Carrabba's Italian Grill Employee Reviews

hosting customer service
Crew Leader/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAJune 23, 2017
come in set the seating chart. set up parties in large sections. teach and train my staff on new menu and how to rub the broad. make sure the staff was ready to go smoothly from lunch to dinner
Pros
free lunch
Delicious food
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 22, 2017
Very good training program and lots of opportunity for advancement. Food was very good and there was a lot job culture to go along with it. Airport location did not have a lot of repeat customers but still stayed busy.
Fast paced, busy restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJune 22, 2017
Proprietor consistently cursed at employees when he was stressed. One of the busiest locations in the chain. One of the hardest parts of the job was the toll it took on your body and not having benefits. One of the most enjoyable parts is seeing new faces every day, but also having regular customers who genuinely cared about you.
Average place of business
Server/Bartender, Admin/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJune 21, 2017
The establishment I personally worked for wasn't that ideal. I was overworked and very much unappreciated. But overall I think with the right staff and management it would be a money making restaurant
Hectic working conditions
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJune 21, 2017
Carrabbas is a very fave paced job that requires extreme patience and speed ,you must have the desire to work here in order to be successful . In other words if you don't like the heat stay out of the kitchen
Pros
Free food
Cons
Fast paced, strenuous, hot working conditions in the kitchen area
Very Productive work enviornment with an upbeat mood
HOST/BUS/CARSIDE (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 20, 2017
My review on Carrabbas Italian Grill overall was a good one, I learned a lot and even a little more than others for having a close relation with my manager. I liked to work harder for my managers than what I was being payed simply out of respect. My typical day was to show up before close, get host stand, tables, carside and behind the bar ready for the evening. Through the day depending on the day I would run board, nights with low staff be the only busser, and weekend nights work carside getting food orders and putting them together and delivering to customer. Management would just give me set goals beginning shift and pretty much just let me do my thing. The environment in the restraint held to a strong degree, attracting an older crud every door was held for every customer with a very polite standard. The work place would get very stressful on the very busy nights with a two hour wait time, but that was alos the fun times because that's the best time to get acknowledged for hard work either by a manager or times customers would come up to me with cash thanking me for making everything run so smoothly.
Pros
tips
Cons
no breaks
Horrible company
Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYJune 20, 2017
This was not a very good company to work for. The only night schedule worked well. There is no room for advancement. The atmosphere is so hostile and uncomfortable. The only positive is they train you very well.
just another carrabas
server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 19, 2017
just another corporate job. they seem to go through a lot of managers and don't see to care about promoting from within even though they tell you they do
Corperate by the books. Very detailed.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bricktown, NJJune 17, 2017
I worked as a server to start out just as a job after some soul searching I hunkered down and worked my way to become a manager. I first learned serving than I was a headwaiter which does the check outs at the end of the night for the manager to approve. After I had become a bartender and was trained by professionals although I had bartended earlier in my life which helped. After becoming a bar tender I had worked as a *key which is basically a floor manager with out the title. Before leaving for a 3 month intense m.i.t. training I worked making pizzas, salads,desserts, and prep work which really advanced my m.i.t training. The training taught me everything I needed to know to run the business alone. I also did scheduling for over 50 employees, took orders, places orders, inventory, and many other important tasks. Toward the end of my stay our kitchen manager walked out on a busy Saturday night to where I had to perform the tasks of both the front of house manager and kitchen manager running a 4.5 million dollar store so it was busy!
Pros
People, food, educational
Cons
Pay, hours
Very fun and productive workplace
Host & Busser (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 16, 2017
Everyday I was happy to arrive at work. My coworkers and managers were so nice from the first day of work. The workplace was great for a first job and I learn a lot as to help guests that need something if there server was busy. I learned how to multitask and learned how to make sure all guests needs were met.
Pros
Managers and coworkers and environment of the workplace.
Cons
The pay.
Professional/classy establishment
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIJune 16, 2017
An excellent workplace for professional training in hospitality, not a life long career however. I have learned how to provide the best customer service to people who may or may not have been undeserving.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NYJune 14, 2017
My first restaurant job, it allowed me to move up through the food and beverage industry. Typical day consisted of making appetizers, salads and pizzas.
Overall it can be a good place to work if the pay is correct.
Waiter/Server (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJune 13, 2017
My pay has been messed up since the beginning. My first check was deposited into a wrong account and has been in the air since march. Plus they gave me the wrong hourly and are still waiting to pay me the amount owed for the adjusted rate.
Pros
Nice staff, managers are nice.
Cons
Staff and management become frantic when the restaurant picks up.
good starter job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJune 12, 2017
Pay wasn't so great. But that's typical with working at a restaurant. And getting 50% off food was pretty nice. Enjoyed my co-workers. Management was 50/50.
Poor place to work and poor management
Supposed to be a Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brick, NJJune 11, 2017
I was told at hire I would be under the best many. Turns out, Management is horrible. I was personally lied on by one manager to another. Very upsetting
Pros
Cons
Pay, hours, management
Great proprietor
Server (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJune 11, 2017
The proprietor at this location was wonderful. He always had the backs of his staff while managing to make the customer feel he was on their team as well. Truly a pleasure to work for. Sections were small when new and it would take a minimum of one year to advance to a better section which I did not have the time to wait for.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
small sections
Fast work environment
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLJune 11, 2017
Working at Carrabbas was very fast paced. I had to make sure I kept on top of the dishes or else they would pile up. Very clean and nice environment to work in.
Great corporation.
Bartender/server/head wait (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 8, 2017
Loved it here. Loved the culture and the people, but corporate stores aren't for me anymore. Can make great money, just have to work very Long hours for it.
Good College Job
Server/Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 8, 2017
Serving is a great college job that puts money in your account and is flexible with your class schedule. Coworkers are typically also college students so you make friends and potentially others studying the same as you.
Fun work environment with subtle challenges along the way
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 7, 2017
Training is fairly easy and the staff are friendly. Everything is online-based as far as the schedule, menu test, and other various recurring tests such as food hazard awareness tests. Customers will modify their dishes often so be ready to accomodate high needs. Carrabba's will work with you to build the schedule you need, whether you have another job to balance or school, etc. Food is amazing and easy to sell, very few dishes on the menu are lacking quality. The atmosphere is pretty free and upbeat, servers are close with each other and it creates a fun environment.
Pros
Half off meals for employees at any time, whether you worked or not that day.
Cons
No food runners or bussers so if the team isn't together, it's going to be a tough shift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carrabba's Italian Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

Carrabba's Italian Grill Reviews by Location