Carrabba's Italian Grill

Carrabba's Italian Grill Employee Reviews in United States

Quality of work has gone down
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 20, 2016
I've been with carrabba's for years and the quality of the job has definitely gone down. You can tell it is not a family environment anymore we are just numbers that produce numbers.
Fast paced environment with an emphasis on customer satisfaction
Server (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 18, 2016
Carrabba's was a very fun, productive, and fast-paced company to be a part of. I enjoyed the evening shifts as I was in college the same time I was working here.
Productive and fun work environment with outdoor seating
Server (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 18, 2016
This place was overall a good place to work at. There is a big emphasis on teamwork within the employees and management. They are flexible with your school hours and seem to want everyone to succeed.
Fast paced fun work enviroment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJuly 15, 2016
A typical day involved a lot of customer service such as greeting, seating, making reservations, and taking care of customers needs. Management was demanding and dedicated. My co-workers were easy to work with and overall supportive of each other. The hardest part of the job was dealing with long waitlists. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting some great people.
Fun and productive workplace, one of my favorite serving jobs by far!
Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FloridaJuly 9, 2016
I loved working here. I would recommend it to anyone who is a server. Great tips, great management, great coworkers, great company to work for.
Pros
Great tips
Cons
No breaks
Want to hate your life? Apply now!
Server (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJuly 6, 2016
Working at Carrabba's was the worst job I've ever had. Management was a JOKE. It was the blind leading the blind. This was one of the main points of stress of this job because having a cr-ppy manager (all 3 of them) just makes the work day run terribly. They always talked about how they care about their employees, but all they want is for you to upsell upsell upsell so they can get a nice big bonus check from corporate.
They weren't reliable with scheduling in the slightest. Besides the fact you never get the schedule in advance (like you could work monday and the schedule wouldn't be up until THAT monday at 2am) When you first get the job and they SAY they will give you certain days off they are lying. They really wanted you to be their little slave. They constantly schedules me (and others) on days we told them we can't make it or have school etc. Then they say "It's your responsibility to get someone to cover your shift or we'll write you up." Employees bribing each other to cover shifts happened literally every day. Which wouldn't be so bad if you actually made any money. But we all got horrible tips, even though our service was great. Really it was the location (not the richest area, right next to a mall so people are splurging elsewhere and don't mind skimping you.) But still, at $2.30/hr that is tough to deal with. People who came from other locations were suddenly in financial worry because they weren't making nearly as much as their previous locations.
Also management didn't do anything about a**hole kitchen staff. Every stinking cook they hire acts so proud. If
  more... they don't feel like doing something, they won't. Your customer has a special request that takes 2 seconds to complete? If the cook is having a bad day, or just doesn't' feel like it, your customer will have to wait 15mins for you to get a manager to make them. They also would demand a share of your tips sometimes or they would stop cooperating. Management did nothing.
Only way you could move up in the company is to be their slave and have worked there a decade. The only reason you have any job security is cause everyone hates it so much there's people quitting all the time, meaning they need people to pick up shifts. But they threaten to write you up over everything. I got threatened to be fired when I took off for having the flu (which is 100% illegal to work when you have it!!) All these things made the job so much more stressful than serving picky/rude customers during a rush already is.

