Caromont Employee Reviews

Family Practice
Triage Nurse (Current Employee) –  Belmont, CAApril 8, 2017
Good company to work for. Providers and staff are all helpful and caring. Patients are friendly and appreciative. Overall great experience with Caromont.
Love celebrating holidays,and dressing up and listening to the radio music while we work.
Food and Nutrition Assistant,Dining Hostess (Current Employee) –  Gastonia,north carolinia 28052April 5, 2017
Productive and fun workplace.love working for caromont,my dream job,God gave me this job.thank you jesus.we have good team work, we always fix things should we have a problem,like,misunderstandings,and our manager is a very understandable woman,.we always substitute different food products should we run out of one thing.everything seems to always work out when you got God in it. thank you for your time,and god bless you everyone.
Pros
Meals SHOULD be free as much food gets throwed away.
Cons
Not enough help, they need to hire some good people, to work in the cafeteria.
run while you can
Secertary (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMarch 9, 2017
Don't work here if you value your home life and family. They don't care about anything. Now if you are related to someone who is in management, you can do NO wrong and will get a job ASAP. Other than that they are horrible to work for and management is poor. They have no idea as what to do in a situation and make up the rules as they go. Don't apply! Run!
Pros
Cons
preferential treatment, low pay, long hours, no appeeciation
Cma
CMA (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCDecember 24, 2016
performed triage and roomed patients. We were short staffed all the time which created a lot of stress. My coworkers were great and management tried to take care of issues, but couldn't sometimes due to the providers being so cheap. They worried more about their bottom line than patient care.
Pros
no micromanaging
Cons
short staffed
Most enjoyable part of the day
Certified Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCSeptember 30, 2016
The patients, doctors, nurses,& staff at the facility. It was wonderful to work at an Outreach facility and get to know the patients on a personal level.
Big turnover
Corporate Compliance/Corporate coding Auditor (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCSeptember 20, 2016
Big turnover, management has seen a major shift in the past years maybe partly due to the new changes in healthcare but still not a family value driven environment.
Encouraging Staff and Healthy Environment
CNA II - Certified Nursing Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJune 16, 2016
Being a person who loves to learn, I am constantly looking for something new to expand on to help me down the road. There is not a day that goes by that I do not leave my shift without learning something new from the people I encounter. Staff members are always encouraging and foster growth in knowledge on the job and through advancement programs (nursing schools). Being a nursing student, it is always helpful to have mindful co-workers who point out things that I am learning in school for me to see hands-on. They care about the success of those of us in school and go out of their way on the job to ensure we see everything in real life that will help us understand what we are reading in our textbooks.
Poor training
Follow-up Representative (Former Employee) –  Belmont, NCMay 18, 2016
I came in the middle of a major computer changeover., Sat with 2 staff members for a few days. Then was put in my own cubicle. There were detailed duties involving closing out certain accounts that I was never trained to do, thus at the end of a very short time, caused me to have a folder full of accounts just sitting collecting dust. Manager was out of the office more than she was in. I was expected to perform at 100% after what I consider a very short time of poor training...I was reprimanded a short time later on poor job performance. I was truly disappointed in the overall training and lack of concern over my circumstances, especially given the fact a major computer software changeover (across the entire hospital system) was being enacted. I honestly did enjoy the job, but given the unique time I was brought in, I feel it was not my time to remain there. Rather then stay and end up being 'written up'...which was a given, I left.
Pros
Close commute, small office
Cons
Poor training, poor management.
Typical Day
Manager (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day is one in which I work long hours, usually eat at my desk so I can continue working, and leave knowing that I will come in the next day with more to do. The hardest part of my job is trying to standardize anything, having to email my boss on everything I do, managing individuals who do not take ownership in their job and outcomes and working with co-workers who do not know how to communicate.
Pros
Free Gym
Cons
No Standardization
Does not have room for job advancement
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCOctober 16, 2015
The management will believe liars over people who have work for them for many years. They lose the good employees and keep the bad employees.
