Carolina Legal Associates

Carolina Legal Associates Employee Reviews

Great Match.
Legal Receptionist/Assistant. (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCSeptember 12, 2016
I interviewed for one firm though CLA and the attorneys never responded to the women i was working with. The next firm was one of the biggest in SC and i was practically hired on the spot. The job has its downs, like every job, but everyone is very friendly and has made me feel welcome and appreciated. Maybe I'm just got lucky, but this is a perfect match so far. The law firm truly cares about advancing your careers and provide me with opportunities to strengthen my relevant skill set( well see what happens when i graduate from college in 4 months). Natalie, is always very sweet and personable. She was easy to talk to and knew exactly what i was looking for. Also, the pay isn't bad.
Pros
Natalie, Friendly, Flexible, CLE, welcoming.
Cons
distance & This desk chair.
Lousy place to work
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 28, 2016
Lousy company to work for. They dont return phone calls and make no effort to place you in positions that you are qualified for after about the first week. Pay in temp to perm positions is awful. Once you are placed, they dont check with you to see how things are working out. Very litle if any followp contact.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, no follow through
Excellent Company but lack of job security
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 8, 2014
I was a Paralegal with CLA for two different law firms. I was told on both occasions that each position was a "temp-to-perm" position. I was never placed on either firm's payroll and, when I inquired as to same, I feel I was "brushed off" and never given an honest answer.
Pros
The ability work in different environments.
Cons
No job security.
Enjoying the park and 3 mile bridge within running/ walking distant to enjoy the ray of sunshine during your lunch-break.
Paralegal Assistant, Data Entry Support (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 15, 2014
Great work experience in the Legal field. Upper Management, Paralegals and Attorneys were detail oriented and helpful with the training process which made it very comfortable.
Pros
Food truck, free ice cream and how the Legal Firm show appreciation to their employees.
Cons
Wish I had the opportunity to meet the owner of the Legal Firm.
Stay away unless you want to be treated like a slave, low pay
Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  CharlotteAugust 1, 2013
Your cell phone will be taken away and you will be offered a project only to have them call you the same day and cancel on you.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Pay and how you are treated
n/a
LEGAL SECRETARY/RECEPTIONIST/FILE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 11, 2013
It was a good experience-flexible work assignments
The rate of pay was workable.
Decent clients to work for.
Pros
flexible
Cons
short notice
Excellent Legal Agency in Columbia, SC
Legal Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 27, 2012
Very personable, very professional. Loved the weekly assignments.
Pros
great agency
Cons
no benefits available

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carolina Legal Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4