Carrington Employee Reviews

Exceptional place to work!
Enrollment Services (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 4, 2016
Carrington has been an amazing place to work. The students are truly passionate about helping others and the staff, faculty and leadership have created an exceptional culture of care over the last several years.

For anyone who has a positive attitude, good work ethic, and desire to grow, there are many opportunities. The college has made available several leadership courses and leadership does a great job providing necessary resources to foster growth.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people change and grow. Watching students progress through their programs, walk across the stage at graduation, and move into successful careers is a very rewarding aspect. Likewise, seeing co-workers move into roles with increased levels of responsibility is inspiring and motivating.

The hardest part of the job is seeing people who are just not a good fit, have a poor attitude, or just a victim mentality struggle in their roles, despite efforts made by managers to help them.

I've learned a lot in my time at Carrington and I'm always looking forward to seeing where we go next.
Pros
Great students, great people, lots of support, great culture
Cons
Sometimes necessary changes are slow to roll out
Not sure if pleople would come to work
c.n.a/c.m.a. (Former Employee) –  KSJune 17, 2012
I wish that it was a better place to work ...No one came to work and it was a hard place to work
Pros
the residents could tell you what they needed
Cons
no like to work
clean,facility has good reputation overall
charge nurse health care unit (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 25, 2012
alot of recent changes,some not so positive.nurses not allowed to use skills,old management team in place not open to changes.feel I can do more ,cna problems.lack disapline.unit manager not addressing problems.not organized and I cant fix,co workers like most places some good and some not,long term administrator not pleasant and runs facility with iron fist,not approachalbe,facility has money problems and we have had paychecks bounce.do not feel secure at all,work under constant fear.high stress level compared to other places I have been.could be good place as nurse resident ratio is not bad.I really need to try something else.
Pros
my rate of pay is fine.our resident acuity level is low
Cons
long term cnas running units, nurses only figure heads, not respected at all