Carpenter Co

Carpenter Co Employee Reviews

Utility Operator (Former Employee), Lathrop, CAFebruary 27, 2015
This is the best company i have ever worked for. unfortunatly i was young and naive when i was givin the opportunity to work here. this is were i learned the ins and outs of production and i was cross trained on 4 differant heavy machines to operate. i had a small group of 4-8 people working on the back end of the line while i created the product with a computer layout. if it wasnt for me missing so much work and taking vacation i would surely still be working for this company
People oriented and always update the lunch room
Utility operator (Former Employee), Lathrop, CAFebruary 25, 2015
The work maybe a challenging because of the work hours but love how the the employees and staff get along with each other. I love how I am my own boss before I was pregnant.
great co-workers
Shipping Team Leader (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: low pay
my co-workers got the job done as a team no matter how late or long,we all got along in order to keep production going and meet deadlines.
Creative, Productive and High Energy work
SAP FICO Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2015
Great co-workers, enjoyable work environment, working in SAP FICO was a great experience, compensation was good and lot of over time work.
Old School 1930's Management
Analyst (Former Employee), RichmondJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: steady work
Cons: compensation
Carpenter has a management team of one the owner. It is an effective company because of the hard work of the employees and the genius of the owner. The company has be undergoing changes for the better and moving forward. The President is more employee oriented than his predecessors. The best part about Carpenter is the employees.
Customer focused family environment
Russellville Division Safety Manager (Former Employee), Russellville, KYJanuary 14, 2015
Customer needs is a priority, meeting customer demands while balancing the needs of the employee. Management overall is understanding and willing to work with employees but not to hinder customer demand.
Seamstress (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 3, 2014
We have good days of work and days
I have learned to not bring personal business to work
The employees were not treated very fairly
Fun place to work, Great Management
Account Payables/Office Administrator (Current Employee), High Point, NCSeptember 22, 2014
Answered phones, filed, doing daily invoicing, issued purchase orders all accounts payable, sales reports, daily, monthly weekly reports.
A day at Carpenter Co
Utility Person (Former Employee), Russellville, KYAugust 17, 2014
Pros: one great thing is carpenter has a nice work out gym.
Cons: very hot in the facility.
The Production is repetitive mostly,I felt like i could have learned more had i got the opportunity to have Cross Trained.
low pay for office and management jobs. the plant people make more than us with their overtime
Office (Current Employee), Conover, NCJuly 23, 2014
Pros: cheap insurance
Cons: gemba office work environment, no privacy whatsoever, 20 plus people all talking at the same time!. no offices we all sit out in the open together
The best part of working here is the insurance. Low premiums and deductible. There are no annual performance reviews and raises. No Christmas parties or gifts. Nothing at Thanksgiving either. No picnics.
Privately owned company and acts like it
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Fogelsville PAApril 19, 2014
Pros: on par pay for area.
Cons: inept management.
This Is by far the worst multi-billion dollar company I ever worked for. Management is poor at best and micromanagement is the business model.
Communication is nonexistent and a general lack of concern for employees is ever present.
Favoritism and underhanded dealings are commonplace.
thankyou capenter co. lathop, ca.
Accumulator Operator (Former Employee), Lathrop, CAJanuary 28, 2014
one of the best jobs I ever work for in my past history. all was well there at capenter. I happen to voluntary quit do to outside life issues.
Productive fun place to work
Plant Manager (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJanuary 9, 2014
Hardest I have ever worked, with the most fun I have ever had. I learned the value of small business ownership, managing those who were older than you and ultimately meeting and exceeding the customer's expectations.
Best job!!!!
Glue Line/Assembler (Former Employee), Longview, NCNovember 13, 2013
Great manufacturing company that has great people. Began as a summer job, recieved ample training and skills from employees. I love this place and would love to hired on again.
Average company, hourly employees benefits a lot from the massive overtime.
3rd shift Bedding Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Riverside CaSeptember 17, 2013
A good start up job for a new coming supervisor to get experience in just in time manufacturing. Great to learn SAP in side and out. Great hard working employees. The hardest part of the job was the massive overtime 60 to 70 hours per week. The most enjoyable part of the job were the employees.
Productive, high energy workplace.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMay 3, 2013
Pros: benifits. great people to work with
Cons: none.
Repair,pm,and maintain industrial polyurethane producing and cutting machines.
Worst job
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Elkhart, INApril 17, 2013
Pros: good hourly associates
Cons: management
Poorly managed
Horrible communication / management wasn't honest
Management was scard of their employees.
Lower then average wages
Steady and Reliable
Security Guard (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 22, 2013
Pros: good positive staff. very safely organized. fun times in the break room.
Cons: not too much room for advancement, and i had to always work the holidays.
As a security guard I mostly spent time alone. Answered a few phone calls and kept records of trucks and their trailers that entered or exited the company. Never had to spring into action for their staff was always in goog spirit. Well, atleast with me they were. Moreover, the overtime I was granted, I would spend the next four hours inside the shipping department where I would help my former co-workers.
Good Job
Internal forklift driver (Current Employee), Riverside, CAFebruary 28, 2013
Its a reliable and good job. Alot of overtime! The bosses are responsible and cool. The work is somewhat easy yet challenging.
regular
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Lathrop, CADecember 30, 2012
Pros: closed weekends
all good. move in differant depts.......................................