This position requires that you accept the responsibility for the delivery of receptionist and general clerical duties to other team members. You will assist the Department Heads in the day-to-day office work with primary responsibility for answering multi phone lines, writing correspondence in the computer, copying, faxing, inventory of office supplies, monitoring the postage machine, updating the resident apartment and phone number list, collecting rent payments, collecting meal payments and reconciling at the end of each shift, maintaining meeting minutes and monthly reports, completing contact sheets, maintaining marketing brochures and updating them on a need basis, aware of daily census, greeting office and family visitors. Understanding the Life Line System and knowing how to direct an emergency call.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate professionally with residents, families, staff, community officials and the general public
- Proficient computer skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite specifically, Word, Excel and Outlook email
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly
- Must meet all State health requirements
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must pass criminal background check
- Answer phones; greet residents and visitors in a friendly professional manner.
- Faxing, copying and filing
- Inventory and ordering of office supplies
- Knowledge of how to use postage machine
- Update resident apartment and phone number list
- Collect rent payments
- Collect meal payments and reconcile at end of shift
- Maintain minutes and monthly reports
- Arrange transportation for residents.
- Complete inquiry sheets
- Maintain marketing brochures and updating them on a need basis
- Aware of daily census and status of residents in hospital or moving out
- Understanding the Life Line System and how to direct an emergency call
- Take work orders for resident maintenance issues
- Schedule hair and nail appointments for residents
- Maintain resident and guest books
- Create various forms and charts for different departments upon approval from Business Manager
- Make flyers for upcoming events
- Provide administrative support to Executive Director, Marketing Director and Business Office Manger as requested
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must possess sight, hearing senses, or uses prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- Must be able to relate to the work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people within the facility.
- Physically able to move at least 25 lbs. without assistance. May be required to lift, push, pull and move equipment, supplies, etc.
- Physically able to bend, reach and work in small areas.
- Physical stamina and ability to assist residents as needed and in emergencies.
If you have a passion for working with seniors and would like to impact their lives in a positive way, we would love to have you join our team!
Carriage House at Lee's Farm offers competitive pay and an excellent benefits package to qualified associates. Please submit your resume and call Lauren at 508-358-2800 with any questions.
In conformity with applicable laws, The Northbridge Companies and Carriage House at Lee's Farm are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, or physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law or unrelated to job requirements or because of the individual's refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test.