Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC Employee Reviews in United States

Did a contract for this company and got ripped off.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 16, 2016
A few years back I did a contract for compucom for setting up some of their offices. One in downtown LA. The pay was whatever. The IT's or project managers that picked out the equipment did a horrible job. I still had to get their office ready to go in an alotted amount of time.

Ine of their mess up was not enough cabling. There was a no wifi policy for specific reasons. So I was told by their manager there and her boss over the phone to do what I have to do and I'll get comp'd. I shopped around and got all the materials. Cables, connectors, cable management and other materials.

Put in the paperwork right after the job with receipts etc. Denied by the guy that said he'd approved them. My recruiter felt bad so he came out of pocket for the $40-60 dollars.
Pros
The staff in the room were cool. Some IT are good
Cons
Her boss was shady. They're cheap. Some IT's aren't that good
Love this place
Default Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 20, 2016
Staff is really nice. Everyone is friendly and they provide great training. Pay is good too. Security is really good too. You feel welcomed everyday and work is always flowing
Pros
Pay Rate, friendly staff
Cons
No raises
Very inconsistent, unorganized and secretive company
Loan Servicing Specialist /collections (Current Employee) –  Westfield, INMay 12, 2016
Been working here for a while....this company cares nothing about your life....all they care about is....NOTHING....no raises...inconsistent bonus structure....inconsistent policies that are not even across the board....i could go on and on.....employees fired because of illness...did I mention there's an ambulance here 2 times a week due to the stress this job places on an individual....
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Inconsistent....lack of care for employees and distance
Loan Officer RSC
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 26, 2016
Probably one of the worst company that I ever worked for. The pay plan changed 2 times in a period of 4 months. The Processing Team adds no value whatsoever. Feedback is not allowed by the Management and they don't really care either way. The upper management in California is incompetent and have no idea how the real purchase market works.
Pros
Cons
Processing, Pay, Management
Part of Carrington Mortgage Holdings
Operations Analyst/ Team Lead/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 8, 2016
Carrington Mortgage Holdings, is the parent company of Carrington Mortgage services, I made a move within the company. The job requirements, were very similar.
Pros
Fast pased environment
Cons
No room for growth
Happy to work here
Private (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 29, 2015
Easy going place to work. Great benefits, 3 weeks vacation, 1 week sick pay, and 2 floating holidays. There is some nepotism, but it's out in the open and you just roll your eyes and deal with it. Other than that, the people I work with are great.
Pros
Good benfits, easy going
Cons
pay is on the low side
fair terms
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INNovember 10, 2015
A new experience and challenging environment. A lot to learn and gain at this job. The work load allows one to capture different information which one can use else where. this company equips you.
Pros
good support team
Cons
irregular work hours
dont do it
Customer Service representatives (Current Employee) –  Westfield, INNovember 3, 2015
The only thing good is the pay and now the bonuses arent what they use to be . They dont want people they want robots . You will get twenty answers from everyone .
Horrible Management
HRD (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 26, 2015
Management uses intimidation as form of motivation. They belittle instead of motivate. They don't provide tools for improvement or growth. Everything is a learning process until you get written up. They don't believe in giving you performance reviews or raises when they can fired you and hire someone new for less. Horrible company to work for.
Great company
Senior Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Denver Tech Center, COOctober 17, 2015
Great mortgage company, great team work environment, great compensation, experienced management team, fantastic main office in Anaheim, CA.
CMS will promise you the world and then change all the rules.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Westfield, INOctober 12, 2015
The training is crammed into 2 weeks for the minimal amount of information and then throw you to the wolves. The hourly pay is the only thing you can depend on. No Quality Control chart is given but they will base your bonus on this, and no bonus explanation is available either. It is a waste of time talking to management or HR to get answers, as they will just not answer you or give you the run around.If you hired in for Customer Service then be prepared to be collections, Bankruptcy, escrow or anything else. Asking for financials & very personal questions to borrowers. Be prepared to share your desk, including all sickness & germs. Smile, because they will as they stab you in the back. Oh, don't forget that transferring a call to the correct department is NOT really an option, that dept, isn't willing to take the call. Good luck,
you really are going to need it.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Great Place to Work
REO Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 26, 2015
I only gave Job security/Advancement 3 stars because I was laid off twice with this employer but I was called back when business increased. Overall, it was a great place to work. Management worked closely with their teams all the way up to the VP.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lots of reports
Don't bother
Funder (Current Employee) –  WestfieldAugust 14, 2015
They recruited me for a year. The first time I didn't get the job because I was told that all the closers would quit if they hired a manager outside of the company. Huge red flag! Next time they were moving offices and were waiting to hire. The last time I decided I would give the company and funder job a try and hated it from the first day. Loan officers were not trained, processors were overworked, doc drawers were struggling, underwriters were forced to get a ton a files approved everyday. All the mistakes, loose ends and issues end up with the funder, which was not in the job description. So many loans were screwed up and no way to fix it at the funding stage- it should have been fixed long before it got to funding. Management bends the Respa rules to fit their needs. No training provided and they are proud of it. Just hire dozens of loan officers and let them call on all the citi, chase and ba loans that were just bought for servicing and see if they can get a refi from the borrower, promise the borrower no costs and then screw up every possible thing on the file and leave it to others to try and save it. I quit after 2 weeks of the most headaches I've ever had in my life! I've never seen such incompetence.
Pros
Pay and bonus and overtime
Cons
Everything else
Fast pace Industry
Foreclosure Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 26, 2015
My daily work is combined with a very high volume, fast paced and demanding environment. I must have strong written communications with our national law firms to assist with all inquiries to complete the service assigned to the atty.
My weekly assignments are to touch every file assigned to me and assure I have provided the best service to meet our timelines.

