Carrington College Employee Reviews

DeVry
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 20, 2017
I would not work for them again - not good culture and not supportive. Leaders not student first or employee minded. They Only cared about the bottom line
November 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. Our organization has implemented many changes recently that will enable us to be even more student focused. Our number one priority is always doing what is right for our students, and we care about supporting our colleagues so they can in turn support our students. We will pass your feedback along to the appropriate people.

Dream job
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 17, 2017
Carrington College was my dream job. I was hired for days and due to a shortage of instructors within 6 weeks of employment I was placed on split shifts. Unfortunately, I was unable to continue working this shift after a years time.
benefits
Cons
working hours and compensation was not appropriate
November 20, 2017

We're sorry to hear that about your experience. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

fun place to work
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 11, 2017
enjoyed my time working there as FWS. Was a pretty relaxed place to work for mostly did filing and phone calls. not to much heavy lifting unless it was to help put away supplies for the Lab overall nice place to work.
Pros
enjoyed working with the people
Cons
slow paced
November 16, 2017

Thanks so much for your review! We're happy you enjoyed your work study position.

Federal work study
Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 7, 2017
A typical day at work went with a good flow. I learned a lot such as sending out emails to students for reminders, handling money deposits, how to access a student fiance account and how to assist them. The environment was nice, the staff was also very sweet and kind to me. I didn't experience any hard time at this job it was self explanatory for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting students with their concerns and needs.
Pros
Free access to computers, printers
Cons
short breaks
November 10, 2017

Thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear that you got a lot out of your work study position! We agree that working with our students is the best part of being a Carrington colleague.

Not the place to be
Director, Institutional Effectiveness & Assessment (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 4, 2017
Company has little capacity to know and plan for their market. Job security is very low as a result. I would recommend something more secure. You could literally be there for a few months and then be let go.
Benefits
Cons
No future
November 6, 2017

Thank you for leaving a review. We have undergone some recent organizational changes which have enabled us to more effectively serve our students. We will pass your feedback along to the appropriate people.

Poor management, major lay offs
Student Finance Advisor (Former Employee) –  WANovember 3, 2017
Carrington, part of Adtalem Golbal Education, is going through major, constant changes. They are trying to automate processes which has been a mess, and are laying off multiple people. Management is downsizing departments are increasing work load for those they keep around. Management is horrible. They don’t communicate and implement terrible process changes that never work. Thy change the process and lay people off, then have to rehire because the new process doesn’t work. I don’t recommend working here. Way too many lay offs with no communication. They do have great benefits, but only if they keep you around long enough to use them.
Pros
Tuition benfit
Cons
Poor management, lots of lay offs
November 6, 2017

We appreciate you taking time to leave a review. Our organizational changes have enabled us to more effectively support our students. Above all, Carrington College is committed to our students and their success. With that in mind, we’ll share your feedback with the appropriate departments.

Not a good place to work or grow with a company.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95138November 3, 2017
Not a very caring company. Doesn't matter how much extra work you have taken on to assist, nor does it matter the number of years you put into working for the company. They still treat you as if you mean nothing to the company.
Pros
Used to be a great place to work when it was Western Career College
November 6, 2017

Thank you for your review. Our colleagues mean a lot to us. We are always working on doing a better job of demonstrating that. We will direct your feedback to the appropriate people.

Carrington Sacramento
Student Finance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 31, 2017
Quick paced busy campus, great students and staff. I made great relationships with the people at the Sacramento campus. A lot of the staff are long tenured employees. Management definitely has room for improvement.
November 3, 2017

Thank you for the review! We're so happy to hear that you loved your students and colleagues. We appreciate your feedback.

Horrible place to work
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 27, 2017
I was a full time employee and worked 50+ hours weekly and because I had a corrupt supervisor she submitted my pay as part time. She had all excuses to why this was happening. I followed the chain of command and still didn't get anywhere. I then contacted the labor board and finally got my back pay and pay. However, after that my job description changed and my boss made it an unabarable place to work. Very unethical place to work.
October 30, 2017

We're so sorry to hear about your experience. Thank you for letting us know. This is something we would like to look into further. Please send us an email at social@carrington.edu describing what happened so we can take appropriate action.

I enjoyed my employment at Carrington College
Student Accounts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 24, 2017
Everyday tasks were never the same and I loved the atmosphere. Colleagues were great to work with. I would love to go back to work for them. Would love another job in the same field.
October 27, 2017

Thank you so much for letting us know how much you enjoyed working at Carrington!

