Carolina Cargo Employee Reviews

Not the move
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  SCFebruary 27, 2017
Keep it hundred grand I'm just here for the experience you will not grow with this company they will wait until you get 5000 miles to get your first paycheck Im out here starving an I'm taking our cash advance an they charge you for that an it's just crazy an the trip pak is bs I rather get paid every Friday
Pros
Good miles
Cons
Pay is horrible
very unprofessional
Class A Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCFebruary 22, 2017
not a good company to work for very unorganized and the way they pay it is ridiculous you have to work ten times harder to get a check out the whole..
Truck drivers work for free!
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 25, 2017
This Company pays you only 10 cents a mile. And you must drive 5000 miles before being paid. And, when you do your 5000 miles, might take 3 weeks. They will tell you that last run you did didn't count on the paperwork. You'll see you pay on next pay check. So, you'll drive, with broke pockets, starved stomach and dehydrating. And, a shower would be a blessing. They work you, but won't pay you. This is against humanity and should be shut down. I'm ashamed I got myself caught up in to it's a scam. Cause they sure aren't being honest, loyal and trustworthy. Please, don't waste your life working for free. Mc Donald's pays more and you don't starve!
Pros
Truck has wheels
Cons
Work4free-stay broke, starve, dehydrate can't afford a shower!
Depends on you
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 9, 2017
If you have a criminal record or a bad mvr and still want to truck drive, this wouldn't be a bad choice. If you've got experience then I'd go elsewhere. They offer 10cpm
I am a employee that you can depend on. Will work to prove it.
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Chester S.C.November 18, 2016
Hard but smart worker, love getting the job done, punctual, people person, adaptable, respectful, courteous,reliable, among other positive things.
Pros
optimistic
Cons
Honest
It's a fun place to work for and you can advance and make good money
Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCOctober 19, 2016
Carolina Cargo gave me the chance no other company would! They keep you rolling and they have these awesome new trucks! The staff is really awesome and the Safty person does his/her job well. The benefits are great but being away from family can make you home sick! I love this company and my coworkers.
Pros
They keep you rolling and have great benefits
Cons
You never know who you're going to get as a partner
Grest working enviorment.
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  EverywhereOctober 16, 2016
Great place to work. My only problem was with the safety guy...

Health insurance, accidental life insurance, new truck's??? What's not to like!
Pros
Free lunch & rooms
Cons
Saftey manager was very strict.
Long Distance Driving
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 24, 2016
I received great long distance driving experience but the pay was too low. Equipment was not up to par and sometimes I didn't get paid on time.
work hard enjoy life and new people life is short and make money
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 21, 2016
we work four ten hour day off three learn a lot about dealing with people on a daily term work close to other before these jobs I work outside a lot driving I had a chance to go too other states and places I hadn't not been before
Great company to work for if you don't judge from others' bad experiences.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCApril 29, 2016
I've read a lot of reviews and did my research and against better judgement, signed on for the long haul. It's been 2 months now and I will say that they have treated me very well. I have had the opportunity to be trained by a certified trainer with a good history with the company. I can see how people get irritated by the pay, truck issues, and other drivers/managers, but the bottom line is that this job is what you make of it. If you call ahead to verify load info, pickups, and drops, you can plan around and prepare for inconveniences. This job has been described to me as a lifestyle choice and it is just that, a completely different lifestyle. You need to be able to live on the road and away from home for long periods of time. As for new drivers, the real world advice I have for you is this: Take your time, don't push yourself too hard, and have some patience. Like any new job, there's a starting point and you don't make outrageous money right off the rip. A month, two, maybe three? I can't give anyone a definate time frame because everyone's situation is a little different. As for the driver managers.... Be kind to them and they will reward you. Hate on them and their wrath will reign down. If you have issues with another driver, try to work it out and if all else fails, call your driver manager, and try to get re-assigned with a different co-driver. They are good people and do realize not every two people can work so close to each other. Nonetheless, try to be understanding and patient.
Pros
more training miles than other companies, not micromanaged, Friendly dispatch with a sense of humor
Cons
long days, waiting for loading/unloading (welcome to trucking, guys...)
horrible
CDL truck driver (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaApril 26, 2016
Not a good company to work for they give you messed up trucks to drive the third day the truck broke down and got fixed five days later and the load we were suppose to pick up someone else got and now are having to wit on another load.
The Worst Place to Work
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCApril 25, 2016
The Dispatchers could care less about the Drivers. Most Load leave from SC going out West to pick a produce load coming back East. Pay was horrible, they only pay .10cpm....YES .10cpm I stayed there long enough to find another job, and when I did I was gone. Stay away from this company if all possible, They Are The Worst.
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
Great start
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Rockhill,SCApril 17, 2016
I think it's one of the better companies out there when it comes to giving people second chances, but would be in a better shape if they were to take the drivers opinions into consideration and get rid of the team driving are or at least give you the choice of teaming with someone or riding solo.
Pros
Great learning experience and management was cool although they don't get the credit
Cons
Having to drive 5000 miles before you get paid and always holding a check in the hole.
I was a learning experience
Class-A Tractor trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 1, 2016
The overall experience was a learning one I was sat a lot without a load. The company only ran teams and I had co-drivers who should not been behind the wheel of a truck.
Pros
learned alot
Cons
slow pay sat alot
It was okay
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 22, 2016
It was a different work environment that provided enough experience to move forward in the industry of transportation ,and I do appreciate the opportunity of driving for this company I was excited to move on to a more lucrative sense of employment.
Pros
experience
Cons
otr
Excellent trucking company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 2, 2016
I really enjoyed working here. Most of there trucks are 2013 to 2016 Peterbils. If your new management will train you to be a great driver. They don't put to much pressure on you and they are big on safety.

