Carroll Fulmer Logistics Employee Reviews

Awesome establishment
Class B Trailer Technician (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLOctober 2, 2017
Learned so much from here i couldnt thank them enough. Carrol Fulmer taught me to trust in my judgement and to be ale to assess a situation given sounds or a list of procedures taken into fixing a safety issue
cool
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLSeptember 21, 2017
Standard over the road trucking company. You get a load, deliver, send it in. Dispatch was alright, Pay was ok. They Do Care about their drivers though.
Overall summary
Trailer Technician (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLAugust 29, 2017
working for carroll fulmer was great. i sometimes regret leaving. i was looking for a better income source and instead its left me jobless. I enjoyed carroll fulmer as it was greatly managed. there was always something to do. pay wasnt the best but it was guaranteed.
The people are fun to work with, work together, and there's always things to do
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLAugust 23, 2017
I loved my time at Carroll Fulmer and hated leaving them. My coworkers were always very friendly and shared the workload fairly. If it were not for moving, I'd probably still be working for them.
Just like other big trucking companies
Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Groveland, FLJuly 25, 2017
I hope you like the northeast. They tell you youll see all 48 but they stick you on a New England route and it's the same every week. The shop doesn't rush to do much and they don't care that you're not making money sitting. They're extremely understaffed in the shop and weekend and night dispatch. They won't answer the phones during those times so if you have an emergency good luck. The dispatchers basically give you your loads and that's it. They don't help with any thing else. You break down call the shop. You need a hotel for the night because your apu quit call someone else. You have questions about your check your vacation your hours the route or anything else they refer you somewhere else. They just don't want to do anything for you. THe pay isn't horrible about average. The Qualcomm is old and slow. You average about 2500 miles a week but for some reason it seems like more. Lots of heavy loads so lots of tandem adjustment. Overall not a horrible company but could definitely be better organized.
Pros
Not much micromanaging
Cons
Always northeast
nice company.out every 2 weeks.
Over the Road Driver(OTR Driver) (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLMarch 15, 2017
I got custody of my daughter is the only reason I had to leave .I had to find a local job .On holidays they treated us well ,advances were nice.they places you can sleep if your layed over at terminal.
Pros
they do take care of there drivers, the best ive seen
Cons
sometimes you might sit to long waiting on a load.
Very Family oriented company and will to help you an any way they can.
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLMarch 6, 2017
My experience with this company was great, if i could go back out on the road it would definitely be with this company. i love working with them, very understanding of anything that came across the table.
Pros
Employee appreciation
Great work place
Driver (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 28, 2016
Great job, but how ever being on the road and loving this company as much as I do... Seeing the things I see from other drivers. I feel Carroll Fulmer needs to step up on the drug testing.... I saw a driver buy from a supplier SMH how sad... Something needs to be done I am all about safety..
Very poor planning and communication
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLOctober 19, 2016
You will not make money here. Horrible place to be if you want to earn a living. Lots of "live loading" for which you get NOTHING!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
East coast driver otr
Driver (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 5, 2016
Have been with Carrol Fulmer a few years now and review most parts of the company great. Pay is OK but wish we were a top pay carrier. Family oriented and a nice family to work for
good place to work
breakdown coordinator (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLMay 10, 2016
worked in several departments including trailer shop,lube pit but the last 4 yeas i was breakdown coordinator,, this job required dealing with drivers and vendors recieving q- com messages and at the same time recieving phone calls could be very stressful at times, had to learn very difficult comp program,, worked well with mgm and techs in shop, only left to retire and under very good conditions. no doubt in my mind the fulmers would give me a very good recomendation
Extreme let down.
Over The Road Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLJanuary 5, 2016
I thought I was going to really enjoy working for this company. I liked the fact that they are family owned. However, once I started working for the company it was a bit of a let down. My first driver manager was awesome, but then they let him go and put my with a dm who didn't seem to care whether or not my truck sat or rolled! I didn't even make enough money at that point to pay my bills so i was forced to find employment elsewhere. This is also a company that tries everything they can to make sure you do not go home on a weekend and if you find a way to make it happen you will loose one day of home time!
Pros
I didn't experience any.
Cons
Family life/time does not matter to this company!
OK company
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, ALJuly 5, 2015
ok company to work for, not a lot of room for advancement. Micro managed by supervisors, pay is good but not great and employees are not allowed to give input.
Great company to work for
Fleet Manager/Customer Service/Broker (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALApril 8, 2015
Great company to work for just needed better insurance for my family. Management was great and they treated everyone as family.
A good place to work, very friendly family company
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Groveland, FLMarch 8, 2015
The job is fairly easy, mostly drop and hooks and off you go with an average of 300 to 600 miles a day. You can work as much as you want and there is plenty of work. You choose 7 days out 2 to 3 days home or otr and home 4 to 5 .
Very family orientated
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Mac trucks at 65
Truck driving OTR
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLFebruary 18, 2015
OTR with Carroll Fulmer was fun everyday I met a new driver with the company. I was able to experience new sites and cultures in other states.
Pros
Healthcare, vacations, great people
Cons
fast paced environment, lots of communication skills required
Freight Broker (Current Employee) –  st. petersburg, FlFebruary 11, 2015
fast paced environment, less than 10 employee staff, work 0800-1700 on most days, a lot of days you would have to stay 1-2 hours later to get the business done.
Pros
free lunches every month, bonus pool, great learning environment
Cons
after hours dispatch once every couple months, long hours without overtime
Challenging and great support system.
Independent Agent Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, INJanuary 29, 2015
High call volume and very challenging. Fast paced environment that presents something new everyday. I have been in the Transportation Industry for over 30 years and everyday you learn something new as well as experiencing something new. I loved the daily challenges and would find it exhilarating and rewarding. The hardest part of this job for me was the 24/7 on call. It's just simply because once I'm woke up in the middle of the night, I find it very difficult to go back to sleep. Other than that, I made it work for me. I truly love working with people from all walks of life and being in the transportation industry has opened many new friendships for me. People that I will keep in contact with for the remainder of my life. Superior management in all departments from safety to maintenance to accounts payables and receivables. Everyone has a job to do and they all put pride into it.
Pros
Great opportunity for growth.
Truck load
Interstate Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLJanuary 28, 2015
These were good people to work with.But they keep you out 21 days at a time.
**Brokerage Division** /**Branch XX** Great People, Horrible pay after initial taste.
Operational Logistic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 8, 2013
**Brokerage Division** Branch XX- Not reflective of Carroll Fulmer Cooperate

Great bunch of hard working people. Pay from start to 1st year, is a tease of their salary/bonus plan. Then comes weekly pay cut of $200, for a Bi anual bonus that equates to less than the $10800, pay cut of Salary to Hourly.

Pros
people
Cons
pay and work balance