CARQUEST Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Great Part time job
CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 15, 2015
Carquest provide great flexibility and management. I work there for 3 years and it helped as a great part time job for a college student.
Fun job
Parts Chauffeur (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CASeptember 11, 2015
I delivered auto parts to shops. In my down time I tried to stay busy and come up with things to do such as organize the stockroom merchandise that coworkers didn't put away in the right way. I had friendly coworkers, and a good boss. I enjoyed our customers at the shops and getting to know them. I was the face of the company so I made sure they were happy with our products and worked out how to fixed any problems or issues they had.
My job..
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 3, 2015
My job is to deliver car parts to different accounts we sell parts to. I like all of my customers. They make my day go by faster and more exciting. I try to make sure all of the parts are delivered on time. I like to see my customers smiling. They all like me as a driver. Most would be sad to see me leave. I love the customers but I am getting tired of the job. Driving all day has made me not like driving anymore and I would like to find something I will not get sick or tired of doing.
Pros
Seeing people smile, all the customers like me, I am very good with the customers
Cons
Not happy if the parts are late, Sick and tired of driving, customers will be sad to see me leave
productive work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 26, 2015
The job is wonderful. Its very laid back as long as you do your work and find something to do you will always stay buys. my only issue is that there is no room for advancement
Pros
free gas and company cary
Cons
no room for advancement
good
parts handler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 24, 2015
great people and it's an easy fun job for someone who is just graduating and wanting to get a food through the door in the real world.
Pros
good pay, friendly people
Cons
part time
Counter sales and cashier parts delivery (Former Employee) –  montg AlAugust 10, 2015
Would work there again if my knees would allow.
Not enough money due to the fact we had to pull our own parts from the warehouse.
alot of walking climbing stars
Pros
employee discount
Cons
part time no benefits
Good Company to work for.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCAugust 2, 2015
Just like many companies management can make any job worth going to. I have had both kinds. The store I am currently at has a great crew.
Fast paced job
Caquest Courier (Current Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLJuly 26, 2015
Very time consuming yet exciting job. If you are a car enthusiast and enjoy gaining knowledge, then this is the job for you. Constantly learning about every car part and tool in this industry on a daily basis. As a Carquest courier, you are almost always on the road in every weather condition and have to learn to apply safety and effective mobility to your everyday driving. Your safety and correct material or parts delivered in a timely manor are what is most important to this company.
Pros
Long hours, Awesome Management, Flexible Schedules
Cons
Cut of hours, Bought out by another company, No advancement, Hiring freeze
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/ Delivery Part Pro (Former Employee) –  Grayslake, ILJuly 12, 2015
stocking parts identifying labels organize parts delivering parts to customer how to give great customer service management its average overall co workers where very friendly nice to work together as a team the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to delivers parts to our daily customers
Pros
break in between deliveries
Cons
short lunch
Great atmosphere and a diverse yet great people to work with.
Auto Parts Handler/ Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Armonk, NYJuly 5, 2015
Home away from home. A great experience on a daily basis. New challenges and great team spirit makes a typical day at work overly overwhelming.
easy job not very exciting
parts runner (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 4, 2015
It was an easy job but it was hard waking up every morning knowing i had to go there to work...not a very exciting job. The staff is friendly and nice.
Pros
Discounted car parts
Cons
part-time employees don't get any benefits
Many Opportunities
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 28, 2015
Co-workers where good to work with and very willing to help teach you how to complete a task. I generally looked forward to going to work each day.
always some thing diffrent
Parts Salesperson, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 12, 2015
Fast pace, never the same thing. A lot of problem solving. I learned a lot about different cars and pickups .The management was always changing. the co-workers were very helpful. the best part was the customers and co-workers.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no advancement
Fun workplace full of nice people.
Customer Service Teammate (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIMay 8, 2015
The workplace was always fun, not always busy with customers but you could always find something to do. I learned how to interact with customers more, and how to manage people.
Fun place to work with knowledgeable sales people.
Sales Associate and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INMay 8, 2015
Great place to work with fun and friendly staff. The day goes by pretty quickly because we stay busy all day. I answer phones, take orders from commercial accounts and set them up for delivery, order parts if we don't stock them, do new returns and cores and defects and I also open and close the store and help with paperwork. The most enjoyable part of my job is finding a hard to find part for a customer and hearing how happy they are that you can get it for them. The hardest part of my job is those few customers that take their frustrations out on you but I just remind myself that they may be having a hard day and a hard time finding something and not take it personal.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Bought out by Advance Auto Parts
Great people to work with.
Accounts Payable Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Armonk, New yorkApril 23, 2015
My typical day was busy. I had a lot fun with all my co-workers. The management was very understanding of time off and very to come to for solving work problem.
Cool Driving job with automotive connections
Driver (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAApril 21, 2015
I enjoyed driving to the different shops to deliver parts and learning the automotive industry.
My manager was a funny caring guy, willing to work with school schedules. The hardest part of the job is making sure a not to get stuck in traffic in the evening so you can return before your shift is over or before the store closes. You learn punctuality and a strong sense of direction when driving.
Pros
Driving to different cities
Cons
Short Hours
Great people, great job, good entry level
Supply Driver (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 5, 2015
Great place to work, can be stressful at times due to traffic and job requirements. Good employee discount. Most days consist of driving in a company car delivering auto parts to local shops.
Pros
Good job good people to work with.
Cons
Pay is low with little room to advance more than a few cents a year.
i enjoyed my co workers
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALMarch 29, 2015
you did all the work the manager thought he didn't have to do anything but give orders and not a team player and i am. you put up auto parts and helped customers i learned to never treat people like that,
Pros
it was a job
Cons
no help
Great Place to work if you are in a Metroplolitaon are
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORMarch 25, 2015
I love interacting with customers and providing them superior customer service. It is hard when staff is lacking and superiors do not listen.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Low pay less then the national average for similar jobs