Carousel Industries Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Convergence Technician (Current Employee) –  Exeter, RISeptember 7, 2017
Carousel is great place to work at but like every company it has its downsides like being short of staff in my dept which is in the NOC and it takes a while to move on to what you really want to focus on. For example if takes a while to move out of the entry level position since workload is so heavy and you don't get to focus on what you really want to do.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally, great supervisors, 1 hours lunches, great team/co-workers
Cons
short staff, not enough co-workers to balance the workload
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandSeptember 7, 2017
Fast paced warehouse work. really good management team. Excellent team atmosphere, help was given whenever and by whoever needed. Close knit workforce. Enjoyed working there.
Great place to work and learn
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTAugust 1, 2017
Carousel Industries is a great place to work and you will certainly learn a lot from working here. There is room for growth, but the job is not for everyone that walks through the doors. The managers do their best to make "cold calling" a fun and interactive job.
Pros
Free lunches, constantly learning
Cons
Long work days
Friendly place to work but no management direction
Convergence specialist (Former Employee) –  Exeter, RIJuly 25, 2017
When I started it was a great place to work with training and classes. The company got big and lost it' focus on how it got big. Training stopped and job security was gone.
Pros
Friendly Coworkers always willing to help
Cons
No management direction
work from home
Project Manager/Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 21, 2017
I am able to work remotely for my position which, for myself and my company is extremely beneficial. I also support the East Coast to the West Coast. Working remotely allows me to provide live support to the engineering team regardless of where they are as I will work later or earlier in the day as the job demands.
Pros
working remotely
no interaction on your own
PMO Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2017
On your own team leads don't no more to say except you have to request documents that areburied by differant dept. just to get ignred then repermanded for not following procesure.
Pros
N/A on your own
Cons
Healthcare requests for help unless your in the team
Decent pay, not employee friendly
Technical AV Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Exeter, RIApril 26, 2017
I would prefer to not burn any bridges. Even though the experience was not pleasant I don't speak I'll of past employers. As a whole this company was ok, just not employee friendly.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Not employee friendly
Sales focused, cut throat environment
Commissions Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 13, 2017
I do not recommend working at this company. They had little respect for their employees and did not encourage a good work life balance. They cared little about their employees and only about their bottom line.
Productive and fun place to work
Sr. Telecom Engineer (Former Employee) –  Exeter, RIMarch 16, 2017
No complaints.
The work culture is great and allows leverage to interact with other employees even across multiple locations. Learned a lot from joint sessions.
Pros
Allows virtual office
Carousel
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  remoteMarch 2, 2017
At Carousel you need to be prepared for a high paced/demanding work environment.

I learned a lot about VOIP, project management, and customer service.

The workplace culture is demanding. There is no room for error. The departments are segregated and work in silos.

The most challenging part of the job is the workload.
Cons
Carousel is still going round n round
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 1, 2017
Carousel Industries is a growing company, ever evolving with new technologies and platforms. It is not a place to be if you are looking to grow in your career. There is not career advancement, cross training or options to train and better your skill set. The expectations and demands on employees are much more than the appreciation provided. Communications within the organization from department to department is less than satisfactory. There is a lot of potential once they figure out what services they want to provide and master.
Great company and culture
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 30, 2016
This is a great company and culture. Everyone works hard to make the customer come first and win together. Can get help from any dept even if not in your territory.
Pros
many product lines to cross-sell a customer
Cons
getting support in territory
Lead Project Manager
SMB Team Lead/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Exeter, RIOctober 5, 2016
As Lead Project Manager, I oversaw 13 PMs underneath me to make sure that they met all their requirements and responsibilities on each project that they were assigned.
Poor company to work for.
Data Integrity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 23, 2016
Typical day at work was performing email requests for item codes to be entered into the TigerPaw database. I did learn a few new formula functions within Excel while preparing vendor excel files for importing. The team members I worked with were difficult to relate to. Training was excellent, but its delivery by my co-worker was terribly unprofessional. Information was thrown at me at a very high rate of speed, talked extremely fast, and was very confusing in her explaining of what seemed like a relatively easy task. Her hyper-speech was very distracting, and unfortunately for me, caused mistakes. The other team member was very rude and impatient while training. Her speech patterns carried off elsewhere and, again, I found it difficult to learn. Needless to say, this was not the right job for me. The pay was very, very low, and the benefits (health) were awful. It was disappointing that Carousel chose this type of health plan for their employees. With all this said, I was very unmotivated.
Pros
Cons
Team assigned to was difficult to relate to, low pay, poor health plan
Work
Sales Support Specialist/Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 6, 2016
Good work place. No room for advanced. Located in VA and other states. Pay decreases due to company buyout. Benefits were terrible. Needed a more advanced position. Only person at location so no co-workers to concerse with. Not much to enjoy but easy work.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Difficult company to work for ongoing RIF and personal leaving constantly
Convergence Engineer (Former Employee) –  Exeter, RIMay 31, 2016
Ongoing flux and mismanagement multiple bosses some times 3 per year have no clue what they or their staff do day to day Unable to properly measure revenue goals per engineer. Sell products and services they have no idea how to fulfill and than scramble to get it done as cheaply as possible by outsourcing.
Get experience and get out
Convergence Specialist (Current Employee) –  Exeter, RIFebruary 17, 2016
A few good people to work with that like to have fun in the office. Free fruit and drinks. Avaya avaya avaya - focus is on support of old equipment. OK place to get a start to put something on your resume but you won't learn any technology from the last decade. Owners and senior management are a joke. Brand new service VP doesn't have a clue what it takes to work with customers - he is a sales guy and doesn't even live in the state. Shows up once in a while as a talking head telling us to "be great". The owners only care about sales - doesn't matter if you are right or wrong sales is always right.
Pros
Some fun people to work with. Act busy and you won't be bothered much.
Cons
no training and service is always wrong
Very HQ focused
FEDERAL PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  MarylandDecember 9, 2015
Constant change in policy and procedures. Many well intended plans that were good on paper only and never thought through .
Good compay
Senior account manager (Current Employee) –  New YorkAugust 6, 2015
good people to work for. Nice company. Downside is no resources in NYC. Awesome people to work with. 8-6pm work day. Good to socialize with partners
Pros
Good people
Cons
No resources in NYC
Great atmosphere. Great learning experience as well - good teamwork
Tier 2 DATA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Exeter, RIJuly 22, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Carousel. I was at first a little off as to the lack of Cisco technology being sold but once I was able to learn Juniper/Netscreen and even Extreme switches, it became a useful skill set to have under my belt. I learned a lot regarding VoIP and even more so with QoS as I had to support infrastructure for VoIP and work with the VoIP engineers who may not always have had the best networking knowledge. Management was great and the CEOs were easy to communicate with and were there to give praise. I do miss Carousel at times but I was in need of a more engineering role than a NOC engineer.
Pros
Close to home, No traffic. Great staff and management.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carousel Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8