Horrible Place to Work
Medical Assisting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 11, 2017
Run don't walk from this horrible school. More problems than its worth. Incompetent faculty and management. Students pay to much money. Compensation is terrible. Management very unorganized as well as corporate.
Pros
The buildng
Cons
education experience for the students, compensation, management
October 11, 2017

Thank you for leaving a review. Listening to colleague comments and concerns is important to us. We will direct your feedback to the appropriate departments.

Student
Medical Assisting Student (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 1, 2017
Excellent place to learn your skill set for becoming a medical assistant. The lab portion is really hands on and you get a good grasp of what it will be like working in the career field.
October 3, 2017

We work hard to ensure that our students get a hands-on education that will prepare them for their chosen career. We're happy to hear that you felt like you had the skills you needed to become a medical assistant!

Colleagues were like family
Student Finance Advisor II (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 18, 2017
Over the 16 years I was there so many changes had occurred. Many lay offs, that frighted the colleagues stability for their current employment. After I resigned more changes occurred and continue happen. There are a lot of unhappy colleagues working there now. They have no management, and the possibility of growth is no longer available.
Pros
Paid time off for the number of years worked
Cons
Health benefits too high for out of pocket, worked some weekends, worked late hour shifts
September 20, 2017

Thank you for leaving a review. Our leadership is focused on continuing to make Carrington an outstanding place to work. We appreciate your feedback.

Students are awesome
Medical Billing and Coding Instructor (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAAugust 1, 2017
I enjoy being able to assist students on their journey of creating new possibilities for them and their families. The ability to work with them and watch as they begin to develop the skills they need to become successful in Medical Billing is very rewarding.
Pros
No micro-management, students
Cons
lack of training on new programs
August 2, 2017

We're so happy to hear that you love working at Carrington College! We couldn't agree more that our students are awesome. Thank you for being a Carrington colleague!

Schooling
Veterinary Assistant Student (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 23, 2017
I went to Carrington college to become a veterinary assistant. I graduate august of 2017 and would like the opportunity to start in the field as soon as possible.
July 26, 2017

Thank you for leaving a review! Please reach out to your campus' Career Services department. Career Services helps current students and graduates with job-search strategies, job-market orientation, resume writing, and interviewing techniques, free of charge.

Able to get back into post-secondary education
Program Director/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 18, 2017
I learned it takes a lot to be in a managerial position. A typical day includes teaching class from 7:30 till 12:00 p.m. Then administrative duties such as phone calls, phone conferences, meetings, and class preparations.
Pros
Flexible hours in the day.
Cons
Start time is too early.
July 19, 2017

Thank you for leaving a review and for being a Carrington colleague. We're glad you enjoy your duties and the managerial skills you have learned on the job.

very professional and aspiring work place motivating.
Assistant fws (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJuly 13, 2017
you have awesome co workers who love to help you if you are feeling lost of direction. very friendly place . well balanced more like a work family. pleased to be apart of their team.
Pros
great atmosphere
July 14, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you loved working for Carrington College! We're happy to hear your enjoyed your colleagues and the atmosphere on campus.

Not Recommened
Director of Enrollment Services (Former Employee) –  CAJuly 8, 2017
Company is having hard times, student population is down, management is not available to speak with, no management on campus to help out. All management was laid off in the past six months. Departments on campus are in constant conflict and hurts the students experience.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Everyting else
July 10, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We have undergone some important organizational changes to help us better serve our students. We appreciate your feedback on our new structure. We will pass your comments along to the appropriate departments.

Great at the start, but slacked off
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2017
I started my job, and enjoyed the challenges presented to me. There was a lot to do and a clear structure by which to do it. Support staff was in place, and management lines were clearly established. I was getting to know my place, and training up my abilities.

But then a significant portion of the staff got fired, and my department was shaken up weeks after arrival. While assured that everything would be okay, it's been made clear to me that things are far from okay.

My workload doubled, my training (incomplete) was almost completely discontinued, and I was expected to be fully productive while being unable to fulfill my job requirements due to an insane amount of miscommunication that resulted from the lost members of the company not being given clear replacements.
Pros
Small focused teams, huge range of experience
Cons
managment, structure, culture
Federal Work Study Student
Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 8, 2017
It was a nice job to have while attending college. I got to teach new students what I have already learned, so it helped me by helping them learn. I enjoyed working there.
June 9, 2017

Thank you so much for the review! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time as a Carrington Colleague.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carrington College. Our community is ready to answer.