Carolina Employee Reviews

Needs new Management
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 20, 2017
very stressful long days, physically and mentally demanding upper management needs serious improvement deallng with employees and crisis prevention and keeping vehicles up to date on everything including insurance
I enjoy helping and repairing things in a home
Owner (Current Employee) –  south eastern part of North CarolinaNovember 8, 2017
I would recommend Carolina to anyone who has the desire to work hard and get an honest day's pay. To work and enjoy everything that come before me. To repair, suggest non reoccurring issues with people, and to help all I can
Pros
Secured jobs
Cons
health benefits
Great work environment, very friendly team and management!
Server (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 4, 2017
You’ll enjoy working there. Management is working very hard on improving servers and kitchen skills by teaching about spirits, wine, food and service in general.
Pros
50% off food for employees, great people that work there
Cons
Good first step but low ceilings loom
Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 25, 2017
This is a good place to get your feet wet if you are looking for a first full time job. The benefits are pretty good. There's plenty to learn and there are opportunities to be a "go getter". You can discover your skills, practice them, and learn the basic. The biggest problem comes with the structure of the company and the back log of people who already work there. There isn't much movement from the employees that are higher up on the food chain so you end up running out of upward mobility.

The work environment is dependent on which area you are in. Some departments have heavy compliance requirements which limit creativity but some have more wiggle room. In general, its mostly 'paint by numbers'.
Productive fast paced work environment.
Officer (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, NCOctober 9, 2017
Great carrer great experiences co workers are engertic and enjoy what they do.Oppurtunity for advancement supervisor are experienced and have been on the job for a long time.
Low pay
Technician (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 5, 2017
Salary was too low and some managers was over the top. The work was fair but it was no room to move up so that means our salarys stayed the same. Other than that is was ok
job security
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Givhans, SCAugust 22, 2017
some extreme temperature, steady work some long hours, room for advancement easy to work with co-workers good management, time off with no problem when theres an emergency
Pros
steady work
Cons
extreme temperature
fun
Foot and Ankle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCApril 16, 2017
This was a great place to work for and great overall management and much communication skills. Sad they were bought out and we were displaced. I enjoyed the employees and the team work
Productive and fun work place
Assistantship (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 13, 2016
A typical day at work is usually contains research and computer work.
Co-workers are great
Management is great
Most enjoyable part of job is flexible hours
Pros
Flexible hours
Any work place open to positions of advance.
LABORER (Former Employee) –  Forest City, NCNovember 28, 2016
I like a good paying, consistent company, willing to their employees in place for advancement. Offers overtime, and schedules based on employee availability.
Challenging and satisfactory
Treasurer and Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoNovember 4, 2016
Since I had to take care of both my parents it was a bit challenging. Out of everything I was able to gain experience as a student of nursing.
Pros
Gain experience
Cons
A bit difficult
pleasant work atmosphere
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJune 22, 2016
Check patients in at front desk, collect and update insurance cards, update date in system, pull charts for patient, assure patient chart is in nurse slot in a timely manner, schedule and appointments, pull medical records forward record to requesting physician office, referrals, make sure patients get appropriate appointment set up before leaving the office if at all possible. insurance precertification, check patient out collect co pays and payments set up follow up appointment.
Excelent placed to work.
Telemarketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJune 3, 2016
DIRECTV is a great place to work - the people are very smart, benefits and pay are great, and the campus is pretty nice.Mangers truly care about employees and are committed to professional growth and advancement.
A/R Manager
Billing Clerk promoted to A/R Manager (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMarch 5, 2016
Started in billing and promoted to A/R Manager. Did all A/R duties that included posting checks, balancing daily to the exact penny, filing, and end of month closing duties.
Excellent staff and management. I learned a lot of A/R in this position.
The hard part which is basically time consuming, is posting 6 (six) figure checks to accounts.
The enjoyable part is balancing to the penny at end of month,
One of the best jobs with some of the best managers and co-workers I have ever had.
Pros
Benefits, Family owned business/environment
Cons
Having to leave because we moved too far away.
Great Place to work!
Sales Rep and Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 26, 2016
The Carolina Group is a fun and exciting environment! I go to work everyday excited to work with my co-workers and have the opportunity to advance my career.
Registered Behavior Technician
Behavior Technician II (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 11, 2015
I currently work at the clinic in a 1:1 environment. I really enjoy the flexibility of the position. I enjoy helping others learn.
nice company to work in S.C.
security guard (Current Employee) –  south CarolinaOctober 7, 2015
Good schedule , nice people. good training, average pay . we get pay every two weeks. some site get vacation time .There are alot of in south carolina
Pros
nice people
Cons
none thing
fun place to work
card operator (Former Employee) –  reno nvSeptember 14, 2015
it was a fun place to work and management was great wasn't about the numbers but the quality of work. not any red tape and straight forward employment
Pros
4 day weeks
Very productive work.
Own business of sales. (Former Employee) –  All the island.September 5, 2015
Very early in the morning go out to make big sales. learn not to gift up never. I management my own. It was my own company of sales and I work alone. Be carefull in the street with the bad people. Look at the face of my customers went I give then a very good service.
Pros
satisfy with my goals.
Cons
Always in the street.
Empresa Privada
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Base MuñizAugust 10, 2015
Con una cultura antiprofesional, donde no se respeta las opiniones ni de empleados regulares ni de empleados excentos.