CaroMont Health

CaroMont Health Employer Reviews

A very busy atmosphere.
ACCESS SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Gastonia North CarolinaMay 13, 2013
Pros: concentration on health of employees.
Cons: opportunities for advancement.
I work in the Emergency Room as a registrar. The department in which I work we have to work in a highly stressful area but manage to do so in a efficient manner that doesn't compromise patient care. I've learned to be patient and accept that the clinical staff are there to treat patients. My job is very important as well. We have to work together as – more... a team. – less
A decent job
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCFebruary 27, 2013
Its good job security and decent money, but unless you know the right people, you can pretty much forget any opportunity to move up.

Mona – May 17, 2013

Apparently I agree also in order to get hired you need to know the right people. Lord knows I have tried since the mid 80's. And I have a medical office background in many areas. Guess when you are fifty one becomes a liabilty... God has a place for me somewhere ...

Courier
Courier/Supply Distribution Tech (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCDecember 29, 2012
As a courier, I get to see a lot of people that I don't get to see while working in the hospital. I enjoy getting out of the hospital and taking care of our customers by delivering mail, linen, supplies, specimens, and medicines to whomever has ordered them.
Enjoyed working around patients.
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCNovember 15, 2012
Pros: insurance
Cons: not paid for sick time off
Enjoyed working with patients. Like to help cheer them up if I could. Like the fact that I took a part in their well being. Took pride in knowing that I was liked by my patients and that I possible made a positive difference in their stay while in the hospital.
Hard to get on initially
LPN (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCMarch 28, 2012
Caromont Health only hires children of their employees for clerical/administrative tasks and for other jobs menial jobs such as laundry, nutrition, etc . I tried to get on with them in a clerical position while completing school but after 400+ applications (from 2006-2011) and 0 responses I was getting fed up. Once I graduated as an LPN it was easy – more... for me to get on with the company through my colleges work placement program. I find it really annoying that children of current employees are treated so differently from others. Because of this I am seeking employment with another employer in the area, possibly Carolinas Medical Center or Novant Health. It is hard enough to find a job in the area in these tough times and I find their bias to be appalling. – less

Mona – December 25, 2012

Have interviewed twice in the last eighteen months, though seemingly after what seems like hundreds of online applicatiins, no luck. And I know several friends that work there. Oh well, will keep trying. I have twenty five plus years of clerical experience. Some of which includes medical insurance processing amd certification in medical terminology. Think at this point age is a factor. Won't give up as I will be an asset to their team.. if only they will give me a chance.

Reba – March 18, 2013

Getting even an interview seems impossible. Lots of applications but after several weeks you get a we did not choose you e mail. I think it is wrong to have to do applications on line and not have a chance to present yourself to a company

Easy going envirnoment
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCFebruary 29, 2012
Management good leaders, company works well towards goals.
Decent place to start out working!
Gastonia, NC (Former Employee), Medical AssistantNovember 4, 2011
Pros: drug reps brings lunch daily, free gym access at fitness center & hospital!
Cons: the pay is not the best, benefits are not good, management needs improvement.
I was with the company for a year and a half and learned a lot being that this was my first job in the medical field however I do not feel that the ability to advance within the company was much of a option. Working for Caromont has its ups and down like with any other company but you have to make it work for you!!