CARQUEST Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Good place to work. Company had ESOP program/stock options.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 17, 2017
Best job I ever had. Able to put up money for my retirement down the road. The Sloan family took care of there teammates. Held a couple of mgmt jobs with CQ. Moved for 4 years to Ocala Florida to help build a group of stores back 15 years ago
Pros
Had accompany vehicle/credit card most of my career here
Cons
Privately owned company kept it from being able to compete in its later years
This company is out of business
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedarburg, WIJuly 13, 2017
I can't review this company as it is no longer in business. It was taken over by Advance Auto Parts which is why I left. I have no knowledge of how the new ownership is running things.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INJuly 9, 2017
Enjoyed sales and learning the business. Talking with new customers and older motorheads. Some days were slow but a good job when I needed it. Had a lot of good days there
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Competition
driver position was enjoyable
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 28, 2017
The position started out ok, but as time went on I grew frustrated by the driving in traffic all day. I was told there was a chance to move into the office taking parts orders form customers, but that never happened
No review
Parts Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 27, 2017
Carquest was bought out by and merged with Advance Auto Parts.

I don't really have any additional comments or review about this job at this time.

No review.
CARQUEST was a great Company
Sr. Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 24, 2017
CARQUEST was a great place to work.

The Company truly cared for it's employees and always strived to do the right thing for the customer and employee.
Company is in trouble
Manager (Current Employee) –  CAJune 13, 2017
Purchased by Advance Auto and the transition has been bungled since the beginning. 4 years later and they still haven't finished. Company could do really well there are some incredible employees but upper management seems to have no vision.
Counter sales
Counter Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 6, 2017
Arrive at 7:30, management at each store was great, co-workers also. Enjoyed the job and helping customers. But corporate started becoming more uncaring about the customers that had kept the stores going.
This is where the salesmanship all started.
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 24, 2017
Lots of internal and corporate support. Started with a great customer base. Lots of manufacturer support and sales promotion to grow the business. Learned a lot about automotive paints, Ignition and diagnostics equipment.
Pros
Culture was awesome
Cons
needed better income
Productive, fast paced job,
Parts Delivery Driver / Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2017
I was a Parts Delivery Driver, Plus Inventory Control associate,
It Was fun Fot to Meet Alot of People through Our Commercial
Customers Clientale, I got to Learn All the Parts in our store, Especially when I would check in Our truck inventory...It was A Great experience.
Pros
Management were very communicated with Employees
Cons
Pay wasnt very Great
Was a cool first job
Sales team driver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 21, 2017
The first job i ever had, pretty much deliver drive and interact with cool customers and clients along the way. Can be a busy day sometimes, but the work environment and the people on the same level as you are all fun to get along with. Pay is fair for what its worth.
Pros
meet awesome clients
Cons
mid level management
customers sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMay 11, 2017
as a sales person your day is all about helping customers to get all the they need or are looking for to get there project done. the first time around and get it done right. You maybe asked by the management team to do other jobs when your not with a customer.
Pays okay but do not plan to stay long term
Parts Associate (Former Employee) –  6520 backlick roadMay 9, 2017
Lack of management, healthcare is expensive, pay isnt bad, expected to do more with less employees. long hours. told to work shifts or else. my store had no assistant managers for 1+ years leaving only the store manager and hes very overworked and expected employees to pick up the extra slack left by not having 2 assistant managers like the other carquest locations. Carquest/Advance is not a horrible company to work for but if you get hired at a bad store your only option is to transfer to another one with more room for growth. I would work for this company again but i'd be very stern in negotiations. Full time means they can schedule whenever they want, regardless of reasonable hours of unavailability. Part time employees get no health benefits and only slightly more flexibility in hours of availability. Company will have you doing higher up jobs for years before a pay raise or promotion.
This was only a temporary job until a better job could be found
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNMay 9, 2017
I worked here for only a short time as I was looking for a better paying job. The work was not hard at all but it just did not hold my interest. I was not busy enough.
Pros
management
Cons
usually only 15 minutes for lunch
Good warehouse job
Stocking Supervisor Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 28, 2017
Good warehouse job where I learned all aspects of warehouse work. I also learned management skills there as well. Great team and great people to work for.
Pros
Fun, and upbeat atmoshpere
Cons
no growth
Retail
Counter sales (Former Employee) –  Friendship, WIApril 27, 2017
I got to talk to customers and help them find things in the store or order the right part from DC. The best was learning how to mix paint! I did get to do a lot of computer work but that was my second favorite thing
Good start for a job in auto parts.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHApril 14, 2017
Starting at car quest is a good idea for those who want to get basic knowledge of auto parts or those who are thinking of becoming mechanics or salesmen.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not good money
Good place
LOOP DRIVER (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 12, 2017
Good place to work for not enough room for advancement. They are willing to work with your schedule and if you go to college they work around that. Management easy to get along with
Carquest is now part of Advance Auto Parts
Sales and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 25, 2017
Carquest is no longer it's own company. It was purchased by Advance Auto Parts a few years ago. Carquest was a great company with even better people. I'm sad it was sold, because it has now been absorbed by a "big box" retailer in Advance, which often times sells cheap parts for cheap prices. It lacks the family feel as well.
no longer around
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Snohomish, WAMarch 8, 2017
carquest was great.I kept busy all day long. I met a lot of people and helped a lot as well. it always had the old school auto parts store feel with grease and all