Carolinas Hospital System Employee Reviews

Nice people;comfortable environment.
Floor Tech/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 22, 2016
I would work 2nd shift which I liked because I could get a lot more done.I was introduced to some updated equipment that I learned to master with the help of some management that stuck by me during the process.I was fortunate to work with some experienced workers which made it a little smoother,but the hardest part of my job was keeping the machines in working order and it not being time-consuming.the people that always carried a smile while working to get a project done was my most enjoyable.
Fast paced, expects 100 percent from employees, good benefits, good place to work
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 12, 2016
I worked at Carolinas for almost 9 years and enjoyed my job there and especially my enjoyed my coworkers. I would recommend others to work at Carolinas Hospital.
Pros
Employee medical benefits
Cons
Low pay for admisistrative positions. Promotions and pay raised are rare.
Growing company
Assistant Director, Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 10, 2016
Team oriented place to work. Majority of employees were from the area, which encourage everyone to work as a family. One of the best places to work in the area.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Family oriented
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJune 6, 2016
Caring place for the sick. Nice room space for patients. Will send you to school if you work there long enough. Nice people. Nice work area. Friendly people.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Okay Place to Work
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 18, 2016
Not a bad place to work- very busy. Benefits are good; but, health insurance is expensive. Compensation does NOT match the amount of work involved. All in all, it's just alright.
benefits
Cons
compensation
Great People to work with!! Very fun yet professional environment
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCDecember 25, 2015
Very welcoming staff! They invited me in and treated me like family. They were very helpful with any and all questions I had as a new employee coming in. The management is so down to earth and professional and I believe I could go to them with any questions or concerns. They go above and beyond to help each other and work together as a team. They also took the time to teach me new things I may not have conquered before.

I love this company and wish I could continue my career here!I ( The only reason I am leaving is due to tragic life events that cause my life to be moved back to the upstate of South Carolina.)

Best company I have ever worked for!!!
Pros
Free Birthday Lunches with the Boss, Free Holliday Lunches
Cons
none!
Very disappointed with the pay and work load
nurse assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 20, 2015
I loved the patients. My co-workers were great, We on the most part all worked together doing patient care.I worked on the 4th floor Ortho/Neuro
Pros
Great nurses on weekend night shift and CNAs
Cons
Low pay, low raises and no staff.Usually on nights 2 techs or just1.
Fast pace and great learning experience. Needs stronger management for staff.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 4, 2015
Fast pace and great learning experience. Managment was strong but had random holes which may have lead to poor staffing at times. Loved the staff I worked with and the hours I was allowed.
Pros
Welcoming enviroment
Cons
Not enough staff on night shift
Production
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Florence,scAugust 21, 2015
working closely with insurance companies to see how claim process to pay or deny. Call in Provider Relation Managers from different insurance companies when issues were difficult to resolve. Work closely as a team with coworkers to get goal met monthly. Quarterly lunch meetings. Weekly meetings to report status of production.
Friendly environment
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 23, 2015
This workplace is very comfortable and friendly environment. It can give more pay raises and listen to more of what the employees want and need.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
pay rate

Want to know more about Carolinas Hospital System?

Ask a question
Depending on who you are workig with on shift determies how pleasant it will be.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 19, 2015
As above, not everyone works well together an some are not willing to take the initiative to get up and help others. There are some OUTSTANDING managers and peers, although there also are an equal amount that are not!
fun job
Phlebotomist/EKG (Former Employee) –  florence scOctober 15, 2015
It was a job that was rewarding being able to meet new people and listen to hat may be going on in their lives. Seeing your regular patients
Pros
being a problem solver
Stressful Environment and Short on Staff in the Financial Counselor Department
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Florence, SC.February 7, 2015
The Financial Counselor position at Carolina Hospital Systems Florence, SC. is a stressful environment with two financial counselors on staff. Very high level of phone calls. Previous Financial Counselor Left the department and is now at Marion Carolina Hospital Systems. The best part about the job is a person will receieve a pay check every two weeks. Would recommend doing research on this job before a person applies.
Pros
Will receive a paycheck every two weeks.
Cons
Low on staff, fast past environment, previous manager left to another facility
love my job
Patient Account Rep (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 30, 2015
Love my job . Grateful managers. Co-workers are supportive and always providing team work. My daily goal was to provide excellance service, work hard at resolving accounts and make someone smile.
Pros
love my job
Cons
My job is ending in September
Good department great coworkers
Refund Analyst (Current Employee) –  Florence, S. C.August 18, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Community Health Systems (Carolinas Hospital System). The only reason I am searching for another job is our department was relocated to a service center in Indiana.
Busy and fast paced environment
ER Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 2, 2014
A typical day at work would start with running and working reports, then doing quality control for ER registration staff, all the while anwering phone calls and helping out when needed in the registration process. When I started I thought there would be growth opportunities, however, after being promised a raise and interviewing for another position at Carolinas Hospital I now feel that is not the case. The hardest part of the job is being on call, as it leaves little time for a life outside of work. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with some good people.
Pros
decent pay and opportunity for overtime.
Cons
very few days off and seldom close together, hard to have a life outside of work
I love my job!
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 7, 2014
A typical day at work is getting pyxis pulled and delivered and helping out coworkers throughout the day.

I have learned to multitask very quickly.

Management is awesome! You can tell when one loves their job. They make their employees want to work with them.

The hardest part of the job is juggling a family with the different change in shifts.

The most enjoyable part of this job is being around people everyday who has the same mindset as you. Come to work, do your job, respect others around you, and go home to your family.
Pros
free food from the reps
Cons
30 minutes lunch breaks
Former Director/Manager
Director (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 16, 2014
Adminstration work managers to death, and some have never been in a managers position before. Directors lie to get their way to the top and then have no clue to how to run a company. Directors get Managers to do their dirty work. Directors lie to get employees with seniority out of their positions and keep those that brown nose to them, and have no clue is to what they do. CMA will close and my all of the Directors true light shine (wolves in sheep clothing).
Pros
Hard working employees, at some of the practices.
Cons
Adminstration of CMA
Enjoyed my job duties,
Departmental Secretary - Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 5, 2014
Typical day at work was answering the telephone, tons of filing; Learned you can't please everyone all of the time, My office co-workers were great and especially the workers in the warehouse. The hardest part of this job was in-house inventory which was every April and October. The most enjoyable part of this job was actually knowing I had a job every day.
Pros
Food was excellent.
Cons
Lunch hour should have been an hour; not 30 minutes.
making sure customers are satisfied with their meals
Dietary aide (Former Employee) –  Florence S.CJanuary 17, 2014
taking trays to patients, also picking up trays taking orders over the computers, sometimes work in the office or on the patient tray line. My hardest learning experience no matter how much the customers complain they are right and you just have to please the customer and continue your day. The enjoyment is knowing you made a patient smile and feel better and you're supervisor tell you great job!
Pros
Achivements, gifts, rewards
Cons
customer complaints

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carolinas Hospital System. Our community is ready to answer.

Carolinas Hospital System Reviews by Location