Carolinas Medical Center Employee Reviews

Love my Manager!
Emergency Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 30, 2018
Had the best experience a nurse could ever ask for and I regret that I moved out of state. I loved the team, the doctors, the leadership and hospital administration. I can't think of one real negative about my time employed there. I'd love to move back to NC and pick up where I left off.
Pros
Great support and team members all around
Cons
Sometimes we were really full and needed to be creative with sleeping arrangements.
Tough Job Market
Patient Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 29, 2018
Charlotte overall has a tough job market. Very competitive and cutthroat. I worked for a vendor at CHS and it is a tough atmosphere to work in. No one seems to be on the same page.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Stressful work environment
Helped me to be the greater person I am today.
Health Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 29, 2018
A typical day would be steady, having a opportunity to have a bathroom and lunch break. There was a opportunity to go to school to continue education. ( I was a Secretary became a Nurse Aide).
There was no discrimination of race for who they hired. The hardest part about the job was having to leave. The enjoyable part was been able to help patients and your follower employers, working together to make the dream work.
Pros
Having free lunches was great, when there was days couldn't get lunch.
Cons
No breaks
A productive work day includes
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 25, 2018
Stocking supplies, setting up supply for specific procedures, running errands and transporting machinery. I've learned to work with a team, which has created wonderful skills that I am certain will come in handy in the future. Management is excellent. Manager works with schedules. The work was pretty easy. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a team to get the job done.
dynamic and collaborative place to work
Registered Nurse III - (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 18, 2018
A typical day is one in which I care for very sick patients under an excellent leadership team with a fair and honest work culture that values work life balance.
staff is over worked and underpaid. employees are not appreciated for how hard they work or sacrifices they make for the job.
Venipucture Tech I (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 18, 2018
I was inspired and excited to start a career here. Once in my position i quickly learned the down side of CMC main, this may be just a location issue. I have worked at CHS Union and my experience was much better there. Over all i was proud to wear my badge and loved my job. I think its a good place to advance and maybe full time employees are valued more. This is a high volume center so working here can be stressful and sometimes hard. I pushed myself to meet the workflow and advance above it. I worked full time hours under PRN so there was no stability in my job. I relocated to a different state so i had to commute. I worked to hard I risked my life daily driving home from exhaustion, i tried transferring for months it never went through for me. I am currently in a tough situation because i was terminated by attendance points i gained during my present pregnancy due to sickness. I have not been able to provide for myself or my child since then with a new born on the way. I feel there is/was no care for employees with or in similar situations that happen out of their control. I have even been denied Unemployment insurance while searching for a new job to sustain my household, for the hard work i put into my job this is disheartening.
Work place
EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 13, 2018
Overall just a great place to work, the atmosphere is amazing the opportunity is around every corner. You can go as far as you want to go in the health care system.
Productive and a fun place to work with lots of advancement
CMA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 12, 2018
When I worked for CMC, I met some of the most nicest people, who truly had a love for there patients. I learned so much, while I was there. Great place
Pros
discounts
Cons
30 min breaks
Registered Nurse
Liaison between patients (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 10, 2018
Registered Nurse in NSICU, nightshift weekender. I have learned how to take care of the critically ill neurosurgical patient. I have learned to respond quickly to emergency situations. I have learned that team work is a great quality to have on a unit. The hardest part of the job is being with the patient's family and friends who have just heard devastating news regarding their loved one. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things and working alongside great providers and teammates.
I have enjoyed working in different units and facilities but regardless of department we are always understaffed.
Registered Nurse I - CT Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 8, 2018
Not a bad place to work but constantly understaffed and underpaid.
The units are consistently understaffed, which makes acute care difficult and sometimes unsafe. Co-workers are collaborative and helpful. Working on the weekends is sometimes difficult with limited resources.
Productive, fast paced
RN (Former Employee) –  Center, NEJanuary 6, 2018
Patient care is certainly a pro.
Salary is low for such a large corporation (CHS)
12 hour shifts are exhausting
Communication is poor and could be improved
Pros
patient care
Cons
communication
Great hospital
Na1/Skin tech (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 6, 2018
I loved Carolinas hospital a great place... pay could’ve been better but overall great place if you get in stay in! My manager was great i could talk to her and she did get rid of the bad apples
Pros
Great floor to work on
Cons
Better pay.. free lunch for all employees
great
Freelance Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 5, 2018
great pay but not enough hours to make ends meat. I would get about two interpreting jobs a week . Each job was about 3 hours. which meant i would only work 6 hours in a week. it was not enough . this was a temporary self employeed type of job
Pros
great pay, self contracted
Cons
not enough hours
This job was dealing with people health
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 1, 2018
Health care profession fast pace environment working as a team. to take care of the sick the hard part was to no some one was not going to get well, the most enjoyable part was to no someone that was sick was going to be able to get well, I learned the next day is not promise to any one.
CMC Rocks !!
Medication Reconciliation Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 1, 2018
CMC is a great company to work for. I love that is so diverse and room to grow. This company truly looks out for their employees and best interest for the company .
Not fair pay
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 29, 2017
Great place to work except the pay RNs really poorly.

I learned a lot during my training and the management on the unit I work on is really supportive.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
salary
poductive work place
Resident in General Practice Residency Program (Former Employee) –  CMC mainDecember 26, 2017
Helpful colleagues, most of the days are relaxing whereas other are stressful. You get to learn new things every day. New challenges at the workplace makes you more stronger and improves your skill.
Fun place to work and friendly staff.
Chaplain Resident/Staff Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCDecember 18, 2017
Provide spiritual and emotional support for patients and their families. Work with the health care treatment team to ensure that patients’ spiritual and emotional needs were met. Plan and implement various worship experiences from patients, visitors, and staff personal. Respond and assist in crisis situation. Provide spiritual counseling, consultation, and guidance for patients, patients’ family members, and hospital staff. Serve as member of the Northeast Medical Center Ethics Committee. Assist the interdisciplinary team with coming up with solutions for patients and their families. Participate in various pastoral educational activities to improve pastoral provider skills.
Teamwork
Full-time CNL (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 16, 2017
The unit I work on is equipped with very strong workers and team players who care very much about the patients and each other. Management is always available and very supportive of advancement within or outside of CHS.
Stable place to work
Antimicrobial Support Network, Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 10, 2017
This is a good company to work for, the size of the company makes advancement and career development a challenge. Management care a lot about the patients