Carrington Mortgage Holdings Employee Reviews

Good To Employees
Senior Broker Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: management and benefits
Cons: not much room for advancement
The company takes care of their employees. They do what they can to work with you when situations come up.
Fast paste hightly technical work environment
Customer Advocate (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAOctober 24, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: the job was occasionally highly stressful
A typical day at work: research and respond to escalated complaints from borrower's, attorney's, and regulator agencies. I learned basic knowledge of all phases of mortgage banking servicing division, skills to create reports, and both verbal and written communication. The company had highly experienced management and my co-workers were a joy to work with. The hardest part of the job was mitigating loss when the company made errors. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to amicably resolve a customer's complaint.
Unpredictable environment
Recruiter (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAAugust 10, 2013
Pros: casual monday's and friday's
Cons: benefits not good, compensation not competitive
As with any mortgage company Carrington has it's ups and downs. I was hired with the impression that the hiring needs were just about to take off in a direction that would require a lot of recruiting efforts. Unfortunately, nothing was set in stone and that never happened. I was laid off as a result of that just after being there 8 months. I left my previous company after almost 6 years for this position. The recruiting department really lacked structure and didn't follow any actual process making it challenging to do my job efficiently. The applicant tracking system wasn't the least bit sophisticated either. Hiring managers were not willing to listen to the recruiters and what their opinions were on candidates they were hiring. There is a lot of nepotism there and it felt as if the recruiters were just paper pushers. Other departments may not be the same but I did not have a positive experience here.
Top notch benefits and fast growing company with advancement opportunities and trainging programs
Customer Advocate (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAAugust 4, 2011
Pros: excellent benefits
It is always refreshing to work for a company with management and staff that have excellent work ethics and integrity. This company has excellent employee benefits and training programs and opportunities. Their Human Resource Department is, by far, the best I have ever experienced.