Carolinas Healthcare Employee Reviews

High volume call center
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mint Hill, NCMarch 3, 2017
• Coordinate and direct high volume inbound calls from customers and route them to appropriate departments.
• Act as liaison between customer, doctors, and specialist relaying confidential information to better service the patient and their unique needs.
• Train new hires by conducting 1-on-1 shadowing of myself and reviewing the everyday process of the new hire and suggesting ways to become more efficient in completing work tasks.
• Monitor job aides to update and streamline information for accuracy and efficiency.
Cons
Flexibility
Great healthcare company
Patient Registrar/PRN (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 8, 2017
I loved working with CHS it was a great experience, loved working with patients and helping them in any way I could. My co workers where very nice and we worked well together.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Micro Managers
close to alot of food source
Technical Buyer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 20, 2017
Awesome company to work for there main focus is work life balance.
company all about taking care of patient care ensuring they have right staff and proper care
Employee Friendly
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2017
Carolinas Healthcare is a great place in that it teaches the values of understanding the patient experience. I have learned to appreciate the work I do because I am giving the opportunity to make people feel better while facing difficult times.
Chs
Technical Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2016
Great company. Dedicated to providing support for more than 60,000 employees across North Carolina. Unlimited budget for rolling out virtual technology. Highly recommend
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 4, 2016
I love my coworkers and the impact I am able to make everyday with the patient's I am able to assist. I have also been able to enjoy a great work/life balance.
Pros
I feel as though I am able to have a work/life balance
Cons
the benefits have gotten worse.
Love the job
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCOctober 29, 2016
Did not like the city of Charlotte. I wanted to work a day shift and that shift was not available. Staff was great and the medical support was ever present
Ok place to work
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 24, 2016
Love working with Patients they are the best part of the job, and going to work everyday to make someone else's day a little brighter made the job fulfilling.
Pros
Patients and helping them
Cons
Management/Administration
Productive and challenging
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 31, 2016
Typical day at work consists of dealing with some of the most difficult patients. I've learned how to deescalate possible and actual hostile situatuation.
My coworkers are awesome and a joy to work with.
Management could improve.
Amazing Workplace
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 19, 2016
I really enjoyed working with Carolinas Healthcare System. The management team and employees were amazing. They were flexible with times and great with their employees.
productive employee
Patient Financial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2016
I am still currently employed. A typical day at work is general data entry and I love it. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I can multi task which gives me a rush being able to work under pressure.
productive, challenging workplace
Sr. Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 30, 2016
New challenges everyday, worked out of a temporary kitchen during remodel and facilitated move into new kitchen. Managed over 100 team members.
Pros
Great Food Fun people
Cons
Healthcare restrictions on diets
Carolinas Healthcare-Telehealth Solutions
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mint Hill, NCJune 28, 2016
I contacted recently released hospital patients to inquire about their health. I sat at my desk and pulled up patients' information, called and then imputed their data into the computer program. Management was available if there were problems that needed to be addressed. I enjoyed speaking with the patients and demonstrating that the care from Caroilinas Healthcare continues after they leave the hospital.
Pros
salary
Cons
driving distance to and from work
None, stop asking the same questions over and over again
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2016
Not a good place to work Nothing else to say without being rude. Really, You are going to keep asking questions that I don't want to answer.
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 15, 2016
A busy and very productive company that's always forward thinking...Always learning something new in any position here at CHS.
great upbeat place
Registration Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28211April 13, 2016
I work In peds! I love working with kids! Good hours, good management, great doctors! We see up to 250 patients a day! All my co workers are pretty nice! All hard workers! Hardest part of the job is trying to calm down an angry parent!
job security and job work life balance
Billing and (Current Employee) –  CharlotteDecember 30, 2015
My typical day at work would be working from home getting started at 6:00 am. It is a priveledge to be able to work from home. I get my work done and in a productive and accurate manner. The hardest part of my job is working a rejection that i am not familiar with but overal my job is great and i enjoy it each and everyday
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Short lunch breaks consist of 30 minutes
Benefits could be better
Instrument Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2015
The job is very rewarding, knowing that you have a part in saving a persons life. Its very busy most days and very fast pace. My co-workers work hard and try to be a help to all customers (nurses, doctors, patients.)
Pros
Saving Lives
Cons
Short Staff
Interesting,fast pace environment,multi-tasking,excellent learning experience
Liver Answer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 16, 2015
It is a fast pace environment,very challenging because you have to be time efficient but very proficient, enjoyed every moment of this job.
You work with all the departments and learn how each one works and deliver that information to patients and educate them on how to resolve any concerns and meet they're expectations.
Great Experience
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Pineville, NcFebruary 5, 2015
I work at a Cardiology office with 200+ patients a day. I work check- in review patient medical accounts, take payments, work with medical records and scanning in all paper work. Costumer service is priority, I have received multiple compliments.
Pros
Learning and do things in each depart to be more helpful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carolinas Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3