CARQUEST Auto Parts Employee Reviews in United States

productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/ Delivery Part Pro (Former Employee) –  Grayslake, ILJuly 12, 2015
stocking parts identifying labels organize parts delivering parts to customer how to give great customer service management its average overall co workers where very friendly nice to work together as a team the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to delivers parts to our daily customers
Pros
break in between deliveries
Cons
short lunch
Good wrok environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCNovember 4, 2015
Fun workplace with some advancement abiities. The employees are the best assest to this company. They are knowledgeable and service oriented.
productive work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 26, 2015
The job is wonderful. Its very laid back as long as you do your work and find something to do you will always stay buys. my only issue is that there is no room for advancement
Pros
free gas and company cary
Cons
no room for advancement
Counter sales and cashier parts delivery (Former Employee) –  montg AlAugust 10, 2015
Would work there again if my knees would allow.
Not enough money due to the fact we had to pull our own parts from the warehouse.
alot of walking climbing stars
Pros
employee discount
Cons
part time no benefits
Fun place to work with knowledgeable sales people.
Sales Associate and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INMay 8, 2015
Great place to work with fun and friendly staff. The day goes by pretty quickly because we stay busy all day. I answer phones, take orders from commercial accounts and set them up for delivery, order parts if we don't stock them, do new returns and cores and defects and I also open and close the store and help with paperwork. The most enjoyable part of my job is finding a hard to find part for a customer and hearing how happy they are that you can get it for them. The hardest part of my job is those few customers that take their frustrations out on you but I just remind myself that they may be having a hard day and a hard time finding something and not take it personal.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Bought out by Advance Auto Parts
Cool Driving job with automotive connections
Driver (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAApril 21, 2015
I enjoyed driving to the different shops to deliver parts and learning the automotive industry.
My manager was a funny caring guy, willing to work with school schedules. The hardest part of the job is making sure a not to get stuck in traffic in the evening so you can return before your shift is over or before the store closes. You learn punctuality and a strong sense of direction when driving.
Pros
Driving to different cities
Cons
Short Hours
Great Part time job
CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 15, 2015
Carquest provide great flexibility and management. I work there for 3 years and it helped as a great part time job for a college student.
One of the best places I ever worked for
manager (Former Employee) –  Hatboro, PAMarch 6, 2015
Although Carquest has been bought out, Advance wouldn't be my first job change, but those who are true Carquest owners and employee' are the best. I have never worked for a better company. I would go back any time. What i love about them is how they not only train you but give every opportunity to grow and rise within that company. I started out as a driver worked my way up to manager, loved every minute and every day of my entire time there.
Pros
low pressure, senior management involvment, always looking to help you with what ever you needed to get the job done.
Cons
the only con i have is they sold out to advance, would have loved to return to the original company some day.
good
parts handler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 24, 2015
great people and it's an easy fun job for someone who is just graduating and wanting to get a food through the door in the real world.
Pros
good pay, friendly people
Cons
part time
easy job not very exciting
parts runner (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 4, 2015
It was an easy job but it was hard waking up every morning knowing i had to go there to work...not a very exciting job. The staff is friendly and nice.
Pros
Discounted car parts
Cons
part-time employees don't get any benefits
always some thing diffrent
Parts Salesperson, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 12, 2015
Fast pace, never the same thing. A lot of problem solving. I learned a lot about different cars and pickups .The management was always changing. the co-workers were very helpful. the best part was the customers and co-workers.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no advancement
Great atmosphere and a diverse yet great people to work with.
Auto Parts Handler/ Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Armonk, NYJuly 5, 2015
Home away from home. A great experience on a daily basis. New challenges and great team spirit makes a typical day at work overly overwhelming.
Great people, great job, good entry level
Supply Driver (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 5, 2015
Great place to work, can be stressful at times due to traffic and job requirements. Good employee discount. Most days consist of driving in a company car delivering auto parts to local shops.
Pros
Good job good people to work with.
Cons
Pay is low with little room to advance more than a few cents a year.
customer service/assistant manager
Assistant Store Manger (Current Employee) –  Northport, ALJanuary 20, 2015
Learned more about my job related skills that I have had the opportunity to improve and made advancement. Was recognized for my dedication and hard work. Co-workers are a joy to be around work with. Hardest part is not being able to relocate to be with my fiancee and family that lives in scottsboro/huntsville, alabama area. Commuting to my job and responsibilties has become financially a struggle due to the distance of traveling back and forth. looking to re-locate to a store within our corporate district.
Pros
benefits : health, dental, vision, prescrition benefits, vacation, 401k
Cons
advancement opportunities, miscellaneous etc....
Good Company to work for.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCAugust 2, 2015
Just like many companies management can make any job worth going to. I have had both kinds. The store I am currently at has a great crew.
Good customer base, ample pay, supportive management
Hired on to be one of three salesman (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 2, 2015
This was an outside sales job for the greater Spokane and CDA markets. The company supplied extensive training to improve tactics and skills. We had a group of salesman for the area which helped spread out the tasks associated with the management of such a large group of installer customers. We provided training to the shop owners for better management and profitability of the shop as well as technical training for the lead and journeyman techs We promoted our business through regular sales calls, equipment shows, golf tournaments and customer appreciation days which allowed us to get to a deeper level of relation with our customers and their staff.
Pros
great comradery, benefits and staff, wonderful customers
Cons
lots of wear and tear on personal vehicle
It was a great experience working in an auto part warehouse.
Picker/Stock (Former Employee) –  Armonk, NYDecember 7, 2014
- I would go in grab the gun that would tell me what parts to pick and send out. I also stocked the shelves with the car parts. Also made sure everything was neat and in the right spot.
- I learned about different car parts.
- My co-workers were good to me and very friendly. They were fun to work with.
- The hardest part of the job was hitting goal at a certain paste and time. When it got really busy it would get crazy.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know and learn new things. Also learn about different auto parts.
A day at work
Driver/ Warehouse Stock (Former Employee) –  Jefforerson Davis HWY Woodbridge VADecember 22, 2014
Making sure I am ready to take calls at a certain time of the beginning of shift. Make sure I eliminate distractions to focus on incoming calls and automatic out going calls. Check with management to make sure I have the most updated information to deliver to clients. Working with team members to make sure we are all telling clients the same thing and that we all have the most updated information.
Great team and we all work well together, fun place to work
Commercial Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLJanuary 7, 2015
A typical day at work consists of customer service that is number 1. When we are not waiting on customers we make sure the store is clean and all the shelves are full. What I have learned is a lot about agriculture, and heavy duty trucks. The management team is great. My co workers are also great. The hardest part about the job is being a woman in a mans world. For the most part I get the up most respect from the male customers, then you get the one that treat me like I do not belong there and have absolutely no clue what i am doing. Then my male co workers act like they do not have the answers and ask for my help. What I enjoy most about my job is I work with a great team, I will miss them when I leave but I am ready to finally get into the career I have always had the passion for the medical field.
Nice place to work, good understanding co-workers
PARTS DELIVERY AND INVENTORY CONTROL (Former Employee) –  AlbuquerqueNovember 19, 2014
Would deliver parts to commercial account customers. The job was not all that difficult. The hardest part was dealing with account disputes resulting from a customer that had not paid their bills yet. The company was understanding even in difficult situations like that.

I enjoyed being out on the road and getting to talk to the customers during deliveries.
Pros
drove a lot, lots of time to think. management. co-workers

2.9