CarolinaEast Health System Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Underpaid, overworked, and telling it like it is.
Tech (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCSeptember 12, 2017
The culture at CarolinaEast is to do as you are told, and they don't care what you think. This hospital is a big fish in a tiny pond. The pay rate for most positions is laughable...for the actual laborers such as myself. The management, many of whom can be found in the cafeteria at any given time of day, is compensated handsomely. There are quite a few cliques...either you are in, or you are not. You will know fairly quickly where you fit. They love to preach about how to treat one another, but it is seldom put into practice. Many employees are unhappy...barely lifting their eyes as they roam the hallways. There is much shiny new construction with little to no debt....while the little people toil away for pennies in hidden, dilapidated departments. Morale is as low as the starting wages. Cut rate, bargain basement health care insurance plans are the latest insult to injury. I'm there because I have to be...for now.
Pros
Free gifts covered with the logo.
Cons
Everything else.
Nurses are not your friends
CNA (Former Employee) –  New Bern NCAugust 27, 2017
This Hospital cannot staff they will leave a tech with 15 plus patients and not care or try to get you help. People will video tape others to ge them fired very cut throat and lots of back stabbing people you cant trust. Do not bother you will be over worked under paid and never recognized unless your a Doctor.
Pros
Cons
lack of trust in co workers Nurses do what ever they want techs get fired
not interested in completing this review
Health Information Services Manager (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCJuly 6, 2017
I cannot complete this review in good conscious. I would like to move through this so that I can apply for the position I logged on to apply for. Very frustrating
The Culture of the organization is amazing! Truly value the employees!
Vice President, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCJune 19, 2017
CarolinaEast is a very special organization that values their employees. There are a lot of long term employees which speaks to the way employees are treated, great benefits, a lot of employee recognition and a feeling of family. Great place to work!
Pros
Nice facility, great benefits, nice staff and leaders that care about doing the right thing.
Love this company!!!
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCApril 20, 2017
Great place to work, company is great, employees are great, management is great. I love this place, the company values their patients, and values their employees. The benefits are wonderful. I have nothing but great things to say about working here.
Third Party Collector (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCApril 17, 2017
The manager are not fair they treat their employees different some of them have their favorite. It's a good place to eat but they should have a different manager
Pros
Good food
Cons
Manager unfair
Overall, a great place to have a career
Current employee (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCApril 1, 2017
Having worked here for awhile, left to try other organizations, and eventually came back I can honestly say that overall this is a great place to work. As with anything, there is room for improvement, but it is not as bad as some of the reviews make it sound. We are a very customer service oriented health care facility, but that doesn't only apply to patients. On top of having great benefits, I believe that management is fair and if you are a good employee you will have a good work experience with this organization.
Very fast paced office.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCFebruary 21, 2017
Very fast paced office. Employees were nice. Expected to keep up without errors. Lots of patients that expected attention. I enjoyed working with the patients and getting to know them.
nice benefits with low insurance premiums
Third Party Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCFebruary 17, 2017
Plenty of work to keep you busy all day. I have learned a lot about billing and working with insurance companies. The hardest part is working in cubicles with 20+ women around. I find it very distracting at times.
Carolina East Health System
Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCDecember 17, 2016
Best hospital in the area I've worked at. They have an understanding of how important it is to make their employees happy with the amenities and rewards offered at the job. Also nice to see the dedication to the community they serve.
Great atmosphere!!
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCNovember 30, 2016
I absolutely love working here! The employees are friendly and helpful!! They provide numerous wonderful benefits and incentives! There are so many people who have worked here for 20+ years because it's such a great place to work!
Pros
Awesome benefits!
Cons
I was started at the absolute lowest level of pay when, due to my experience, I should've been at the upper tier for my position!
Great place to work and learn
CNA II (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCJanuary 25, 2016
I love my job a great place to work friendly staff and genuinely good hearted people all around. To be a part of such an wonderful team is a honor and privilege. My co-works and upper management are a pleasure to work with. everyone helps and lend a helping hand when needed.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
overnight hours
Great for independent worker
Medicare Team - Medicare Advantage Biller (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCJanuary 18, 2016
Very nice place to work, great benefits. There is a diverse population of employees. Too many perks to list.

As a biller, the workload seems to be divided up quite evenly.

Loads of support when needing help or technical assistance.
just left there....Awful !!!
Tech (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCApril 7, 2015
VERY POOR management. Day shift people are queens and basically make their own rules.
The rest are over worked and treated like dirt. The best thing that could happen to that place is one of the big hospital in Raleigh buys them and turns them into a real hospital. And they clean house on management. That would also benefit the surrounding community as well.
Pros
Not one
Cons
everything
overall if you are a new person not good
evs (Former Employee) –  new bernApril 5, 2015
They tell you one thing when they hire you about your schedule and then they post something else had me working 4 weekends in a row employees hide so someone else has to do checkouts long lunch breaks lie and say they were doing other things and they weren't i was let go because i was humiliated buy another employee it was so bad i was in tears so i walked out tried to call superior to let them handle it but no one called me went to hr and they acted like they did care i don't recommend the evs department
overall poor place to work
RN Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCMarch 24, 2015
Poor management throughout the facility, long lunch breaks by employees, need to follow national standards. Employees need more education based on their particular areas, need a dress code. Employees need to be held accountable