My monthly projects are to assure management and HUD that we accomplish 100% of our given goals.
I have learned how to remember new processes, work in a fast environment, 100% accuracy, and meet given deadlines.

Carrington's management team is excellent. They too are given monthly training tools in which they apply to their individual teams and its working. We are highly motivated to work on behalf of our team leaders.

I have a very strong team. My co-workers work together as a team to help as a whole to assure we meet our given team goals. I love my current team.
The hardest part of my job is learning the 10 states statutes. I have learned if a new question comes up I now know how to find the answer, print and save to the shared folder for the teams future reference.
The most enjoyable part of my job is my team mates and meeting our monthly goals together. My company also offers free learning tutorials, such as resolving conflict, neutralizing a conflicted customer, leadership and management. I love my work environment and look to my future in learning more leadership skills.
Pros
Free Training
Cons
n/a
Very disappointed
Home Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 22, 2015
I always thought of Carrington as a great compnay and somewhere you can progress in your career. It depends on what manager you get stuck with and if you're male or female. Its a male world in there where only male employees progress unless you're either sleeping with your male boss or you're kissing his butt you will not get anywhere. The compensation was good but truth be told, they never gave me a chance to show what i had, they never allowed me to progress and in the long run, they laid me off because i wasnt pretty enough for the execs there.
Pros
compensation
Cons
you need to be a hot looking female to progress in this compabt
Nice place to work
Customer Service-Call Center (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 21, 2015
Carrington Mortgage is a nice place to work. Co-workers were tam players, enjoyed my job. The part I enjoyed most of my job was helping the customers with all the questions and concerns.
Not a fun place to work
Foreclosure Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 15, 2015
Management is horrible. They hate someone that asks questions and expect you to know the job the second you start working.
Fun Place to Work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 9, 2015
Great atmosphere. Great place to work. People are friendly. Good Work/Home Life balance.

Need to speed up the hiring process by getting better applicant tracking system in to stream-line hiring process and get more automated, rather than the manual process that other companies have used decades ago.
Good intentions bad execution
Branch Principle (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 17, 2015
This company provides a lot of promise and potential, but the execution by those in charge are misguided. They do not evaluate the impact of their decisions on those below them. They want 110% from their staff, but provide them tools that are not up to the task of supporting the level of work they desire.

Moreover, there is a lack of direct training. They have a few highly compensated folks they fly around the country to lecture from fancy power points. However they do not focus on any practically useful training elements.

There are many problems masked by the incredible profit margin on their sub-prime loans. When the profit starts to shrink their error of their ways will be much more visible.
Pros
Strong compensation plan
Cons
Misguided management
Workplace
Retail SR. Funder (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 13, 2015
Great place to work at, benefits are amazing and managmet is great and helpful. I love working for Carrington Mortgage.

2.5