Carolina Handling Employee Reviews in United States

interesting company
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 24, 2016
Carolina Handling is an very interesting organization. It has its good and bad. The biggest thing is if you can stand the the kool-aid, and don't mind being held in a "grease ghetto / glass ceiling" you will do fine. Unless you have a military background, have been with the company for an extend amount of time, or get lucky, you will be kept in the grease ghetto.
Pros
heath insurance
Cons
kool-aid pushing management.
Enjoyed working with customers
AR Specialists (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2015
Company still needs a lot of work on management.More training on how to be a better manager.

Company other than that a great company, everyone knows everyone.

50 years in business and a leader of its industry.
Pros
salary
Cons
upper management
Responsibility is overwhelming
Field Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 10, 2014
The training is extensive but very long. Weeks at a time can be hard on your family. Work is straight forward but be aware of the amount of safety involved with each job presented. This job can be very dangerous. On the other hand, the pay starts low, but if you can hang in there then rewards will come. Benefits are excellent!
Pros
company van. lots of training. company provided equipment, special tools, uniforms and support.
Cons
this job is not difficult if you have any mechanical experience, the mental part will way heavy on you if you let it get the best of you, this job comes with huge responsibility.
No additional comments
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 23, 2013
No additional comments to be made. This company is my current employer and is not a bad place to work. My family and I have benefited greatly from my experiences here.
Good luck
Field tech (Former Employee) –  Columbus GAJune 9, 2013
This company is a top down company. They say they are all about team work and communication but as soon as your in the field as a tech, its fend for yourself. Senior techs act as though your a threat and will stab you in the back as soon as they get a chance.
Pros
all the over time you want, if you can find the work that is
Cons
limited clients due to over pricing, in turn makes finding hours hard
High volume call center environment with little communication from managment.
Dispatch Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaApril 21, 2012
· Prioritizing, delegating, and when necessary, escalating to cross departmental teams, incoming work orders resulting in a sustained decreased backlog
· Managing invoicing of major accounts by ensuring timely, accurate, and complete information required from field technicians in order to provide on time delivery of invoices to outstanding accounts
· Accepting and routing client calls to the appropriate departments that allowed dispatching the most appropriate service technician which ultimately reduced subsequent dispatches to complete active work orders
· Reconciling payroll across multiple states including those having reciprocities which resulted in fewer payroll errors and manual checks
Pros
solid company, nice employees
Cons
minimal communication from management
Good SOLID company
Technician (Former Employee)September 3, 2011
I worked at Carolina Handling for a year.
I never use my benefits since I always worked M-F business hours, but I also never heard any benefit related complaints from my co-workers.
Management was exceptional in my area and training was extensive. The general culture was good with a few good mannered, smart people. The 'CAROLINA' way is to be efficient, well trained, responsible, professional and courteous to your/our customers. The motto is "Exceeding Expectations' and they absolutely mean it, in both employee performance and customer care. They thoroughly interview and test before hiring so most people behave and work.
If you're willing to work hard and want to be good at what you do - you can be rewarded here. When I was working there no one was ever laid off, and their claim was they never have laid anyone off...this was pre-recession time, and I did know a few guys in my hiring class that left, including me, your mileage may vary. I left to turn an AS degree into a BS, and consider my reason for leaving self-motivated not disgruntle (although I was yelled, cussed at and treated arrogantly by a couple guys when I quit with 2 wk notice)
The company is generous with your self responsibility, and they want you to make good decisions on your own, on the companies dime.
Thank you CH for your contribution in my education, your time helping me and especially SD for the book 'How to Win Friends and Influence People'...you were right, it helped..I turned more into what I wanted for myself. I am almost done with my Computer Engineering BS degree and I recently landed my dream job,
  more... I feel in no small part to having worked for Carolina Handling and growing into more of a trained guy/leader  less
Pros
really good company
Cons
be ready to learn and work hard/do alot

2.9