Carrier Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Great Benefits and decent pay
Inventory Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNMarch 1, 2016
I starting working for this company because of their benefits. My intentions were to get my college pay for and advance with the company. Also, the company gives stocks for completed degrees.
Adminstrative assistant
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 1, 2015
A great company to work for, great salary, benefits, and advancement opportunities. I worked mostly on my own and handled the office more or less by myself. My boss stayed on the road as did the other managers. I ordered all supplies and took care of maintenance of all equipment with vendors. I like being in control and do what needs to be done without supervision.
Pros
nice offices
Cons
my boss would not let me take a full week vacation, had to break it up into long week-ends, said he could not do without me for a week
some reward when meeting quota
Line assembly operator (Former Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 1, 2015
people friendly environment good benefits steady work.room for advancement fair with equal opportunity. I'm able to get off work and take care of my family on a day to day basis.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
short breaks
Was able to work 40+ hrs per wk
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 30, 2015
I was able to provide for my family when I worked for this company,nothing negative to say! Was able to purchase a home while I worked here unfortunately they relocated.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Company relocated
Learned so many different office skills
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 29, 2015
Working for Carrier Corporation was an awesome experience in the work field. This was one of my first job, a job of over 10 years. I was able to move up in the company. Carrier provided so many different services to so many industries.
Pros
health care, 401k, stocks
Cons
weekly meetings instead of monthly meetings for service techs
Grateful to have a job
Service Engineer/Tradesman HVAC/R (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYJanuary 28, 2016
I feel sad to have to think of my employment as just a job. It wasnt this way when I, and many others started. It was a way of life, that was full of strong desires to succeed and be recognized. So I am truly grateful to have a job, and be surrounded by the remaining Lower level Management, Engineers and Designers that inspire me.
Pros
Great people, Love the trades and diverse technology
Cons
Having a real concern of long term employment. Layoffs and downsizing
It was a great place to work.
Press Operator, Fabrication and Assembly (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 6, 2015
I worked as a press operator fabricating parts for Carrier Air Conditioning. Management was great to work with and very helpful.
Pros
Benefits for self and family
Low morale. Not an enviroment conducive for growth
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2015
Carrier is a company in desperate need of change, in upper mgt.
Until that happen the company will continue to be an unpleasant work environment.
Pros
Cons
healthcare, morale, salary comparative to work
Good Paying Job
Brazier (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNAugust 22, 2015
Pretty good job with decent pay and benefits but the warehouse needs to be improved to keep up with the demand. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Outstanding Organization
Area Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, MADecember 7, 2015
My work life balance and management philosophy is second to none, I truly enjoy working at Carrier, if it was not for my relocating to Memphis I would not leave my job.
Pros
All aspects
Cons
Not able to relocate
Air Conditions
Product Testing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNAugust 5, 2015
I like the job but there were to many lay-offs due to production of the units. Sometimes we would go back to work and only work about 2 months before they were laying off again.
Pros
Salary
Cons
To many lay-offs
Carrier rental warren michigan
CSR Tech Rep (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMay 8, 2016
Terrible Hostile Work Environment...No Training, Your Just Ignored And Insulted...Manager Makes False Promises...No 90 Day Review, No Company Credit Card Issued...No $5OO Tool Credit As Promised...No OT As Promised...Benefits Totally Suck...Rental Equiptment Is Old Junk, And Your Fault When It Fails..Worst Group Of 2 Faced Hyppocrites Ive Ever Worked With.....AVOID....
Pros
Cons
Bi Polar Manager...
Pleasant Atmosphere and coworkers
temp (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJuly 21, 2015
learned valuable training skills. great benefits. great training was provided as well as great people to work with. convenient location and great hours.
Challenging work with inexperienced managers
Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 12, 2016
All workers are not treated equally. Management turns a blind eye to workers who abuse the system and do not put out required work.
Pros
Flexible work times
Cons
Unfair treatment, inexperienced management staff.
Good place to work with great benefits.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 14, 2016
Was a very physical job.
Learn different jobs to assembler the parts.
Management was very helpful.
Co workers was helpful in some areas.
Learning different jobs when you are a floater.
Working overtime with good time off also.
Pros
Free T-shirts and dinner
Cons
10 minutes breaks to short
good job that sold out
Quality Control Auditor/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 16, 2016
great job that moved overseas and didnt work with us to stay in america. They did provide school benefits but should have covered our health insurance more and had bigger severance package
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
short breaks
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2016
Good place to work. Plenty of possibilities for advancement in different areas of the country. Benefits package offers several different insurance coverages for both medical and dental.
My Review
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 24, 2014
I liked the co-works because we all work hard to get productivity an we took pride in it, an begin at the front of the line I know they relied on me to be at the top everyday for us to exceed expectations.an the most enjoyable part was at the end of the week when the numbers was higher then they was expected to be. I learn how to work new machinery an how to be a better leader an a better communicator, an the hardest part about it is the hours on nights cause you work from 5pm to 3:30am an another thing was the way management doesn't make sure the mangers followed protocol on paperwork when it comes to the new employees to the point if they didn't like you they can have you removed, an how they don't hold all team leads accountable to do the full duties for there position. That just few things but not all bad you make good money, good benefits good overtime, paid holidays.
Pros
reimbursement on tuition, discounts from other companies
Cons
hiring process, the probations
Very Diverse Environment
Coil Utility Operator / Repair Person (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNMarch 16, 2016
Carrier Corporation offer an exciting and pleasant work environment. The employees are treated with like someone valuable to the company.
fun place to work
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNJune 13, 2016
a great place to work the pay was good they awarded you for your good work and perfect attendance. it was the perfect job.it was a great experience working there