional work on Carnival,so many work hours but happy beckouse you feel like home with the family together with all crew
Fun ports of call
Acting Senior Maitred (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 24, 2017
Monitor and supervise Dining Service areas delegating follow up and compliance

Updates about United States Public Health standards rules and regulations.

Strive to be a role model and constant follow up aiming for positive results

Have fun while working maintaining positive posture in order to provide memorable experince to all guests.

To maintain high service and food ratings all the time based on guests demographics

Positive results on service and food ratings as well as productive reveneu
Pros
Good Crew Moral
Cons
Short Contracts
have fun same time pressure also
Cook (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 24, 2017
more work pressure in kitchen
employees having lot of fun like gym pool bar etc , every month has a dj party also , will get vacation on every 10 months
Pros
free food
Cons
70 hrs a week
Stay Away
Global Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 24, 2017
I have never written a review of a company that I worked for before. However, this company is one that I have to warn people against from working at. I am not sure about different departments, however, I can tell you that the Global Sales Department is not a decent work environment. I say this for the following reasons:

The hours are crazy, if you must work from home you may have to work until 12am.

Non consecutive days off.

You rarely get approved for PTO. On top of that,

They base your performance stats on calls that you have no control of. I must say that I am fortunate and never had a problem with this. But I know people that do.

They pay does not cover the cost of living and no commission.

Very hard to talk to a supervisor if there is a problem that a lead cant assist with.

Department favoritism, very political.

Mandatory overtime for days where overtime is not needed. Which means that the sales forecast department is not on top of its game.

Try to get a job with Royal Caribbean or Norwegian before you go to Carnival Cruise Line. The work hours may be the same but I have a feeling that there may be more respect given to the employees.
Hard work but loads of fun
Waitron (Former Employee) –  MIAMI FLORIDAFebruary 24, 2017
Great traveling the world and learning different cultures, was young and had a great time working the ships as it taught me a lot of new skills that I could use
a very fun environment and industry
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 23, 2017
Terrific place to work with highly skilled / knowledgeable people. Employee tenure tends to be very long, so speed of advancement for new employees can be slower than desired at times.
Fun ships
Lead Nurse (Former Employee) –  MiamiFebruary 22, 2017
Great place to work , travel the world while at work.
Basically you go to sleep in another country and woke up in another country.
Fun place to work!!
Pros
See the world
Cons
6-8 months away from home
Very good service and hospitality
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  florida miamiFebruary 21, 2017
Good and well experienced Luxurious Hotel. Able to service Guests above expectations, always ensuring the satisfaction of both guests and crew members.
Pros
Free accomodations from food to rooms
Excellent Experience
Asst Housekeeping Maanager - Trainee (Current Employee) –  World WideFebruary 21, 2017
In Charge for Crew Area / Public Area Teams ; planning scheduling a team
Leading i a team give you a chance to teach them from the their mistakes and constantly improve their knowledge
Working with over 50 nationalities on board gives you opportunity to learn about their culture and religion
Pros
Department Parties, Bingo, Pool tournaments
Cons
Vacation period up to 3 months
Fun place to work and travel the world
Social Host Entertainer and Dancer (Former Employee) –  MiamiFebruary 21, 2017
Traveling arounf the world as a cruise ship dancer, long hours, no days off, 6-9 months contracts. Work Place culture, roof over my head, amazing food, lots of free time
Pros
Free accomodation and meals
Unique and rewarding job experience
ENTERTAINMENT AUDIO TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 18, 2017
It is a completely different type of job. It is essentially a unique lifestyle. The work can be very hard and taxing as you work 7 days a week for months without a break. However, the time off is like nothing else as you travel to exotic locations and get to visit places you would never see otherwise. You get time off on port days to go out provided you don't have any work while a ship is in port. You learn how to operate without a safety net and respond to severe adversity as the traditional support systems that you have on land based jobs are non-existent. The dynamic between employees is much more volatile as you live and work with the same people everyday. This can make controlling your emotions difficult, but it can also teach you how to work under extreme pressure. Your experience with managers can be widely varied as it very much depends on who you work with. To that end, working with a difficult manager can make a contract almost unbearable until you or they leave a ship. I would say the hardest part is dealing with the corporate aspects of working for such a large company. There is constant training and many protocols and policies to obey, as well as regular safety inspections to always be prepared for. I would say the most rewarding part is the unique life experience that simply cannot be experienced without working on a cruise ship. I've found that if you can not only survive, but excel at working on a cruise ship, there's nothing that land based employment can throw at you that you can't handle.
A New Adventure
AUDIO TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 16, 2017
It is great when you can work doing what you love and getting to travel while you are at it. It is a great adventure but the lifestyle of working on board a ship is not for everybody. I would recommend anyone to try a contract and see how you like it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carnival Cruise Lines. Our community is ready to answer.