CARQUEST Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Fun workplace but no chance of advancement
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Parkvile moFebruary 2, 2017
I loved my customers and loved what I did. I just didn't like the low chance of advancement. Carquest was bought out by Advance and because of the change over no advancement opportunities were available for awhile.
extremely short Hours and
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 13, 2017
15 Hours per week at $8.50 per hour and only 15 hours per week deliver auto parts to shops and Garages Plus we delivered Washer Fluid and Anti Freeze and and Batteries
Pros
get discounts on parts
Cons
no lunch and short Hours
fun place to work ,good enviroment, good employees to work with
Auto Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, NCJanuary 7, 2017
Hello my time there was short had benefits long hours not enough vacation time good work place but not a place to build a future steady work ,thank you.
Pros
good benfits, close to home, steady payckeck, good work enviroment
Cons
not enough vacation time, not enough help, hard manager to work with
productive and fast paced enviroment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lynwood Center, WADecember 26, 2016
stock parts when not making deliveries and work the register. I learned a lot about the automotive industry. Management was good. Co workers we ok. The hardest part of the job was finding some of the places I had to deliver too. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people and customer satisfaction!
Pros
discount auto parts, deliver in their vehicle
Cons
getting stuck in traffic
fun place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 13, 2016
Loved working there, drove to different locations and did paperwork daily, I started driving then I advanced to cahier and supervisor, I was over 3 people. had my set of keys to the store along with alarm code. I opened and closed and did deposits for them also.
Okay
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 13, 2016
It was a good place to work. A lot of turn over though. Not enough payroll budget to effectively grow business. Benefits were good and bonuses were good.
N/a
Driver (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2016
Great place to work, I was there for 2 years and i liked it but i think that the management was not fair with days off and how they worked with some of the rules.
fast pace
General Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHOctober 22, 2016
Great place to work. Can be challenging sometimes but it keeps you on your toes. Always something different, most people are easy to deal with and really appreciate it when you help them in there time of need. No one likes it when they are having car trouble.
Needs better management.
Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAOctober 13, 2016
I absolutely love my job! I love interacting with people, solving their everyday issues for their companies, working with my fellow co-workers, and overall making everyone's day that much better! I really wish management knew what they were doing, they seem like they graduated college with business certifications and have no actual on the job experience. They're all politics.....
Prodictive workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILOctober 4, 2016
A typical day at work is pretty busy. I've learned that teamwork really does get the job done. If everyone is focused and comes to work with a positive mind, the day will get by faster. The management could have been better. It was a bit unorganized. The coworkers was flexible to work with and each and everyone of them had a positive attitude at the company. The hardest part of the job was hitting numbers when we did not have enough workers to complete the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was how everyone came together as a team and out forth dedication to get the job done for the day.
Pros
Decent breaks
Cons
not enough employees
Productive, auto parts knowledge, customer service
Delivery Driver/ stock (Former Employee) –  Denver, NCSeptember 22, 2016
Long work days, met a lot of people threw delivering parts. We all worked together to get the job done. Management worked with you. My co workers were great, fun to work with. The hardest part was lifting heavy parts for heavy equipment. I was responsible to keep stock in order, treating delivery truck like my own vechicle. Keeping invoices in order and get signatures for payment.
Laid back and very friendly place
Parts Stocker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 13, 2016
Great place to work even though some major changes, for the positive were happening within the company. Very helpful staff.
Pros
Lots of free lunches, very flexible with work schedule
Cons
Location is nice but a bit out of the way, not really a problem though
It's a low paying job and no chance to improve pay
Team Member Parts Delivery (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GA 31904September 5, 2016
Great people to work with in the store(s) and meeting with the customers on delivery and try to accommodate their requests in providing timely deliveries of product.
Learned to not let people get under your skin,
Management cares little for increases in your pay
there is no hard part to the job, it is actually enjoyable.
Pros
part time, no big deal if you don't show for work
Cons
no full time positions available for delivery drivers
Networking
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Crete, NESeptember 5, 2016
Assistant manager
Anything that needed to be done.
Worked for my father to help out when he had no one else working there. The hardest part of the job was lifting and the customers were always fun to work with.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Commute
I enjoyed working for them
Customer Service/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILSeptember 2, 2016
learned a lot at this company regarding parts.mostly auto parts.I didn't stay but 6 yrs there. But when I was there I traveled to to Carquests warehouses to train new employees.
Pros
traveled to new warehouses that opened up and trained new employess.
Cons
the 8 points system they used for days off or tardies.
Had great products, taken over by coproate mentality
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 25, 2016
As CQ it was a great place for parts availability for customers. Advance Auto has bought it out and taken away all of the positives CQ had. Customers that loved CQ now despise Advance due to policies and lack of parts availability.
Pros
Could cause progress back then
Cons
Advance now owns it
productive workplace
Carquest team member pending order for car parts. (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 17, 2016
I feel it a productive workplace a little unorganized. I like my job and learned very quickly and got very good quick .if I had a choice I would choose to be in more upbeat environment because employees are rude at CARQUEST but other than that I like the fast pace helping customers.
Pros
full time alot of overtime
Cons
hostility, childish behavior from certain employees
Very laid back
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEAugust 14, 2016
Being the only woman working there was a lot fun. Just because I was a woman, the men thought I knew nothing about cars. But I was sure to prove them wrong. If I didn't know, I would take the time to learn.
good place to work
Auto Parts Sales (Former Employee) –  Adams, WIJuly 25, 2016
good place to work, management was pleasant to work with, always felt secure with my job position, g
co workers were good to work with.
Pros
accomodating
Cons
stress
Parts Specialist/delivery (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHJuly 14, 2016
I enjoyed working at Carquest and with the people there. Sadly I had to quit due to a family issue. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and needed my help.