CARQUEST Auto Parts Employee Reviews

This is where the salesmanship all started.
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 24, 2017
Lots of internal and corporate support. Started with a great customer base. Lots of manufacturer support and sales promotion to grow the business. Learned a lot about automotive paints, Ignition and diagnostics equipment.
Pros
Culture was awesome
Cons
needed better income
Productive, fast paced job,
Parts Delivery Driver / Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2017
I was a Parts Delivery Driver, Plus Inventory Control associate,
It Was fun Fot to Meet Alot of People through Our Commercial
Customers Clientale, I got to Learn All the Parts in our store, Especially when I would check in Our truck inventory...It was A Great experience.
Pros
Management were very communicated with Employees
Cons
Pay wasnt very Great
Was a cool first job
Sales team driver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 21, 2017
The first job i ever had, pretty much deliver drive and interact with cool customers and clients along the way. Can be a busy day sometimes, but the work environment and the people on the same level as you are all fun to get along with. Pay is fair for what its worth.
Pros
meet awesome clients
Cons
mid level management
customers sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMay 11, 2017
as a sales person your day is all about helping customers to get all the they need or are looking for to get there project done. the first time around and get it done right. You maybe asked by the management team to do other jobs when your not with a customer.
Pays okay but do not plan to stay long term
Parts Associate (Former Employee) –  6520 backlick roadMay 9, 2017
Lack of management, healthcare is expensive, pay isnt bad, expected to do more with less employees. long hours. told to work shifts or else. my store had no assistant managers for 1+ years leaving only the store manager and hes very overworked and expected employees to pick up the extra slack left by not having 2 assistant managers like the other carquest locations. Carquest/Advance is not a horrible company to work for but if you get hired at a bad store your only option is to transfer to another one with more room for growth. I would work for this company again but i'd be very stern in negotiations. Full time means they can schedule whenever they want, regardless of reasonable hours of unavailability. Part time employees get no health benefits and only slightly more flexibility in hours of availability. Company will have you doing higher up jobs for years before a pay raise or promotion.
This was only a temporary job until a better job could be found
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNMay 9, 2017
I worked here for only a short time as I was looking for a better paying job. The work was not hard at all but it just did not hold my interest. I was not busy enough.
Pros
management
Cons
usually only 15 minutes for lunch
Good warehouse job
Stocking Supervisor Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 28, 2017
Good warehouse job where I learned all aspects of warehouse work. I also learned management skills there as well. Great team and great people to work for.
Pros
Fun, and upbeat atmoshpere
Cons
no growth
Retail
Counter sales (Former Employee) –  Friendship, WIApril 27, 2017
I got to talk to customers and help them find things in the store or order the right part from DC. The best was learning how to mix paint! I did get to do a lot of computer work but that was my second favorite thing
Good start for a job in auto parts.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHApril 14, 2017
Starting at car quest is a good idea for those who want to get basic knowledge of auto parts or those who are thinking of becoming mechanics or salesmen.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not good money
Good place
LOOP DRIVER (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 12, 2017
Good place to work for not enough room for advancement. They are willing to work with your schedule and if you go to college they work around that. Management easy to get along with
Carquest is now part of Advance Auto Parts
Sales and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 25, 2017
Carquest is no longer it's own company. It was purchased by Advance Auto Parts a few years ago. Carquest was a great company with even better people. I'm sad it was sold, because it has now been absorbed by a "big box" retailer in Advance, which often times sells cheap parts for cheap prices. It lacks the family feel as well.
no longer around
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Snohomish, WAMarch 8, 2017
carquest was great.I kept busy all day long. I met a lot of people and helped a lot as well. it always had the old school auto parts store feel with grease and all
mike
Inventory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forked River, NJMarch 6, 2017
mike was the best . store closed down so none of this matter forked river wasn't a fun drive the coffee place always smelled great there were people runnig
Great place
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 1, 2017
Good working enviroment friendly place great advancement opportunities many things to learn people are friendly. Gotta have people skills an multitask.
Pros
Great opportunities
Cons
Crazy schedules
interesting days of telling jokes, laughing and building customer relations
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Valatie, NYFebruary 15, 2017
a small operation with many years of knowledge and experience. they have a small staff who pay attention to detail and go above and beyond to help each and every customer.
Pros
good pay and benefits.
Cons
no staffing, the place is run with 2 people and a driver.
Great Company
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 2, 2017
The company usually promotes within. There are lots of different types of jobs available. The company was very supportive of higher education and promotion. I actually worked for them 3 different times.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pays a little less than competition
Fun workplace but no chance of advancement
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Parkvile moFebruary 2, 2017
I loved my customers and loved what I did. I just didn't like the low chance of advancement. Carquest was bought out by Advance and because of the change over no advancement opportunities were available for awhile.
extremely short Hours and
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 13, 2017
15 Hours per week at $8.50 per hour and only 15 hours per week deliver auto parts to shops and Garages Plus we delivered Washer Fluid and Anti Freeze and and Batteries
Pros
get discounts on parts
Cons
no lunch and short Hours
fun place to work ,good enviroment, good employees to work with
Auto Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, NCJanuary 7, 2017
Hello my time there was short had benefits long hours not enough vacation time good work place but not a place to build a future steady work ,thank you.
Pros
good benfits, close to home, steady payckeck, good work enviroment
Cons
not enough vacation time, not enough help, hard manager to work with
productive and fast paced enviroment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lynwood Center, WADecember 26, 2016
stock parts when not making deliveries and work the register. I learned a lot about the automotive industry. Management was good. Co workers we ok. The hardest part of the job was finding some of the places I had to deliver too. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people and customer satisfaction!
Pros
discount auto parts, deliver in their vehicle
Cons
getting stuck in traffic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CARQUEST Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9