Carrington Mortgage Holdings Employee Reviews

Great training and atmosphere driven with strong training by the management
Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 9, 2017
I spent almost a decade with this company and it all ended with being laid-off for the 2nd time and being mis lead by a recruiter Angie E in Anaheim. Don't get me wrong, this company has many wonderful tools to help their employees excel and grow. The atmosphere is laid back MOST of the management team is professional. There is one exception. The COO who is a great man has a son who along with group of recent or current trainees who run a department. Beware they are very overbearing, demanding, cocky and mean. Also Angie e in recruiting is very unorganized and unprofessional. I interviewed and did a backround check and for almost a month I would check the status, and she would say "oh you will have your offer letter by this.... she calls me and says sorry we ain't moving forward. Lastly most mortgage industries there are constantly laying off people and this company dosent provide 401k
Pros
Training, great enviorment
Cons
Constant layoffs, no 401k
Horrible lack of Management knowledge
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 11, 2017
If you easily fall for a good line, this is the place for you. Management is clueless and imperialistic. Rules are ever changing, every day.....treated like cattle. Frat boys trying to be businessmen running the show.
Pros
Cons
everything
Fast paced environment but great place to work
HR Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 4, 2017
Great place to work for and my team members were all amazing. It's a fast paced environment and always constant changes so you have to be sharp and quick on your toes when that happens. Enjoyed my time there.
Professional and available to the USA
Branch Auditor (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAMarch 21, 2017
The travel and exposure to various different vendors throughout the United States was an experience like no other. I was given the opportunity to meet a lot of people from all over the world who where both different yet the same in there respective professions. While doing my job as a Vendor Site Auditor I meet with top management, and various levels of employees. I visited Law Firms, Real Estate Offices, and Mortgage Loan offices.
Pros
All expense paid traveling.
Cons
Being away from my family.
Solid organization with amazing people
Recruiting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 16, 2017
Carrington is a great organization with amazing people. I was able to help the company grow and build it to where it is today. This is a fast paced environment and you must be able to adapt to change.
great place to work
Sr. Review Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 1, 2017
Carrington is a great place to work. It has a lot of departments and room for transfers. overall its great. The employees are happy and it is close to the honda center.
Dont care about their employees
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 29, 2016
Management lives in an a different world. They really don't see the complexity of the jobs and expect employees capable of putting more work into an 8 hour day then possible. Give low ratings to good employees based on one thing they saw. something done one time will give you under expectations. Doom and Gloom Management No raises no bonuses.
What's enjoyable, not much when they take the joy out of it. Haven't had a team lunch in quite a while.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
subjective Management
Carrington is just a job
QC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 7, 2016
Carrington offers no raises or job advancement! No career at Carrington, they offer no bonus or no perks at all thy just don't care about the employee.
Pros
Working 4 hours on friday
Cons
Fast Pace, Enjoyable workplace.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 8, 2016
During a Typical day at Carrington, I would provide help the customers which would call in. Handle escalated customer complaints. Develop training and train new hires. Assist management with any additional reporting they may need.
Pros
Versatility
Cons
Growth within the company
Be Prepared...
Cash Operations Disbursements Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 12, 2015
Typical Work Day:
Typical 8am to 5pm Monday thru Friday work week. Work load spilt amongst two associates. Reconciliation of prior work day accounting done within the first hour of work. Receive most files, normally 8 to 10 totaling +$1million, for payment disbursement from various departments during 8am to 12pm. Initial formatting and missing account coding completed prior to 12pm. Formatted files sent for approval to various departments and subsidiaries prior to 12pm. Hopefully receive files back prior 1:30pm. Complete formatting all files prior 2:30pm. Handle emergency rush check requests, usually 15 to 20, during 9am to 3:30 pm. Script file data into proprietary accounting data system, Fiserv, for check runs. Complete check runs, normally average 500 to 700 checks, prior to 4:00pm. Verify run and prepare checks for mailing prior to 4:30pm. Prepare verification check run data for next day reconciliation.

What I Learned:
Reinforced importance of time management. Learned to navigate the Fiserv accounting system.

Management:
Mixed bag. Operational supervisory level are decent to exceptional, but unable to reference relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs). SOPs are missing or have not been updated in years. Some middle and upper management unaware of operational deficiencies, capabilities, and limitations. Human Resources (HR) is good, although overburdened due to excessive turnover. Heavily reliant on temp agencies.

Coworkers:
Excellent. Vast majority are willing to work hard long hours. Training for new associates conducted primarily by coworkers and
  more... not by management.

Hardest Part of the Job:
Communication with management.

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job:
Coworkers.
Ok place to work
Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 12, 2015
It can be way too stressful, it has the potential to be a great place to work, but isn't also management tries to be helpful and fair
Pros
Pay
Cons
Boiler room like feel, no real career advancement.
Good To Employees
Senior Broker Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 11, 2014
The company takes care of their employees. They do what they can to work with you when situations come up.
Pros
management and benefits
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Fast paste hightly technical work environment
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 24, 2013
A typical day at work: research and respond to escalated complaints from borrower's, attorney's, and regulator agencies. I learned basic knowledge of all phases of mortgage banking servicing division, skills to create reports, and both verbal and written communication. The company had highly experienced management and my co-workers were a joy to work with. The hardest part of the job was mitigating loss when the company made errors. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to amicably resolve a customer's complaint.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
The job was occasionally highly stressful
Unpredictable environment
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 10, 2013
As with any mortgage company Carrington has it's ups and downs. I was hired with the impression that the hiring needs were just about to take off in a direction that would require a lot of recruiting efforts. Unfortunately, nothing was set in stone and that never happened. I was laid off as a result of that just after being there 8 months. I left my previous company after almost 6 years for this position. The recruiting department really lacked structure and didn't follow any actual process making it challenging to do my job efficiently. The applicant tracking system wasn't the least bit sophisticated either. Hiring managers were not willing to listen to the recruiters and what their opinions were on candidates they were hiring. There is a lot of nepotism there and it felt as if the recruiters were just paper pushers. Other departments may not be the same but I did not have a positive experience here.
Pros
Casual Monday's and Friday's
Cons
Benefits not good, compensation not competitive
Top notch benefits and fast growing company with advancement opportunities and trainging programs
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 4, 2011
It is always refreshing to work for a company with management and staff that have excellent work ethics and integrity. This company has excellent employee benefits and training programs and opportunities. Their Human Resource Department is, by far, the best I have ever experienced.
Pros
excellent benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carrington Mortgage Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8