Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC Employee Reviews

Bad Manager
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 21, 2017
We had a great Manager, Director and Team in the beginning!
Then all HE!! broke lose. I don't what type of Mission they have however it was NOT productive.....Good Luck
Pros
Pay check
Cons
Company
poor balance of home and work life
Loan processor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 15, 2017
Very stressful days, hated going into work felt unappreciated. Don't ever feel like the work i put in is ever good enough. Feel like i was presented with a different idea and picture of how my daily work load and overall moral would be.
Great Company
Lock Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 13, 2017
Management is great, relaxed and very supportive. I have learned to work very well with other team members. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the LO's and brokers.
Disorganized
Default Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INSeptember 12, 2017
It wasn't all bad but this company has some serious directional issues. Perhaps a company of this size just isn't for me but most of the workers keep their heads down and hope they can keep their jobs from day to day. Don't expect to be inspired, just use your time here as experience to move on to a friendlier environment.
Pros
Occasionally they'll buy you pizza on Fridays.
Cons
See my review
Poor management and culture
Sr closing processor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 2, 2017
The job is easy and the bonuses are the best I have ever received as a processor. However, it is not enough to outweigh the horrible management and sweat shop like culture. Do not expect to leave before 7pm and expect to work Saturdays. Expect your management to address you unprofessionally in emails and Infront of your peers. Also management likes to party with subordinates and show favoritism at work. Also, fraud is a daily occurrence and management will turn a blind eye. You will sell your soul to the devil working for Carrington.
Pros
Salary / bonuses
Cons
10-12 hour days and unprofessional management; sweatshop
Growing pains.
Sr. Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 24, 2017
The atmosphere is pretty stressful with CMS. The company is suffering from growing pains. Management was always changing what the priority was at the time. Projects to correct projects.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
NO 401k in place when I was there
Met my best Boss working for CMS:
Sr. Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 14, 2017
Great Sr. Management team to work with, I had the opportunity to work for both Operations and I.T divisions here and CMS/CMH is one of the best companies I ever worked for.
The management expects top performance from each team member every day, and in return workers are rewarded with great bonuses and fun gatherings.
Consistent top producing full doc processor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 14, 2017
I have been with Carrington for 1.5 years. They expect alot from each team member but we are rewarded with great bonuses and fun gatherings from time to time. Overall I find that Carrington is a good place to call home.
Productive and fun place to work
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 12, 2017
Productive and fun place to work with relaxed environment. Promotes work life balance. Opportunity for advancement. Contributes to charitable organizations
Love my job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Westfield, INAugust 9, 2017
I think it is a great place to work, I love my coworkers.
Management makes it fun with activities, Our company President goes out of his way to keep every person in the company involved in our day to day operations. We also do a lot for the community.
Pros
Place to grow with
Cons
can't think of any
Very Unprofessional and Unfair work place
Loan Processor III (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 7, 2017
Sweat shop , managers are not trained or care about the employee, only goal and money driven, worst experience I've ever had in my life. Most stressful job ever. People dress like they are lying around their house, very dirty environment.
Pros
Cons
everything you can think of
Great Company
Special Servicing Specialist/Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 6, 2017
Very supportive of staff and customers. Very family oriented. Nice managers and supervisors. Good benefits. They try to help customers retain their homes.
Good environment
Licensed Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNAugust 3, 2017
Good environment with a ping pong table. Not a bad company to work for, loved the people I worked with. The company services it's loans so it there were inbound calls that were possible loans.
Productive and fun enviorment
Sr. Loan Funder (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 2, 2017
A typical day at work coming in getting started with gathering your job duties for the day...I have learned how to do other job functions other than my own. management held meetings once a week to keep everybody updated with what was happening within the company and proving everyone with training. The most hardest part of the job was learning the system once they made multiple changes. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the customers happy,
Pros
Bonuses every month
Cons
Layoffs
Excellent Place to work!
Loan Counselor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 15, 2017
Carrington Mortgage is the best job I ever had. I love the culture , and my coworkers are now friends. We have goals, but we also play games for prizes, and fun events. The management is understanding, and they treat you like family.
Pros
Great culture, time-off, bonus
Cons
no cons
a typical day at work
Post Closing -Government Insuring Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 14, 2017
pushing for daily production and relaxing environment, clean surrounding, pleasant co-workers, along with good benefits. it's a very small company with alot of office space
Myopic organization focused on themselves and not the customer
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 14, 2017
This organization brought me in to head up their home builder division. It quickly became apparent they had no idea how the home builder environment worked or how to process and management this business. Not only that they had no desire to learn. In 18 months we did not close one transaction on time and we burned many bridges.
I loved the people and learned alot!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Westfield, INJuly 13, 2017
I learned alot about mortgages. I have a good understanding in regards to escrow. I understand customer service in a different way and I have become a very good at multi-tasking.
Truthfully not my line of work but I will say that all the people I met were amazing. I also thought the management was excellent.
Pros
Great benefits, paid time off and pay.
Cons
Took away your whole day. Never had time to do anything else.
Productive, with drive to succeed in the mortgage industry
Customer Service Representative/Escrow Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westfield, INJune 30, 2017
This company was constantly growing, and looking for new ways to help our customers. They appreciated everyone's hard work, and I enjoyed working for this company.
Not planing on returning
Default Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INJune 21, 2017
I learned a lot while working but I was expected to work 50 hours each week. Micromanaged all of the time. The department I worked wouldn't allow me to talk to other departments during work times.
Cons
micromanaging

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7