CARQUEST Auto Parts

CARQUEST Auto Parts Employer Reviews

Loved the job; hated the the lack of advancement and on the job harassment
Auto Parts Delivery Driver (Former Employee), St Petersburg, FLJuly 26, 2013
Pros: great hours
Cons: lousy harassment follow up and no chance of advancement
Loved the first store I worked in, manager was great. the 2nd, 3rd and 4th stores I worked in, especially the 4th, were intollerable. A fellow employee was continuely harassing me and management did nothing about it.
ok to work for
Warehouse Manager/Counter/Office/Driver Manager (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJuly 25, 2013
Pros: good management
Cons: slow tedious work
The work is tedious and slow. Management is good with their employees.
Transitional Job
Customer Delivery Teammate (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 23, 2013
Pros: occasional free lunches, co-workers
Cons: no breaks, smokers immediately outside the employee door, pay
Typical day at work is getting your car keys (if any are available) and picking up parts to be delivered. I have learned a little bit more about car parts while working here. Management could use a huge improvement. For the most part co-workers are fine. Mostly clique-ish, but everyone manages to get along. Sometimes when the store is slow you put up – more... stock. Usually everything is put up by a certain time and the waiting game begins for a manager to harass you about doing something...Although there is nothing to do. Try to use this as a transitional job. Some of the people that have been there for a while will encourage you to find something else and not spend your years slaving for the company. – less
Carquest auto parts
Parts Sales Driver (Former Employee), Bealeton, VAJuly 7, 2013
Pros: good benefits, no late hours, schedule
Cons: management switched al ot
My schedule was more stable at carquest I generally knew when I was going to be off, or having to work. If I needed time off I could generally request it off. We didn't work extremely late hours and I had a lot more time with my son. I learned more about the quality of parts and the various parts houses.
Productive and Very Confortable Enviroment
Delivery Teammate (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 28, 2013
Love to work here is one of the best corporate places I've been where the employees are all treated the same no matter what your position in the company is.
Productive Learning Environment
Customer Delivery Teammate (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 27, 2013
Pros: great experience, always learning new car parts and what they do & helping customers with my knowledge
Cons: almost no possibility for advancement at this time, low pay, inconsistant hours & not enough hours.
A typical day for me is to check for deliveries because our customers come first, always.
If no deliveries are pending, I will focus on stocking night truck shipments that replenish previously sold items.
I have counter, register and sales experience with this position in which I will answer phone calls and order parts for accounts. Some parts have – more... to be ordered from other stores.
I will assist the Store Manager daily for pulling Warranty, Core and New Return orders. Putting items in totes, labeling them and processing paperwork. After pulls have been made and paperwork has been processed, I will secure items on a pallet and create a shipment invoice for the night truck to take to the warehouse.

I mostly enjoy working the sales counter because I feel a sense of accomplishment when I am able to help customers directly, whether it is over the phone or in person.

When I transferred to this position, I was able to be more ambitious. Most of my co-workers do not have computer experience like I do. However, every one I work with treats each other like family.

The hardest part of my job is knowing that I can accomplish more if I was able to be promoted but there are no positions available at this time for advancement and I'm stuck at a low pay and not enough hours, which is making finances hard with two children to raise. – less
Enjoyed the job, very good people to work with
Parts Counter Person and Driver (Former Employee), Warren,OhJune 26, 2013
Pros: the building was from the 1920's and still has the old lettering around the windows.
Cons: job was bascially part time, i only had one 40 hour week in the time i was there.
I really liked my manager and my co workers. Everyone knew what to do, and there were never any conflicts. The job itself was pretty routine, always the same grind. Receive stock, put stock on shelves, wait on a couple customers, make a few runs, and repeat. It was like working in Mayberry, but being able to see New York City through the windows.
Customer Service
Parts Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJune 26, 2013
Customer Service is very important . Treat people with Respect , and they will come back.
variety of things
Counter Rep, Delivery (Former Employee), Pittsburg, CAJune 24, 2013
help customers deliver parts work counter greet customers keep store clean stock shelves re arrange store pick parts
Very growing company and close knit group of teammates
PARTS PICKER AND STOCKER (Current Employee), Winchester, VAJune 16, 2013
Pros: insentive awards, lunches for company awards
Cons: insurance benefits could be better for part time employees
Learning customer relations, able to get along with co-workers. The hardest part of my job now is the strenuous work in the warehouse and the heat. My years in the office were the best years and would like to pursue another job as such if possible. I've enjoyed the contacts with the customers and the many years with some of the co-workers. Also, had – more... accomplished many computer skills in the past years, such as spreadsheets, Oracle, Word and Adis. – less
A ok work place
Accounting Administrator/ AP Processor (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 14, 2013
The work environment is ok but they don’t value their employees that much.
Productive driving
Customer Service Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2013
Pros: driving, discounts
Cons: short lunches, no benefits.
A typical day of work would be getting there and going over the delivery vehicles before the work begins, putting stock away and delivering auto parts. I have learned allot about the auto parts industry. The management staff are hard workers always trying to get new accounts. My co-workers are alright, wish it was more of a Team, i.e. a few co-workers – more... slack off allot and that makes the work harder for me and others. There really isn't a single hard part of the job, its pretty much well balanced. I'd say the best part of the job would be Driving. – less
well working place. created accounts,
Automotive Parts Counter person (Former Employee), Hampton, NYJune 10, 2013
Pros: worked towards bonus
Cons: medical costly
Opened store, answered phones, took orders, helped customers in store, pulled stock if necessary, checked in daily orders, perform duties that were required or needed to be addressed.
A transitioning company
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 6, 2013
Pros: good products
Cons: changing company culture
Hardest part of the job is the commercial support from the stores. They were always working with limited resources.
fun place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJune 5, 2013
Pros: drive in town
Cons: pay was low
Assist customers, stock shelves, pick arts and deliver them to the location. Co-workers were great, fun place.
very cheap company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, NCJune 3, 2013
Pros: good work environment
cheap company they can pay millions for nascar and only pocket change for employees
carquest was the best job I"ve ever had
Customer Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDMay 29, 2013
Then were willing to teach you anything you wanted to know .they were compasionate and extremely understanding when I had a devistating family loss. I would recommend working for them to anyone !
The company itself is a great company.The Customer First dept could use much improvement inthe work environment.
Accounts Receivable Specialist/Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 23, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: can't talk to co-workers unless its a break or lunch
Co-workers at this company are really great. It's a very diverse company.
The job was not a hard job at all it just seemed as though management didn't have a clear direction as to where they were going.
awesome place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIMay 14, 2013
carques is a great enviorment and a great place to work with great people that are helpfull and willing to help you all the time
Productive and fun workplace
Driver/Cashier (Former Employee), New Bern, NCMay 14, 2013
Managment was very understanding and less critical than most. Productive and fun, hardest part of job working on summer days hehe