Carrington College Employee Reviews

Sudden changes has destroyed the culture.
Dean of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 20, 2017
Sudden changes has destroyed the culture. People are leaving because of unethical practices. The culture is now cold and sterile. Management is not professional.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Employees are not valued
Fun and Inspiring
Federal Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 16, 2017
I am extremely thankful for my job at Carrington. I love all the people here and love the day to day duties. I love seeing new students take on new paths and start school.
Awesome colleagues, but poor operation structure
Director of Student Finance (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 10, 2017
I used to love working at Carrington until just recently they decided to eliminate more than 3 key management positions resulting to over 100 people losing their job. Now there is no management support at the campus level, leaving it up to the staff to take on additional duties that is beyond their capability. Some staff members are having to work 12 hour days just to meet the needs of the students. Many changes are being conducted on a daily basis as well. One day your advised to do this and the very next day your told something else. This makes the work environment stressful and unproductive.

If you are seeking employment with Carrington my suggestion is to wait at least 6-8 months to allow the company to iron out their wrinkles because I dont think they understood the impact of eliminating the role of Director of FA, CS, and Executive Director. I truly hope they overcome their financial and operational challenge.
Pros
The students
Cons
Poor decision making skills, company is not doing good financially
Productivitiy and management
Medical Assisting Instructor, Highly (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 10, 2017
Horrible company to many things wrong with management. Management is incompetent and there is a lot of turnover. The students are great but the faculty are unprepared. There is no culture. Going to work there was like pulling a tooth with no drugs.
Family oriented establishment trying to help student's impact the medical community in a great way
Career Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAMarch 7, 2017
Fast paced environment utilizing multiple different skill sets to impact the campus, community as well as overall student growth. Helped me realize I have a passion for helping others. Working for Carrington College has helped me grow not only as a professional but as a person as well. I enjoy making a difference whether that was impacting the students or the community, I want to help people in one form or another.
company is going through restructuring
Director of Career Services (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAFebruary 9, 2017
This sector of Education is going through many changes due to new regulation changes. It is doing its best to keep up with the changes while focusing on student needs.
Pros
student focused
Cons
high turnaround
Very supportive collegues
Medical Billing and Coding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 28, 2017
Typically, I would prepare the days topic/lecture. I would give my students formal instruction, then we would tie it together with real live experiences of the students and my own life experiences. The hardest part of my job was trying to motivate students to come everyday. Workplace culture was very supportive and friendly. The most enjoyable part of my job started when my students came in.
I learned that I am very funny and that its ok to control an environment.
Pros
Lots of food
Cons
if hired part time, it is hard to become a full time employee
January 30, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We’re so happy to hear that you enjoyed your workplace culture and students!

Carrington College
Fill-in Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 22, 2017
I would greet students, visitors, and instructors. I would answer the phone and transfer calls to staff. Prepare student packets. made copies and printed flyers.
Pros
Working for my Alma mater
Cons
Students can be demanding.
Student
Federal Work Study (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 9, 2016
I was a student while working at the school and they were very willing to make my hours work around school. They were also very flexible with my hours if I needed a day off or if I was going to be late.
Pros
Helps pay tuition, friendly staff, good pay
Cons
N/A
December 12, 2016

Thank you for leaving a review. We know that balancing work and school can be tricky. We’re happy to hear you felt you could be successful working and studying at Carrington.

Receptionist
Receptionist Duties (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CADecember 7, 2016
Typical work day would involve answering phones, keeping up with any scheduled appointments and filing. Over all the job was pretty enjoyable. The hardest part in the beginning was time management and multi tasking but I eventually managed to create a system that worked for me.
Pros
Learned Time management and multi tasking skills
Cons
Lots of over time, didn't always get off on time
December 9, 2016

Thank you for leaving a review. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your time as a Receptionist at Carrington.

great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 30, 2016
Carrington can be a fun place to work
There is always training going on to help further improve your skills
management is great and loves to not only watch you succeed but help you
great environment to work in
compensation for traveling from campus to campus is a plus
December 2, 2016

Thank you for leaving a review! We’re happy to hear that you felt like Carrington was a place where you could grow professionally.

Fun
Works study student (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CANovember 23, 2016
Teachers are great campus is very nice , easy to enroll , helps you get set up with everything you need to get stared with your program you are interested in
November 28, 2016

Thank you for leaving a review. We’re happy to hear about your experience at Carrington!

over all its not a bad place to work.
Dental Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAOctober 27, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I share my knowledge with my students and they show progress, when they go out to their extern and get the job it feel like I have accomplished something and its rewarding. I enjoy working with my co-workers we get along.
Great place to utilize my skills with a great staff
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAOctober 5, 2016
I was able to utilize all of the skills I was taught as a Medical Assistant and the staff was great to work with. The work environment was fun, but professional.
October 7, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re happy to hear that you were able to use your skills in an environment you enjoyed!

Great place to work.
Medical Billing and Coding Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 23, 2016
Great place to work. The employees are diversified and friendly. Room for advancement. BENEFITS are equal or better than others in same industry. They encourage professional development and advancement opportunities are available.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, nice work space, professional environment, great benefits.
Unfair pay for the work demand.
Dental Hygiene Department Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 15, 2016
Overall my department is great. Their pay is horrible. I do a lot and they keep increasing my workload yet they don't pay more. We have a new employee and we have the same position and they are making more than me. It's unfair and I have to help train them. I don't know if it's because I'm young or because she knew someone when she got hired. All I know is that I exceed my reviews and deserve to get a fair compensation for what I do.
Not a safe place to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 9, 2016
Management is so worried about rocking the boat with students that students are never held accountable for unprofessional behavior.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Fear of students
Good entry level college teaching positions.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 22, 2016
A great place for entry level college instructors. Job security and wages are the only slight downfalls here.

Only been here 6 months, but I know employees who have only received a .50 raise in 2 years. There have been recent layoffs at my location.
it was a great place to work and teach
Instructor / Previous Program Director (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2016
I enjoyed teaching and interacting with the students.
I enjoyed working with my fellow teachers
I tutored students to assist them to pass the state boards
This is a school
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 15, 2016
I was a student and it was a great school to attend. They have great instructors and a good team of counselors/advisors. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants to process in their career.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
The instructors need to be a little more strict (cell phones)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carrington College. Our community is ready to answer.