Caron Treatment Center Employee Reviews

Terible
PT Dining Room/ Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Robesonia, PAApril 18, 2017
Do not work at this company of you don't have any experience in the Kitchen. The only thing that is terrible is the Kitchen, where i worked. Not sure about the CNAs
Poor management/stressful work enviornment
Addiction Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Wernersville, PAApril 3, 2017
Loved the job itself- my co-workers, the patients and their families. I felt I really made a difference in their lives. Resources are there to provide creative solutions. Management was terrible and didn't care about the patients but just making money. There are some great supervisors however many avoid contact with the patients and can't be found to actually help out with patient issues. Staff are treated poorly by management unless you are a " good ole boy". Staff with direct patient contact are overworked consistently and asked to meet standards that are impossible. You can expect to be worked hard and taken for granted. Its a shame as there are so many talented people who work there and who have already left Caron due to poor management/politics. Politics are a major part of this organization and if you are not a "yes man" you will not advance. Rules don't apply to everyone at this organization as there are favorites and those who "can what they want to". I learned what I don't want in a work environment while working here. Stressful work environment and a poor work/home life balance. There are many other quality organizations to work for to make a difference I would advise to pick one of them as you will regret working for Caron. I am happily moving forward and writing off my time there as a closed chapter in life experience.
Pros
making a difference, great benefits, large company
Cons
poor managers, not enough focus on the patients, overworked consistently, poor balance between work and home life
Great work experience with one of the best in the industry.
Counselor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wernersville, PAOctober 7, 2016
I worked 2nd shift 3pm to 11pm Tuesday through Saturday. My job consisted of making sure the patients were taken care of, services provided on a timely basis, support clinical staff by observing and documenting patient behavior as well as providing educational lectures to the community.

I worked with exceptional coworkers, very dedicated and passionate about helping others.

The hardest part of my job was seeing patients that just didn't get it and were inevitably going back to their environment to use substances again.

