Carpenter Realtors Employee Reviews

Carpenter Realtors is a great place to work
Broker Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2016
The training and support is fabulous. If you enjoy working with people and willing to put the time in the time this is the job for you.
Pros
training and support
Cons
Commission only
Exciting place to work.
Broker Associate (Current Employee) –  Nineveh, INFebruary 8, 2016
Carpenter Realtors is fun but it is filled with hard work, you start your day with a plan for your future, you work very hard to reach your goals. Carpenter Realtors provides excellent training and materials to reach your goals. Very pleased to be a part of this company.
Pros
Excellent training and marketing for your business.
Cons
All commission work, no regular salary.
Great company
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Zionsville, INNovember 11, 2015
Great training program, love the job, possibilities are endless and perfect if you need a job with flexibility. Takes a while to get started so 100% commission is hard if you need to bring in an income.
Cons
100% commission
Productive and pleasant environment to work
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 5, 2015
A typical day at work is a very pleasant surrounding. I learned my job from experience; how to work as a team and accept additional responsibilities. The management was very helpful. My co-workers and I were very supportive of each other.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the paperwork that was involved with each and every transaction.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction of cooperating with everyone involved in my job.
Pros
Good healthcare
Cons
I had no cons
Great Company
Associate Broker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 28, 2015
Great opportunity for personal and financial growth. The management team and the agents were all very willing to offer help in a competitive sales environment.
high energy company
Indiana Real Estate Broker (Current Employee) –  Zionsville, indianaJanuary 31, 2015
great training program and highly recommend to anyone looking to get there start within the real estate field. must be high energy and disciplined though to grow.
Great Place to Work in A Volatile Market
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Avon, INMay 15, 2014
As real estate companies go, Carpenter is one of the best. They offer great deal of training for new agents, in addition to ongoing training. They also offer a lot of other perks that other companies don't - such as no desk fees, co-op marketing fees, etc.

My one criticism is that the real estate market overall is very unstable. Also, during the worst part of the downturn in 2009, Carpenter raised it's standard commission/marketing fee to sellers to 7% without room for negotiation. This has and will continue to cost Realtors listings. Even as the market continues to slowly rise back on its feet, there are other companies that can offer much more competitive rates - while keeping fees and expenses low for their Realtors.
Pros
Training
Cons
Higher than industry standard marketing fees to sellers.
Fun place to work, everyone was very helpful and nice.
Licensed Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, INMarch 22, 2014
I obtained my license and went immediately to work for Carpenter Realtors. I really liked their business approach, support and available use of facility. As an Independent Contractor however, I felt like there was to much pressure put on us to spend time in the office. They provided "desk time" which purpose was to give agents the opportunity to get new leads. I liked this philosophy but soon learned that it was really a waste of time that no longer had available to waste.
Pros
Lots of free lunches provided by local businesses.
Cons
Never really felt like I was working independently.
agent for buyers and sellers
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INFebruary 22, 2013
I like the company and working with people.
I work with buyers and sellers of residentual properties.
Cons
not a steady income
Great Company to work for
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INMay 12, 2012
Excellent incentive structure, opportunities for advancement, teamwork is encouraged, great training programs and willingness to help with any project you would need help with. I would highly recommend this company to anyone considering a career as a Realtor.
Pros
flexibility, support, structure, encouragement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carpenter Realtors. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5