Carolina Biological Supply Company Employee Reviews

Management is incompetent
Protected for privacy (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJanuary 10, 2018
Management at the VP and Director level in this company is incompetent. Do yourself a favor and don't get sucked into this company.

The pay is bad. The working conditions are bad and the company is run by people who practice CYA over doing what is right.

Very bad place with very bad people with low to minimal skill in management and a lack of true leadership.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
Management, Culture of CYA
Worst place ever
Microbiology Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCOctober 9, 2017
This facility is not organized, they eat snacks while they work. They lie to you and make it seem like your job is gonna be great, but after a week of work, you are on your own. Everybody is always on their phone, when instead they are suppose to be working, they walk all over the place to go visit another co worker and talk for 10 or more minutes and then proceed to go back to their work stations. The supervisors are very lazy and make you do all of the dirty work while they watch. I do not recommend anyone to work for this place, it is very filthy and unsanitary.
Worse place to work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCSeptember 27, 2017
This is the worse job I've ever had,poor management, no room for advancement, and don't ever get sick and have to be out because they will hold it against you!!! Would not recommend this place to my worst enemy,and don't plan on getting a good raise cause it's a slap in the face!!!!!!! I only give them one star cause you have to.
Cons
Productive and comfortable work setting
AR Cash Applications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCAugust 28, 2017
Very friendly and helpful work associate's. Amazing and motivating manager's. Great company events such as holiday parties and yearly bonuses. Relaxing working environment surrounded by other business professionals.
Pros
company luncheons
Cons
distance
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCAugust 26, 2017
Very stable business with many longterm employees. Great place to start and move up the ranks. Interesting place to work that sells science and educational supplies.
Pros
Profit Sharing, Pay increases, Good Benefits, Stable
Cons
Not Publically Held
Good place to work. Great people
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCAugust 14, 2017
Great company with family feel. The people are great and seem to always adjust to change in technology. They have socials to help engage with other employees.
Working
Word Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCAugust 5, 2017
I worked in two different departments when I was with Carolina biological. I enjoyed both departments. I only left to make more money. The company went thru a lot of changes that improve the company for the best.
Amazing Company!
Designer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCFebruary 3, 2017
CBS is an amazing company with a great history. Being still privately and family-owned, they put attention and detail into every choice they make. Your daily life will differ depending what department you're in but with my job, I get tremendous freedom to try new things, grow, and learn. Their benefits are great and after job hopping most of my life, plan to stay with CBS for a very long time. I am very happy with my job at CBS and highly recommend applying if you are currently looking!
Secure job, little room to grow and make and impact
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCDecember 4, 2016
Tough environment if you want a career. You can stay in the same job and have no ability to affect change. Some of the Senior Management team is will not ever change.
Pros
Work Life balance
Cons
No growth
Great work environment.
Algae Culture Tech. (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCMay 4, 2016
Fun very fast paced job,made the day go by quick.
My co-workers were like family. Came into the job with little to no knowledge, and left with so much experience.
Would still be working at Carolina Biological Supply Company, if we didn't move back to Florida.
Pros
Awesome supervisor, co-workers
Cons
Long drive for me
Decent place to work with not to good benefits and worst management in some areas.
freelance designer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCJune 26, 2015
A typical day for me consisted of file clerking. Minimum experience needed to perform my job. Decent environment to work in but very poor management in certain areas. Some co-workers are really great to work with. Others will do and say what's needed to their own benefit. The hardest part of my job is the limitations on opportunities to be creative.
Great work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington NCJanuary 3, 2014
I answered phone calls and emails. I also contacted customers who had back-order items and changed orders as necessary. I ran daily product reports, assisted in filing and helped other customer representatives.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
It was a temporary job
Industry leader for science education grades K through college
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCOctober 21, 2013
Managing 600 accounts and 3000 contacts takes planning, positioning, and on-going analysis. The appropriate amount of coverage for each has to be determined to provide the most effective management. Planning includes having a minimum number of calls scheduled and knowing exactly who to call and when to contact them. Positioning involves knowing your customer's business, what they purchase, when they buy, how they make their purchases, and any internal or external factors that may affect their purchase decisions. I have this information available when speaking with my customer to ensure that I'm bringing value for my company in every customer exchange. I'm also aware of what they're not buying from me and pursue those upsell opportunities. On-going analysis keeps me abreast of account performance. I'm able to have intelligent conversations on sales/purchase performance even down to specific products. The goal is to uncover any potential issues that may affect purchases and maintain a high level of customer and product satisfaction. I take personal interests in my accounts and pride myself on delivering the best experiences possible.
producted call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCOctober 31, 2012
Very nice place to work but the laid off people that are there longer before the will lay off people that came after you. Benefits were excellents.
It was ok
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJune 19, 2012
Typical day was being on the phone all day. I would never do this type of job again.