Carolina Meadows Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working here
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 18, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time here caring for the residents! Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants worked as a team to provide care for residents requiring long term care.
Pros
Team atmosphere, residents
Enjoyable
Volunteer Worker (Current Employee) –  Volunteer, NCJanuary 10, 2017
I really get joy out of spending time with this population. The staff there have been courteous and willing to assist me in any way possible with the residents.

The residents have become my friends and we treat each other with the utmost respect. The residents do their best with being polite for the most part. Some have cognitive issues that may cause confusion at times. I simply make sure that I remain professional-never getting personal which causes the issue to work out smoothly.

These residents need constant positive regard as they sometimes know that their health is declining and a friendly voice will help them through their day.
Great people horrible management
Wait staff (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 8, 2016
This is by far a great company to work for only if you do not have a life. They will work the mess out of you and expect you to be ok. They are very uptight about 30 minute breaks dont go over or you are in trouble. Management nit picks about EVERYTHING!!!!
Pros
Nice residents and co-workers
Cons
Management and policies
Digusting Work Place
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 6, 2016
Where do I start? The management is horrible, so is the coworkers who bully others. That place can burn for all I care!!! Terrible work place! Yuck!
Pros
None Slaves
Cons
Slaveship
What out for the Receptionist Supervisor
Former worker (Former Employee) –  Chapel HillJanuary 13, 2016
Management is not good at all; the receptionist supervisor is always calling out of work and likes to gossip and tell all of your business.

Beware of all of the receptionists and you will be fine.

I loved all of the residents dearly though.
Pros
Residents are great and appreciative
Cons
Management sucks!
Fun place to work
Nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCNovember 7, 2015
Taking care of the residents I learned how to not let things people say brother me management was great most coworker was good to get a long with sometime people did not want to come to work it make it hard on other the most enjoyable part about the job was talking to patients
Pros
sometime you do not get a break
Cons
Somtime you do not have time to take a break
Progressive person centered care CCRC - great place to work!
Dining Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 17, 2015
Carolina Meadows is a progressive Retirement Community. The management promotes person-centered care and is committed to ensuring the high quality/standard of living and dignity of our residents. I've worked many places during my career, but Carolina Meadows is the best place I've worked...mainly because of the culture and the people.
Pros
benefits, workout facilty, tennis courts, golf course, in-door swimming pool, ongoing training, good compensation, promotes from within, invests in their people
Cons
pay could be better, however, it competitive with area businesses
Nice residents but terrible management
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill NCDecember 2, 2014
I worked here for about 4 months and it was a bad experience. Lots of politics and manipulative BS.They were stuck in the 80's and had no desire to do any better. Horrible manager and an even worse dining room manager...backstabbing racist, hoarder... creeeepy. I heard that some of the people who had been there for way too long have quit so maybe its better now.
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
terrible management
Great People to work with and for. The relationships and connections with the wonderful residents make this much more than a "job".
Dining Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCOctober 24, 2014
Carolina Meadows is a progressive employer. They believe in investing in their employees through training, benefits, bonuses, etc.
I truly love connecting with the residents day to day and making their day. The thing is, they often make my day as well with their show of appreciation and gratitude. The hardest part of this job is that you inevitably lose dear ones you've come to love. I tell new employees the way to think about it is that we have the privilege of positively impacting the final days of some special people and their families.
I grew and learned so many new skills in this job.
Activity Director (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 11, 2014
I started out as an assistant and was facilitated to learn and grow during my time there. I learned about all aspects of activities and disease of the elderly. I had great managers and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when a close resident died. I learned that it was a natural part of a life well-lived.
Pros
free lunvh, Christmas bonus
Cons
I worked most holidays. It was a 24/7 job.
Great Area and Great Coworker
Medication Technician (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 6, 2014
Area is great and they offer good pay and great benefits, could show employees more support and be more friendler
Teamwork
Wait staff (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 17, 2014
The company is awesome. To see all the smiling faces you assist throughout the day
Worked nights and loved it.
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 16, 2014
The night staff were great. Worked as a team and enjoyed almost every night. Residents very well cared for. Had all supplies we needed for residents. Great second job.
Pros
Very clean enviroment. Always enjoyed staff and residents.
Cons
Residents get way to many medications.
Nice environment to work in especially when it was first opened up in Durham
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Chapel HillMarch 17, 2014
If u need a good easy part time job that makes you feel good working in feel free to work at Mcalisters Deli.
Pros
5 mins away from home, easy but a fast paced job.
Cons
Min wage pay
Good place to work with great benefits
Senior Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCNovember 11, 2013
I a typical day I would either be in charge of cooking breakfast and lunch or dinner. I learned a lot about baking mostly from experimenting during down time. The management at Carolina Meadows is not the best part of the job. My co-workers were great, they were from many different parts of the country and world making learning about different cultures fun. The hardest part of the job was pleasing management. And the best part of the job was that it was laid back.
Pros
40 hrs/week, great benefits, health programs
Providing excellence in Continuing Care
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCAugust 30, 2013
I most recently worked as the chef manager of the assisted living unit in an upscale continuing care facility. I was responsible for ordering foodstuffs and supplies, monthly inventories, budgeting, scheduling, planning and testing menus, performance reviews, safety procedures, staff training, kitchen organization, and maintaining a high health inspection score.
nice retirement community very friendy place to work
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCAugust 19, 2013
My day starts 6a.m. ends at 2:30p.m.
I've learned a lot at Carolina meadows an cleaning very detailed oriented, pay close attention to detail. Its a good job but im looking for something with a little more pay
Pros
good health benifits
Cons
pay is not so great, breaks are ot long
Carolina Meadows
Waitress (Former Employee) –  greensboro ncSeptember 9, 2012
It was a long drive to work. the people that you are serving and helping out are really nice and easy to work with
Fun place to work and very friendly
Medical Receptionist - Temp Assignment (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 27, 2012
Was nervous at first but once I got there everybody was friendly and made working there so comfortable. It a place where you don't mind going to work each and everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carolina Meadows. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8