Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC Employee Reviews

Great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INNovember 30, 2016
Carrington Mortgage is an excellent career opportunity. I definitely recommend this company for anyone looking for employment.
Very stiff and serious company with bonuses
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INNovember 16, 2016
Work environment not friendly, too serious, cant get to know co workers. Nice bonuses for CS dept. Timed potty breaks. customers always upset. Company not up to date with time (still use fax, check by phone).
Pros
break room, bonuses
Cons
time bathroom breaks, no 401k, turn over rate
Horrible place
Mortgage Processor, Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INNovember 15, 2016
This is the worst company I have seen in my whole carrier. Management treats their employees like animals. You can't take vacation, if you request they will take away all your files that you worked so hard. No perks. No scope for growth. They will promise you whole world, big salary, bonus..6k a year, but the reality is there is no such thing. No annual raises. Management is hostile and take advantage of every situation.
My co-workerw were great
Loan Servicing Agent (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INNovember 7, 2016
I really liked my co-workers. In the course of the job when I began, it was a great job. The job was described to me as, taking payments over the phone and calling customers to remind them that their mortgage payments were due. After new management took over we were expected to be a hostile collection department. Management would yell at people on the floor which I felt was very unprofessional.

I began to see a very large turnover of employees. Even the supervisors (lower management) were unhappy and looking for other employment,
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Very hostile environment created by management
We Are Managed By Fear and By Intimidation.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo CAOctober 15, 2016
Most don’t know how to talk to their employees, and they don’t know how to listen. They don’t know how to probe for understanding, or how to create cohesion on a team. It has been very frustrating for many years, when managers are not fit to be managers. Instead, they lead through fear and intimidation.
Pros
Except for a few buttkissers and backstabbers, most coworkers are friendly.
Cons
The only way to move up at Carrintgton Mortgage is through an aaahole of the boss, and it has been like that since its inception.
Would Not Reccomend At All
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INOctober 13, 2016
Worked here for a year. Terrible training. Might as well just got directly on the phones and fend for yourself. They put new hires and new supervisors on the same teams. Everyone had little to no mortgage experience. They will hire anyone who can fit a headset on their head. Constant changing of management. I would never consider getting a mortgage from this place much less tell even a stranger to go work there. Waiting to see them on the news for some major violation in the industry. Worked with people who do drugs and drink on the job. The company does not care as long as these idiots can answer the phone.
Pros
Cons
Too numerous to mention
Great pay and great health insurance
Bankruptcy Senior Specialist litigation (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 12, 2016
Overall the culture at Carrington is good and I love my computer workers. Sometimes it can be a little chaotic but overall that's a normal think in servicing industry.
I like the family feeling in my department bankruptcy but I am not sure about other departments. Overall it's a good company as long as you are not lazy and are willing to work.
Pros
Pay health insurance inviroment Texas office
Cons
Chaos amoung management
support and team work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CASeptember 9, 2016
I've been working for Carrington Mortgage for 3 months and couldn't be happier. Management is very supportive and provides the tools required to be successful. The company provides lap tops, cell phone and expense reimbursement . My previous company did not provide any of this. Carrington also pays for continuing education and license renewal; that was a surprise. I'm happy with my decision to make the move. The first few weeks were stressful only because their systems and guidelines were different from my previous employer. That's to be expected at any job. I would highly recommend working for Carrington; the programs and tools required to be a success are definitely here.
Pros
Compensation, Cost of Health Benefits very low, support from Management
Cons
Did a contract for this company and got ripped off.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 16, 2016
A few years back I did a contract for compucom for setting up some of their offices. One in downtown LA. The pay was whatever. The IT's or project managers that picked out the equipment did a horrible job. I still had to get their office ready to go in an alotted amount of time.

Ine of their mess up was not enough cabling. There was a no wifi policy for specific reasons. So I was told by their manager there and her boss over the phone to do what I have to do and I'll get comp'd. I shopped around and got all the materials. Cables, connectors, cable management and other materials.

