Carpenter Co. Employee Reviews in United States

High pay
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 31, 2015
In the summer or before holidays you would work a lot of hrs and the pay was great. I didnt have too many problems working there and wish I didnt get laid off.
Pros
High pay
Cons
No work, no hrs
good job at first
driver (Current Employee) –  Russellville, KYMarch 28, 2014
I've been driving for Carpenter Company for a number of years. The job was really great at first and has went downhill, straight downhill. Seniority means absolutely nothing here, management is very biased and vindictive. The pay is good but the work is literally back breaking. If by chance you do get hurt on the job you will end up working in the plant for 1/3 of your salary until you're released from light duty. And at times management will deliberately make your job hard on you.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
management, unloading, no reward for staying with the company
The people
Floater (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CASeptember 27, 2013
Over all there very discriminating, There management is lazy and foul mouthed, They dont care about the employees they also dont want to work you more then 30 hours a week. The co workers are ok, I have learned that there is a place i never want to go back to,
nice place to work airconditioned break rooms
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Russellville, KYJune 15, 2013
most days were good learned how to run a big sewing machine inspect finish product management was fair coworkers were ok
I enjoyed the work the hrs were long but rewording
Pros
free lunch when you worked extra when needed good insurance
Cons
disaplin, fairness
Nice
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Russellville, KYMay 14, 2013
My day started with talking with the team leader from 1st shift,I learn a lot of different,things, shipping & reciveing,sap forklift, most how to lead mangement was ok,lot of fun with the coworkers,hardeat part was firing people,not making shipping mistakes
Pros
my supervisor
Cons
no advancement
Old-School Management and Values
E (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 26, 2013
The culture is different at any given branch, division, or location, but is generally very conservative - can be off putting if that's not your thing. Friendly, very hard working people. 8-5 with breaks and lunch.

Flexible on appointments and other issues that arise.
Pros
generally good hardworking people. fairly good job security.
Cons
no performance reviews, relatively low pay for the industry, no 401k match (profit sharing - % of your income in the account each year)

2.9