CARQUEST Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Fun and impersonal
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXNovember 17, 2017
I loved the old CarQUEST at 327 W Crawford St in Denison, Texas, it was always a fun, productive, environment with the best loyal customers. Everyone will miss the old location.
Pros
Fun and impersonal, like family
Cons
they sold out
cool place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 17, 2017
Working there really shows you responsibility and customer building skills you can take into use throughout real life. It is a great place to work and is very fast paced.
Very Horrible company to work for
Bilingual French Collections (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 7, 2017
Carquest Auto Parts also Known as Advance Auto Parts has changed since Advance Auto Parts purchased Carquest. It's very stressful to work there, people do not last there, you can see about 10 people leaving the same week or month because they are not happy. Managers don't know what they are doing. They treat employees like trash. In short, it's a horrible company to work for
Relaxed environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 5, 2017
Before merging with Advance Auto Parts, CarQuest was a great brand to work with. A lot of customers relied on us for their Auto Parts needs. The manager was great. The DM micro managed a lot of our day to day activities. Pay wasn't great
nice place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 3, 2017
nice place, pretty easy job, drive company vehicles, get discounts of parts, nice employees, management was nice, decent atmosphere, meet alot of great ppl
Very enjoyable place to work
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NDOctober 30, 2017
The work environment was ideal. The most difficult part of the job was employee retention, due to the oil boom in the western part of the state.

I enjoyed the people I worked with. We were able to build strong relationships with our customers, both walk-ins and Commercial.
Great work environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCOctober 23, 2017
It was a great work environment with benefits for selling the most and working hard. Was a good starting job with opportunities for advancement. If I hadn’t joined the military I’d still be there.
Carquest
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSOctober 20, 2017
Management and employees were awesome to work with...got to know the people at the businesses you delivered to.. just didn't have enough hrs per week , which caused me to be let go..
Pros
discounts on auto parts, great work atmosphere..enjoyed the job
Cons
low pay /no benefits/ lack of hrs
Its all in the team you are dealt
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 3, 2017
If you have a great team in your store you will succeed. .Work hard and you man advance in a couple years of loyalty. New stores opening up with opportunity to advance. Always looking for good help.
Pros
great outgoing customers
Cons
never had enough people scheduled
Incredible experience
Mobile Parts Pro (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 17, 2017
I was given many opportunities to show and apply the knowledge that i had learned which in turn made me a better employee, I worked with a great group of folks. I hope to find another employer as good as this one.
Pros
Free lunches, bonuses, advancement etc..
Cons
No insurance or vacation

Want to know more about CARQUEST Auto Parts?

Ask a question
productive and relaxed work place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 6, 2017
work with many shop owners to get the right parts and tools they need. work on getting the customers the correct part. very enjoyable work place. worst part is the low pay and hours.
Pros
enjoyable work place
Cons
low pay and hours
carquest is a great place to wokr the pepole are great.i hated that i had to leav. if i could i would work there again.
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CASeptember 1, 2017
I loved working at carquest. they were a good company to work fore. they offer good benefits and good work habbits.tha people are great to worke with.
UN friendly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 29, 2017
Long hours thankless job. Management is pushed to perform or its their job so they push you does not matter if the phone rings or not or if the customer walks through the door its the hourly wage earner who is to blame for the poor performance of the store.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
No discount
Carquest was good but purchased by Advance Auto Parts and management not great
Commercial Sales Manger (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 26, 2017
In charge of sales for four company stores over a twenty year period.

Grow sales in all stores and open new accounts and markets.

Believe company is fine just a few management changes needed to get to where they need to be.

Enjoyed all my counter parts and worked well as a team.

Normal week included spending a day in each stores market area and creating sales and loyalty towards company.
Pros
Solid company financially and some really good employees
Cons
Need to look at a couple of there sales managers for improvement
terrible
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 24, 2017
Management was absolutely terrible. Was worst place I ever worked. Does not care about employees, you're basically just a number to them. Very stressful.
Manager Auto Parts (Former Employee) –  Hurley, VAAugust 18, 2017
Auto parts sales and deliveries, meeting new customers setting up commercial accounts. Computer use for stocking and inventory control, cleaning and maintaining store.
Pros
learning all about parts
Lack of managment
Parts Handler (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 18, 2017
It use to be a great company to work for. But now since there is different management there, it has not been that great of a place to work for. Management never took care of any problems that happen there neither did HR. The employees back stab other employees. They would make it a drama place. Not a great working environment is what they would make it as. No one would work as a team. Like you should. Overall with the company, I'm disappointed.
Pros
Use to have great managment
Cons
Poor work environment
I cannot offer a fair review of this company
Shuttle Driver/Loop Driver (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAAugust 17, 2017
I cannot offer a fair review of this company. I would still be there but I had to leave after working there 9 years. My housing rent was increasing and as my wages were stagnant, I occasionally worked some overtime, which was readjusted before payday, yielding 40 hours exactly and no way to prove the fraud. I was pending losing all and so I chose to leave the job to help family instead so I would not end up on the street. Improving transfer assistance and guidelines would undoubtedly be helpful as well. I feel that I was thrown under the bus and I have disgust for them.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Unfair pay
working in carmax for carquest was enjoyable
ISSP - PARTS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 16, 2017
good communication with management. not having a secure contract with carmax, was an obstical. work hours were reletively fair. pay and bonus schedule was fair
Pros
pay
Cons
decisions from 1200 miles away
productivity
Auto Parts Handler (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 10, 2017
A typical day, it was long day, fast paced, the fun part of job, was competing to win weekly bouns, for pulling the most car parts for the week, i enjoyed my coworkers
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
long days