Carondelet Health Network

Carondelet Health Network Employee Reviews

Love this job
PBX Operator - Communications (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: co-workers are wonderful people to work with.
Cons: benefits and direct managment are lacking.
The job and my co-workers are both great. However, the direct management and benefits are lacking.

I really enjoy interacting with various people on a daily basis. We have great teamwork within our department and being able to work with amazing people makes the job a bit less stressful.
Pleasant coworkers, management
Biling and Follow-up Representative (Current Employee), Tucsonm AzOctober 8, 2014
Pros: alot of potlucks to socialize with coworkers and management.
Cons: alot of lay offs
Very busy work enviroment, alot of overtime, good communication with management. Pleasant work enviroment.
accounting job
CLERK IV/ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: good mentors
Cons: pay very little money
very focus skill. good with numbers and multitasking. I learned how to work with health insurance and post part of the accounting process
Supportive staff
Registered Nurse, Expert Level, Emergency Center (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 14, 2014
Pros: supportive staff
Cons: management is non-suportive of nursing staff
Great supportive staff in emergency room; fast paced, diverse patient population, numerous yearly CE requirements/unit education
Excellent Helpdesk people
Material Handler (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 18, 2014
Based on contractual work, make sure you seek long term contracts and provided training before you sign up with this company.
Nice Coworkers, but not a great place to work.
PATIENT ACCESS REGISTRATION REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 27, 2013
Poorly paid for doing the work of 4 different individuals. Very short staffed, and job is very demanding. Unable to take vacation days to not having anyone else to cover, no regard for family life. Slave Drivers!
good pay bad management, risk your license
Cardiac Telemetry Medical Surgical (Current Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 12, 2013
Cons: terrible health care benefits
6:1 patient ratio on Cardiac unit with high acuity patients. Managers do not help. Nurses are great and tech too but they burn out very quickly
Senior HR Coordinator, Employee Relations (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 18, 2013
Pros: great culture
Recommend Carondelet as a great place to work,
If it was not for needing to relocate I would not be leaving
GREAT PLACE
Senior/ Lead Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 8, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: hospital work is hard.
I worked with some of the best people I have ever met at this place. The environment was good and benefits were even better. Like any place of employment there were management issues, but nothing extraordinary.
Productive and educational work environment
Security Officer (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJune 24, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: micro managed. management heavy company
- Hospital patrols, Monitor surveillance video, overall hospital safety and security
-Teamwork Essential for a safe and productive work place
-Management heavy
-No chance for advancement
-People..co-workers and clients and visitors
Great place to work. Fast paced.
CT Technologist (Former Employee), Tucson, AZApril 29, 2013
Pros: faith based hospital. cafeteria open at night. good pay.
Cons: staffing at times
I was the supervisor for the 2nd and 3rd shifts. This was a level 2 trauma hospital located downtown. A very busy place. We constantly had to think on our feet. I learned to scan heads and abdomens in the lateral position.
The management was trying to be supportive. The techs worked together as team. My co-workers were great.
The hardest part of the job was the language barrier with the Indian nation and scanning patients in various positions and then making the scans look nice. This hospital received the first Toshiba 64 slice in Tucson. The most enjoyable part of my job was training techs and sharing my passion on the 64 and watching their faces light up as we did different things.
Unhappy
Supply Chain Coordinator (Former Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 21, 2012
The co-workers were pleasant; however, rapid turnover in management and executive leadership following purchase by Ascension Health created stress and tension regarding job loss. Wages stagnant, underpaid staff working long hours.Healthcare benefits less than expected from a healthcare organization.
Did not enjoy working in this facility.
Lead Vascular Technologist (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 12, 2012
Work shift changed all the time. Schedules were set up for a month in advance, Employees called in so often that your schedule changed almost daily. The employees were very unhappy and management didn't seem to notice. The hardest part of the job was the general unhappiness of everyone. The doctors were very informative and helpful. The compenstion was excellent.
Intresting
Patient Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 27, 2012
I enjoyed working in the ER Dept. Learned something new everyday. Made me want to be apart of the clinical team.
see below
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 22, 2012
Pros: there are no pros
Cons: jumping to rash conclusions
was terminated after 28+ years by someone who had a vendetta on me. the most recent claim was falsified and was not given the opportunity to rectify the end results. granted, their were written warnings in my personal file, but the most recent one was indeed false. believe my source will verify

October 21, 2012

I had the same experience. Claim against me false, nothing done by HR.

July 14, 2013

I also was terminated due to a false claim. Further, they don't apply rules and regulations to all. Seems like managers, directors, etc. can get away with anything without consequences, but the rank and file get slammed.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 11, 2012
Patients could be grumpy (not feeling well), always very busy, different tasks every day