Carousel Pediatrics Employee Reviews

Poor managem
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Management is very irresponsible and forgetful, never around, their is nobody to give direction. too many personal relationships interfering with work, too much gossip and drama mostly it all comes and gets started by management and then fingers start getting pointed towards the employees when it starts getting out of control. Since I worked there I saw 5 people go because of this, overall doctors are great to work with but their is no structure in the department And everybody is just all over the place. Management does not seem to know what they are doing or how to run a department.
Yesniea martinez
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 27, 2016
I work here and I don't like the management they are hard to get along with I was bossing I can't talk on the phone always demanding things the pay is no good at all too many meetings our stuff that does not make any sense is it support environment to work in
Pros
There is none
Cons
It's not a good place to work for
Not a good expierence working here
Call Center (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 26, 2015
Worked here for a few months. Not such a good place of employment. The call center manger is a control freak She expects for you to verify, confirm, schedule and rescedule appointments at the same time or in between calls. Cant use the restroom unless theres a flag available, ur in a small very cold room by the dental department and sometimes you hear kids crying all day. When the Call center manager is having a bad day she tends to take it on her employees, except the tenured ones. Not such a good atmosphere with all the gossip and the pay is horrible for everything you do!
Pros
Cons
To much work for little pay
great place to work
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJuly 23, 2015
.Nothing else to say Great Doctors there. Good coworkers that were there at least 9 years , excellent pediatricians office.
Pros
nice owners of carousel the Stevensons
Cons
nothing to say
Enjoy the patients tremendously!
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJune 22, 2015
Most of my day is spent providing primary care for children ages 0-21. Well and sick care provided.Follow-up on labwork, x-rays, etc. Use EHR. PALS certified
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Too many meetings
very fast paced but fun and enjoyable
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 13, 2015
My days consisted of stocking up the exam rooms as well as kept them cleaned, and getting patients vitals and assisted them in to their rooms, helped in the file room. Most of my coworkers were friendly and helped me get established into a routine.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
no bonus
Fun workplace
Hour Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 28, 2013
Exciting working with children. Everyone there had great attitude.
Cons
busy like crazy
Excellent care for children of Central Texas
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 28, 2013
I worked with wonderful physicians and co-workers during my time at Carousel Pediatrics. I felt the work I did was very meaningful, yet challenging as many of the children we saw had complex or high acuity medical issues.
Pros
Great learning atmosphere, wonderful physicians
Cons
long days
Productive fun Workplace, enjoyable to work and help children
Medical Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Austin,txApril 19, 2013
-It was during flu season, a lot of patients needed mostly influenza injections at the time I worked.
-I really learned how to do a great influenza injection, how to handle with a crying child,flu and strep test
-co-workers were real friendly
-hardest part of job was mostly medicaid patients that would not know English, so I had to find a translator
- working with children
Awesome but unstable
Medical Billing and Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 8, 2013
Carousel was a great place to work for. The typical day at work was a ease because of the team work and support from other team members. I learned a new software and also new techniques of billing. The management completely fell twards the end of my employment with carousel. My fellow employees were great we all got alone very well. There was never a hard part with this job. I enjoyed coming to work every day!
Making a difference in pediatrics lives.
CALL CENTER AGENT (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 12, 2012
It is always a different day everday with the patients. I have learned to be patient . Managers are very understanding and fun. Coworkers are always there to help and to listen. There is no hard part of the job if you do not understand all you have to do is chat another coworker and they are always there to help. The most enjoyable part of the job is to know that they are doing a good job for the community and always there to help .
Pros
reps bring free lunches once a week.
Cons
hardly any overtime
Organized and caring practioners
Medical Office Supervisor / Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 11, 2012
great learning experience
very professional physicians
loved working with the patients
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no coverage

Comment – August 22, 2012

This company has medical, dental/ortho., and specialty services. This comment is not for Specialty Services for which we have a position posted - Occupational Therapist.

Horrible experience
Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 19, 2012
Was convinced to take a position by the medical director who boasted great pay and job security. A few months down the road I find out they are having horrible financial difficulties resulting in lay offs and pay cuts. No personal communication, everything done by email. Schedule changes made without prior approval or notifications. Expected to see more than 48 patients a day in a 12 hour shift, lunch time not always provided even though you are not paid for lunch.
Cons
see review above