Carondelet Health Network Employee Reviews

Excellent
Patient Access Registration Representative II (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 9, 2017
Excellent company to work for.
Managers and Supervisors with open door policy. Value their employees.
Worked in all areas of Admitting - Radiology, ER, Out Pt, In Pt, Heart and Vascular Imging, and Surgery.
Being short staffed was hard. I sometimes was in 2 to 3 departements in a single day.
Aquired vast knowledge of ins and billing. ICD 10 codes and CPT codes.
Always enjoyed making my patients smile and or helping them solve a problem.
Pros
Excellent teamwork
at times no team work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  1000 Carondelet Dr KC MOJuly 21, 2016
I was float pool for 8 yrs and really enjoyed it. Worked between both hospitals, St Marys and St Joseph. I needed benefits so I took a job in the ER at St Joseph. The ER can be very entertaining and challenging.
Pros
big enough hospital that you get a good variety
Cons
often worked short and didn't get a lunch or break
Enjoyed going to work and work hard all day
Radiology Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 12, 2016
My coworkers here were such a blessing and wonderful. I learned a lot here with Meditech and Cerner. The manager was very compassionate and understanding the hard demands of the job. The hardest part of this job was to get patients in asap, however machines would break or referrals didnt match up and we would have to cancel or r/s.
Pros
On space, great people, disc. on a lot of things
Cons
No time for breaks
Great Instruction and caring bosses
Internship (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 28, 2016
On a typical day I would get my instruction for the day along with a short meeting and Shadow my co-worker. He would show me how to work on the each machine with precise detail. I enjoyed it very much when i was giving a piece of equipment to work on myself. The hardest and most challenging part would be the the time frame.
Now Tenet Health Care
SCHEDULING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85745February 22, 2016
As Carondelet Health Network, I enjoyed my time with the company and value the key business relationships I have built over my many years with the company. Great place to work!
I thought it would be a great place to work , but I was wrong!
sterile processing (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 2, 2015
I work hard at what I do , people that I work with don't believe, in working with orher people that are different from them in religion , and in color. But if you are different another way you are ,if you are not , or you are a person that stands up for your self , then there is a problem.
Pros
They have some good people there
Cons
I dont like when people are not a team player, and they don't have a have a open mind.
Fun and flexible company
MED RECONCILE & COORDINATION CPHT (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 9, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my position with Carondelet was that I got to interact with patient at a different level and was able to provide more than just dispensing medication.
Pros
Free educational seminars
Cons
Transitional care Program ending
N/a
Followup Rep (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 3, 2015
Good employer to work for. They care about their employees. The people are friendly and I would love a chance to work there again. I would definitely recommend this employer.
Love this job
PBX Operator - Communications (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 12, 2015
The job and my co-workers are both great. However, the direct management and benefits are lacking.

I really enjoy interacting with various people on a daily basis. We have great teamwork within our department and being able to work with amazing people makes the job a bit less stressful.
Pros
Co-workers are wonderful people to work with.
Cons
Benefits and direct managment are lacking.
Pleasant coworkers, management
Biling and Follow-up Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucsonm AzOctober 8, 2014
Very busy work enviroment, alot of overtime, good communication with management. Pleasant work enviroment.
Pros
Alot of potlucks to socialize with coworkers and management.
Cons
alot of lay offs
accounting job
CLERK IV/ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 23, 2014
very focus skill. good with numbers and multitasking. I learned how to work with health insurance and post part of the accounting process
Pros
good mentors
Cons
pay very little money
Supportive staff
Registered Nurse, Expert Level, Emergency Center (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 14, 2014
Great supportive staff in emergency room; fast paced, diverse patient population, numerous yearly CE requirements/unit education
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
management is non-suportive of nursing staff
Excellent Helpdesk people
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 18, 2014
Based on contractual work, make sure you seek long term contracts and provided training before you sign up with this company.
Nice Coworkers, but not a great place to work.
PATIENT ACCESS REGISTRATION REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 27, 2013
Poorly paid for doing the work of 4 different individuals. Very short staffed, and job is very demanding. Unable to take vacation days to not having anyone else to cover, no regard for family life. Slave Drivers!
good pay bad management, risk your license
Cardiac Telemetry Medical Surgical (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 12, 2013
6:1 patient ratio on Cardiac unit with high acuity patients. Managers do not help. Nurses are great and tech too but they burn out very quickly
Cons
terrible health care benefits
Senior HR Coordinator, Employee Relations (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 18, 2013
Recommend Carondelet as a great place to work,
If it was not for needing to relocate I would not be leaving
Pros
great culture
Great place
Senior/ Lead Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 8, 2013
I worked with some of the best people I have ever met at this place. The environment was good and benefits were even better. Like any place of employment there were management issues, but nothing extraordinary.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Hospital work is hard.
Productive and educational work environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 24, 2013
- Hospital patrols, Monitor surveillance video, overall hospital safety and security
-Teamwork Essential for a safe and productive work place
-Management heavy
-No chance for advancement
-People..co-workers and clients and visitors
Pros
Good people
Cons
Micro Managed. Management heavy company
Great place to work. Fast paced.
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 29, 2013
I was the supervisor for the 2nd and 3rd shifts. This was a level 2 trauma hospital located downtown. A very busy place. We constantly had to think on our feet. I learned to scan heads and abdomens in the lateral position.
The management was trying to be supportive. The techs worked together as team. My co-workers were great.
The hardest part of the job was the language barrier with the Indian nation and scanning patients in various positions and then making the scans look nice. This hospital received the first Toshiba 64 slice in Tucson. The most enjoyable part of my job was training techs and sharing my passion on the 64 and watching their faces light up as we did different things.
Pros
Faith based hospital. Cafeteria open at night. Good pay.
Cons
Staffing at times
Unhappy
Supply Chain Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 21, 2012
The co-workers were pleasant; however, rapid turnover in management and executive leadership following purchase by Ascension Health created stress and tension regarding job loss. Wages stagnant, underpaid staff working long hours.Healthcare benefits less than expected from a healthcare organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carondelet Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9