Carolina Biological Supply Company Employee Reviews

Amazing Company!
Designer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCFebruary 3, 2017
CBS is an amazing company with a great history. Being still privately and family-owned, they put attention and detail into every choice they make. Your daily life will differ depending what department you're in but with my job, I get tremendous freedom to try new things, grow, and learn. Their benefits are great and after job hopping most of my life, plan to stay with CBS for a very long time. I am very happy with my job at CBS and highly recommend applying if you are currently looking!
Secure job, little room to grow and make and impact
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCDecember 4, 2016
Tough environment if you want a career. You can stay in the same job and have no ability to affect change. Some of the Senior Management team is will not ever change.
Pros
Work Life balance
Cons
No growth
Great work environment.
Algae Culture Tech. (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCMay 4, 2016
Fun very fast paced job,made the day go by quick.
My co-workers were like family. Came into the job with little to no knowledge, and left with so much experience.
Would still be working at Carolina Biological Supply Company, if we didn't move back to Florida.
Pros
Awesome supervisor, co-workers
Cons
Long drive for me
Great work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington NCJanuary 3, 2014
I answered phone calls and emails. I also contacted customers who had back-order items and changed orders as necessary. I ran daily product reports, assisted in filing and helped other customer representatives.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
It was a temporary job
producted call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCOctober 31, 2012
Very nice place to work but the laid off people that are there longer before the will lay off people that came after you. Benefits were excellents.
Industry leader for science education grades K through college
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCOctober 21, 2013
Managing 600 accounts and 3000 contacts takes planning, positioning, and on-going analysis. The appropriate amount of coverage for each has to be determined to provide the most effective management. Planning includes having a minimum number of calls scheduled and knowing exactly who to call and when to contact them. Positioning involves knowing your customer's business, what they purchase, when they buy, how they make their purchases, and any internal or external factors that may affect their purchase decisions. I have this information available when speaking with my customer to ensure that I'm bringing value for my company in every customer exchange. I'm also aware of what they're not buying from me and pursue those upsell opportunities. On-going analysis keeps me abreast of account performance. I'm able to have intelligent conversations on sales/purchase performance even down to specific products. The goal is to uncover any potential issues that may affect purchases and maintain a high level of customer and product satisfaction. I take personal interests in my accounts and pride myself on delivering the best experiences possible.
It was ok
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJune 19, 2012
Typical day was being on the phone all day. I would never do this type of job again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carolina Biological Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3