Carolinas HealthCare System Employee Reviews

It’s ok because I get attached to my residents they make it worth doing
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCFebruary 18, 2018
Well first off I would like my job more if we were fully staffed and if we had better leaders at cleveland pines that’s who I work for through carolinas healthcare system they have poor management horrible they have no concern about noone they do not appreciate their employees lack of communication the absence police sucks,just very bad higher people!!!!!🤔😭
Pros
Can get as many hours you need
Cons
Not appreciated, no communication at all
Monopoly
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 14, 2018
Big company, monopolize the area. Company was great when I started working with them in 2012. After new CEO everything went down hill, big budget cuts. Cutting important stuff like staff but sill expect the same work load. Every quarter something is cut, wanting more and more from employee but no effort on management to help out. CEO and upper management still make big bonus while employees struggles.
Pros
Large company
Cons
Bad management
Reconsider.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 12, 2018
One of the worst places I've ever worked. The benefits and the pay were great but the atmosphere was horrible. The management was practically non existing. The onboard training process was extremely unprofessional and disorganized; everyday was a struggle to figure out who was going to train me and a majority of them didn't know how to use the computer systems or have any knowledge of QS1. Their Flex team had terrible communication skills when covering your vacation time and PTO, it made you not even want to take a vacation because the repercussion was not worth it when u came back.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
atmosphere and training
Lower Management in UrgentCare makes it impossible to get through the hard days!!
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 12, 2018
UrgentCare makes up their own rules and HR does not have your back. They always say well UC doesnt fall under this or that rule. They just make it up as they go.

Management has no clue.

Never fully staffed which is dangerous during flu season.

Gossip gossip gossip even with management.

Alot of financial pressure during the summer and limited staff during flu season and this leads to year round stress.

They lie. No dedicated lunch or breaks. At solo clinic makes it impossible to eat sometimes.
Pros
bonus
Cons
management, no breaks, financial pressure
poor management
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mint Hill, NCFebruary 12, 2018
Although I love working with the company, the management team is not the best. Their ability to communicate and treat people fairly is unsatisfactory. Besides that, the work environment, although sometimes stressful, it's positive in many other ways.
Pros
Benefits/hours
Cons
Low salary/poor management
Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 11, 2018
Great people and working conditions overall. Collaborative environment. Adequately staffed most of the time. New senior leadership and new company name, Atrium Health, indicative of expansion into other states.
Pros
Manager
Cons
Workload
Great Place to work.
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 11, 2018
A typical day varies from day to day. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of the patients and the volunteer opportunities that are available to employees. There are a lot of wonderful people that work for Carolinas Healthcare.
Not a happy unit
Clinical RN (PACU) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 8, 2018
I work in an unorganized, poorly managed unit with no clear leadership. The unit is chaotic, but not due to high acuity, rather due to poor layout, workflow, mandy, etc. the pay is terrible and benefits aren’t great.
Pros
Good teammate work
Cons
Poor pay, poor management, etc
Good company
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 8, 2018
as big as they are there is something for everyone, room to advance. If you get in the system and don’t like where you land there are options to move and grow.
Pros
Self scheduling
Enjoy
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 7, 2018
Enjoyed the teamwork from my coworkers. The benefits were better and management. I feel CHS is going in the wrong direction. The doctors that are there now seem to be concerned about commission of seeing patients and not actually helping the patient.
Prestigious Organization!!
Care Coord/Auth/Schedule Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 6, 2018
I am honestly to boastfully state that I work for Carolinas Healthcare System.

The workplace culture was absolutely wonderful. I was able to say that my teammates are great people to be with inside and outside of work. Management was always able to help and complete tasks that needed to be handled. Most importantly, no matter the medical group, I've always found joy in conversing and giving our patient the best experience they can acquire!
Great company to work for
Customer Service Representative Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 6, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company. I enjoyed the people I worked with. It was a great work atmosphere. I enjoyed going to work and helping the patients.
Passionate and engaging place to work
Coding/Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 5, 2018
The atmosphere is one of encouragement and team work, with management being at the fore. When you are on the campus of CHS you can feel the care and compassion for the patient as well as the pride of being a part of a world class organization.
Pros
diverse culture
Productivw
Patient Accounts Rep/CSR (Current Employee) –  Charlotte NCFebruary 2, 2018
Here at CHS we put our patients healthcare first, by making they're experience comfortable and easy going from patient care to billing. The management team are always opened to helping us grow.
Stressful,racial staff,HR is rude.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  NcFebruary 1, 2018
HR is unprofessional also. Can't understand there language. Rude HR. The company takes to long to process employees. Your HH needs to be cleaned out and new staff placed in there„racial staff work there. No place I wanted to work.
A break room with a TV that was once locked out to only Fox news
Maintenance Mechanic I (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 1, 2018
(Night Shift) Working 12 hours with a lead mechanic that calls you over a company flip phone telling to do a work order with no room for questions, concerns or complaints. No proper education or assistance with acquiring licences. Everything that is done there is a guessing game. Personal "expensive" tools are not given even if requested. Only "important" people even have proper tool carts. The management does not communicate with you over a problem even if its brought to there attention multiple times. Once you are written up you can no longer move or switch to a different position within the department or company to elevate the issues you may be having. Overtime (currently) is not always allowed you may be asked to flex. Overall the hardest part of this job is dealing with people who do not care about you or for you and will back the person in the higher position every time without question. Ask for tools you may get the cheap stuff and a bag to hold them all in.
Pros
minimal tools
Cons
a "coworker" that dose not treat you with respect
I left only because of moving
Charge Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 1, 2018
Awesome place to be employed! Wouldn’t have left if I did no have to move. My job was challenging and exciting. I enjoyed all aspects. I know that I am eligible for rehire anytime. Unfortunately my partner relocated and I filled.
Pros
Longevity of employment
Training
Practice Manager II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 30, 2018
Carolina Healthcare System provided training for its management employees. Great benefit package. Salary paid position, which worked till all problems were solved. Paid time off was a perk for intermediate days needed
Benefits
Registrar
Levine Children Specialty Center Registrar (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 29, 2018
Set up appointments of the telephone daily for children, discharged from the Levine Children's Specialty Center daily. Also locate appointments from referrals of specialty offices.
Cons
Low pay rate, no real job securtiy.
Many options
LPN (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 29, 2018
Multiple options for lateral transfers. Pleasant work environment with peers and physicians. Offered multiple discounts through out the community. Many opportunities for volunteering
Pros
Community discounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carolinas HealthCare System. Our community is ready to answer.