The owner is a good guy that believes in giving people a chance to make a good living. He offers great health insurance and pays a good portion of your premium. They don't shut down on the weekends but if you don't have a load on Friday you will more than likely have the weekend off. The pay is OK but you have to be patient. Once you start getting paid you will average about $1200 every 10 days after taxes. As a new hire you will get a $300 bonus after your 1st turn... If you make it a year there bonus program will pay out $5000 the 1st year. You can make money here but it's not just given to you, you have to earn it!

They have a bad safty rating because they believe in giving people a chance in life NOT because they aren't safe. New drivers tend to make small mistakes and the drivers are who makes a company safty record. The main thing here is being patient for your 1st check. It take's about 3 weeks to get your 1st check. Once you get your 1st check you will be fine. As far as needing money to live the company will not let you starve. They will advance you $50 at a time up to $100 per week...

I've driven for 3 years & worked at C.C. most of the drivers they hire are fresh out of school with no experience. They have no idea what to expect in there NEW trade. Everything they think they know is from "stories" they heard in school or from other drivers. So they
  more... go into a NEW trade, 1st trucking job, & it's not what they expected. So they write a bunch of bad reviews as if they are a veteran driver with 20 years of experience.....

Caralina Cargo is a caring company that offers driver's with No Experience, troubled background, or a not so perfect MVR a chance to be a driver when more than likely noone else will... They do NOT take advantage of this like some claim or do they under pay you. Again most of these claims are from people new to the industry with no experience. The job wasn't what they thought and wanted a reason to blame there unsuccessful experience on.

My overall experience with Carolina Cargo is good. Be patient with your 1st check, remember your not there only driver & the world does not revolve you & you only, & nothing will be handled to you. Like everything else in life you WORK for what you get and truck driving is a job! It's a job, no you didn't hit the lotto, Truck Driving is a job! Good luck
Pros
Travel the country, your not micromanaged, Health Insurance
Cons
Truck Stop prices are much higher so food cost is about $10 per meal.
Experience that's all
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 13, 2015
Gain your experience if you can't get hired anywhere else. Be prepared to ride with a unstable partner. Bonuses are often forgotten so get used to .10 per mile. I truly would look elsewhere first
Pros
Experience
Cons
Everything else
enjoyed each week getting ready to go across the country
Driver+ (Former Employee) –  Columbia,SC.September 8, 2015
Dealing with different personalities and interacting with co-workers and management. Hardest part of job was driving with different drivers each week. The most enjoyable part of the job was driving and seeing the countryside. Also, meeting people.
Otr
Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond acOctober 20, 2014
This is one of the worst companies they want you to drive 5000 miles before you get paid you could go for a month without getting paid they only care about they load management is Nasty after hours they don't want to talk to you. They hire Felons so they can take advantage of you
Pros
There is none
Cons
Bad pay bad management
fun place to work
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 8, 2014
high energy, good food, decent prices, good customer service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carolina Cargo. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7