Carolinas HealthCare System

Carolinas HealthCare System Employee Reviews in United States

An Excellent Company To Work For!
Patient Account Representative II (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 12, 2016
This company is wonderful. I work a stress-free day with minimal interruption. I learn something new each day. The knowledge I have gained will help me throughout my career and in my hope to be part of the management team with a company someday. Management is excellent. My coworkers are a dream as teammates. This job is not hard, because I love the work environment and teamwork. I enjoy being a part of a team that works together and respects each other.
Cons
The healthcare benefits are not the best option for diabetics.
Wasn't a happy camper
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2016
Nothing to say other than management was inconsistent and lacked the communication skills necessary to increase moral of staff. It was a "do as I say" over following policies kind of environment. I started out happy but left feeling unmotivated. I loved the job itself, but the way they treated staff was beyond unacceptable.
Pros
Nice pay, great benefits, helping patients.
Cons
Inconsistent rules and management.
Fun Environment to work for.
Physician Assistant and billing (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 19, 2016
Duties included getting doctors records ready. Greeting patients in a positive and cheerful manner. Gave patients resources to help manage their lives. Did the billing at the end of the day. Made sure the doctors had everything they needed in their offices. The hardest part of my job was having to quit to be a stay at home mom. The most enjoyable part was working with mental health patients and helping them to get the resources they needed to improve their lives. I got along wonderful with the nurses and doctors I worked with.
Pros
Helping people get back on track.
Cons
Not enough time with patients
Horrible benefits, pay scale not good, feels like youa re in a production plant
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCMay 2, 2016
Have worked several yrs at CHS in Linc.. Would not recommend for a job.
To much pressure with timed results, big brother watching your back.

and the Insurance is bad, to high a deductible..
upper mgmt. has no clue how it means to work on the "front lines" with patients, nor does upper mgmt. care..
Its all about the money to them..
the "little employees" are just minions
Cons
stress, production money centered
Carolinas HealthCare System is one of the Carolinas top-notch company to work for and I am proud to work there.
Secretary II (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 14, 2016
I enjoy working with the staff and being at the forefront of the same day surgical department. Working in the surgical waiting area and assisting patients' families and friends as they wait for updates from the surgical staff is a rewarding and fulfilling experience.
Wonderful Team of people to work with. Created great friendships
Clerical Team Leader/ Myers Park Ob/GYN (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 14, 2016
My typical day at work consist of helping individual get much needed appointments and also educating staff on time management and how to do their tasks correctly. I've learned a "Great Deal" while being an employer of Carolinas Healthcare. The hardest part of the job(In my Opinion) is to watch how new leadership change how the practice was built to have a success productive day. The most enjoyable part of my day is to know I've helped several individuals and they ask for my name to let Management know how Much I've helped them.
Pros
Continuing education offered with this company/ability to learn alot
Cons
No Trust
Team oriented and ever changing
Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 31, 2016
Carolina's Healthcare is a great place to work. Being a health care facility things are constantly changing, and you have to be able to work well under stress and constant change. I have learned a tremendous amount about finance and the operations of a large corporation. The most enjoyable part is working through large data files and devising a way to configure the data to provide meaningful information.
Pros
Yearly corporate picnic
Cons
health care benefits changed to HSA
Very nice place to work
ENDOSCOPY RN (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 21, 2016
I enjoyed working at the Ballantyne Gastroenterology Center. All of the staff get along and work together in a very busy, happy environment. Getting time off was the biggest challenge and making great friends with my coworkers was the best part.
Pros
Happy place, nice patients, great coworkers
Cons
Pay, time off
Provided growth and needed professional training.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 27, 2016
Worked for CHS for a total of ten years. It was a good run, provided a wealth of knowledge and leadership abilities. It was a very positive experience for me personally. I am no longer in the industry however, I have a CHS oriented mindset. Which has been crucial and beneficial to me professionally. Management was not always qualified to lead teams. I do feel that management comingling goes on. Such as privileges and perks for friends of management. The recognition of CNA's could drasitically improve. Environmental services would be another department that needs TLC.
Pros
Growth & wealth of training
Cons
Advancement is slow
Extreme disappointment for such a large hospital system.
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 3, 2016
Overworked, unappreciated, and under paid. Management "offers help" but isn't truly available to assist. Benefits are horrible from PTO to medical benefits. The hardest part of the job is lack of communication among the team. The most enjoyable part of my job is assisting my Patients which is the reason for us being there.
Pros
Potential for Growth
Cons
Medical Benefits/PTO
Worst place ever worked
EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCJune 11, 2016
Never knew when you were going home. Had to work till discharges were done. Management would have only 1 person doing this till the end of the night then everyone would have to help finish. Didn't do the job I was interviewed for either.
Pros
Money was ok.
Cons
Never knew what time you were going home.
Great Internship Experience
Cardiac Rehabilitation Intern (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 18, 2016
I am completing my internship in cardiac rehabilitation at Carolinas Medical Center. My experience has been great. The staff members are friendly and approachable. The program is run very well. Patients are happy and adhere well to the program.
Pros
positive environment, great platform for learning
Cons
Internship is unpaid
Great Benefits and different programs to help with work and personal life
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 6, 2016
Great Company to work for however i'm looking to Advance in my Career and doesn't seem like any room to do that here. I've been here 3 years and i have truly enjoyed every minute of working with the system.
Lazy staff members and they acted very childish
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 10, 2016
The staff was very lazy and childish. I have never worked with so many cut throat people before in my life. Staff would tell the nurese what assigment they was going to do and not going to do. I saw staff verbal sexully abuse other staff and the management is very bias.
Pros
free dinner
Cons
horrible benefits and pay
Best Physicians in the world!
HEALTHWORKS Division-Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 1, 2016
Worked there for 10 years! Company great at looking at the future and understanding direction Healthcare is going. Met friends with whom I still have contact with. Helping lives matters. Great employees with BIG hearts.
Productive and exciting , new ways in learning.
CNA/Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 23, 2016
A typical day at work consist of Huddle in the am, report off to co-workers from night shift. Learned - that you can't do it all in one setting, My co-workers make time at work fun and teachable. The hardest part of the job is not being able to assist at all times. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help someone without changing who I am.
Enjoyable workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCFebruary 16, 2016
The most enjoyable part of this job is educating families on how to care for their new baby. The hardest part of this job is dealing with staffing issues. Most of my co-workers are very helpful. Management at this job is okay. We still do not have a unit manager. I have learned a lot about postpartum care.
Cons
short staffing, no cross-training
Great Place to work!
HOMEMAKER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 19, 2016
A typical day consist of a morning update with magement.
Ive learned effiency from the team, but the hardest part would be losing a residence due to death. However the most enjoyable would be seeing them improve and able to live life and go home.
Best People I have ever worked for
Emergency Nurse (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 13, 2016
The management and people at this organization are a class act, I never thought the idealism and lip service you find at other places could actually be a reality.
Pros
Culture of empathy and consideration
Cons
I cant think of any
Productive environment with plenty of opportunity for advancement
EEG Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2016
Great place to work with plenty of room for advancement. They cultivate an environment of improvement within yourself and others. It is hard work but you are always busy and have a great team of doctors, nurses and other eeg technicians to support you. The greatest part of the job was the willingness of the team to educate and help.
Pros
Busy work
Cons
taking call can be crazy at times

Carolinas HealthCare System Reviews by Location