CARQUEST Auto Parts Employee Reviews

good work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MNFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed working there. I gained much hard work experience while working with other people. Co-workers weren't the best to deal with, as well as the owner.
productive and fun work place
Outside sales, Counter Pro (Former Employee) –  Coleman, WIJanuary 23, 2016
typical day answer phone calls from dealers and fill orders. Handle walk in customers needs. Got along fine with management and co workers. At times to few co workers and to many phones. C
Customers and techs the best.
Pros
enjoy talking with coustomers
Cons
in store alone for short times.
Fast Paced, but rewarding
Stocking Clerk (Current Employee) –  Irwindale, CANovember 17, 2015
A day of work consisted of placing various car parts in their correct locations in a stock room. The car parts varied in size, so there was a challenging aspect to this positon. I learned that with any company, swift and consistent work would ensure success anywhere.
The most enjoyable part was interacting with fellow employees as that made the job more fun. Management was very lenient and was stern when they needed to be.
Pros
Work environment was welcoming
Cons
Can get tedious
Good wrok environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCNovember 4, 2015
Fun workplace with some advancement abiities. The employees are the best assest to this company. They are knowledgeable and service oriented.
fast paced enviroment, fun coworkers
Receptionist/Customer Service/order picker (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILOctober 6, 2015
I enjoyed the fast paced environment and my coworkers were very helpful. I also enjoyed talking with customers and I loved doing billing and credits for all the customers.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
Not the best place for work
Sales Representative/ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  ApopkaSeptember 22, 2015
You work in a male dominant place. For a woman to do the same job, you would not be treated welcome. Mgmt is very mean at times for no reason. Very hard to make complaints of harassment or anything else.
Pros
morning shifts
Cons
Women are not treated fairly
Typical retail/wholesale parts
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 16, 2015
Was a better place to work before being bought out by Advance Auto Parts. Good product lines with even better availability compared to most chain store auto parts. Great co-workers, some really awesome customers.
Pros
Some of the people
Cons
Long hours with very high expectations
Great Part time job
CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 15, 2015
Carquest provide great flexibility and management. I work there for 3 years and it helped as a great part time job for a college student.
Fun job
Parts Chauffeur (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CASeptember 11, 2015
I delivered auto parts to shops. In my down time I tried to stay busy and come up with things to do such as organize the stockroom merchandise that coworkers didn't put away in the right way. I had friendly coworkers, and a good boss. I enjoyed our customers at the shops and getting to know them. I was the face of the company so I made sure they were happy with our products and worked out how to fixed any problems or issues they had.
My job..
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 3, 2015
My job is to deliver car parts to different accounts we sell parts to. I like all of my customers. They make my day go by faster and more exciting. I try to make sure all of the parts are delivered on time. I like to see my customers smiling. They all like me as a driver. Most would be sad to see me leave. I love the customers but I am getting tired of the job. Driving all day has made me not like driving anymore and I would like to find something I will not get sick or tired of doing.
Pros
Seeing people smile, all the customers like me, I am very good with the customers
Cons
Not happy if the parts are late, Sick and tired of driving, customers will be sad to see me leave
productive work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 26, 2015
The job is wonderful. Its very laid back as long as you do your work and find something to do you will always stay buys. my only issue is that there is no room for advancement
Pros
free gas and company cary
Cons
no room for advancement
good
parts handler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 24, 2015
great people and it's an easy fun job for someone who is just graduating and wanting to get a food through the door in the real world.
Pros
good pay, friendly people
Cons
part time
Counter sales and cashier parts delivery (Former Employee) –  montg AlAugust 10, 2015
Would work there again if my knees would allow.
Not enough money due to the fact we had to pull our own parts from the warehouse.
alot of walking climbing stars
Pros
employee discount
Cons
part time no benefits
Good Company to work for.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCAugust 2, 2015
Just like many companies management can make any job worth going to. I have had both kinds. The store I am currently at has a great crew.
Fast paced job
Caquest Courier (Current Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLJuly 26, 2015
Very time consuming yet exciting job. If you are a car enthusiast and enjoy gaining knowledge, then this is the job for you. Constantly learning about every car part and tool in this industry on a daily basis. As a Carquest courier, you are almost always on the road in every weather condition and have to learn to apply safety and effective mobility to your everyday driving. Your safety and correct material or parts delivered in a timely manor are what is most important to this company.
Pros
Long hours, Awesome Management, Flexible Schedules
Cons
Cut of hours, Bought out by another company, No advancement, Hiring freeze
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/ Delivery Part Pro (Former Employee) –  Grayslake, ILJuly 12, 2015
stocking parts identifying labels organize parts delivering parts to customer how to give great customer service management its average overall co workers where very friendly nice to work together as a team the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to delivers parts to our daily customers
Pros
break in between deliveries
Cons
short lunch
Great atmosphere and a diverse yet great people to work with.
Auto Parts Handler/ Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Armonk, NYJuly 5, 2015
Home away from home. A great experience on a daily basis. New challenges and great team spirit makes a typical day at work overly overwhelming.
easy job not very exciting
parts runner (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 4, 2015
It was an easy job but it was hard waking up every morning knowing i had to go there to work...not a very exciting job. The staff is friendly and nice.
Pros
Discounted car parts
Cons
part-time employees don't get any benefits
Many Opportunities
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 28, 2015
Co-workers where good to work with and very willing to help teach you how to complete a task. I generally looked forward to going to work each day.
always some thing diffrent
Parts Salesperson, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 12, 2015
Fast pace, never the same thing. A lot of problem solving. I learned a lot about different cars and pickups .The management was always changing. the co-workers were very helpful. the best part was the customers and co-workers.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no advancement