Carroll Hospital Center

Carroll Hospital Center Employer Reviews

Great at First......................
Associate (Current Employee), Westminster, MDAugust 31, 2014
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: hr, management, health care cost
It was great at first until you start to see how this place is managed.
Gotta know somebody to be somebody.
People who have friends in upper management basically have a free pass to do whatever they want, get positions created for them, get away with not completing the duties they were hired for even though they jeopardize patient safety.
Pretty high – more... turnover rate.
HR is a JOKE here. You bring up an issue and a few weeks later it's no longer an issue or even mentioned in conversation with your HR rep. Even though it is still an issue. It just Silently disappears.
And if you pursue the said issue you're told that what you brought up was hearsay.........when you were the person with the issue, no third party involved.
The benefits are sub par here, even though we are told they are comparable.......laughable would be a better comparison. Especially from a healthcare provider that is forcing every doctor in the area out of private business and "making" them join the hospital system you'd think they would have better rates.
You're required to lose weight, cholesterol, blood pressure, nicotine, and any other affliction to get discounts on your health care insurance. And if you don't, that price is ridiculous. You can get better through some internet insurance companies.
And the HR rep that manages the benefits is worthless.
Most of the people here are great but there is an underlying stigma that everyone carries, that's not talked about but you can feel it, that most everyone generally hates being there but you have to be nice or else you'll get a spirit violation, and if you get 2 you're gone, and those are based off of people/employee even x-employee complaints.
Forceful happiness...
All in all if you love your craft in the medical industry this place may suit you, but in my case it does not.
Beware of a worthless HR dept. and management is not far behind. – less
Keeps you on your toes and your skills up
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Westminster, MDAugust 20, 2014
Everyone knows you and knows things about you on a personal level. You could walk down the hall at any given moment and a staff member from a different department or a Doctor might ask how your kids are or how your trip was at the beach.
Very busy emergency room with ability to learn new things
Emergency Room Registrar (Current Employee), Westminster, MDJuly 23, 2014
Pros: busy work place
Cons: weekends and holidays, not monday through friday
A typical day starts by coming in at 630a.m. and clocking in. We start out by looking on our tracking board that shows all the patient in the Emergency Room. The patients that are highlighted in pink are the ones that still need to be registered. When there are no patients to be registered we continue to stock the cabinets with packets and bracelets – more... for the patients that come in. Typically around 930-10 o'clock a.m, it begins to get busy in the ER and we no longer have a break except for lunches. We are usually on our feet for the whole shift unless it is our turn to be out at the front desk greeting and checking in patients. The most enjoyable part of the job that I personally like, is how busy it is. I love to stay busy. The job can get very stressful but I don't let any of that bother me and never get stressed out. – less
Managed hospital billing and collection department, handling rejected claims.
Manager (Former Employee), Westminster, MDJune 1, 2014
Pros: educational experience with all insurance carriers.
Cons: some employees not being held to same standards as co-workers.
Generation of daily bills, creation of workflows for employees handling the insurance denials. Appealing authorization denials and handle outside inquiries for medical records. Managing employees that felt they didn't need managing and finding out that staff created an atmosphere behind your back making working with the employees somewhat difficult. – more... Not given the power to correct certain employees due to personal interactions with upper management. – less
Horrible management and administration
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), WestminsterMay 24, 2014
Pros: building great relationships with patients
Cons: i could write a book
Run while you can!! I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to apply here! The majority of coworkers are great to work with, but management and administration are the worst I've ever encountered in my life! They don't care about their employees at all. If you even try to bring up any issues, they are either swept under the rug or you are told " there's – more... the door ". You shouldn't have to go to work everyday wondering who will be next on the chopping block! This is why you see so many jobs available at Carroll Hospital Center. Think long and hard before you apply because you will be sorry you ever did , eventually!! – less
Horrible Administration/Human Resources
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), WestminsterMarch 18, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: wish i would have left sooner!
