Carolinas Medical Center

Carolinas Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

Productivity of a typical day
Manager Ambulatory Services (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Multiple Clinics in one space
Cons: Multiple Clinics in one space
As a Ambulatory Service Manager, I am involved in daily operations of a Transplant, Center of Liver Diseases, Digestive Disease, and ID Consultants.
how to handle things around there
sterile processing (Former Employee), Charoltte NCMarch 23, 2015
great people to be with but don't now how to handle problems when happening. how to handle people that are high level. put the dirty equipment to sterile processing and taking the clean up to be used.
great work place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 19, 2015
i started out there in 2004 as a new grad. I learned so much from so many great people. I wouldn't be the nurse i am today with my stepping stone at CMC
made me want to go back to school to further my education
patient services representative (Former Employee), Charlotte NCMarch 6, 2015
It enhanced my customer service skills and my co workers were awesome. The management was lacking in some areas in my opinion but i loved the patients that i served.
Friendly workplace
RN I (Former Employee), Charlotte, NC-USAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: friendly management
Cons: long hours
I thoroughly enjoyed my work experience at Carolinas Medical Center. Work days were busy but staff and management were always supportive of my work. The hardest part were the long hours but connecting with and helping patients made it worthwhile.
People management and patient care
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee), Concord, NCFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day at work is comprised of overseeing 12 people (10 RNs and 2 NAs) in the daily care and preparation of patients in the pre-op holding area. Interpersonal communication skills constantly being honed, with RNs, surgeons, anesthesiologists, patients, and their family members, etc.

I have learned to be thick-skinned, cool-headed under pressure, and patient with new processes.

My manager leaves many of the daily decisions up to myself and my peer leader in the PACU. My manager is supportive of my decisions for the most part and desires me to continue to grow in leading people.

My co-workers are all experienced RNs from a variety of backgrounds and tech me things every day I'm at work.

The hardest part of the job is being an ear for every one of my RNs and to remain objective when people bring complaints. The interpersonal part of the job, RN-to-RN, is the most challenging part of the job right now.

The most enjoyable part of the job is caring for our pre-op customers, and seeing that they're well cared-for by my RNs. Being at the bedside is still the best part of the job.
Working with CMC was such a pleasure.
Anesthesia Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 28, 2015
Everyone at this facility I ran into was so kind and happy. I never thought there could be so many happy people in one place. I loved every second working in this hospital.
Great place to work.
R&D Laboratory consultant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 19, 2015
Worked here on and off since 2013. I work with some really smart people which makes the da go by very fast. Enjoy the work and conversation!
Wonderful Place to Work
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: helped patients everyday. busy work enviroment
Performed venipunctures and skin punctures to obtain a blood sample for laboratory testing.
Prepared and organized of patient specimens for testing.
Collected urine drug screen specimens.
Delivered blood samples to various departments as required.
Handled venipuncture, electrocardiogram, urine analysis, blood testing, centrifuging autoclaving.
Carefully followed all safety procedures during phlebotomy work.
Handled phone calls from patients and doctors for scheduling appointments.
Performed laboratory computer operations.
Great Learning Experience
Carolinas Medical Center Research Intern (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 13, 2015
I was able to learn multiple skills that will help me in my future.
Fun place to work
Catering Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 5, 2014
I love working for this company cause they love their employess and we get to meet new people and provide the patients meals three times a day. I have learned to treat people with respect and keep them happy and the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my patients smile.
Great community based healthcare system
Research Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2014
Well established community based healthcare system in rapidly growing community.
This was a nice environment to work in
Customer Service Rep/Dispatch (Former Employee), Charlotte NCNovember 3, 2014
This job was always very chill and relaxing I helped escort patients to and from their destination while in the hospital, they were all very nice people.
Productive interesting workplace
Clinical Lab Asst/Charge Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: frequent managerial staff changes
A typical day at work consisted of centerfuging blood samples for various laboratory departments and ensuring that deadlines were met. What I have learned from this experience is communication is key. Management was always changing and challenges often arose. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the frequent managerial changes. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning where the different samples were to be re-directed within the lab.
Healthcare Status Quo
Radiopharmacist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: good staff
Cons: administration heavy
the healthcare syste has bought into the federal healthcare initiatives and strives for financial solvency.
Exciting public interaction
Release of Information Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 29, 2014
Pros: interacting with customers
Cons: no co-workers
A typical day consist of releasing medical records to customers for personal use or to other healthcare facilities, doctors' offices, police departments, or the court system. I've learned to be more patient with customers who speak other languages. I listen and try to decipher exactly what they need and help them in any way I can. The management style is relaxed as long as people do what is required of them. For the past 4 years, I've worked with the greatest co-workers in the world. There were only 3 of us in this office, so we have become family. About 3 months ago, my co-workers were assigned to a new location and I work alone now. The hardest part of my job is turning customers away if they do not have the proper documentation to obtain a family members' medical records. I really enjoy dealing with the customers.
Working at CMC
Patient Registration (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 24, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: working in a large over populated city
Working at Carolinas Medical Center has been very rewarding. I have learned much in my five years there and continue to reward myself with compassion and respect for my job. I work with great people and management. However, I look forward to moving back to my hometown.
I would prefer not to review
Surgical Critical Care Fellowship (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 22, 2014
A high quality cutting age environment. I am learning daily in my fellowship with some of the best intellectuals I have ever met. I enjoy the fast-pace environment.
first position as a Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 20, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: lots of deaths
Loved this hospital!!! Learned so much as a new nursing graduate. Started out on the trauma step-down unit and then advanced to trauma intensive care unit. Everyone worked as a team, had a great manager and all the equipment needed to take good care of the patients. Low patient to nurse ratios. The hardest part of this job was dealing with life and death everyday.
N/A
Special Events Volunteer (Former Employee), Concord, NCAugust 19, 2014
A great agency to volunteer for and to gain some experience in the health field.

1 2 3 4 5