CARQUEST Auto Parts

CARQUEST Auto Parts Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/ Delivery Part Pro (Former Employee), Grayslake, ILJuly 12, 2015
Pros: break in between deliveries
Cons: short lunch
stocking parts identifying labels organize parts delivering parts to customer how to give great customer service management its average overall co workers where very friendly nice to work together as a team the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to delivers parts to our daily customers
Great atmosphere and a diverse yet great people to work with.
Auto Parts Handler/ Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee), Armonk, NYJuly 5, 2015
Home away from home. A great experience on a daily basis. New challenges and great team spirit makes a typical day at work overly overwhelming.
easy job not very exciting
parts runner (Former Employee), Billings, MTJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Discounted car parts
Cons: part-time employees don't get any benefits
It was an easy job but it was hard waking up every morning knowing i had to go there to work...not a very exciting job. The staff is friendly and nice.
Many Opportunities
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 28, 2015
Co-workers where good to work with and very willing to help teach you how to complete a task. I generally looked forward to going to work each day.
always some thing diffrent
Parts Salesperson, Customer Service (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSMay 12, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: no advancement
Fast pace, never the same thing. A lot of problem solving. I learned a lot about different cars and pickups .The management was always changing. the co-workers were very helpful. the best part was the customers and co-workers.
Fun workplace full of nice people.
Customer Service Teammate (Current Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIMay 8, 2015
The workplace was always fun, not always busy with customers but you could always find something to do. I learned how to interact with customers more, and how to manage people.
Fun place to work with knowledgeable sales people.
Sales Associate and Customer Service (Current Employee), Merrillville, INMay 8, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling
Cons: Bought out by Advance Auto Parts
Great place to work with fun and friendly staff. The day goes by pretty quickly because we stay busy all day. I answer phones, take orders from commercial accounts and set them up for delivery, order parts if we don't stock them, do new returns and cores and defects and I also open and close the store and help with paperwork. The most enjoyable part of my job is finding a hard to find part for a customer and hearing how happy they are that you can get it for them. The hardest part of my job is those few customers that take their frustrations out on you but I just remind myself that they may be having a hard day and a hard time finding something and not take it personal.
Great people to work with.
Accounts Payable Credit Manager (Former Employee), Armonk, New yorkApril 23, 2015
My typical day was busy. I had a lot fun with all my co-workers. The management was very understanding of time off and very to come to for solving work problem.
Cool Driving job with automotive connections
Driver (Former Employee), Irwindale, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Driving to different cities
Cons: Short Hours
I enjoyed driving to the different shops to deliver parts and learning the automotive industry.
My manager was a funny caring guy, willing to work with school schedules. The hardest part of the job is making sure a not to get stuck in traffic in the evening so you can return before your shift is over or before the store closes. You learn punctuality and a strong sense of direction when driving.
Great people, great job, good entry level
Supply Driver (Current Employee), FloridaApril 5, 2015
Pros: Good job good people to work with.
Cons: Pay is low with little room to advance more than a few cents a year.
Great place to work, can be stressful at times due to traffic and job requirements. Good employee discount. Most days consist of driving in a company car delivering auto parts to local shops.
i enjoyed my co workers
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Hoover, ALMarch 29, 2015
Pros: it was a job
Cons: no help
you did all the work the manager thought he didn't have to do anything but give orders and not a team player and i am. you put up auto parts and helped customers i learned to never treat people like that,
Great Place to work if you are in a Metroplolitaon are
Store Manager (Current Employee), Bend, ORMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Lots of hours
Cons: Low pay less then the national average for similar jobs
I love interacting with customers and providing them superior customer service. It is hard when staff is lacking and superiors do not listen.
One of the best places I ever worked for
manager (Former Employee), Hatboro, PAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: low pressure, senior management involvment, always looking to help you with what ever you needed to get the job done.
Cons: the only con i have is they sold out to advance, would have loved to return to the original company some day.
Although Carquest has been bought out, Advance wouldn't be my first job change, but those who are true Carquest owners and employee' are the best. I have never worked for a better company. I would go back any time. What i love about them is how they not only train you but give every opportunity to grow and rise within that company. I started out as a driver worked my way up to manager, loved every minute and every day of my entire time there.
Great experience
Parts counter (Current Employee), Lansing, MIFebruary 14, 2015
The company isn't the greatest but the environment is awesome. I love being around car parts and people who share my passion .
Good customer base, ample pay, supportive management
Hired on to be one of three salesman (Former Employee), Spokane, WAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: great comradery, benefits and staff, wonderful customers
Cons: lots of wear and tear on personal vehicle
This was an outside sales job for the greater Spokane and CDA markets. The company supplied extensive training to improve tactics and skills. We had a group of salesman for the area which helped spread out the tasks associated with the management of such a large group of installer customers. We provided training to the shop owners for better management and profitability of the shop as well as technical training for the lead and journeyman techs We promoted our business through regular sales calls, equipment shows, golf tournaments and customer appreciation days which allowed us to get to a deeper level of relation with our customers and their staff.
fun and fast paced except on slow days
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Piedmont, ALJanuary 23, 2015
stocked invetory delivered parts managed schedule and payroll. this is the 3rd time Ive had to fill this out so im exempting a lot. you can thank indeed. kept store clean assisted customers. maintained delivery vehicle and performed some maintenance on the store.
customer service/assistant manager
Assistant Store Manger (Current Employee), Northport, ALJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: benefits : health, dental, vision, prescrition benefits, vacation, 401k
Cons: advancement opportunities, miscellaneous etc....
Learned more about my job related skills that I have had the opportunity to improve and made advancement. Was recognized for my dedication and hard work. Co-workers are a joy to be around work with. Hardest part is not being able to relocate to be with my fiancee and family that lives in scottsboro/huntsville, alabama area. Commuting to my job and responsibilties has become financially a struggle due to the distance of traveling back and forth. looking to re-locate to a store within our corporate district.
productive place to work
Inventory Clerk and Puller (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: stayed busy
Cons: working the lanes
you remain busy it is a face pace job filling and puller orders.
Wonderful
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Middletown, NYJanuary 8, 2015
First Deli I ever worked in. I learned everything I needed to know to work in a deli and have been able to take those skills with me in other food service fields
Great team and we all work well together, fun place to work
Commercial Sales Manager (Current Employee), Okeechobee, FLJanuary 7, 2015
A typical day at work consists of customer service that is number 1. When we are not waiting on customers we make sure the store is clean and all the shelves are full. What I have learned is a lot about agriculture, and heavy duty trucks. The management team is great. My co workers are also great. The hardest part about the job is being a woman in a mans world. For the most part I get the up most respect from the male customers, then you get the one that treat me like I do not belong there and have absolutely no clue what i am doing. Then my male co workers act like they do not have the answers and ask for my help. What I enjoy most about my job is I work with a great team, I will miss them when I leave but I am ready to finally get into the career I have always had the passion for the medical field.

1 2 3 4 5