CARQUEST Auto Parts Employee Reviews

fun place to work ,good enviroment, good employees to work with
Auto Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, NCJanuary 7, 2017
Hello my time there was short had benefits long hours not enough vacation time good work place but not a place to build a future steady work ,thank you.
Pros
good benfits, close to home, steady payckeck, good work enviroment
Cons
not enough vacation time, not enough help, hard manager to work with
interesting days of telling jokes, laughing and building customer relations
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Valatie, NYFebruary 15, 2017
a small operation with many years of knowledge and experience. they have a small staff who pay attention to detail and go above and beyond to help each and every customer.
Pros
good pay and benefits.
Cons
no staffing, the place is run with 2 people and a driver.
Okay
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 13, 2016
It was a good place to work. A lot of turn over though. Not enough payroll budget to effectively grow business. Benefits were good and bonuses were good.
Prodictive workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILOctober 4, 2016
A typical day at work is pretty busy. I've learned that teamwork really does get the job done. If everyone is focused and comes to work with a positive mind, the day will get by faster. The management could have been better. It was a bit unorganized. The coworkers was flexible to work with and each and everyone of them had a positive attitude at the company. The hardest part of the job was hitting numbers when we did not have enough workers to complete the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was how everyone came together as a team and out forth dedication to get the job done for the day.
Pros
Decent breaks
Cons
not enough employees
Needs better management.
Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAOctober 13, 2016
I absolutely love my job! I love interacting with people, solving their everyday issues for their companies, working with my fellow co-workers, and overall making everyone's day that much better! I really wish management knew what they were doing, they seem like they graduated college with business certifications and have no actual on the job experience. They're all politics.....
productive and fast paced enviroment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lynwood Center, WADecember 26, 2016
stock parts when not making deliveries and work the register. I learned a lot about the automotive industry. Management was good. Co workers we ok. The hardest part of the job was finding some of the places I had to deliver too. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people and customer satisfaction!
Pros
discount auto parts, deliver in their vehicle
Cons
getting stuck in traffic
Great Company
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 2, 2017
The company usually promotes within. There are lots of different types of jobs available. The company was very supportive of higher education and promotion. I actually worked for them 3 different times.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pays a little less than competition
Fun workplace but no chance of advancement
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Parkvile moFebruary 2, 2017
I loved my customers and loved what I did. I just didn't like the low chance of advancement. Carquest was bought out by Advance and because of the change over no advancement opportunities were available for awhile.
Productive, auto parts knowledge, customer service
Delivery Driver/ stock (Former Employee) –  Denver, NCSeptember 22, 2016
Long work days, met a lot of people threw delivering parts. We all worked together to get the job done. Management worked with you. My co workers were great, fun to work with. The hardest part was lifting heavy parts for heavy equipment. I was responsible to keep stock in order, treating delivery truck like my own vechicle. Keeping invoices in order and get signatures for payment.
It's a low paying job and no chance to improve pay
Team Member Parts Delivery (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GA 31904September 5, 2016
Great people to work with in the store(s) and meeting with the customers on delivery and try to accommodate their requests in providing timely deliveries of product.
Learned to not let people get under your skin,
Management cares little for increases in your pay
there is no hard part to the job, it is actually enjoyable.
Pros
part time, no big deal if you don't show for work
Cons
no full time positions available for delivery drivers
Great atmosphere
Driver (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 28, 2016
Good place to work. Friendly people. Easy to learn. Would recommend this job to anyone. Only downside is there are no benefits.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Impossible to move up within company
extremely short Hours and
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 13, 2017
15 Hours per week at $8.50 per hour and only 15 hours per week deliver auto parts to shops and Garages Plus we delivered Washer Fluid and Anti Freeze and and Batteries
Pros
get discounts on parts
Cons
no lunch and short Hours
N/a
Driver (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2016
Great place to work, I was there for 2 years and i liked it but i think that the management was not fair with days off and how they worked with some of the rules.
fun place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 13, 2016
Loved working there, drove to different locations and did paperwork daily, I started driving then I advanced to cahier and supervisor, I was over 3 people. had my set of keys to the store along with alarm code. I opened and closed and did deposits for them also.
fast pace
General Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHOctober 22, 2016
Great place to work. Can be challenging sometimes but it keeps you on your toes. Always something different, most people are easy to deal with and really appreciate it when you help them in there time of need. No one likes it when they are having car trouble.
Great work enviroment, lacking advancement and support.
Customer service rep (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 3, 2014
A typical work day starts at 5pm and it begins by me helping our customers acquire their needs aka auto parts to move production, and also doing inventory throughout our store making sure we have the necessary parts upon request. I am basically my own boss I do have my set schedule to abide by but I am in the store alone all night with keys to the building and our lock codes at the ready. My day ends at 4am and it ends with me securing each exit and making sure everything is off and locked down before I head home for the night. I am a people person and love my co-workers have a great relationship with all of them. My management her at Carquest on paper is OK and friendly but when it comes to advancement and support it is lacking.
Pros
Secure employment
Cons
Poor compensation, lacking management, poor benefits
productive workplace
Carquest team member pending order for car parts. (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 17, 2016
I feel it a productive workplace a little unorganized. I like my job and learned very quickly and got very good quick .if I had a choice I would choose to be in more upbeat environment because employees are rude at CARQUEST but other than that I like the fast pace helping customers.
Pros
full time alot of overtime
Cons
hostility, childish behavior from certain employees
Good customer base, ample pay, supportive management
Hired on to be one of three salesman (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 2, 2015
This was an outside sales job for the greater Spokane and CDA markets. The company supplied extensive training to improve tactics and skills. We had a group of salesman for the area which helped spread out the tasks associated with the management of such a large group of installer customers. We provided training to the shop owners for better management and profitability of the shop as well as technical training for the lead and journeyman techs We promoted our business through regular sales calls, equipment shows, golf tournaments and customer appreciation days which allowed us to get to a deeper level of relation with our customers and their staff.
Pros
Great comradery, benefits and staff, wonderful customers
Cons
lots of wear and tear on personal vehicle
I enjoyed working for them
Customer Service/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILSeptember 2, 2016
learned a lot at this company regarding parts.mostly auto parts.I didn't stay but 6 yrs there. But when I was there I traveled to to Carquests warehouses to train new employees.
Pros
traveled to new warehouses that opened up and trained new employess.
Cons
the 8 points system they used for days off or tardies.
customer service/assistant manager
Assistant Store Manger (Current Employee) –  Northport, ALJanuary 20, 2015
Learned more about my job related skills that I have had the opportunity to improve and made advancement. Was recognized for my dedication and hard work. Co-workers are a joy to be around work with. Hardest part is not being able to relocate to be with my fiancee and family that lives in scottsboro/huntsville, alabama area. Commuting to my job and responsibilties has become financially a struggle due to the distance of traveling back and forth. looking to re-locate to a store within our corporate district.
Pros
benefits : health, dental, vision, prescrition benefits, vacation, 401k
Cons
advancement opportunities, miscellaneous etc....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CARQUEST Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.