Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC

Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC Employer Reviews

great employer
Loss Mitigation Bankruptcy Specialist II (Former Employee), santa ana caFebruary 23, 2015
enjoy and loved working there. co-workers were good. Some of management were micro-managers but most were great. Location was great. Benefits were amazing and charity foundations great.
No life, just work
Senior Project Manager - PMO IT (Former Employee), Aliso Viejo, CAJanuary 27, 2015
80-20 work-life balance is what is going on in Carrington. The unpublished expected hours per day is about 10 (excluding lunch).There is no employee appreciation, in simple words: North Korean leadership style!
Hire for temp only
Component Servicing Underwriter (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: mos positions are temp
Carrington is knayow for hiring and laying off. Don't expect to stay long
Excellent company to work for
Sr. QC Originations Analyst (Former Employee), Aliso Viejo, CADecember 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches on a monthly basis for hard work
Cons: not having managements support
Was not to impressed with the management of the department, department was a new 'test department' for the company.
I did learn about different ways that borrower's commit fraud and that was interesting and very enjoyable.
Changes within my department is the cause of me seeking employment elsewhere.
Servicing Specialist & Default Document Specialist (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CADecember 4, 2014
I was happy at Carrington Mortgage until the company downsized my department. I was offered the option of applying for another position within my company, which was at a substantial decrease in pay, or resign from the company. This did not sit well with me or many of my co-workers in my department. But we all needed our jobs. This move just made me feel like I was backed into a corner with really no good option. The work environment is safe and comfortable. My co-workers are good people. I enjoyed being in my department and helping distressed borrowers.
worst company to work for
wholesale (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches - free hot cocoa and cofee in the lunch room
Cons: everything else - management - poor organization
This company doesn't know where it's going - they want to do too much and don't do a lot of it well ... management is always breathing down your neck micromanaging you to the bone and most of it's members know less than those individuals they are trying to manage! They are still suffering through their bad reputation from inheriting New Century and now that the Feds are coming after them they have started to panic and all this chaos is poured down to their poor and loyal employees ... don't seek employment here you will regret it !!!
Continuously growing company but stagnant pay structure
Home Retention Specialist/ Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: ablity to grow and learn new products
Cons: no 401k, no raises
I have worked for CMS for about four years and have not only learned so much about this industry but have developed essential skills that I know will help me in the future. I feel that my hard work has been appreciated in many ways however, I feel that I am significantly lacking in monetary compensation. Although my experience level has grown tremendously and I have been in a few different positions since I was first hired with no experience I am making the same hourly, granted the bonus structure has fluctuated but I cannot gripe enough how disheartening it is to work with people who do much less and make significantly more based on" years of experience".

I will say that the mortgage industry does provided instability with job security but if you're a hard worker they usually will make sure that you are repositioned.
DEAD END COMPANY - WORST MANAGEMENT TEAM EVER
same (Former Employee), orlandoJuly 21, 2014
Pros: friends left behind
Cons: to many to list
I would prefer to be on food stamps then work here again. The home office in California is so dysfunctional words cant even describe. The HR department is horrible. If you do decide to work here stay for a year then sue them for back overtime due to you working all day and then until 10 at night at home. This company will be gone in time - I am still friends with many and I see a mass exodus to the door. All the great talent is gone or going. Only the dead weight will remain till the doors close. PLEASE don't let a loved one use them for a loan.

