Carousel Industries

Carousel Industries Employer Reviews

Software Department provides Solutions to the entire Corporation
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Exeter, RIApril 28, 2014
Pros: relaxed culture
Cons: aggressive deadlines
Anything that can be accomplished with Software, or the management of data, is handled by our small team.
I personally learned a lot about managing data across several disparate systems, and transforming data from one system into another.
I also learned a lot about SQL Service Broker - enough to say that I am a valuable asset to a company looking to – more... implement this strategy.
Because our team is so small, the task list seems endless.
We work well as a team; the camaraderie is the best part of the job. – less
Great place to work Carousel Industries
Service Contract Associate (Former Employee), Providence, RIApril 17, 2014
Carousel Industries is a great company to work for . I had the opportunity to be an employee at their organization. Carousel has a great management team. Carousel Industries take good care of their employees it is place where you feel welcome.

The hardest job I have encountered while being an employee at Carousel Industries were having to look-up pec-codes – more... and converting them into material codes it is a very time consuming process. And, the constant changes that were involve in creating contracts.

The most enjoyable part of the job were getting a project completed and understanding the work without having the need to ask questions. – less
Decent place to work
Permanent Inside Sales/Account Executive (Former Employee), Windsor, CTNovember 1, 2013
Good company with many large partnerships with other IT manufacturers.
Great work environment, terrible management
Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee), ConnecticutOctober 26, 2013
Great work environment, terrible management. The people are amazing but management is not supportive
Fast pace environment
Commission Coordinator - Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), East Syracuse, NYSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: overtime with free dinners, fun and friendly staff, always being busy
Cons: the unability to move up within the company, the pay was not favorable
Each day was a different part of the monthly process. There was rarely any down time within the months. As the deadline approached, the opportunity for overtime increased. The monthly reports, as well as the commission statements, were all in excel format. Which gave me the ability to learn and understand the program in a great deal. The commission – more... team was very friendly, and we were quick to help each other with any matter. Each of us played a separate role in the monthly statements. Management was friendly, however sometimes unavailable. A majority of the time, they remained calm in the face of errors. The hardest part of the job was after the commission statements were sent out. Usually within 10 minutes, we begin to receive emails with questions from the account reps. They were not always clear or polite. The most enjoyable part of the job was at the same time after the commission statements were sent out, as well as payroll being sent in. This was the few minutes we had to sit and appreciate the fact we met the deadline and our hard work was worth it. – less
Non-productive and misserable workplace
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 26, 2013
Pros: the company seemed good, just not local leadership
Cons: never anything possitive spoken from leadership
Local leadership in DFW area is a micro-manager who came from the A/V industry with only 2 months experience in management. When he doesn't understand the technology, he doesn't allow the reps to go after that business.
2 Stars Overall
Sales Support Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 13, 2013
Poor management at San Diego location for Sales Support, no room for advancement, yearly raises at 1%, high healthcare costs (the 1% raises didn't even cover the increase in healthcare costs each year).
no future, old technology
NOC Tech (Current Employee), RIAugust 9, 2013
Pros: some free snacks and drinks
Cons: unprofessional, lazy techs and sups. compensations not anywhere near industry standards
Some of the supervisors in the allow their direct reports to act unprofessionally and disruptively. There are a few good supervisors though. Their is no real advancement and the technician are leaving faster than they can hire people, what does that tell you. decent place to get a start in the industry, but no point in staying. compensations not anywhere – more... near industry standards – less
Fun and challenging place to work
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Albany, NYAugust 7, 2013
Great company to work for with great job security if you are good at your job.
Work hard play hard is the motto.
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Windsor, CTJuly 30, 2013
You put in the time and you get rewarded. You are more than a number.
Good company to work for
Senior Account Manager, (Former Employee), New YorkMay 9, 2013
Pros: management, culture and support
Cons: continuall process and tools improvements are impediments to a cohesive sales front.
Carousel Industries is a company that has been very successful through out it's history. Like any organization that grows dramatically, Carousel has experienced it's set of challenges. Management is focused on results; most of the organization has a "let's get it done" attitude and this flows down from management. Overall a good company to work for – more... but continued growth in the ever changing world of Technology and Systems Integration will continue to present challenges as the company looks to continually evolve. – less
Energetic, supportive, and growing!!
ASSOCIATE ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Windsor, CTMarch 28, 2013
Pros: training and development, youthful/energetic atmosphere, growing company
Cons: somewhat revolving door style to sales group.
Carousel has been in business for 20 years and sustains an average of 30% growth every year since. They are a industry leader in telecommunications and IT integration having several Fortune 500 clients. As an associate sales representative I learned many IT concepts as well as pricing strategies to compete within a very demanding and competitive industry. – more... Here I honed skills in financial statements, project management, marketing strategies and market research. The most enjoyable aspect of this position was the training and development provided as every session was done with the team as a whole.

