Carolina Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good experience
NICU. Assist (Current Employee), Monroe, NCMay 26, 2015
Pros: Good experience
Cons: No time for lunch
CMC is an excellent place to gain experience. A typical day is very busy but manageable. CMC is going through growing pains so there is ups and downs. You want more time to spend with your patience and sometimes you can't. That is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get to see the positive outcome of what you were trained to do.
Good Place to Work
Medical Technologist I (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 17, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: short breaks and little time in the scheduling for its employees to have a work life balance
Good place to work, however recently the laboratory created a new lab, the core lab and it is productive and room for growth. The core lab has group leaders and team leaders, however the work life balance is not what I expected once the change took place from the main lab at the main campus or hospital. There seems to be a positive outlook for the employees, but the work schedule for the night shift is too demanding and little time for family or other incentives to encourage employees to attend school and or other activities aside from work.
Total patient care of pediatric patients with a variety of diagnosis
Resgistered Nurse (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 30, 2015
Fun environment in hospital caring for children from infant to 18 years of age with a variety of illness. Skills in infusion therapy, starting IV and labs. Assessments and critical thinking. Also gain experience in their Progressive Care Unit.
Productive and fun workplace
Environmental Services/Housekeeping (Current Employee), Pineville, NCMarch 5, 2015
Pros: luncheon
Cons: short breaks
During a typical work day, one of my biggest tasks is checking on my co-workers and assist various projects I like to meet with managment first thing Monday to discuss our priorities for the week, then meet again in the middle of the week to check progress, and meet once at the end of the week to discuss goal setting for the next week.
I never imagined that I would enjoy my time at a hospital
Catering Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: very close to home, and a well oiled machine
I worked 12 "never a dull moment" hours at Carolina Medical Center Main taking care of 30+ patients and their family members. I learned empathy, patience, and how to actively listen. Management was always there for you at a blink of an eye for coaching, and managerial needs. Once you the do aforementioned 12 hour shift, your co-workers become family. We were the heart and soul to our patients dietary needs, and always helped each other, when feasible. In the beginning, the hardest part of my job was keeping a poker face when a patient was going through their turbulent moments. The most enjoyable moments/parts of the job was the comraderie with the doctors, and nurses, and most importantly, the smiles on the patients face when it was lunch and dinner time.
My best job ever in my life
Staff CRNA (Former Employee), Charlotte, North CarolinaJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great working environment
Cons: i can't think of not a one
I loved working at CMC.
I hated to leave my job, but I had to relocate and follow my husband's career.
Hospital advanced in healthcare reform
Staff RN (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 8, 2015
Staff worked as team Worked in preop. Team ranked firsr oin one time starts compared to 10 other hospitals. Loved preoping the heart patients. Loved giving excellent care to my paitents treating them as my family.
I think The Patients should have been batter taken care of
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte NCNovember 6, 2014
The management did not treat the workers very good. The management did make some of the workers do there job. The pay was very good, but that is not the resin i was there.
Good place to work well respected companies in the world
Technical Analyst Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte NCSeptember 27, 2014
Will deploy windows 7 to pc that were windows xp.
Bring back any applications that was needed
Assign printers to a network
Take out Hard drive and replace ram
nursing aid
nurses aid (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 24, 2014
I loved the hospital it was a great place and they cared about everyone
A great place to work, very challenging
Staff Nurse Surgical/Trauma ICU (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great break room
Cons: back breaking
A very fast paced environment. I would get my assignments for the day, usually two critically ill patients that would be trauma patients transplant patients, or neuro patients. many of my patients were on ventilator support. having been in the ICU for most of my career I continued to be impressed by how much more I have learned from working together with an impressive staff The management at Carolinas Medical center was superb. The hardest part of the job were the grieving families. The most enjoyable part was when the patient would recover and come back to see us after discharge
very good
Environmental Services (Former Employee), charlotte ncJune 11, 2014
this is a very good place to work everybody that works there is nice management is very good at all things.
Nursing Assistant
Certified Nursing Assistant/ NA 1 & 2 (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2014
Not happy working here. There was to much going on that I did not like. The employees were helpful,but management needed a boost of improvement.
CMC
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 27, 2014
I liked my job at CMC, decided not to relocate. The schedule was great, but at times if I needed to switch a shift there was no willingness from other staff.
fun, best job ever
Customer service (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 22, 2014
I loved coming to working, I worked with chefs eat food a lot, as well as enjoyed see the customers and speaking with the guest staying and laving the hospital. just all around a wonderful place
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 14, 2014
On a typical day, it is extremely busy and hectic, however when you have a team of great team players the day goes smoothly. I learned a lot of patience and endurance to keep going even when it was hard. The hardest part of the job is the attachment I get with patients that are terminally ill. The most enjoyable part of my job is the love I have for both my patients and the staff.
Production
EVS Tech (Former Employee), Monroe, NCMarch 11, 2014
Pros: organized
Cons: lack of communication
cleaned building floors by sweeping, moping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
very detail oriented
greeted patients and offered assistance as needed
Carolina Healthcare System is a great place to volunteer.
Medical Data Entry (Volunteer) (Current Employee), Lincoln, NCMarch 4, 2014
The employees are exceptional and willing to teach you anything you want to learn. I have learned to review for errors and missing information to help complete medical data entry for supervisors. The management team has been great and they are vey organized.
Morrisons Food- Catering Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte NCMarch 3, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: not taking care of the same person all the time.
Fast pace job and great people to work around!!! Seeing and meeting new people everyday. Loved the job!!
A Typical Day
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee), Pineville, NCFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: saving someone's life
Cons: gossip
It was a good place to work, Doctor's were great to work with, Staff was so-so, I was bullied there by a staff member, I was always busy, I believe in getting the work done. I took call a lot but enjoyed it. I enjoyed going on the floors and doing ehoes but also meeting people, such as other Doctor's and employee's there.