Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital

Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital Employee Reviews

Money oriented facility
Charge Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 28, 2017
Patient safety is at the bottom of Tenets list as they cut staff in every department. Management does a great job at working with what they have but often have their hands tied by upper level leadership.
Pros
Great management and staff
Cons
Low pay
Decent
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 23, 2017
Lots of drama, its like high school but with a bunch of middle aged adults running around. Management doesn't do anything to resolve the issue. Only good thing is the schedule
Great staff and positive environment to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 7, 2017
Working as a PCT is a very demanding and fast-paced job, in order to succeed you must have good organization, but managers are great and supportive. All staff working in the Neurosciences department are great to work with and make busy, hard days much better. Develop good patterns to complete daily tasks and everyday although they are different will all be good.
Pros
Great staff and hours
Cons
short lunch break
rather not say
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 1, 2017
rather not say do to what i experienced with human resources. I did not have a good experience and it resulted in me having very high blood pressure and other issues. I did like the manger and thought she did what she could with what she had.
Supervision lie to you consistantly
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 30, 2017
when I was interviewing for the job,supervisors made so many promises that they never kept.Overworked and under payed.
You accumulate PTO quick because your not allowed to take any time off.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
low pay, terrible supervisors, not allowed to take time off
Great workplace culture
MSW Social Worker II (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 23, 2017
Good workplace culture and team atmosphere. Great leadership from case management director and others in administration. A typical day includes working with pt's from admission to discharge in attaining the needed resources for safely discharging either home or to a suitable living arrangement.
the most rewarding AND the most difficult parts of my job working with patients from all walks of life who are going through life-changing events.
Pros
Great workplace culture.
Cons
Lack of opportunities for advancement as a LMSW.
Great place with great coworkers
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 13, 2016
My time working for this company was very enjoyable. The work and the people around were great.The supervisors and managers are very understanding and work with you through certain situations. Do your best work and you will be fine
Loss of 21 Ct Techs in 2 years and Nurses also
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 1, 2016
Atrocious management, Too much Favoritism, Promises never kept, Some of my coworkers were very much enjoyable to work with, however I saw many leave as well- because not being happy with management. "Never seen anything like it " - Twenty one Ct technologists gone in 2 years as well as technical assistants, and they continue to leave as of 2016. Job security is uncertain, as your tossed around in different departments, because management is confused.
Pros
I miss some of my coworkers, they were enjoyable to work with
Cons
bad management, favoritism, promises not kept
Going down hill fast!!!
PCT/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 14, 2016
Majority of cardiac floor staff has left or in the process. PCTS often have 18 pt, some must act as both PCT and unit clerk. All to often Nurses do primary care with 6 patients due to lack of PCT staffing. Monitor Techs are being forced into roles outside their job because prn staff are given priority to shifts and get FT hours each week. Most nights over staffed with 2 prn staff (one being a nurse) scheduled with a core staff member. The core staff member is forced to do another job. The three core staff night monitor techs are applying to other hospitals due to very bad management. No one is happy. Lots of unsafe practices going on with patient monitoring. Travel RNs don't renew contracts. Rn's going to Banner or TMC because of how they are treated.
Pros
Benefits, requesting time off
Cons
Pay, Management, lack of patient safety, shifts
Not bad, i've seen better
Emergency Department Clinical Lead/Charge (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 13, 2016
Staff is and medical care are awesome. Waiting room visits last forever however the nursing staff is worth waiting for.
Pros
Staff
Great staff
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 9, 2015
The staff can make or break a job. In this case, about 90% of the staff was great to work with. Just like any other hospital there are great days and bad days
Fun workplace, Easy to learn and awesome co-workers
CT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 29, 2015
Supervisors were understanding and those with more experience answered any questions needed. Also respected patient privacy laws.
Good place to work.
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 4, 2014
Enjoyed my job and the learning opportunities. Left as spouse was transferred out of town to another state.
Great place to work with team support.
American Mobile Health Care Traveler RN (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 13, 2014
caring nurses. excellent care. My car was vandalized during my shift and received prompt support from security. Staffing was also supportive.
This is how I see it.
Radiographer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 3, 2014
St. Joe's has excellent staff you will love your co-workers. However the pay and schedule isn't the greatest.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Not too many raises
Carondelet is where I learned how to be a nurse and promoted to manager.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 20, 2013
Safety/grand rounds. (See St. Mary's)

I learned how to manage a 96-bed unit (three floors) with between 175-200 direct reports. I learned how to co-manage when additional managers were employed to assist with this large unit. I learned how to write variance reports and prepare for budget talks. I learned how to manage my time during annual reviews of employee performance.

Management was supportive and taught me how to be a manager in healthcare.

My co-workers were professionals committed to providing excellent patient care.

The hardest part of the job was maintaining productivity with such a large span of control.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning all the things I did for management in healthcare during my tenure with St. Joseph's.
Pros
Ability to advance my career, obtain a bachelor's degree, and grow up as a leader.
Cons
Too large a span of control for one manager, not alleviated with the addition of new managers.
St Joseph's Hospital
Administrative Assistant to CEO (Former Employee) –  Tucson AZApril 18, 2013
St. Joseph's Hospital was a good place to work as evidenced by my tenure there. They offered opportunities for advancement and had many long term employees They offered good compensation and did everything possible to take care of their employees.
Pros
job security and i loved what i did
Cons
corporate decision making
Miserable place to work
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 15, 2012
Understaffed, apathetic management. I learned that some things are just not worth it....Most of my co-workers were great, though...
Pros
you only have to work 5 days a week
Cons
understaffed...i hated that place!!!
A fast pace job with great co-workers.
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 8, 2012
A fast pace job with great co-workers. Hardest part of the job is the more difficult patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9