This ad should read " ENTER AT OWN RISK"
Not very Professional
Underwriter (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: they paid ok
Cons: read my review
I was contracted employee, they had us walk about 1 1/2 miles to get to work we could not part in the same parting area that the rest of them employees did. the supervisors knew there jobs and were able to help us out when we needed to ask a question, but they did not act like professional. They reminded me of a high school lunch room.
Sweat shop
Employee (Current Employee), Fishers, INJune 27, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: health care not great, long long hours, depressing environment
Lots of great people to work with but management is terrible, no real leadership because of Corporate rulings. OT is practically mandatory and lots of people put in at least 50 hours a week if not more. Bad attitude runs throughout the company. It doesn't matter what position you are in.
Need a more career oriented option
LOAN OFFICER (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJune 26, 2014
Pros: base salary, very competitive & thorough healthcare benefits
Cons: no new leads to sell & losing my boss to someone who didnt know my job.
I was brought directly into this company by the man who brought me into the mortgage business 23 years ago. I was very happy about that. A typical day at work consisted of getting on 1-2 dialer campaigns for current portfolio customers as well as aged internet leads. I learned very quickly that I was not on an even playing field & that certain employees were very favored & given profitable leads that were only available to a few fortunate loan officers. The man who brought me in was fired & replaced by someone who was temporary & had not originated loans. This did not make a lot of sense to me. The co-workers were friendly & helpful. The hardest part of the job was waiting for the new portfolio that was long coming but continually delayed so we were calling the same customers even more than once a day. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was working for the man who brought me into the business as we were both very skillfully trained in sales through the original mortgage company.
Loan Modification Underwriter (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJune 11, 2014
Pros: normal
Cons: normal
Normal, nothing to talk about

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Horrible place to work!!!!!
Loan Modification Underwriter (Former Employee), Santa Ana, Ca.June 10, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: too many to name.....
I lasted one month at this unprofessional sweat shop!! The main manager (I won't mention his name) would walk around all day discussing his private parts and belittling the employees. No direction from management at all. The managers had no experience in underwriting and could not answer questions. Apparently being a TEMP entitles them to treat you horrible, they even had us park over a 1/4 mile away in December in the rain because they didn't want their "Temps" parking in their lot....Unbelievable working conditions., everybody was quitting left and right and apparently they laid everyone off after we left.
nice place to work
Cash Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAMay 21, 2014
fast paced environment. coworkers were nice people to work with. would work there again under different management.
Productive and fun environment work place
Hybrid Loan Modification Underwriter (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAMay 6, 2014
The best part is that everyone knew what their roles where. Come into work, clock in and start pumping out loans.
Not a long term career
Loan Modification Underwriter/Customer Service (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: layoffs management
rather not go into detail but company have had several layoffs within 2 years
Component Servicing, Loan Modification Underwriter (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAMarch 13, 2014
I was hired as "Temp to Hire", unfortunately I was never made a permanent employee. I enjoyed working there while the contract with Bank of America lasted. There are many great employees and the contacts I have made are invaluable.
Fun place
Loan Modification Underwriter (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: unstable
I really enjoy working here. It was my first position underwriting loan modifications. Great people and a great company.
Professional, fun, and a pleasure to work for.
Cash Management Disbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CaMarch 4, 2014
Pros: job security, good moral, always something to do, free bagel & fruit fridays, great benefits, great employees, and so much more.
Cons: not flexible or parent-friendly, in my opinion
The average day was very busy, there's always something to do and can be improved on. Management was professional, held accountability as they should, and looked out for their employees.
My coworkers were great. The problem co-workers that plagued our department left the company, thank God.
I enjoyed interacting with others, the busy demands of the job, and supporting my Management in being a bigger and better company.
Company was never honest in what it hired people for.
Loan Underwriter (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CaMarch 4, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: company was not honest about the position they were hiring for.
I was hired to be a modification loan underwriter, based on my years of experience. I was told that there would be 2 teams of 10 people each, doing modifications for loans being bought by the company to help people stay in their homes.
On my first day, low and behold, there were over 200 hundred people hired!!! Instead of being a job modifying loans the company bought, it was instead a job doing the grunt work for a very large bank. At the largest point, there were over 400 people working on this project.
The sad part there was never enough work for all of the people they hired. There were constant changes, programs changes, etc, almost daily. The so called team leaders did not have ANY underwriting experience at all, it appeared that they were managers simply because of who they knew. It is very sad to see a person who is 25 years old with no mortgage underwriting experience berating a person of 60 years of age with 40 years of experience.
At the end, the company did not have any work for the many people they hired, and started laying off people with the most experience, keeping only temporary people with very little or no loan underwriting/management experience.

About Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC

We strive to provide the most competitive array of loan products in the marketplace with the most aggressive pricing. View our – Read more

Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC Salaries