Carpenter Co Employee Reviews in United States

Top Management has no clue
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INMay 13, 2016
Top Management and upper management has no idea how to run a business. They are from the stone age and are not at all interested in what their employees have to offer or ideas they have.
Benefits
Cons
Treating Employees with respect
Solid established Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  RichmondOctober 8, 2015
Well established Richmond Company with an international footprint.

Good place to get experience. Solid employees.

Work typically comes before family, but culture is changing.

Compensation is below median in most cases.
Pros
Solid company
Cons
Work comes before family
Low turnover, but little to no opportunity for advancement
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Taylorsville, NCSeptember 22, 2015
If you are good enough at a job, you will get to keep it. The problem is that's probably as far as you'll get. They hire management from college, not within the company.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No advancement
Do not work for Carpenter company in High Point, N.C. !!!!!!
employee looking for another job (Current Employee) –  High Point, N.C.June 26, 2015
From the very first interview the company plant manager lies to you. He says you will get 40 hours with overtime but you really are lucky to get 6 to 7 hours per day. The company is also very low hourly pay from 9 to 10 dollars an hour with no room for moving up. You will be lucky to take home 275.00 a week. Very hot !!! No air in plant. Stays about 100 to 105 degrees inside everyday. So hot it makes you sick. Very few old fans. Keep looking for something better !!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
No pros
Cons
Very little break, people working there are low educated and some homeless, The company works employees like a sweat shop.
good learning experience
Stock Pull/ Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAJune 8, 2015
fun and productive company to work for. carpenter took good care of me, however, the management was poor. they workers seemed to know more about the production lines than the management did.
Pros
good pay
Cons
worked a lot of hours
SAP SD Functional Consultant
SAP SD Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 18, 2015
Carpenter Company is the world’s largest producer of comfort cushioning products. The SD module was implemented based on their business requirements. I was involved in the implementation of Order Management including pricing and billing.
Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAFebruary 27, 2015
This is the best company i have ever worked for. unfortunatly i was young and naive when i was givin the opportunity to work here. this is were i learned the ins and outs of production and i was cross trained on 4 differant heavy machines to operate. i had a small group of 4-8 people working on the back end of the line while i created the product with a computer layout. if it wasnt for me missing so much work and taking vacation i would surely still be working for this company
People oriented and always update the lunch room
Utility operator (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAFebruary 25, 2015
The work maybe a challenging because of the work hours but love how the the employees and staff get along with each other. I love how I am my own boss before I was pregnant.
great co-workers
Shipping Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 16, 2015
my co-workers got the job done as a team no matter how late or long,we all got along in order to keep production going and meet deadlines.
Pros
overtime
Cons
low pay
Creative, Productive and High Energy work
SAP FICO Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2015
Great co-workers, enjoyable work environment, working in SAP FICO was a great experience, compensation was good and lot of over time work.
Old School 1930's Management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  RichmondJanuary 15, 2015
Carpenter has a management team of one the owner. It is an effective company because of the hard work of the employees and the genius of the owner. The company has be undergoing changes for the better and moving forward. The President is more employee oriented than his predecessors. The best part about Carpenter is the employees.
Pros
steady work
Cons
compensation
Customer focused family environment
Russellville Division Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Russellville, KYJanuary 14, 2015
Customer needs is a priority, meeting customer demands while balancing the needs of the employee. Management overall is understanding and willing to work with employees but not to hinder customer demand.
Seamstress (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 3, 2014
We have good days of work and days
I have learned to not bring personal business to work
The employees were not treated very fairly
Fun place to work, Great Management
Account Payables/Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCSeptember 22, 2014
Answered phones, filed, doing daily invoicing, issued purchase orders all accounts payable, sales reports, daily, monthly weekly reports.
A day at Carpenter Co
Utility Person (Former Employee) –  Russellville, KYAugust 17, 2014
The Production is repetitive mostly,I felt like i could have learned more had i got the opportunity to have Cross Trained.
Pros
one great thing is carpenter has a nice work out gym.
Cons
very hot in the facility.
low pay for office and management jobs. the plant people make more than us with their overtime
Office (Current Employee) –  Conover, NCJuly 23, 2014
The best part of working here is the insurance. Low premiums and deductible. There are no annual performance reviews and raises. No Christmas parties or gifts. Nothing at Thanksgiving either. No picnics.
Pros
cheap insurance
Cons
gemba office work environment, no privacy whatsoever, 20 plus people all talking at the same time!. no offices we all sit out in the open together
Privately owned company and acts like it
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fogelsville PAApril 19, 2014
This Is by far the worst multi-billion dollar company I ever worked for. Management is poor at best and micromanagement is the business model.
Communication is nonexistent and a general lack of concern for employees is ever present.
Favoritism and underhanded dealings are commonplace.
Pros
on par pay for area.
Cons
inept management.
thankyou capenter co. lathop, ca.
Accumulator Operator (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAJanuary 28, 2014
one of the best jobs I ever work for in my past history. all was well there at capenter. I happen to voluntary quit do to outside life issues.
Productive fun place to work
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 9, 2014
Hardest I have ever worked, with the most fun I have ever had. I learned the value of small business ownership, managing those who were older than you and ultimately meeting and exceeding the customer's expectations.
Best job!!!!
Glue Line/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Longview, NCNovember 13, 2013
Great manufacturing company that has great people. Began as a summer job, recieved ample training and skills from employees. I love this place and would love to hired on again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carpenter Co. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7