CARQUEST Auto Parts

CARQUEST Auto Parts Employer Reviews

Nice place to work, good understanding co-workers
PARTS DELIVERY AND INVENTORY CONTROL (Former Employee), AlbuquerqueNovember 19, 2014
Pros: drove a lot, lots of time to think. management. co-workers
Would deliver parts to commercial account customers. The job was not all that difficult. The hardest part was dealing with account disputes resulting from a customer that had not paid their bills yet. The company was understanding even in difficult situations like that.

I enjoyed being out on the road and getting to talk to the customers during deliveries.
Enjoyable job loved dealing with the public
Driver (Former Employee), Kearney Mesa, CA.November 15, 2014
I was a delivery driver for auto parts. I was responsible for invoices, parts and overall customer care. I enjoyed people interaction.
A changing company
Business Technologies Manager (Current Employee), Armonk, NYNovember 12, 2014
Pros: genuine feeling that we're making a difference
Cons: long term uncertainty
Being onboard through two acquisitions has been very interesting. Those who are left have seen a lot of changes, while the end result has yet to be seen.

I've learned a lot about the automotive aftermarket working directly with DC Operations and store level management, training users on the company's point of sale system. I've enjoyed working with, – more... and training store owners, essentially helping them run their business more efficiently and effectively. I've built a lot of excellent relationships, with the role being partly and unofficially a technical sales position. While my expertise in the application software is the primary focus of my role, much of my day to day falls outside of the technical aspect, with many users calling my department for advice in nearly anything business related. I enjoy that we're considered a full service, one call resolution for whatever comes our way. – less
My enjoyable job with car parts.
Retail sales and Customer Service (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 3, 2014
Pros: helping others find the answers to car problems
Cons: getting a little dirty and greasy everyday.
Open store, get the computers up and running, answer the phones and take customers orders, check in stock from shipment, process the returns, deliver parts to commercial customers, processing bank deposits, faxing information when needed, researching for hard to find parts, stocking shelves, house keeping with in the store, at some point take lunch,close – more... the store and total registers for the day. – less
good place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAMMATE (Current Employee), Corning, NYNovember 2, 2014
management easy to get along with, fun job. busy at times, but not too crazy all the time
Not the best job for advancement
Driver & Sales worker (Current Employee), Cocoa, FLNovember 1, 2014
they treat there employees unfairly the benefits are too expensive they only give there part time employees 20 hours a week and the pay is unfair for those who been there longer.
N/A
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAOctober 29, 2014
Rather not discuss, enjoyed working with my crew and the public. Very limited resources!
N/A
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAOctober 29, 2014
fun place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Clear Brook, VAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: great place
Cons: insurance
you get to meet interesting customers, and was a great place to work at.
horrible place to work!!
counterperson (Former Employee), sanford meOctober 23, 2014
Pros: experience in parts
Cons: everything else
Work in sanford me store for four years never had any problems got fired because a woman bought coolant stop leak and poured it in her engine! Never asked about product just took off shelf and bought it then it was my fault! Horrible management and no room for advancement stay away!!!
Terrible work enviorment
Delivery Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee), Roswell, NMOctober 8, 2014
Cons: everything
No on site job training,poor management, poor work ethics, no team moral (every man for himself) extremely hostile work environment. The pay is not worth putting up with this type of behavior on a daily bases as you'll only get $8.00 an hour.
retail
Associate Store Manager (Current Employee), Bryan, TXOctober 8, 2014
slow moving to upper management, pay is not equal to experience.
Enjoyable place to work for
Delivery driver (Former Employee), Florissant, MOOctober 6, 2014
deliver car parts, clean up store when needed. Got along real well with the co workers. Would recommend this job to others.
fun workplace
Parts Driver (Current Employee), Murray, UTOctober 2, 2014
I go and deliver parts on down time I stock shelfs. My co-workers are fun to work with. my hardest part of the job multiple delivery's, I most enjoy about the job is being trusted to be on my own
Productive and fun workplace.
Parts Salesman (Former Employee), Leadville, COSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: family owned
Cons: no lunch breaks.
A typical day at work would involve helping customers find the parts and accessories needed in a timely manner. When not doing that, I would be running deliveries to local shops.

I learned a good bit about heavy equipment and outside sourcing, although the system was confusing at times while placing orders.

Management was friendly and easy to get – more... along with. Really makes work a nice place to be when you have managers that can keep the business going while maintaining a sense of a relaxed environment. When a business is family owned and operated typically the work environment is close to ideal. – less
BUSY
Driver/ Sales (Former Employee), Santa Maria, CASeptember 24, 2014
BENEFITS ARE AVAILABLE SOME STAFF WAS OK TO WORK WITH A LOT OF DRAMA
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee), Manvel, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Provided friendly store-front sales support to walk-in clients with specific inquiries. Ensured timely delivery services for trucking and commercial parts supplier. Established good rapport with clientele for repeat deliveries and promoted high customer satisfaction.
deliver parts, work counter
delievery driver/customer service (Former Employee), KentuckySeptember 17, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: bad upper management
Worked there for 4 years and dealt with a lot of bad management and favoritism. Never would get offered full time employment and when the store closed I had worked there longer than any other team member. I feel like I worked extremely hard and put up with a lot of stuff to try to increase sales and turn the store around and didn't get any recognition – more... for it and I wasn't the only one who felt this way. I never called in, if I did it was about twice a year at the most. Others in the store were being treated the same way. Was suppose to receive bonuses when the store made plan, but never did. Then they come in and give us less then a months notice that they are shutting the store down and either you accept a position at other store in another town or you go home, which I went home. I stayed the whole time and helped get the store shut down and on the last day that we were opened for business I never even received a thanks for all the help or any kind of thanks for all the work that I had put in over the years. Mainly upper management was the problem. As long as they get there huge paycheck they could care less about the people who actually keep the wheels turning. I'm sure its not this way company wide but it was in my area. – less
Retail auto parts
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Noblesville, INSeptember 14, 2014
A typical day at this job, is attending to a customer in need of auto parts. Commercial accounts required parts delivery. I enjoyed providing customers requests with parts that are needed.
Short stay under the worst manager i have ever experienced
third keyholder: realy assistant manger (Former Employee), Helotes txSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: was a small company with pretty good communication
Cons: little advancement, no support, lots of things were obsolete.
It was a time of change the company had just been sold after years of trying. I thought this would be a good thing didn't get the chance to find out. The owners had deliberately no invested in the company instead buiding a large cash resreve as a candy to make it more attractive.

1 2 3 4 5