Carrington College

Carrington College Employer Reviews

Great place to work at
Faculty/Instructor/Academic Coach (Current Employee), Stockton, CADecember 17, 2014
Friendly Atmosphere, everyone is helpful.

I loved working with the students, very rewarding !
Great place to work at.
Medical Assistant instructor (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 2, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: not too much room to grow.
I was a Medical Assistant Instructor. The employees there are great people to work with, they helped me to get the ropes at the college. The curriculum was easy to follow and teach it.
Room for growth
ENROLLMENT SERVICES SPECIALIST (Current Employee), AZNovember 26, 2014
Great place to work, and leadership is always looking for ways to help you grow.
College
Radiologic Technologist Student (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: you get your degree.
Cons: you can not learn from everyone. learning styles very.
There is lots to learn from the radiology instructors. They all have great experiences to share. There is no way to work with the schedule though. You make time or you do not.
I should've sued this place
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee), Reno, NVAugust 25, 2014
Pros: teaching
Cons: being a male instructor.
I was a medical assistant instructor. A single dad, trying to do my best and earn a living. I have NEVER in my life been through such a nightmare. I was accused of sleeping with female students time and time again. The Director of the MA program is the most back stabbing person on the planet. My first job I have ever walked out of. I was so stressed – more... out, I dreaded coming in to work. I was a combat medic in Iraq and I would of rather go back doing that then dealing with another week at Carrington College. – less
Management of the Student Finance department
Director of Student Finance (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 22, 2014
Responsible for managing the operations of the financial aid department at the ground campus in Tucson, AZ which consisted of implementing new strategies to be more effective and efficient, identifying areas of opportunity to improve processes through streamlining current operations with intentions of reaching and exceeding short term and long term – more... organizational goals.
Day to day tasks include but are not limited to running reports through CampusVue to manage department functionality. These reports include new student reports for enrollment service, contract aging detail reports for collection purposes, potential grad reports to ensure all graduates are fully funded, undisbursed aid reports to resolve disbursement issues that would hold up funding, student master summary report to monitor students who are not meeting academic requirements such as SAP.
Managed campus based aid allocations to ensure SEOG funds were awarded according to need based policy and did not exceed allocation. Managed FWS funds including hiring and designating FWS students to different campus functionalities.
Responsible for student account management which included students with cash payment plans and tuition options contracts.
Responsible for staffing the student finance department based on budget, student population and business need. Also responsible for monitoring training and development of new student finance staff members.
 Responsible for the development and success of the student finance advisors. Conduct observations on tuition planning meetings between advisors and potential students. Ensure proper verbiage is being used for compliance purposes and that advisors are adhering to the company’s integrity TEACH value.
Provide feedback to advisors in one on one coaching sessions to help develop professionalism through interactive communication to increase productivity, self-growth, discipline and higher business acumen.
Review Individual Development Plans for short term and long term goals.
Review Individual Performance Plans per company performance metrics to hold advisors accountable for performance, productivity, development, efficiency and effectiveness.
Created and monitored schedules to coincide with enrollment services hours, campus hours, and business need keeping in mind that students always come first.
Held daily huddles, weekly meetings, and monthly performance reviews to properly disseminate updates through different channels allowing for transparency of Title IV, regulatory compliance, regional, or corporate information. – less
Very Productive and Keeping busy
Student Finance Advisor (Current Employee), Phoenix ArizonaJune 5, 2014
The best part about this job is helping students achieve there goals. Seeing every student get the medical education they deserve, and strive to become the best at what they have learned.
Learned a lot
Pharmacy Assistant/Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAMay 27, 2014
This was a great place to learn how to become a pharmacy technician
its was wonderful to work with the students
Admissions/Financial Rep (Former Employee), Spokane Valley, WAMay 9, 2014
I loved helping others. The students would be very Leary of going to school because they were scared about funding and it was so wonderful to show them that they could do it!
Great Nursing program
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 28, 2014
Pros: lots of experience, instructors
This was not a paying job but it felt like a full time job. My clinicals through Carrington college were eventful and educational. My instructors were amazing and very knowledgeable.
Ever Feel like your might get fired everyday?
Radiology Technology Educator (Current Employee), Spokane, WAJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: good insurance, friendships
Cons: part time treated like scum
Students run the show, educators have no say in anything. Many people fired over stupid fecal matter.
No direction from the managers, wanted to be buddies, then tramped you
Co-Workers: Awesome!
I loved working for Carrington College
Senior High School Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: good training and over all management was good.
Cons: some co-workers were clickish
This was a GREAT College to work for:) I would work here again:)
I enjoy what I do
Director of Allied Health (Current Employee), Reno, NVDecember 16, 2013
I love working in education and look forward to advancing in my career
ughhh
Learn Anatomy of the body (Former Employee), Boise, IDOctober 26, 2013
Pros: dfsdfsdsf
Cons: fdfsdfsdf
hgshafdljfklsdjfklsdjfkl jflkjsdkl fjsdkljf jfdklfjsdkl;fjksdfklsd; kl jklfjdklfjdht dsthe the the theh the
School internship
Massage Therapy Program - Extern (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 7, 2013
great flow of clients to assist in getting ready for that after school push
Dedicated to provide students a worthy education!
Instructor, then registrar (Former Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: daily interface with students; the easy ones and the difficult ones.
Cons: unpaid hours grading homework. extra hours away from home as registrar.
Each day provided challenges; initially, to research the day's subject so I was able to stand in front of adult students and confidently share with them the knowledge factors and background information stipulated in subject knowledge and performance objectives. Successfully managing classes of young adults attending school by choice presents leadership – more... challenges that yield gratifying results at graduation and students' follow-on employment. My co-workers were professionals who were dedicated to their students. These attributes were fostered by the campus leadership who recognized individual and group efforts with praise. Pharmacy mathematics was easily the most difficult of subjects and easily the most gratifying. To be trite: seeing the-lights-come-on in students eyes and attitudes was nothing less than wonderful! – less
Great place to further education for career.
N/A (Former Employee), N/ASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
I really enjoyed attending this college. The personnel and staff members are always helpful and professional. Everything I learned while attending this school has completely prepared me for future career opportunities in the pharmacy field.
Great co-workers
ENROLLMENT SERVICES DIRECTOR / MANAGER (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: easy access from my home to work
Cons: campus location was not visible enough to the public
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with individuals who truly cared about the students and about each other.
The most difficult part of the job was seeing a potential student's disappointment when they did not qualify for financial aide.
Productive workplace with great benefits
Administration (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2013
Heavy work load with a minimum of 8 hours a day making it hard to have a work/life balance. Little job security but great benefits.
Great School! You'll learn everything you need to know!
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Spokane, WAMay 20, 2013
Great School! You'll learn everything you need to know! The teachers take their time to make sure you fully understand everything before moving on and are very hands on with their teaching.

1 2 3