Carpenter Co. Employee Reviews

Does not recommend
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 5, 2018
Customer Service & Accounting Supervisor creates a stressful & horrible work environment by bullying employees. Lots of yelling & foul language. Not professional.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful, unprofessional, poor management
Great place to work good benifits
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Conover, NCJanuary 4, 2018
Great place to work good benefits and pay is good also paid 2 week vacation after 1 year of service in company offer medical dental and vision also 401k and profit sharing
Pros
2 weeks paid vacation after 1 year of work
Not great
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 12, 2017
no life here, lack of management involvement in helping with projects. low salary but good benefits. that's the only thing that's satisfactory with regard to the co.
Benefits
Cons
Too much Stress
fun
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Russellville, KYDecember 7, 2017
good place to work clean and fast paced good people decent managment nice break room up to date work enviorment good hours and good benefits very nice place to work
Pros
relaxed
Cons
managment
Great coworkers, management knows you by name and treats you well.
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INNovember 1, 2017
I've driven for the Elkhart division for over 20 years. This company is a great place to work. The pay is above average with great benefits. Unloading the product can be challenging at times but you receive extra compensation for the work. Vacation pay is based off of your average income rather than a hourly rate.
Pros
Pay and benefits, steady work, good people to work with.
Cons
Slow trucks "governed at 60mph", does requir physical labor
furniture related products
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Verona, MSOctober 18, 2017
The maintenance program at Carpenter Co, was among the best in the area, if not the entire region, the local GM has anger issues, there is no plant engineer, so you can imagine what kind of R & D got done
Pros
clean atmosphere
Cons
upper management are prickks
very hot work place
Mattress compress operator (Former Employee) –  Russellville, KYOctober 16, 2017
The jobs are very easy. Just a very hot place to work in. You learn different jobs so you can work anywhere in the building. Coworker are very friendly
Pros
lot of breaks
Cons
doesnt pay well
Okay job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Russellville, KYOctober 2, 2017
Lost the job because I got hurt on the job , I was working one night and got my arm caught in a convayer belt . And then got fired a day later . So it would have been a okay if a job if they wouldn't have fired me after I got hurt
Great place to work!
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 5, 2017
It was a great place to work and compete with yourself. It's fast paced, but as soon as you get the hang of it you can really work on how fast you can do things.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Little to no down time.
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Md,nj,pa,vaAugust 30, 2017
A long walk to clock in witch can be dangerous in the winter, days can be very long like 10-12+hours a day mantory ,to move up in the company is very hard you have to be well liked because long jeporty doesn't matter.it is hard to say anything nice when you see people pass by you only being there months when you have years in and you have to train them your job.
Pros
Vacation 401k insurance
Cons
Managment
Great starter job, but not somewhere to build a career
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 14, 2017
Very blessed to have this job and I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for this job but its time to move on. Benefits are awesome as far as insurance and profit sharing. But carpenter owns you and they pay you just enough to keep you, it's a job for settlers, no job advancement. There will be people working with you that have been with the company for 25 years making the same amount of money as you after your first year. You are just another person at carpenter they don't care/value their employees; or if you make it or not its sink or swim environment.
Benefits
Cons
Everything Else
Would not recommend
Center line operator (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJune 23, 2017
I was asked twice to join this company, left a job for Carpenter, I worked here for 2 months just before my increase in pay and insurance kicked in they fired be false statements supervisor said in reviewing me, the first went well the second they lied, poor management, they watch you like a kid, yell at you always making it like your doing something wrong. Four supervisor in one department and couldn't get nothing in order, always running out of materials, not mentioning you never knew when you were going home. It was the most worse experience in employment I ever encountered let alone fire you for no reasons. To me this place I wouldn't give them the chance
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor work ethics, does not treat people good at all
This was one of the most unpredictable jobs on planet earth
Select Comfort Dept. Foam rails, (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCMay 21, 2017
I never knew how long I was working everyday was different from the day before one day you work 4 hours the next day you work 12 hours. I don't think anyone could schedule work loads properly. And if you were caught talking to a co-worker they called you out like a child. It seems to me if you are so concerned about keeping work going they would have never let Select Comfort Contract slip through their fingers not very good Management
Pros
meeting some awsome people
Cons
hard work and low pay
Wearhousing
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAMay 9, 2017
If you are looking for a cushion it's here because they manufacture bedding supplies and you can get a discount if you work there. There products are sold locally.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Accommodation to work with school hours are not good. It
overall not a bad place to work
Team Operator (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 29, 2017
The cleanest place Ive ever worked , and has good benefits. The only problem was management would always change the rules and without informing you of the change.
very good place to work
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAApril 16, 2017
a very good work environment . very easy work place. everyone gets along. I have learn a lot on forklift driving while working here. the hardest part working here is none.
Pros
40+hours
Cons
plant closed down
Very bland workspace, not clean environment, unfriendly staff and good pay and benefits.
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Fogelsville, PAApril 12, 2017
The management was horrible. The pay was great and you got decent pay raises. The health benefits were pretty good as well. working hours were not good for a single father working numerous job or in school. They also nit pick at everything you do. Even if you have a medical problem.
Upper management have poor decision making skills.
Maintenance Manager/Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAApril 5, 2017
Carpenter closed the plant and lost all the profitable business that the plant provided and other plants couldn't perform. Upper management had no clue as to the value of that plant.
Productive workplace
Truck Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, NCApril 3, 2017
We loaded and unloaded foam from trucks all day every day. A hot workplace very productive nonstop until lunch and working as hard as we could good atmosphere.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Standing in one spot the whole time
a good place to work
Painter Apprentice-maintenance (Former Employee) –  17100 Harlan Rd Lathrop Ca 95330February 17, 2017
Carpenter co gave a great opportunity to grow knowledge of my job and to grow in other areas outside my job to learn how to work around a multitude of different enithinic group of people and how to value all and respect those individual as one people regardless of race creed or color I'm very grateful for the opportunities to work in a great environment
Pros
after your probation period your benefit and vacation start
Cons
depends on where you are working can. be good or bad