Northbridge Companies strives to be the Next Generation of Assisted Living and is a leading provider of senior housing and services, offering a wide scope of development, operational management, sales management and advisory services for our own portfolio of communities as well as third party clients. Our experience includes the full spectrum of senior housing, including: independent living (“IL”), assisted living (“AL”) and memory care (“ALZ”).
We are currently looking for a dynamic Director of Sales and Marketing for our newest community in Wayland, MA, The Carraige House at Lee's Farm
Position Summary: The Director of Sales & Marketing is responsible for generating qualified leads and closing sales for the community and maintaining the census goals of the Community through acquisition of the desirable resident population. This is accomplished through developing and implementing a marketing plan (with the Executive Director) and public relations activities.
- Present Community and self in a positive and professional manner.
- Develops a current sales/marketing plan that is updated on an ongoing basis.
- Encourages resident referral leads which are significant proportion of new leads generated.
- Develops outreach activities that produce viable new leads and proactively identifies and pursues publicity opportunities.
- Uses an automated lead tickler system to schedule lead follow up.
- Assures that phone-out calls are consistently met.
- Assures that appointment goals are constantly met.
- Assures that “active” leads are contacted at least monthly.
- Conducts weekly individual hot lead meetings.
- Uses hot lead report which reflects consistent progress in upgrading leads. There are consistently at least 20 hot and warm leads being worked on per sales person.
- Assures that sales staff has been trained in the fundamentals of selling and uses training techniques in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Implements monthly sales training modules with sales staff and works to create a motivating and positive sales environment.
- Works collaboratively with department heads to emphasize operations’ role in sales and marketing.
- Meets occupancy, sales, and move-in projections and assures that move-ins occur within 60 days.
- Assures that leases are properly passed on to the Move-in Coordinator/Operations to minimize cancellations.
- Produces monthly budget variance reports in accordance with our policy.
- Assure that sales/marketing reports are timely, accurate and complete.
- Puts customer service first. Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere and recognizes individuals' needs and rights.
- Performs all other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
- Assures that monthly fee increases on turnover units are managed to maximize revenue, while minimizing lost revenue days due to unoccupied units. Rental allowances are minimized and stay within budget guidelines.
- Assists in ensuring the safety of all community residents by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the site’s fire safety, and disaster plans and current MSDS.
- Performs all other duties as requested.
Specific Educational/Vocational Requirements:
1. Must have demonstrated experience in sales and marketing and be sensitive to the needs of elders and disabled persons.
2. Minimum of three (3) years health care marketing experience preferred.
3. Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in healthcare administration, business management, marketing, and/or public relations preferred.
4. Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
1. Must be a highly responsible individual capable of working independently.
2. Must be an excellent communicator with excellent verbal and written skills.
3. Must possess a strong customer service approach and sales oriented personality.
4. Must possess well developed organizational abilities.
5. Must be able to work proficiently in a fast paced, healthcare environment and interface with a variety of health care professionals.
6. Must possess demonstrated ability to accurately complete and disseminate admissions paper flow and perform record keeping and documentation as necessary.
7. Must be empathetic and adept in dealing with geriatric population and families in crisis.
8. Requires the ability to expedite the assessment and admissions process in an assertive manner with Northbridge’s mission and philosophy.
9. Must be able to positively interact with personnel, residents, customers, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
10. Annual verification of a negative tuberculosis (TB) skin test may be required for this position. Check with state and/or local requirements for TB testing.
11. Is aware of and rehearsed in his/her role in marketing the company, Community, and its services to all customers, vendors, referral sources, and fellow employees.