Job Title: Graphic Designer
Location: Cedar Fair Entertainment Company in Sandusky, Ohio.
Job Functions Summary
This position is responsible for conceptualizing, creating and executing artwork for printed and digital materials for Cedar Fair under the general direction of the Art Department Manager.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Graphic Design or related field or commensurate experience as demonstrated in portfolio review.
- Must have at least one year experience in MAC-based system with knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and any other pertinent software.
- Must have strong time and project management skills and the ability to work in an independent environment with minimum supervision and deliver against set goals.
- Requires general knowledge of one to six-color offset lithography and presentation; general knowledge of all currently used methods of printing; general math skills, average typing speed.
- Availability to work flexible hours as required to meet business demands.
- Ability to pass a mandatory or random drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages graphic design projects from initial concept thorough final production, including creative development, layout, sourcing and printing. Effectively collaborates with parks to ensure design solutions meet their needs and are delivered within project timelines.
- Utilizes MAC-based operating systems to create high-end designs, concepts, and sample layouts for various departments and divisions throughout the Company, based on knowledge of aesthetic design concepts and layout principles. Presents concepts to management and client departments.
- Reviews proofs with art department management and clients; responds with design revisions that incorporate client feedback to produce a final product that meets client needs and is consistent with related design concepts.
- Recommends production methods that are consistent with product quantities and budget constraints. Writes related requests for quotations for outside printers and prepares final files for production.
- Analyzes proofs, attends press checks for color approvals, and recommends needed corrections as appropriate. Monitors and adheres to production schedule deadlines.
- Responsible to inspect printed material upon receipt to ensure quality of finished product meets standards.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures, including attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all aspects of employment.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS FOR THIS POSITION SHOULD SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER INCLUDING SALARY REQUIREMENTS.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 23 months ago