Carpenter Co. Employee Reviews

a good place to work
Painter Apprentice-maintenance (Former Employee) –  17100 Harlan Rd Lathrop Ca 95330February 17, 2017
Carpenter co gave a great opportunity to grow knowledge of my job and to grow in other areas outside my job to learn how to work around a multitude of different enithinic group of people and how to value all and respect those individual as one people regardless of race creed or color I'm very grateful for the opportunities to work in a great environment
Pros
after your probation period your benefit and vacation start
Cons
depends on where you are working can. be good or bad
Not a good company.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Verona, MSDecember 12, 2016
If your black the management team will automatically set you for failure. The employees are undisciplined and the HR manager is dumb as a box of rocks. This is probably the most racist work environment I have ever worked in. Take it from me, if your black skip this job.
Pros
Cons
Too much time dealing with problematic employees
fun place to work, productive, etc
Forlift Operator (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 4, 2016
Mostly easy work, it can be hard at times, pay is ok, benefits or great,easy to locate, management,is ok, the people I've worked with was good people.
Pros
free launches, exc
Cons
short breaks, 401k, profit sharing, great pay, healthcare, dental care, eye vision care as well
High pay
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 31, 2015
In the summer or before holidays you would work a lot of hrs and the pay was great. I didnt have too many problems working there and wish I didnt get laid off.
Pros
High pay
Cons
No work, no hrs
The Life at Carpenter
Plant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Russellville, KYJune 14, 2015
The typical day is supposed to be eight hours, normally lasted (for me at least) nine plus. There was NO advance training offered, I had one training session in over seven years and it dealt with production maximization. The management was at times heavy handed and others invisible. The staff was excellent (despite work environment) and mostly helpful to each other.
Pros
Friendly staffers, good technolgy, equipment to work wit, some of the uper management seemed to be concerned with employees
Cons
Division Accountant never got to or even make real effort to know me, my strenghts or weaknesses
good job at first
driver (Current Employee) –  Russellville, KYMarch 28, 2014
I've been driving for Carpenter Company for a number of years. The job was really great at first and has went downhill, straight downhill. Seniority means absolutely nothing here, management is very biased and vindictive. The pay is good but the work is literally back breaking. If by chance you do get hurt on the job you will end up working in the plant for 1/3 of your salary until you're released from light duty. And at times management will deliberately make your job hard on you.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
management, unloading, no reward for staying with the company
The people
Floater (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CASeptember 27, 2013
Over all there very discriminating, There management is lazy and foul mouthed, They dont care about the employees they also dont want to work you more then 30 hours a week. The co workers are ok, I have learned that there is a place i never want to go back to,
Cons
nice place to work airconditioned break rooms
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Russellville, KYJune 15, 2013
most days were good learned how to run a big sewing machine inspect finish product management was fair coworkers were ok
I enjoyed the work the hrs were long but rewording
Pros
free lunch when you worked extra when needed good insurance
Cons
disaplin, fairness
Nice
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Russellville, KYMay 14, 2013
My day started with talking with the team leader from 1st shift,I learn a lot of different,things, shipping & reciveing,sap forklift, most how to lead mangement was ok,lot of fun with the coworkers,hardeat part was firing people,not making shipping mistakes
Pros
MY SUPERVISOR
Cons
NO ADVANCEMENT
Old-School Management and Values
E (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 26, 2013
The culture is different at any given branch, division, or location, but is generally very conservative - can be off putting if that's not your thing. Friendly, very hard working people. 8-5 with breaks and lunch.

Flexible on appointments and other issues that arise.
Pros
generally good hardworking people. fairly good job security.
Cons
no performance reviews, relatively low pay for the industry, no 401k match (profit sharing - % of your income in the account each year)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carpenter Co.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5