The best part of my job was seeing when a patient got it and seeing the change in their lives.
Pros
Free Dining, Overtime, consistent training
Cons
stressful environmnent
Terrible
Office Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Wernersville, PAOctober 2, 2016
The managers promise to help you grow in the company but instead they are to busy gossiping about employees or trying to get people fired. Favoritism is a big thing at Caron. So happy I do not work there.
Pros
I met some dedicated workers but they also left due to favoritism.
Cons
To many to list and pay terrible.
Don't be fooled
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJuly 10, 2016
I at first, loved my position. I made some lifelong friends with employees, but that is because we couldn't trust anyone else. The management is subpar and plays favorites with employees. Staff that has seniority has no problem blaming you for their mistake. Most of the staff is extremely difficult to work with. You aren't paid enough to deal with anxiety and stress this company has to offer.
Pros
Evening hours
Cons
Everything else
Excellent Treatment Facility
Director of Medical Records/HIPAA Privacy Officer (Current Employee) –  Wernersville, PAJune 10, 2016
Caron Treatment Centers mission is to provide the best treatment. We transform lives impacted by addiction and substance abuse through proven, comprehensive and personalized behavioral healthcare solutions. We ease the pain of individuals and families by restoring health, hope, spirituality and relationships. I appreciate the high human quality of the Caron family and also how it fuels the passion and dedication of every Caron employee to excel in the services they provide. To see our patients leave with a sense of hope to move forward to a clean and sober life makes me happy.
Pros
Dedicated Caron family...everyone works together
Experienced Manager
Sr. Corporate Purchaser and Contracts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAMarch 24, 2016
I'm an experienced manager with many years of experience in a few industries. I have managed two departments in my time at Caron, I was performing exceptional in Purchasing position that I was asked to take over the Contracts department as well.
Remarkable organization on all levels
Director of Caron Florida Recovery Residences (Former Employee) –  Wernersville, PAFebruary 15, 2016
Caron's programs and leadership is second to none. I was able to work for an organization with a diverse continuum of care and exceptional leadership. A first class organization all the way.
Pros
The most supportive organization I've worked for.
Cons
The only con at Caron was the organization lay offs when my position as a fundraiser was eliminated.
Poor Management, Horrible pay,
current employee (Current Employee) –  Wernersville, PADecember 22, 2015
Don't be fooled by the Caron propaganda machine. There is a reason senators in Harrisburg are looking into rehab facilities. If you are not part of the good ole boy network your sunk. Lousy management personal, certain employees have a me first attitude and to heck with the patients. They push the patients for extended stays to get more money out of them and all the while they hide behind their non-profit status while raking in huge salaries and bonuses. The atmosphere in this place is toxic at best. As a current employee I would never tell any family members or friends to go to Caron. Trust me there are better rehab facilities out there.
Pros
Cons
not enough time to explain this place
High Visibility in Substance Abuse Field
Director of Special Projects (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2015
Caron Treament Centers has been in existence since 1950's. Traditionally provide good treatment but refuse to accept insurance. High turnover employee rate. Can work for as many as 13 supervisors in one year. Unpredictable work environment due to constant managerial changes.
Pros
Visibility in field
Cons
Unpredictable work environment
Ridiculous expectations
RN (Former Employee) –  Wernersville, PAJuly 5, 2015
Nursing staff are not respected, either as individuals or as professionals. Medical unit obviously not a priority; sicker patients are being admitted and new units are added with no increase in staff--existing staff is just shuffled around and spread thinner and thinner. DON doesn't know what the nurses and CMAs do, as she couldn't be bothered to come out of her office to find out (let alone actually help). Training was poor, a lot of time was wasted documenting the same info in 10 different places, and we were constantly given conflicting instructions and information. The rules were arbitrary and favoritism was the norm. I could go on, but you get the idea. It's a shame, because the work itself was enjoyable and gratifying, and many of my coworkers were wonderful--it was poor management that made it unbearable.
Pros
Good benefits, great coworkers
Cons
Inadequate staffing, unrealistic expectations, abysmal management
Good company, some good departments.
Call Center (Current Employee) –  Wernersville, PAApril 26, 2015
Caron is a wonderful company to work for. If you have a college degree, you will have plenty of opportunity for growth within. If not, not so much...you will always get passed over...even if you have YEARS AND YEARS of experience. The other plus is since it's a rehab, if you are in recovery, you will also get more opportunity than someone NOT in recovery. Benefits are average to above average. Bonuses are annual in the summer and a small Christmas bonus as well.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, co-workers, the job itself.
Cons
Many managers shouldn't be managers. Very rigid with policies and constantly changing policies.
Rewarding experience when patients were discharged
Admissions Associate (Former Employee) –  Wernersville, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Enjoyed my time at Caron, learned much, great coworkers but company required working holidays and week ends. Caron has an excellent reutation for working with addiction that is well deserved. Very rewarding to see our patients leave clean and sober. Caron also had a great follow up system in place for our patients if they felt "stuck" or relapsed during their recovery
Pros
Great Staff, good benefits
Cons
week end and holiday work
Excellent
PCB Certified Counselors Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wernersville, PANovember 26, 2014
They Really care about their employees. Bonuses and much more. free lunches . great maNAGERS
Productive Rewarding
Counselor Assistant- Monitor and assist patients (Former Employee) –  Wernersville, PAOctober 8, 2014
This job allowed me to be of service to others. This is a good company to work for.
Pros
Free Meals, good pay, great benifits
Registered PRN Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wernersville, PAJuly 11, 2014
Enjoy working with this team/clients. Must be able to set healthy boundaries but very rewarding being a part of the life-changing experience.
Very fast paced
Certified Medical Assistant/Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Wernersville, PAMarch 12, 2014
The job was demanding, and I enjoyed that, I also was able to use my skills there, however, I had to use my own car to travel around the campus.
Pros
use of skills
Cons
wear and tear on my vehicle
rewarding and fun place to grow and work
Lead Addictions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Wernersville, PAFebruary 9, 2014
This is easily the best place I've worked at!!! They provide clinical supervision, training, and plenty of opportunity to hone clinical skills
Very well established and great reputation
Research Assistant/ Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wernersville, PANovember 5, 2013
Great place for advancement, as I worked there for seven years ad averaged about a dollar raise per wear. There benefits are phenomenal. You start out with 18 PTO and your benefits start the day you start. After 5 years, you get 23 days (PTO). This is also how I was able to get a degree while working full time. As long as you maintained an A/B average they paid your full ride and the degree is from a very reputable college in the area. They also practice what they preach and treat their employees very well. It is also a beautiful place to work. Magic mountain really is amazing and a very special place to work.
Pros
Felt like I was really doing something to make a difference in someone else's life
Cons
Politics
Positive work environment with a focus on employee wellness.
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Wernersville, PAApril 24, 2013
Positive work environment with a focus on employee wellness.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caron Treatment Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9