Carnival Cruise Lines Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Career if you don't have a family
Vacation Planner (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLMarch 2, 2015
This company is an AMAZING company to work for. The upper management is awesome and overall its a very fun environment. The only down side is that you have to really work extreme hours if you want to make your way to the top. 60+ hours a week would be a "normal" week.
Pros
great atmosphere, tons of benefits, free cruises, free food, great management
Cons
tons of hours, high employee turn over if you don't meet goals.
wonderful people
Senior Headwaiter (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 18, 2016
Lots of opportunities to learn and in cases grow within the company or sister companies.Full training is provided, high chances of promotion and not forgetting fun and memorable vacation experiences for free.
Daily Routine
Personal Vacation Planner/ Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 6, 2016
Review emails, dial between 125-150 guests, 3:30 hours on the phone and 3 bookings minimum was our daily goal. Every morning we had a morning meeting to motivate our team.
Typical Sales job
Sales Rep and Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLFebruary 19, 2015
While my experience at Carnival was pleasant it was all about sales. The quotas and demands could be stressful at times. While i met those demands it did come at a price. Long hours and not being able to attend school were scarifies I made to excel at my job.

The hardest part was working 12-14 hour days
The most enjoyable part was the travel benefits.
Pros
travel
Cons
hours
i enjoy working on board great teams
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 11, 2016
life in the ship very good i liked
great team great managment
i like cruising meat a lot of peaples
i was with carnival cruise lines for almost 3 years as awaiter
Pros
vesit a lot of port bahamas
Cons
short break
Productive and fun place to work
Restaurant Supervisor (Headwaiter) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 5, 2015
Very busy environment, a lot of cultures to work with, flexible management. Open's your eyes to different cultures , respecting the enviroment you work in. Fair amount of free time to enjoy all the places you visit.
Pros
free meals
Cons
fair amount of hours
Cruise ships are a fun workplace and dream job!
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  MIAMI, UNITED STATES OF AMERICAFebruary 15, 2013
Although you are 10 hours+ a day on your feet and at work, you have constant interaction with guests and crew all day. Cruise ships teaches you all the differences between cultures, religions, believes and endurance. Management sometimes neglects knowledge in their field, but in general you can learn from them and follow their lead.
Hardest part of the job is long hours and very little time to sleep/rest and also taking in consideration that there are no "weekends off". Its an all week 24/7 job for 6 - 7 months non stop.
But there is nothing like this job where you can have white sand, palm trees and bright blue beaches for your afternoon lunch on some small little island in the middle of the ocean. NOTHING beats that one!
Pros
free medical, food, accommodation, housekeeping and tax free salary
Cons
long hours on your feet
Fast pace, long hours but very rewarding
Training & Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, Florida, United StatesFebruary 8, 2013
Working for Carnival Cruise LInes as a Training and Development Manager ensures that I get to work with over 50 different cultures and nationalities on a daily basis.

A typical day can last up to 12 hours and goes on 7 days a week.

The hardest part of the job is to be away from home for prolonged periods of time and not to be able to completely switch off.

I have the opportunity to work with all Management on a daily basis and everyone works together like a small United Nations.

The most enjoyable part of my work is the interaction with Crew Members and reaping the benefits of what my Training has done for other people.
Pros
accommodation, medical, meals, uniform and travel
Cons
long hours, away from home, 7 day a week work week
Great Experience
Asst.Cruise Director/Comedy Club Manager (Former Employee) –  MiamiJune 15, 2016
Working fleet wide for Carnival cruise lines was a brilliant experience and I was very fortunate to be given the opportunity to be included.
providing and long hours of work
Waiter (Former Employee) –  usaMarch 14, 2016
i learn about working in a multicultural team ,about service hospitlity coustemer service,please our guest all the time and make them ome back.a great experince who improve a lot my skills.
Very fun place to work at.
Meet & Greet Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 19, 2016
if you want to see smiling faces, work for a cruise line. Guest vacationing all over the world. Very diverse Environment and excellent customer service.
Pros
Cultural Enviroment
productive workplace
Demi Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 30, 2016
i have learnt everyday a new skils and how to manage my section in a better and efficient manner.co-workers work as a team.
Pros
meals are free
Cons
medical facilities
Good inviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 6, 2016
A place where you learn to sale and to communicate with people. It showed me how to be more outgoing and to interact. Co-workers very helpful sometimes.
Perform in Main Stage and Atrium production shows
Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 10, 2016
Exceed guest expectations through entertainment
Teach and choreograph adult and children’s hip hop classes
Lead line dances at deck parties and other guest functions
Provide assistance in other departments when needed
Mix music for parties catering to all ages
Strong microphone and hosting skills
Proficient in Serato
Great Job
WEDDING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 20, 2016
Very fast paced as the wedding are done within a few hour window so no time to slow down. Love making someone's wedding day Perfect!
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Not much pay
productive but not to much fun
Assistant team waiter (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 1, 2015
- intresting expirience
- learn a lot of work and other people
- visit a lot of countries
- learn english
- meet a lot of people and get new friends
Pros
free lunches
Cons
It is a productivity fun place to work
Sales Coach (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 21, 2015
I have enjoyed my time at Carnival Cruise Lines. The management staff at Carnival Cruise Lines treats employees like family. My co-workers are like my brothers and sisters and I look forward to seeing each and everyone of them each day. The best part of my job is selling cruises to prospective guest and the hardest part of my job is leaving it every day.
Pros
The Cultural at Carnival Cruise Lines
Cons
The life balance
Carnival is a fun job as your working with vacations all day. That just isn't ever bad.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 2, 2015
Carnival is an easy fun company to work for. The company is truly looking out for the guest as well as you the employee. I have recommended this job to my friends and family that are looking for a relaxed fun life and work balance. As long as a large income isn't a need.
Pros
Work from home. Life and work balance is good. Fun business being it is dealing with travel.
Cons
Pay is low
Very hard to live and work, but still amazing expiriance!
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 2, 2015
Working 10h a day, with 5 to 1h between shifts. Every day 7 days a week for 6 to7months. Management is uneducated and pushing crew to accomplish task they have in plan. Lots of good honest and hardworking team members. Hardest was not having a day off for 7 months. I saw the world!
Pros
Free Meals and rooms..
Cons
Short brakes when you hide somewhere..
Na
Personal Vacation Planner (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 20, 2015
Good opportunity to start your career and learn hands on skills. I would recommend this company to new graduates. Great management.