Carolinas Hospital System Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Not a good experience
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 25, 2017
As much as I wanted to work at the hospital for the experience, management was very slow to hire new workers to replace people who quit due to job-related stress, thereby, placing more stress on the employees who remained.
Pros
Contacts
Cons
Overworked
It ok.
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 23, 2017
This is a great place to work. Pay scale needs to be upgraded. They should offer more career advancement opportunities. More PTO per year. A lot more incentives for staff
some coworkers GREAT but most are only there for themselves
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 16, 2017
Not enough support staff in the ICUs at night and it would be nice if a little attention be made to keeping equipment working. There are many terrific people that work in all different departments here but there are equally as many co-workers that will much of time be nice to your face but are really manipulative and self-serving. However, there is an INCREDIBLY WONDERFUL group of Pulmonologists-Intensivists that work there and they are professional, compassionate,hard-working and a delight to work with. They care about the patients as well as the nurses. They provide us all with excellent examples on how to be great co-workers. I respect and love them and would entrust the care of myself or any loved one to them.
Pros
Decent wages and some good coworkers
Cons
Broken equipment, dated privacy curtains in ICU, lack of night shift support staff in ICU
Hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 25, 2017
Worked as part of a team under the Supervision Of the attending physician. All vital signs and mobility access. Positioned ND transferred patient, recorded patient results.
very fast paced place to work
Nursing Technician (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 17, 2017
caring for patients daily making patients comfortable while they are in the hospital. i've learned alot while working there. i love caring for all types of patients.i work all different areas and learn new things daily. hardest part is dealing with different staff that are from the normal areas and being new to the floor
Pros
smiling faces
Cons
not getting enough hours
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 27, 2017
Great place to work, they always has something fun going on for the employees! They make you feel appreciated and I would recomend CHS to a friend to work for!
Pros
Benefits, activities, admin team
Housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Florence SCJune 23, 2017
Preparing rooms for the patient. Cleaning, dusting, mopping, and putting clean linen on beds for patients. We have to have these rooms prepared in a timely manner in orders for new patients to be admitted.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 6, 2017
Help with bathing rehab patient. Giving Baths and setting up for Therapy. Help with dietary and feedings. Charting and receptions. Electronic medical records.
Enjoy my job & great coworkers.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 26, 2017
I enjoy our patients & the families. Challenging at times & always rewarding. I enjoy the closeness of our team. I like seeing the patients when they visit us.
Poor laboratory management
MLT (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 16, 2017
No opportunity for advancement, Managers seem to show extreme favoritism when it comes to promotions.

A typical day is very stressful, because they are always short staffed, which tremendously hinders the work flow.
The pay is definitely not worth the amount of stress.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Pay scale is very low

Want to know more about Carolinas Hospital System?

Ask a question
great place to work.
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 13, 2017
carolinas hospital system is a great place to work. i recommend this place to any nurse who is considering employment in the state of south carolina.
management
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 5, 2017
management in the OR is not good. you will not be a valued employee here in that department and will be constantly reminded that you can be replaced with another warm body.
Nice place but need to work better with they employee
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 23, 2017
Nice place to work. But have very low staff. Don't work with you to well if you are sick and family too. If you miss days for that they will fired you. Even if you have a doctor's note
Pros
Fun places with the tech and nurses
Cons
Bad staff short and not working with they employee's
Wonderful place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 10, 2017
Best place I have ever worked. The staff is kind. Everyone knows everybody. The nurses here do not "eat their". They are so helpful. Overall, mi,dplace is perfect but these are the best people ever. I LOVE working her. I have advanced in 3 years. They work with my schedule. They are,understanding. The CNO is available when needed. There are not many places like this. They are,a large system with a small,community hospital feel. I would recommend anyone come work here for any,position.
Pros
Nicest most helpful fair employer ever
Cons
Low census during certains times but thats everywhere
Rewarding patient care
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 8, 2017
Learned a lot in all my years and patient care was top priority. Hardest part of the job was maintaining a timely schedule with minimal staff. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients in their journey to recovery.
Pros
family oriented atmosphere
Cons
cafe food expensive
Excellent
Biomedical Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCDecember 8, 2016
Good place to work. Good managers for the most part. Most equipment has been replaced in the last 3 years. Many long term employees. Quite and non stressful place to work.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 21, 2016
I really enjoyed my time of employment with this facility. Great place to work. My department was like family and we always had open communication.
Pros
Friendly, advancement and experienced staff
Cons
employees should receive a bigger discount for meals
Fast paced, expects 100 percent from employees, good benefits, good place to work
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 12, 2016
I worked at Carolinas for almost 9 years and enjoyed my job there and especially my enjoyed my coworkers. I would recommend others to work at Carolinas Hospital.
Pros
Employee medical benefits
Cons
Low pay for admisistrative positions. Promotions and pay raised are rare.
Nice people;comfortable environment.
Floor Tech/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 22, 2016
I would work 2nd shift which I liked because I could get a lot more done.I was introduced to some updated equipment that I learned to master with the help of some management that stuck by me during the process.I was fortunate to work with some experienced workers which made it a little smoother,but the hardest part of my job was keeping the machines in working order and it not being time-consuming.the people that always carried a smile while working to get a project done was my most enjoyable.
Growing company
Assistant Director, Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 10, 2016
Team oriented place to work. Majority of employees were from the area, which encourage everyone to work as a family. One of the best places to work in the area.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Family oriented