Put in the paperwork right after the job with receipts etc. Denied by the guy that said he'd approved them. My recruiter felt bad so he came out of pocket for the $40-60 dollars.
Pros
The staff in the room were cool. Some IT are good
Cons
Her boss was shady. They're cheap. Some IT's aren't that good
Love this place
Default Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 20, 2016
Staff is really nice. Everyone is friendly and they provide great training. Pay is good too. Security is really good too. You feel welcomed everyday and work is always flowing
Pros
Pay Rate, friendly staff
Cons
No raises
Very inconsistent, unorganized and secretive company
Loan Servicing Specialist /collections (Current Employee) –  Westfield, INMay 12, 2016
Been working here for a while....this company cares nothing about your life....all they care about is....NOTHING....no raises...inconsistent bonus structure....inconsistent policies that are not even across the board....i could go on and on.....employees fired because of illness...did I mention there's an ambulance here 2 times a week due to the stress this job places on an individual....
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Inconsistent....lack of care for employees and distance
Loan Officer RSC
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 26, 2016
Probably one of the worst company that I ever worked for. The pay plan changed 2 times in a period of 4 months. The Processing Team adds no value whatsoever. Feedback is not allowed by the Management and they don't really care either way. The upper management in California is incompetent and have no idea how the real purchase market works.
Pros
Cons
Processing, Pay, Management
Average company with a couple of niche products
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 17, 2016
Average mortgage company and have a couple of niche products for marketing. Was not there more than 2 months. Upper management did not seem to be well organized.
Part of Carrington Mortgage Holdings
Operations Analyst/ Team Lead/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 8, 2016
Carrington Mortgage Holdings, is the parent company of Carrington Mortgage services, I made a move within the company. The job requirements, were very similar.
Pros
Fast pased environment
Cons
No room for growth
Happy to work here
Private (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 29, 2015
Easy going place to work. Great benefits, 3 weeks vacation, 1 week sick pay, and 2 floating holidays. There is some nepotism, but it's out in the open and you just roll your eyes and deal with it. Other than that, the people I work with are great.
Pros
Good benfits, easy going
Cons
pay is on the low side
fair terms
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INNovember 10, 2015
A new experience and challenging environment. A lot to learn and gain at this job. The work load allows one to capture different information which one can use else where. this company equips you.
Pros
good support team
Cons
irregular work hours
dont do it
Customer Service representatives (Current Employee) –  Westfield, INNovember 3, 2015
The only thing good is the pay and now the bonuses arent what they use to be . They dont want people they want robots . You will get twenty answers from everyone .
Horrible Management
HRD (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 26, 2015
Management uses intimidation as form of motivation. They belittle instead of motivate. They don't provide tools for improvement or growth. Everything is a learning process until you get written up. They don't believe in giving you performance reviews or raises when they can fired you and hire someone new for less. Horrible company to work for.
Great company
Senior Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Denver Tech Center, COOctober 17, 2015
Great mortgage company, great team work environment, great compensation, experienced management team, fantastic main office in Anaheim, CA.
CMS will promise you the world and then change all the rules.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Westfield, INOctober 12, 2015
The training is crammed into 2 weeks for the minimal amount of information and then throw you to the wolves. The hourly pay is the only thing you can depend on. No Quality Control chart is given but they will base your bonus on this, and no bonus explanation is available either. It is a waste of time talking to management or HR to get answers, as they will just not answer you or give you the run around.If you hired in for Customer Service then be prepared to be collections, Bankruptcy, escrow or anything else. Asking for financials & very personal questions to borrowers. Be prepared to share your desk, including all sickness & germs. Smile, because they will as they stab you in the back. Oh, don't forget that transferring a call to the correct department is NOT really an option, that dept, isn't willing to take the call. Good luck,
you really are going to need it.
Pros
Cons
To many to list

2.5