CARQUEST Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Manager Auto Parts (Former Employee) –  Hurley, VAAugust 18, 2017
Auto parts sales and deliveries, meeting new customers setting up commercial accounts. Computer use for stocking and inventory control, cleaning and maintaining store.
Pros
learning all about parts
Lack of managment
Parts Handler (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 18, 2017
It use to be a great company to work for. But now since there is different management there, it has not been that great of a place to work for. Management never took care of any problems that happen there neither did HR. The employees back stab other employees. They would make it a drama place. Not a great working environment is what they would make it as. No one would work as a team. Like you should. Overall with the company, I'm disappointed.
Pros
Use to have great managment
Cons
Poor work environment
I cannot offer a fair review of this company
Shuttle Driver/Loop Driver (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAAugust 17, 2017
I cannot offer a fair review of this company. I would still be there but I had to leave after working there 9 years. My housing rent was increasing and as my wages were stagnant, I occasionally worked some overtime, which was readjusted before payday, yielding 40 hours exactly and no way to prove the fraud. I was pending losing all and so I chose to leave the job to help family instead so I would not end up on the street. Improving transfer assistance and guidelines would undoubtedly be helpful as well. I feel that I was thrown under the bus and I have disgust for them.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Unfair pay
working in carmax for carquest was enjoyable
ISSP - PARTS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 16, 2017
good communication with management. not having a secure contract with carmax, was an obstical. work hours were reletively fair. pay and bonus schedule was fair
Pros
pay
Cons
decisions from 1200 miles away
productivity
Auto Parts Handler (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 10, 2017
A typical day, it was long day, fast paced, the fun part of job, was competing to win weekly bouns, for pulling the most car parts for the week, i enjoyed my coworkers
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
long days
Easy not good pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJuly 31, 2017
Not very challenging, easy job, good benefits, very nice people to work with and for, can be stressful as driving conditions change, not a clean environment to work in
Pros
Great benefits and opportunity to grow
Cons
Short lunch, have to deal with traffic and weater conditions
Good place to work. Company had ESOP program/stock options.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 17, 2017
Best job I ever had. Able to put up money for my retirement down the road. The Sloan family took care of there teammates. Held a couple of mgmt jobs with CQ. Moved for 4 years to Ocala Florida to help build a group of stores back 15 years ago
Pros
Had accompany vehicle/credit card most of my career here
Cons
Privately owned company kept it from being able to compete in its later years
This company is out of business
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedarburg, WIJuly 13, 2017
I can't review this company as it is no longer in business. It was taken over by Advance Auto Parts which is why I left. I have no knowledge of how the new ownership is running things.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INJuly 9, 2017
Enjoyed sales and learning the business. Talking with new customers and older motorheads. Some days were slow but a good job when I needed it. Had a lot of good days there
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Competition
driver position was enjoyable
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 28, 2017
The position started out ok, but as time went on I grew frustrated by the driving in traffic all day. I was told there was a chance to move into the office taking parts orders form customers, but that never happened
No review
Parts Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 27, 2017
Carquest was bought out by and merged with Advance Auto Parts.

I don't really have any additional comments or review about this job at this time.

No review.
CARQUEST was a great Company
Sr. Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 24, 2017
CARQUEST was a great place to work.

The Company truly cared for it's employees and always strived to do the right thing for the customer and employee.
Company is in trouble
Manager (Current Employee) –  CAJune 13, 2017
Purchased by Advance Auto and the transition has been bungled since the beginning. 4 years later and they still haven't finished. Company could do really well there are some incredible employees but upper management seems to have no vision.
Counter sales
Counter Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 6, 2017
Arrive at 7:30, management at each store was great, co-workers also. Enjoyed the job and helping customers. But corporate started becoming more uncaring about the customers that had kept the stores going.
This is where the salesmanship all started.
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 24, 2017
Lots of internal and corporate support. Started with a great customer base. Lots of manufacturer support and sales promotion to grow the business. Learned a lot about automotive paints, Ignition and diagnostics equipment.
Pros
Culture was awesome
Cons
needed better income
Productive, fast paced job,
Parts Delivery Driver / Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2017
I was a Parts Delivery Driver, Plus Inventory Control associate,
It Was fun Fot to Meet Alot of People through Our Commercial
Customers Clientale, I got to Learn All the Parts in our store, Especially when I would check in Our truck inventory...It was A Great experience.
Pros
Management were very communicated with Employees
Cons
Pay wasnt very Great
Was a cool first job
Sales team driver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 21, 2017
The first job i ever had, pretty much deliver drive and interact with cool customers and clients along the way. Can be a busy day sometimes, but the work environment and the people on the same level as you are all fun to get along with. Pay is fair for what its worth.
Pros
meet awesome clients
Cons
mid level management
customers sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMay 11, 2017
as a sales person your day is all about helping customers to get all the they need or are looking for to get there project done. the first time around and get it done right. You maybe asked by the management team to do other jobs when your not with a customer.
Pays okay but do not plan to stay long term
Parts Associate (Former Employee) –  6520 backlick roadMay 9, 2017
Lack of management, healthcare is expensive, pay isnt bad, expected to do more with less employees. long hours. told to work shifts or else. my store had no assistant managers for 1+ years leaving only the store manager and hes very overworked and expected employees to pick up the extra slack left by not having 2 assistant managers like the other carquest locations. Carquest/Advance is not a horrible company to work for but if you get hired at a bad store your only option is to transfer to another one with more room for growth. I would work for this company again but i'd be very stern in negotiations. Full time means they can schedule whenever they want, regardless of reasonable hours of unavailability. Part time employees get no health benefits and only slightly more flexibility in hours of availability. Company will have you doing higher up jobs for years before a pay raise or promotion.
This was only a temporary job until a better job could be found
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNMay 9, 2017
I worked here for only a short time as I was looking for a better paying job. The work was not hard at all but it just did not hold my interest. I was not busy enough.
Pros
management
Cons
usually only 15 minutes for lunch