Carolinas HealthCare System Employee Reviews

Good people to work with depending on department or management
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJune 24, 2017
I was a contract worker so I didn't get benefits, but I had heard the benefits had been getting progressively worse over the last few years.
The management was understanding and cooperative (at least my department), the employees were fun to work with, depending on what time of day you talked to them.
Apparently they have an unwritten procedure that instead of firing people they just move them elsewhere, without giving a reason why.
daily task
Patient Access/Registration (PRN) (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 24, 2017
verifying demographic information and insurance data. Greeting patients and provide extra customer service when needed. The hardest part of the job is dealing with others patients who do not have proper manners
Pros
interesting environment to work in
Cons
30 mins lunch breaks
Registered Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 23, 2017
When working at the facility, managementead ot or lack of management and tear upm work was a huge problem. The facility as a whole could not come together and everyone tried to break each other down instead of building each other up like team mates.
Pros
perfect benefits
Cons
bad management and teamwork
CHS is a great place with great people. A caring place.
Medical Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 21, 2017
The environment was easy and pleasant. A place you can contribute and see the benefits. I enjoy interacting with our customers and vendors. This is a place that everyone can be engaged with others. The most stressful part of the job is not knowing how to comfort those who have terminal illnesses.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
long shifts
Friendly place to work
Managed Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJune 18, 2017
Great company to work for , love working in the medical field. I do not have any complaints just looking for a part time job to offset my full time. I am honored to be working in such a high demand company for 9 1/2 years
Carolinas Health Care is a great company to work for, if you are able to balance work/home life.
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 17, 2017
Carolina Health Care is a good place to work for. Working with a good group of people, different cultures, and has plenty of opportunities for growth, the most enjoyable part of working with Carolinas Health Care is working with the patients. The hardest part of the job is the stress of the job when you feel overwhelmed, and not able to meet the requirements of job description.
Pros
patient contact - getting to know patients
Cons
No breaks, short lunch, long hours
Typical Day
Office Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 17, 2017
My work experience could have been better. Some management work well together while others did not. More training is needed from the management team. Overall I really liked working for a large healthcare system. I feel it could offer better insurance and pay to employees. Work life balance could be better in some areas also.
Pros
Some areas room to advance
Cons
Management team didn't always work fair together
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCJune 17, 2017
great place to work. the management listened to staff and considered their concerns. The job was very rewarding as I was able to serve patients with chronic conditions,
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Great place to learn and expand knowledge.
Student (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCJune 16, 2017
I am a student at Cleveland Community College who is currently in the Surgical Technology Program. I have been doing my clinical experience here and all of the employees I have encountered are very nice and work well with students.
As long as the company's making money everyone's happy.
Clinical Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCJune 16, 2017
Can be a great place to work but can be challenging. The insurance is not the best. The employees are great and they are very productive. If you're not an RN don't expect a high pay rate.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Insurance too high
Fun workplace
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2017
Fun workplace. I gained a lot of skills. Would try to network as much as possible to increase chances of getting promoted. Culture is great. The hardest part about the job is that so much work is loaded onto one person when there's several people to do the job.
Pros
great employee appreciation and end of year gifts
Cons
short lunches and sometimes no lunch at all, overworked
CHS has mant locations to choose from.
Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2017
CHS is a great company to work for. When I started to work for CHS , I didn't have any medical skills. The staff has no problem teaching someone whom is willing to learn their jobs .
Pros
yearly bonuses
Cons
The work is addictive. Often the work gets a little stressful.
Excellent healthcare system for the treatment of medical conditions and education/learning
Healthcare Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2017
Typical day at work is fairly busy. Staff can get frustrated and and take it out on others. Management does not engage enough to get their own opinion of the work environment and staff.
Pros
Decent benefits and room for growth
Cons
Management can be unfair
Hard to move around
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  charlotteJune 13, 2017
It was hard to get promoted. They moved you on their path not your own. The culture was fun, you became like family to one another. Free lunches somedays
Great place, great people
AMBULATORY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 13, 2017
Carolinas Healthcare System is an amazing place to work. You learn so many different things and meet so many people that become family. Their benefits do need some improving though.
Great Internship
Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 12, 2017
Working at an inters with Carolina's HealthCare System was great. I was a Chaplaincy Services inter working on my masters degree in counseling. I was able to work with patients and their families to build my skills and genuinely support them during difficult time.
Great Place
Venipuncture Tech (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 12, 2017
Great Place I would refer anyone to work for the business. I have worked here for over seven years and it truly has been a pleasure. Yes I would refer any here.
A days work
Live Answer Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 10, 2017
I have obtained an enormous amount of knowledge about various computer applications, medications, and obgyn related topics! The staff is very friendly.
CMC Review
Advanced Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 9, 2017
CMC has a culture of inclusiveness that sometimes misses the mark. They are very flexible; but, could offer better compensation for its employees and avoid the nepotism within it s management tiers
Cons
Healthcare plans
Sounds great in theory, but not in practice
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 8, 2017
I was so excited when I came onboard with this organization. The orientation really gets you excited for what's to come. The particular department I work in runs many analyses and is paramount in patient care, even if in an indirect matter. We are constantly understaffed, but our volume dictates we do not need more employees, so it's hard to get people hired. If one person calls out sick, my department pretty much implodes. A person shouldn't have to work in a place where everything goes haywire when 1 person is out. Also, my manager allows a coworker of mine to do the schedule, knowing that this coworker and I don't get along. Needless to say, I've been stuck with some terrible staffing situations, one of which where I was the only person in my entire department, when we typically run 3-4. Needless to say, our patients were NOT getting the best care that day. The response I got from my manager - "Sorry, I didn't know...I didn't look at the schedule." This is almost more infuriating, but I feel trapped. I do not feel comfortable going to HR and causing any tension while I'm job hunting.

I'm sure some campuses are better than mine, but I would steer clear of this particular location.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pretty much everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carolinas HealthCare System. Our community is ready to answer.

Carolinas HealthCare System Reviews by Location