Carroll Hospital Center Employee Reviews

Fantastic hospital!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDJanuary 5, 2017
Incredible facility. Very modern. The doctors perform at the top rank. The nurses are incredible. Everyone is very friendly throughout the hospital. Very well kept.
Nice place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDDecember 6, 2016
Loved the community feel of the hospital. The higher ups knew who you were. My nursing manager sent notes when a good job was being done. It's nice to be recognized and be noticed!
Pros
Free parking
unsafe matrix of nurses to patients, always short-staffed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDNovember 13, 2016
Long-time employee and agree with other reviews that since Lifebridge took over hospital went down-hill. You can and will be fired on any given day. Firing seasoned nurses and staffing with new grads Particular units are unsafe with RN's doing all primary care never have a tech. Management just kept adding more and more paperwork for RN's to do. Never got out of a 12 hour day shift on time.
Pros
several co-workers had been working together for over 20 years
Cons
barely ever had a normal lunch break, unsafe staffing, management
Great place to work and great interaction with patients.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDOctober 31, 2016
This was a great place to work for the first 8 years. Then they changed the matrix so I was the only tech for 24 patients on a telemetry floor. I felt that was not safe. It also became all about documentation and patient care came second.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Not enough patient care
Low pay
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDOctober 25, 2016
I applied for a chaplain position wth Carroll Hospice and was offered the position. But when they came back with the offer, it was way too low and well below the average pay for a comparable position . I asked them to reconsider based on other experience they hadn't considered, but the offer did not change. It seems that those making the offer are out of touch with what it costs to live in this area. I was very frustrated because I am more than qualified for the position.
nice at first, then terrible
hard worker (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDJune 8, 2016
The work is good solid work and the co-workers for the most part are good people. The management is horrible. They will fire you with no notice and make up a reason that suits them. The truth doesn't matter. What's right doesn't matter. HR supports the management only to fire people. For any other reason HR is deaf and useless. They are not there to help or even listen.
Since the merger with Lifebridge middle management have been even worse. They realize their positions are not necessary and are trying to show they are needed by forcing their authority when it makes them look good. They think this will keep them in their positions.
This is probably why there are about 150 positions open at the hospital.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
HR and management
Not a good place to work due to take-over
Coordinator Diabetes Center (Former Employee) –  Tevis Center for WellnessApril 26, 2016
Ever since the Life Bridge take-over, management has become paranoid about job security. They are pre-occupied with "looking good" to the new administration. As you know, this undue stress trickles down to the "front line." There are many unjust decisions made there. Poor management training. Most associates are unhappy. Avoid this place. People are fleeing this organization.
Pros
Nice rural setting
Cons
Physicians and nurses are leaving due to administrative changes, as non clinical people are making clinical decisions.
Suggest NOT work here.
customer service (Former Employee) –  Carroll County, MDNovember 12, 2015
Poor management and always short staffed make a very stressful work environment. No recognition for job performance. Salary and benefits are not keeping up with cost of living.
A great place to work!
Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDNovember 2, 2015
Very friendly staff who love to teach and show you the in's and out's of the job. The most enjoyable part was being apart of team who love what they do.
Great People to work with!
Respiratory Therapist / Exec. Director (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDOctober 14, 2015
Great experience with growing environment. Staff is superior and puts in an enormous effort consistently. Would encourage employment at Carrol Hospital.
Pros
Always trying to improve
productive
Sterile Processing Technician II (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDOctober 8, 2015
very nice hospital, good people, nice facility, they keep improving.
will recommend this place to others. the overall management team is good. I enjoyed working with the sterile processing team and I leaned a lot of skills like patience and forgiveness.
productive and with very good food and nice people
carroll hospital center (Former Employee) –  carroll hospital centerSeptember 15, 2015
All of my coworkers and mentors were well respected and fun to work with the experience overall i loved and if could do it over again i will the hrs were very suitable for me as well
Productive place of employment
Collection Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDSeptember 1, 2015
A job that you can go to and receive instant gratification just by completing your job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people: those you work with, those you help, and those that help you.
Wellness benefits readily available
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDAugust 23, 2015
Supportive management to help you grow with the hospital. Big changes among the hospital due to the merger but the co-workers help each other through it all.
Pros
Wellness benefits
Cons
Merger
No thanks for hard work
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDJune 24, 2015
I worked at CHC for 19 years! I loved most of my coworkers, it's what kept me there so long, but management does not know what they are doing. They recently moved sick cardiac patients from a unit where all the nurses had years and years of cardiac experience and put them on a unit with nurses who have been medical nurses for years before they were able to get all the appropriate education! It isn't safe and we've seen some bad outcomes. We were always working short staffed, making it very unsafe in emergency situations. There is no room for growth, mgmt. plays favorites, you wont be given opportunities if you speak your mind and try to support what's right for the patients, only if you go along with what the management wants, or if you are friends or family of the CEO/managers. It's disheartening to see how things have gone there over the years, you would hope for more out of a small community hospital. The community unfortunately doesn't see what's happening on the inside and the unsafe practices that are happening. Also, our insurance benefits are terrible. If you don't go to CHC docs, (which believe me, once you know some, it's hard to find one you'd want to go to) they don't pay the higher coverage, and if you need a procedure you can't get there, they pay at the lower coverage as well. Really not fair. They preach "wellness' but won't pay for appropriate screenings recommended by your doctor.
Pros
Teamwork, there is no other way to get by
Cons
Poor management, no reward/recognition for a job well done, no room for growth.
Hard physical work
Registrar August (Former Employee) –  Westminster MDJune 16, 2015
The work was hard, the management was hard to work with. I did enjoy helping keep the patients room clean for them and their visitors. I left to take a full time position at the bank where I previously worked.
Great team work environment
Emergency Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDMay 27, 2015
Worked night shift. how to deal with life & death situations. Loved co-workers. Hard dealing with angry people enjoyed helping everyone.
Pros
Free Immunizations & Training
Cons
Short lunches
good at first
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDMay 5, 2015
good to place at first to work and then you have an eye opener. You won't get promoted or recognized for good work accomplished. HR is non responsive to complaints. Even though your job description is set, they can have you do whatever they want outside of your area of expertise. Bottom line, save some of your life skills for other places that will benefit you and allow you to use your skills to the max.
Miscommunication
Distribution Tech (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDApril 17, 2015
Parr designated areas. Pick supplies. Learned that miscommunication is a big thing in management to employees. Management isn't the best. Co-workers are okay. Hardest part of the job is being blamed for this that weren't in my control. Most enjoyable part of the job is leaving.
Pros
Getting a paycheck
Cons
Great workplace with wonderful associates
Respiratory Care Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDMarch 31, 2015
Have worked at CHC since 2001 and planned on finishing my career there, however, my three young children now reside in Morgantown, WV and I must be there for them. Absolutely enjoy being an RCP!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carroll Hospital Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Carroll Hospital Center Reviews by Location