CARQUEST Auto Parts Employee Reviews in United States

fun work place
parts counter person (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 29, 2016
I really loved working with the public and helping people with there automotive needs. Learning things about cars I didn't know.
Pros
working in automotive field
Cons
was only part time
good people to work with.
Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 11, 2016
While the people are great to work with. The corporate side doesn't seem to listen to those good people who actually do the work that makes the company as successful as it is.
Nice place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 3, 2016
This place is good to work for, the area manager may need a little more training as far as being the area manager. Manager was awesome, very caring man.
Pros
Nice work place
Cons
Area Manaager
Great atmosphere
Driver (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 28, 2016
Good place to work. Friendly people. Easy to learn. Would recommend this job to anyone. Only downside is there are no benefits.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Impossible to move up within company
job is very busy and fast always haved to be on your toes
Parts counter person (Former Employee) –  Page, AZMarch 21, 2016
parts store is very clean and friendly with costumers and always get what costumers need. older parts and marine parts are best sellers
Pros
when frieght brings everything ordered
Cons
when it doesn't show up
No room for growth
Assistant Manager/Counter Person (Former Employee) –  Campbellsville, KYMarch 18, 2016
As the business was family oriented, there was no room for growth. I obtained my bachelor's degree while employed there, and I wanted to pursue other avenues.
Pros
Good working relationships
Cons
No room for growth
good work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MNFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed working there. I gained much hard work experience while working with other people. Co-workers weren't the best to deal with, as well as the owner.
productive and fun work place
Outside sales, Counter Pro (Former Employee) –  Coleman, WIJanuary 23, 2016
typical day answer phone calls from dealers and fill orders. Handle walk in customers needs. Got along fine with management and co workers. At times to few co workers and to many phones. C
Customers and techs the best.
Pros
enjoy talking with coustomers
Cons
in store alone for short times.
Fast Paced, but rewarding
Stocking Clerk (Current Employee) –  Irwindale, CANovember 17, 2015
A day of work consisted of placing various car parts in their correct locations in a stock room. The car parts varied in size, so there was a challenging aspect to this positon. I learned that with any company, swift and consistent work would ensure success anywhere.
The most enjoyable part was interacting with fellow employees as that made the job more fun. Management was very lenient and was stern when they needed to be.
Pros
Work environment was welcoming
Cons
Can get tedious
Good wrok environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCNovember 4, 2015
Fun workplace with some advancement abiities. The employees are the best assest to this company. They are knowledgeable and service oriented.
fast paced enviroment, fun coworkers
Receptionist/Customer Service/order picker (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILOctober 6, 2015
I enjoyed the fast paced environment and my coworkers were very helpful. I also enjoyed talking with customers and I loved doing billing and credits for all the customers.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
Not the best place for work
Sales Representative/ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  ApopkaSeptember 22, 2015
You work in a male dominant place. For a woman to do the same job, you would not be treated welcome. Mgmt is very mean at times for no reason. Very hard to make complaints of harassment or anything else.
Pros
morning shifts
Cons
Women are not treated fairly
Typical retail/wholesale parts
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 16, 2015
Was a better place to work before being bought out by Advance Auto Parts. Good product lines with even better availability compared to most chain store auto parts. Great co-workers, some really awesome customers.
Pros
Some of the people
Cons
Long hours with very high expectations
Great Part time job
CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 15, 2015
Carquest provide great flexibility and management. I work there for 3 years and it helped as a great part time job for a college student.
Fun job
Parts Chauffeur (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CASeptember 11, 2015
I delivered auto parts to shops. In my down time I tried to stay busy and come up with things to do such as organize the stockroom merchandise that coworkers didn't put away in the right way. I had friendly coworkers, and a good boss. I enjoyed our customers at the shops and getting to know them. I was the face of the company so I made sure they were happy with our products and worked out how to fixed any problems or issues they had.
My job..
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 3, 2015
My job is to deliver car parts to different accounts we sell parts to. I like all of my customers. They make my day go by faster and more exciting. I try to make sure all of the parts are delivered on time. I like to see my customers smiling. They all like me as a driver. Most would be sad to see me leave. I love the customers but I am getting tired of the job. Driving all day has made me not like driving anymore and I would like to find something I will not get sick or tired of doing.
Pros
Seeing people smile, all the customers like me, I am very good with the customers
Cons
Not happy if the parts are late, Sick and tired of driving, customers will be sad to see me leave
productive work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 26, 2015
The job is wonderful. Its very laid back as long as you do your work and find something to do you will always stay buys. my only issue is that there is no room for advancement
Pros
free gas and company cary
Cons
no room for advancement
good
parts handler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 24, 2015
great people and it's an easy fun job for someone who is just graduating and wanting to get a food through the door in the real world.
Pros
good pay, friendly people
Cons
part time
Counter sales and cashier parts delivery (Former Employee) –  montg AlAugust 10, 2015
Would work there again if my knees would allow.
Not enough money due to the fact we had to pull our own parts from the warehouse.
alot of walking climbing stars
Pros
employee discount
Cons
part time no benefits
Good Company to work for.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCAugust 2, 2015
Just like many companies management can make any job worth going to. I have had both kinds. The store I am currently at has a great crew.