The only good things about this job was you get discounts on food (which was pretty tasty food to be honest) and the other servers were generally fun people who hated the job as much as you. Almost every weekend there would be get-togethers outside of work, which is really great when you have to spend a lot of time with those people.
Pros
Discount on food, fun coworkers
Cons
Everything else, namely the managers
Stressful and demanding with corporate games.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 2, 2016
I would not recommend this job for a line cook simply because of the high volume, demanding entrée times and skeleton cook crew. I would definitely recommend this job for a server though. They make very good tips due to their overpriced food which means very high bills. The food is spectacular, just overpriced. Service is good due to their demanding expectations from their servers. Same corporate rules that are involved for most places, In fact they may demand more from their employee's then most places. If you want a management job there, expect a nightmare with very stressful days.
Pros
Free food, 1 week paid vacation after a year
Cons
low end benfits package
im a team leader as im a great teammate. i have the personality to lead a team with a postive attititude and personable skills.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Short Pump, VAJune 30, 2016
love to be part of a great organization as a teammate as i would as a team leader. this is a great company as my organization is very understanding about life with each person with a great family atmosphere.
Garbage Place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 29, 2016
The GM/Owner is mean and yells at employees for even the tiniest of mistakes, Ii know your running a business, but your employees hate working with you and some have left because of you.Two of the Managers are amazing they work hard and make everyone happy, the back of house manager at least i think its his title, makes Inappropriate jokes that come off as very conceited and very rude. The Serving staff is mediocre and rude to customers at times, or are more concerned about their personal lives then they are about whats going on at work while they are there.
Great Place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 23, 2016
Outstanding teamwork and quality. Room to advance food quality number one goal. Managers that care about there employees.
Teamwork very strong
Pros
advancement
Difficult but rewarding
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 11, 2016
This job is challenging, but if you love the buisness you will love the job.Quality food prepared fresh, and lots of room to grow.
Personable customer service
Carside Waitress (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 6, 2016
Working on Carrabba's really gave me a great idea about how to work one-on-one with people, better my communication skills and how to work with other people to achieve similar goals. Management were very thorough, always being sure that if something were to go awry, they would be there to fix it and even teach you how to next time handle it yourself (if necessary). To say there were hard parts to the job would be hard to say, as even the most difficult of situations seemed alleviated by other co-worker's willingness to help each other out, which could also categorize under the enjoyable part of this job as well. Having a family away from home made for a very pleasant working environment!
Hard work pays off!
Headwait/ Server/ Bartender/ Key manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 6, 2016
Every restaurant has its problems but it is how the problems are handled that matters. Certain things are addressed daily and improved daily while other things fall apart and ruin the job experience. This job gives several opportunities to shine and make money but teamwork is definitly a major problem. Many do nothing and enjoy the benefits while others take all the responsibility.
Pros
50% off food. So good! Lots of room for advancement
Cons
no breaks, overworked, teamwork
Great job!
waitress (Former Employee) –  lakeland, flJune 2, 2016
great atmosphere
great tips
loved the people I worked with
loved the food
great people and boss
Automate, track and complete your entire employee evaluation process online.

All-in-one solution with employee reviews, 360° feedback, compensation and learning management
Unlimited Employee Reviews and 360° surveys
Easily customizable to every company’s process
Pros
tips
Cons
ate too much food
Head Host
Head Host (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAMay 31, 2016
I was hired to be in charge of the host and host stand, I give directions to the other host and let them know their tasks for the day, what needs to be done and what is expected through out the day. I help maintain the host stand and schedule parties. Provide accurate wait times when we have reached capacity. Clear and reset tables, greet and seat guests with menus and silverware. Friendly and personable environment.
Pros
Friendly, fun, fast pace
Cons
overwhelming at times
Easy job throughout college
Server (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 25, 2016
Carrabba's is a good restaurant to work for throughout college. Although the training process is long, it is well worth it.
Ehh.. it's a corporate restaurant
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLMay 24, 2016
It is what you make it, like any job needed to pay the bills.. work hard, you'll survive. You'll never fully agree with management decisions, but what job do you ever?
Amazing place to work
Area Chef (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 24, 2016
I honestly have nothing negative to say about Carrabba's. I really enjoyed my co-workers, and management. The work was high volume, but honest.
Pros
Free meal, flexiable schedual
Cons
n/a
Server/Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2016
the customers are amazing. true,loyal customers that have been there since day one. the opportunity to make money is there. the owner and staff make you feel apart of the family
Carrabbas Great Place to Work
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMay 22, 2016
I worked at Carrabbas Italian Grill for years. It is a great place to work everyone is friendly, and the managers are flexible with scheduling.

Carrabba's Italian Grill Reviews by Location