The hardest part of the job was cold calling and finding ways to develop rapport with high level executives in companies across several industries. – less
Great work environment for young professionals
sales representative and made business (Current Employee), Windsor, CTJanuary 30, 2013
Cold Calling future prospects, Managing directors are very helpful, company politics are off-putting.
Great up until we got laid off
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Exeter, RIOctober 2, 2012
Pros: nice health care plan, good people, reasonable work, though probably a lot more pressure now.
Cons: realy
Carousel Industries is a fine place to work. Business casual atmosphere, reasonable pressure, nice people.

I was glad to work there up until the day my director called to tell me I was being laid off, along with 10% of the rest of the company. No warning, no hint of trouble, just surprise chop to a lot of people.

It's still a good place to work, I'd – more... go back if they had a suitable opening. – less
This is not the job you want to take at this company
Admin (Former Employee), ExeterOctober 1, 2012
I know someone who worked as one of the contract coordinators and it is the most unorganized departments there. The supervisor at the time who I heard is now the manager, is controlling and at first will be very friendly but then talk behind your back and will not think twice about throwing you under the bus. After a few months the supervisor will not – more... want to have anything to do with you at all and when you go to to ask a question they will not even to turn to address you. The supervisor/manager does more IMing then work or helping the new pple.

Because it is such a clicky department the majority of them all go out for lunch on fridays and are gone for at least 2 hours drinking while the others are picking up the slack.

BEWARE!!! – less
Leading US IT Distributor/Integrator
Sales and Marketing Executive (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no advancement. commodity sales.
A great company representing high end and best in breed manufacturers products. I have enabled my company to grow from a $120M company to a $370M company. My goal is to expand beyond my current role into operations management as I have made dramatic impact with process improvements, which is outside of my current position and where I excel.
Typical day of work
Senior Service Contract Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 20, 2012
Carousel Industries is a great place to work. It involves plenty of time management and multi tasking skills.
Great working environment, team oriented atmosphere.
SMB Project Manager (Former Employee), Exeter, RIAugust 7, 2012
Keeping the client apprised daily on the status of their project,as well as handling their questions and concerns on a daily basis. Extensive data collection for each project in que, as well as extensive follow up on all facets of the installation process for the project.
Productive and Fun environment
Training & Development Manager (Former Employee), Exeter, RIJuly 24, 2012
Pros: employees
Cons: benefits
Great team/family environment. Lots of work and there are many opportunities for employee engagement with fellow co-workers.
Not a place to work as so called convergence tech
none (Former Employee), noneNovember 6, 2013
Pros: nice building friendly owner
Cons: relatives that work there and the childish behavior of many workers
poor supervision

UN-business like attitude

non professional co-worker attitude ( children at play )

proprietary job

either be related (owners brother can do what he wants and act like he wants and treat you like he wants) or be best friends with some one on site

even if you do your job and solve problems that no one else could you may not last – more... , some one related or a best freind will get you terminated – less