Carolina Meadows

Carolina Meadows United States Employee Reviews

Nice residents but terrible management
Catering Manager (Former Employee), Chapel Hill NCDecember 2, 2014
Pros: nice residents
Cons: terrible management
I worked here for about 4 months and it was a bad experience. Lots of politics and manipulative BS.They were stuck in the 80's and had no desire to do any better. Horrible manager and an even worse dining room manager...backstabbing racist, hoarder... creeeepy. I heard that some of the people who had been there for way too long have quit so maybe its better now.
Great People to work with and for. The relationships and connections with the wonderful residents make this much more than a "job".
Dining Services Manager (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCOctober 24, 2014
Carolina Meadows is a progressive employer. They believe in investing in their employees through training, benefits, bonuses, etc.
I truly love connecting with the residents day to day and making their day. The thing is, they often make my day as well with their show of appreciation and gratitude. The hardest part of this job is that you inevitably lose dear ones you've come to love. I tell new employees the way to think about it is that we have the privilege of positively impacting the final days of some special people and their families.
I grew and learned so many new skills in this job.
Activity Director (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: free lunvh, christmas bonus
Cons: i worked most holidays. it was a 24/7 job.
I started out as an assistant and was facilitated to learn and grow during my time there. I learned about all aspects of activities and disease of the elderly. I had great managers and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when a close resident died. I learned that it was a natural part of a life well-lived.
Great Area and Great Coworker
Medication Technician (Current Employee), North CarolinaSeptember 6, 2014
Area is great and they offer good pay and great benefits, could show employees more support and be more friendler
Teamwork
Wait staff (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJuly 17, 2014
The company is awesome. To see all the smiling faces you assist throughout the day
Worked nights and loved it.
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJuly 16, 2014
Pros: very clean enviroment. always enjoyed staff and residents.
Cons: residents get way to many medications.
The night staff were great. Worked as a team and enjoyed almost every night. Residents very well cared for. Had all supplies we needed for residents. Great second job.
Nice environment to work in especially when it was first opened up in Durham
Utility Worker (Current Employee), Chapel HillMarch 17, 2014
Pros: 5 mins away from home, easy but a fast paced job.
Cons: min wage pay
If u need a good easy part time job that makes you feel good working in feel free to work at Mcalisters Deli.
Good place to work with great benefits
Senior Line Cook (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCNovember 11, 2013
Pros: 40 hrs/week, great benefits, health programs
Cons: management
I a typical day I would either be in charge of cooking breakfast and lunch or dinner. I learned a lot about baking mostly from experimenting during down time. The management at Carolina Meadows is not the best part of the job. My co-workers were great, they were from many different parts of the country and world making learning about different cultures fun. The hardest part of the job was pleasing management. And the best part of the job was that it was laid back.
Providing excellence in Continuing Care
Chef Manager (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCAugust 30, 2013
I most recently worked as the chef manager of the assisted living unit in an upscale continuing care facility. I was responsible for ordering foodstuffs and supplies, monthly inventories, budgeting, scheduling, planning and testing menus, performance reviews, safety procedures, staff training, kitchen organization, and maintaining a high health inspection score.
nice retirement community very friendy place to work
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCAugust 19, 2013
Pros: good health benifits
Cons: pay is not so great, breaks are ot long
My day starts 6a.m. ends at 2:30p.m.
I've learned a lot at Carolina meadows an cleaning very detailed oriented, pay close attention to detail. Its a good job but im looking for something with a little more pay
Carolina Meadows
Waitress (Former Employee), greensboro ncSeptember 9, 2012
It was a long drive to work. the people that you are serving and helping out are really nice and easy to work with
Fun place to work and very friendly
Medical Receptionist - Temp Assignment (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 27, 2012
Was nervous at first but once I got there everybody was friendly and made working there so comfortable. It a place where you don't mind going to work each and everyday.