Carrier Enterprise, LLC Employee Reviews

Management has no communication skills
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 30, 2015
I don't have enough room to write all the horrible things that happened to me at this job. Arrive at work after a 3 day weekend to be told I had to travel out of town the very next day. I was told I had to travel 4 out of 7 weeks for work. I'm not sure why the trips could not be more spread out. Position that was supposed to evolve to include less administrative work never did. After two of my 3 weeks notice had passed, the Controller finally communicated to me that if I had stayed with the company I was going to be transitioned into a new position (a position I did not want). Communication from management is minimal. If you made a mistake, you expected to get yelled at (literally yelled at). There is NO training. You are expected to learn the systems on your own or from coworkers who were too busy to help you. I had to use vacation time and pay for my own training. My supervisor would take a day off or decide to work from home and not let me know. I would send emails to get questions answered and receive no response or assistance. If you needed more work, you had to ask for it. But, it's hard to ask someone for additional work when they are never in the office. Supervisor didn't plan projects for me to work on.

There were a couple of good things about working at this company, but they really aren't worth mentioning. If you want to work in an unprofessional office, then this is the place for you. I went back into an industry I said I would never go back to after working here. Employees on all levels are unprofessional. I have too many stories about the horrors
  more... of this company to list. Please do your research before accepting a position at this company. Management acts very nice when interviewing, but they are not who they appear to be.  less
Pros
Casual attire
Cons
Almost everything
Horrible place to work for/lack of management, and no opportunity for growth.
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 28, 2015
A typical day at work would be approaching your superiors with questions related to work, and to provide you with the tools you need to get the job done, and not get the correct answer, or assist you need to succeed on the job. No training program. You get the job, and you have to figure out everything on your own, but make no mistake about it, cause if you do, you'll be penalized. No opportunity for growth, and lack of management skills. Management behavior: Do as I say, and not as I do. (not leading by example) non professional environment. No annual reviews, and no compensation for employees. If you get hired, make sure you get what you are worth, and even if you do, be ready to be stuck with the same salary for the next 10 years. Co-workers: Due to lack of management, poor training, and no structure in the department, they become the worst co-workers you can ever wish to work with. Can't blame them!

The hardest part of the job is not knowing what to expect, and not taking pride in what you do.

The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving at 5 o clock.
Pros
Monday thru Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm schedule.
Cons
Everything!!!
Great Brands, Quality Products
TERRITORY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 5, 2015
Territory Manager involves establishing new customers while growing your existing customer base. I am in front of customers 4 days a week. I really enjoy growing my existing relationships and cultivating new ones. Building a solid foundation and developing trust and rapport are very rewarding.
Pros
great brands & products
Cons
na
Due to management changes, Company not a good place to work at.
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 6, 2015
The job itself is a great job, however, due to management changes, it has become impossible to work here. The new manager ties your hands from doing a fair and good job for the customer to maintain business.
Watsco Joint Venture changed things forever
Commercial Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 1, 2014
Hired on when it was Carrier Sales & Distribution. I enjoyed it. But after the joint venture things went to heck. Selling t'stats and parts was more important than the commercial equipment I was hired to sell. Goals changed weekly if not daily. Lots of attrition.
Pros
nice new building
Cons
increase in cost of benefits
operational, advancement
Market Operations Manager - Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTNovember 5, 2014
a well rounded daily function which lead me to be part of some major projects
Pros
room to grow
Cons
excessive travel
work as a temp
Local Shipment Coordinator/ Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 7, 2014
work as a temp one summer it was great but the one down fall was i was let go faster then i was told i would have work but i got called back to work with them full time and it still was a great job
Terrible place and terrible management on top of it!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VaFebruary 3, 2014
Wow! Shocking! They jam the market with Carrier dealers and then think you can sell their other brands to other non Carrier dealers. Then they want to saturate the territory with 3 to 4 salesmen. Forget about it! Last two salesmen quit in less than a year and one made it a year all because there is no money. You will starve to death. Their sales plan will never work. Don't get suckered in. You are not selling Carrier products! You are selling their low brand items made by their sister company, which you can't give away......much less sell!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything!
Indoor/Warehouse environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 26, 2013
Typical workday included answering the phone taking orders by phone, working the counter and also taking personal orders by walk-ins. The job requires a lot of memorization pertaining to part numbers. You normally work along another counter associate and the store manager. Hardest part of the job was having huge orders in the summer time with a line of other customers waiting their turn. Most enjoyable was socializing with the regulars that normally bought everyday.
Pros
great industry
Cons
minimal chance of advancement
Winning Operation - Great Opportunities to grow
Infrastructure & Systems Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 21, 2013
Working with this organization was one of the best choices I have made professionally. Culture was business oriented but relaxed enough to enjoy going to work daily. Opportunities were yours to grab if you desired. Working in and with the IT team was also great for not only building a solid understanding of the job responsibilities but also gave great opportunity for learning growth. I really enjoyed working with not only these great group of people but enjoyed working with the other departments as well.

2.8