Carolinas Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

very productive and fun place to work at.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 4, 2016
Working 12 hour shifts, I learned a lot about hospital processors. Having to see children and adults who had passed away and waiting to be taking to the morgue.
Pros
wonderful job
Cons
stupid supervisors
Great place for work and learning!
RNII-ED (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 27, 2016
Never a dull moment in a level I trauma center! Centrally located in Charlotte, NC, it provides an atmosphere where learning is continuous and expected from everyone including staff and residents. Work is enjoyable because staff gets along mostly in and out of work. A very close family type atmosphere.
great place to get nursing experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2016
enjoyed meeting new people.
monitoring of patients.
learning new healthcare procedures.
co-workers were okay.
work hard for the little pay you receive.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
pay, breaks
An elegant and nice place to work.
Medical Claims and Billing/Spanish Translator (Former Employee) –  Center, NCMarch 24, 2016
This hospital is amazing. They love their employees. They take care of them. They also go all the way for the patients including the latino community. This is one of the best places that I have been.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
Productive teams and work environment
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 7, 2016
Carolinas HealthCare as a great culture. The employees that work their geniunely care. However, the leadership is not the greatest. At CHS, you are rewarded based on your efforts. Overall, it is a good place to work.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Leadership
Not the best place to work
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMarch 4, 2016
Did not feel like I was compensated for the amount of work that was expected. Flexibility was not even considered. The physicians were not very nice to work with. Was excited to leave. Loved the patient's and helping them.
Technology Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 31, 2016
I worked here a technology analyst intern for UNC Charlotte.
They have great projects and they have ample funds to support those projects.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
distance
Great Hospital
registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 14, 2015
Outstanding trauma 1 hospital. Great patient to nurse ratio and good benefits. A good hospital for new graduate nurses and experienced nurses with lots of growth potential.
great benefits
EVS worker (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 12, 2015
Great place to work, team member's get along well. Managers do help. And I love it when I can get over time. the hardest part of my job is when the patients dies, I hate seeing love ones mourn over there lost, its so sad to see the family members pain.
Fast paced and fun place to work
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2015
Fun place and always moving and learning. The management was awesome! the co-workers were very professional and very kind. they were always willing to help any way they could.
Pros
free lunches, free tickets to a baseball game
Great company,
Supervisor Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 7, 2015
The hardest part of the job is work/life balance. Management team is great. Typical day does not include a big enough challenge for me. I love working in the emergency department and the fast pace that provides. Coworkers are good to work with. Very engaged team.
This was my first job as a new graduate, so i learned alot!
Ultrasound Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 4, 2015
This was my most difficult time in ultrasound because I was a new graduate. But I am very grateful to have worked here. I learned trauma care and how to scan transplant organs. I also learned about working with very diverse groups of people, and now I prefer this scenario. I am a perfectionist, so the hardest part of the job was having the patience to allow my learning curve to happen naturally and not rush myself and become frustrated when I made mistakes.
Pros
They have the best cafeteria I've ever seen in a hospital
Cons
It is a huge hosital and can be very intimidating to a new grad.
Too much overtime and not enough staff for the amount of work
Histotechnologist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 2, 2015
We never have enough staff for the amount of work that is needed to be done. As a result, people are working 10-12 hour days everyday.
Awesome for work experience.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 22, 2015
Carolina Medical Center was a volunteer experience where I perform housekeeping skills by serving dinner to the high risk maternity patience, putting supplies needed for nurses and doctors, and giving personal items to the patience.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No cons.
The largest healthcare system and level 1 trauma center in NC/SC
Registered Nurse-Neurosurgical Intensive Care (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 16, 2015
Grateful to work for such a large company that strives to provide the most up to date and evidence based care to all individuals regardless of the ability to pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to take care of critically ill patients and educate them and their families how to make positive changes in their health moving forward after discharge to avoid re-admissions and to prolong their life with good to excellent follow-up care and adherence to providers' plan of care.
Pros
work schedule flexibility and free parking
Cons
No meal discounts, expensive and not employee friendly health/dental insurance, no overtime, no extra incentives/float pay/holiday pay, etc. Short staffed consistently, no management/higher administration assistance, yearly bonus' and stock bonus' for higher mangement and board of directors, no cost of living increases
Great place to help others.
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 13, 2015
Carolinas Medical Center is a good hospital and a great place to learn how to care for others. The relationship you build with the patients makes it all worth it.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Not being able to help all the sick people.
good benefits
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  charlotte ncOctober 12, 2015
401k match, short term disability and life insurance are employer paid benefits. overtime usually available. patients progressing is the best part of the job. the hardest part of the job are the long hours most nurses are scheduled 7-7 but usually do not get to leave on time due to charting, unit meetings, report, etc
Pros
free lunch ticket on bday
Cons
nurses dont get real "lunch breaks"
Great co workers and great benefits
Environmental Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 6, 2015
Each and every day I come to work with the hopes of making my co workers and patients smile. On an average day I would thoroughly clean and sanitize about 30 patient rooms from front to back, top to bottom. While doing so I would put a big smile on my face in hopes to try and make each patient appreciate our hard work and maybe to help them feel better. One thing I learned id that no matter what is going on in our lives, once we start work each day it is all about our patients ans guests. We are here for them.
Pros
good incentives
Cons
short breaks
unit
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  CharlotteOctober 6, 2015
I was not employed with them long because I finished my education and obtained a job as as nurse. The unit worked well together with as a team. Very organized. Great incentives to work. Not as flexible with scheduling, as I was PRN. Showed appreciation for staff.
Pros
Great work environment where you feel appreciated
Cons
flexibility
Caring for adult patient with different ailments
Registered Nurse, Med/Surg (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCOctober 4, 2015
An energetic unit with varying ailments and diseases. worked with great people from all over the word. Great team work displayed and learned

4.2