A structured yet relaxed environment
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJuly 24, 2015
I enjoyed both positions while at Caromont Health. Working in the medical records department was the perfect environment for not only working as a team, but also working independently. While working in that department, I realized that no job is irrelevant in any work, especially healthcare. When most people think about healthcare, employees with clinical experience comes to mind first and foremost, which is understandable. However, working in medical records gave me the opportunity to contribute to a patient's care and diagnosis from behind the scenes while still directly communicating with physicians, nurses, physician's offices, other hospitals, as well as patients and family members after discharge. I worked a later shift and on weekends, so contact with supervisors was very limited, which could be frustrating at times, but that enabled me to take more responsibility, holding myself accountable for my time, quality of work, and in many cases, practice resourcefulness. The hardest thing about the job was, being in a hospital environment, the mandatory holidays, as well as the possibility of mandatory shut-ins during severe weather in order to assure all departments would be staffed. This is, of course, necessary, and part of the commitment in healthcare, which ultimately brings employees closer together because it shows that "we're all in this together." The other position as a registration clerk in the emergency room was also a very independent position and required direct contact with the public usually in their worst experiences. I learned a lot in the approximately  more... seven years total I was a registration clerk. The main thing being that no matter how bad you're day is going at, you have to be your best. You will encounter people that feel worse, who are hurting, scared, upset or angry, who didn't plan on being there that day, whereas you did. The very best part of that job was being able to make any kind of positive difference in their visit, whether it's taking a minute to listen, getting them a blanket, or helping them connect with a family member, This job brought its share of stress with it. It could be difficult to get accurate information from someone who refused to give it and also with those who were unable to give it. Everyday would prove different with different people, with different illnesses who present with all different kinds of emotions and circumstances. It did feel rewarding at the end of the day though, knowing that I may had made a difference, no matter how small.  less
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Mandatory weekends and holidays
In need of management overhaul
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gastonia HospitalMay 27, 2015
Coworkers are great and pay is comparable to surrounding hospitals. Management is unstable and does not show value of employees. There's a constant repeat of "it's not in the budget" when asking for new staff, supplies, ect. However, the budget allows for a private cafeteria with free food for physicians, extreme bonuses for upper level mgmt, and numerous other perks.
Moving or transferring into a better position occurs under the "it's who you know" route rather than having experience, knowledge, and skill.
Pros
coworkers and pay
Cons
unstable and untrustworthy management
Not for Profit Healthcare - hard, and not best pay, but rewarding
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMay 18, 2015
The organization is a great community healthcare organization with a great mission and involvement.
Pay in not-for-profit healthcare is slightly less than found in for-profit healthcare.
Workloads tend to be high.
Managers are not well trained to manage, and there is a lot of inconsistency. Some are great to work for, some are difficult-to-terrible to work for - even at the VP level.
There's a high sense of community in the workplace. Everyone knows everyone and tend to treat each other as people.
Pros
Sense of community, involvement in community
Cons
Management, pay
loved the people I worked with
CMA (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMay 12, 2015
Loved working with the staff and the patients. The pays is terrible and the benefits could use some help as well. Company does listen to ideas from employees and rewards employees for job well done.
Health Administration Intern
Health Administration Intern (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMarch 22, 2015
Interning for CaroMont Health was a privilege. I learned an unimaginable amount of skills and it was an amazing experience. I started off calling physician referrals for CaroMont's QuitSmart Tobacco Cessation Program. The next thing I knew I was producing a Needs Assessment Report Analysis for the Gaston County Sheriff’s Department, assisting a healthy living class at Bethlehem West Church, producing a Needs Assessment Report Analysis for “Wholy Well” Program at Bethlehem West Church, conducting blood pressure checks at the Gaston County Senior Center Health Fair, producing an employee wellness exercise challenge, producing needs assessment surveys and program spreadsheets, conducting BMI checks for CaroMont employees and Bethlehem West Church members, producing a marketing flyer for upcoming marathon races in Charlotte, ect. My preceptors were very kind and helpful. I couldn't have asked for a better place for my first internship experience.
Pros
great experience, great people
Cons
unpaid
Great team enviroment to work in.
QC Imaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCNovember 19, 2014
I have now taken on some new rolls in the department which were done by the assistant manager. I feel confident in the fact I was given these task, they can be a challenge but I always have the support of my co workers and managers. I find the day rewarding when I have finished a challenging task successfully.
New management poor
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCOctober 12, 2014
Terribly understaffed. unsafe for residents. Management unqualified for job. Residents neglected because care givers have 20-30 patients.
Pros
Cons
everything
good place to work
CNA2 (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCOctober 9, 2014
it was a fair place to work some times too demanding but fair it goes thru to many changes with the hospital rules and regulations but people get by
Pros
good co workers
Cons
to short of breaks
We took long walks ate lots of ice cream and gained a few extra pounds
Cook /Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas NCSeptember 30, 2014
If I could give back as much as I get working,such joy to help others. Its where I belong with the patient. Just have that one on one back, To reassure them its OK and I'm not going to hurt them but help them to have a healthier life. A prolonged life
Pros
Love animals
Cons
seeing the animals that have been abused or neglected
Very busy and fast paced but productive.
Unit Secretary/Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJuly 11, 2014
My typical day at work would be very busy, and fast paced. I have learned to be patient with people.Management was good. My co- workers and I were a team. The hardest part of the job was leaving the patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was returning the next day and giving remarkable service.
Pros
I am always looking for growth.
Cons
The con for me was working 12 - 16 hrs shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caromont. Our community is ready to answer.