CARQUEST Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Cool Driving job with automotive connections
Driver (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAApril 21, 2015
I enjoyed driving to the different shops to deliver parts and learning the automotive industry.
My manager was a funny caring guy, willing to work with school schedules. The hardest part of the job is making sure a not to get stuck in traffic in the evening so you can return before your shift is over or before the store closes. You learn punctuality and a strong sense of direction when driving.
Pros
Driving to different cities
Cons
Short Hours
Great people, great job, good entry level
Supply Driver (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 5, 2015
Great place to work, can be stressful at times due to traffic and job requirements. Good employee discount. Most days consist of driving in a company car delivering auto parts to local shops.
Pros
Good job good people to work with.
Cons
Pay is low with little room to advance more than a few cents a year.
i enjoyed my co workers
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALMarch 29, 2015
you did all the work the manager thought he didn't have to do anything but give orders and not a team player and i am. you put up auto parts and helped customers i learned to never treat people like that,
Pros
it was a job
Cons
no help
Great Place to work if you are in a Metroplolitaon are
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORMarch 25, 2015
I love interacting with customers and providing them superior customer service. It is hard when staff is lacking and superiors do not listen.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Low pay less then the national average for similar jobs
One of the best places I ever worked for
manager (Former Employee) –  Hatboro, PAMarch 6, 2015
Although Carquest has been bought out, Advance wouldn't be my first job change, but those who are true Carquest owners and employee' are the best. I have never worked for a better company. I would go back any time. What i love about them is how they not only train you but give every opportunity to grow and rise within that company. I started out as a driver worked my way up to manager, loved every minute and every day of my entire time there.
Pros
low pressure, senior management involvment, always looking to help you with what ever you needed to get the job done.
Cons
the only con i have is they sold out to advance, would have loved to return to the original company some day.
Great experience
Parts counter (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 14, 2015
The company isn't the greatest but the environment is awesome. I love being around car parts and people who share my passion .
Good customer base, ample pay, supportive management
Hired on to be one of three salesman (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 2, 2015
This was an outside sales job for the greater Spokane and CDA markets. The company supplied extensive training to improve tactics and skills. We had a group of salesman for the area which helped spread out the tasks associated with the management of such a large group of installer customers. We provided training to the shop owners for better management and profitability of the shop as well as technical training for the lead and journeyman techs We promoted our business through regular sales calls, equipment shows, golf tournaments and customer appreciation days which allowed us to get to a deeper level of relation with our customers and their staff.
Pros
great comradery, benefits and staff, wonderful customers
Cons
lots of wear and tear on personal vehicle
fun and fast paced except on slow days
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, ALJanuary 23, 2015
stocked invetory delivered parts managed schedule and payroll. this is the 3rd time Ive had to fill this out so im exempting a lot. you can thank indeed. kept store clean assisted customers. maintained delivery vehicle and performed some maintenance on the store.
customer service/assistant manager
Assistant Store Manger (Current Employee) –  Northport, ALJanuary 20, 2015
Learned more about my job related skills that I have had the opportunity to improve and made advancement. Was recognized for my dedication and hard work. Co-workers are a joy to be around work with. Hardest part is not being able to relocate to be with my fiancee and family that lives in scottsboro/huntsville, alabama area. Commuting to my job and responsibilties has become financially a struggle due to the distance of traveling back and forth. looking to re-locate to a store within our corporate district.
Pros
benefits : health, dental, vision, prescrition benefits, vacation, 401k
Cons
advancement opportunities, miscellaneous etc....
productive place to work
Inventory Clerk and Puller (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 15, 2015
you remain busy it is a face pace job filling and puller orders.
Pros
stayed busy
Cons
working the lanes

Want to know more about CARQUEST Auto Parts?

Ask a question
Wonderful
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 8, 2015
First Deli I ever worked in. I learned everything I needed to know to work in a deli and have been able to take those skills with me in other food service fields
Great team and we all work well together, fun place to work
Commercial Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLJanuary 7, 2015
A typical day at work consists of customer service that is number 1. When we are not waiting on customers we make sure the store is clean and all the shelves are full. What I have learned is a lot about agriculture, and heavy duty trucks. The management team is great. My co workers are also great. The hardest part about the job is being a woman in a mans world. For the most part I get the up most respect from the male customers, then you get the one that treat me like I do not belong there and have absolutely no clue what i am doing. Then my male co workers act like they do not have the answers and ask for my help. What I enjoy most about my job is I work with a great team, I will miss them when I leave but I am ready to finally get into the career I have always had the passion for the medical field.
A day at work
Driver/ Warehouse Stock (Former Employee) –  Jefforerson Davis HWY Woodbridge VADecember 22, 2014
Making sure I am ready to take calls at a certain time of the beginning of shift. Make sure I eliminate distractions to focus on incoming calls and automatic out going calls. Check with management to make sure I have the most updated information to deliver to clients. Working with team members to make sure we are all telling clients the same thing and that we all have the most updated information.
Carquest
Retail Sales, Driver (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXDecember 16, 2014
CarQuest was an amazing experience, unfortunately we were bought out by Advanced Auto Parts, and the my store transfer has been horrible.
Easy going job
Customer service rep (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GADecember 9, 2014
Carquest auto parts is an growing company where individuals get to take on roles and learn at a rapid speed. This is an awesome place of business where learning and growing is a plus.
It was a great experience working in an auto part warehouse.
Picker/Stock (Former Employee) –  Armonk, NYDecember 7, 2014
- I would go in grab the gun that would tell me what parts to pick and send out. I also stocked the shelves with the car parts. Also made sure everything was neat and in the right spot.
- I learned about different car parts.
- My co-workers were good to me and very friendly. They were fun to work with.
- The hardest part of the job was hitting goal at a certain paste and time. When it got really busy it would get crazy.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know and learn new things. Also learn about different auto parts.
CarQuest
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILDecember 6, 2014
great job if you like to drive and see nothing but forest preserves and open fields. Fun times and many funny moments with customers and coworkers
Pros
drive all day and see different sites
Cons
too fast pace
This is a great enviroment
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Park HIlls MoDecember 4, 2014
Between the manager and my coworkers, I have a very fun and relaxed work experience.
a great learning experience
Delivery Driver/Teammate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 21, 2014
I went into the medical billing clerk position knowing not a thing about insurance or the clerical business. I took notes and asked questions and within a couple of weeks I was on my own printing off insurance claims, sending requested information to lawyers, patients and insurance companies. I was trained to answer the phones and take payments and note patients accounts. Also update insurance information and changes of address. My coworkers all worked as part of one big team. The hardest part of the job was doing some of the research from yrs back and trying to locate paper files. I would have to say the most enjoyable part was waking up in the morning not dreading the thought of going to work and knowing my day was going to be productive from start to end.
Pros
a real team friendly environment
Nice place to work, good understanding co-workers
PARTS DELIVERY AND INVENTORY CONTROL (Former Employee) –  AlbuquerqueNovember 19, 2014
Would deliver parts to commercial account customers. The job was not all that difficult. The hardest part was dealing with account disputes resulting from a customer that had not paid their bills yet. The company was understanding even in difficult situations like that.

I enjoyed being out on the road and getting to talk to the customers during deliveries.
Pros
drove a lot, lots of time to think. management. co-workers

2.9