Loved working for Carroll Health Group... but the administration/human resources did not support any issues, always ready to write you up or fire you. All they care about is bringing in the dollars! Was not good patient care.
productive
Intern (Former Employee), Westminster, MDDecember 26, 2013
Pros: long breaks
Cons: only a temp job
working on the computers the magmaet was good my coworkers was good it wasn't really a hard job it was on a temp job I would have loved to stayed there but didn't need me anymore
Great co-workers
ER Registrar/Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Westminster, MDNovember 21, 2013
Enjoyable working atmosphere; enjoyed working with patients who needed help acquiring Medical Assistance and help with their bills.
Great learning opportunity as nurse extern.
Nurse Externship (Former Employee), Westminster, MDNovember 2, 2013
This was an excellent opportunity while in nursing school to foster skills and learn the flow of the hospital setting. It helped me learn time management skills. Staff was very friendly and took the time to demonstrate and teach me nursing skills.
Great Environment - Poor Pay
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Westminster, MDJuly 21, 2013
Pros: great values and environment, great people
Cons: look for a second job and/or move to pa and commute.
I honestly love working here. It is one of the better environments I've worked in. Surrounded by very intelligent and dedicated people. It's very easy to stay busy because there is always plenty to do with new projects all the time. The only downfall is the pay. You get plenty of PTO but the pay is very poor in comparison to the rest of the industry – more... in the area. – less
The Dove House was the most caring job I ever had.It was the best learning experience I've ever had.
Certified Hospice Palliative Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Westminster, MDJuly 3, 2013
Cons: not having enough staff.
I enjoyed working with the pt's and families and the nursing staff, ,secretaries and the EVS aides.My manager was the best we ever had.She was fair and cared about her staff.The hardest part of the job was when the acuity was high and we did not have extra staff.The staff that was there,pulled together as a team and we were able to do our jobs.The EVS – more... aides and the secretaries were always there when we needed an extra hand.It was the best team I ever worked with.The best part of the job was making a difference to the patients and their families at a difficult time in their life.And making some of the best friends I'll ever have. – less
Loved the work enviroment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Westminster, MDApril 5, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: the schedule
I loved the work enviroment and the people i worked with. The day was usually busy which made the day go by fast.
Great leaning experence
Diagnostic Department Volunteer (Former Employee), Westminster, MDMarch 31, 2013
Volunteered to see if health care was for me. They show me all aspects of the field i was interest in.
GOOD TEAMWORK ENVIRONMENT
Rehab Aide (Former Employee), Westminster, MDMarch 19, 2013
HELPING THERAPISTS WITH DAILY PT TREATMENTS. ASSISTING WITH HEAVY LIFTS, POSITIONING, ETC..LEARNED HOW TO TREAT PEOPLE WITH RESPECT, AND THAT EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND HAS TO BE TREATED AS AN INDIVIDUAL. GOOD TEAMWORK IN THE REHAB DEPARTMENT. ENJOYED MAKING A DIFFERENCE EACH DAY WITH THE PEOPLE AND PATIENTS THAT I CAME IN CONTACT WITH.
Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee), Westminster, MDMarch 11, 2013
There is flexibility among my supervisors and support with my peers. I love the people that I work with and felt training was adequate.
good facility
Maintenance Helper (Former Employee), Westminster, MDJune 22, 2012
Pros: great facility
Cons: no room for advancement
management were easy to get along with for most part. Not enough room to adavance
Terrible place To work
Administrative IT Support Specialist (Former Employee), Westminster, MDMarch 19, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: racism
This place is has racist Vaules
I have had nothing but grief working for this company
FRIENDLY AND CARING STAFF. ALOT OF INCENTIVES AND AWARDS PROGRAMS.
PHLEBOTOMIST 1 (Current Employee), WESTMINSTER,MDJanuary 1, 2012
Pros: incentives.
Cons: low pay rate.
I WAS WELCOMED WITH OPEN ARMS TO THE COMPANY. THEY HAVE A GREAT INTRODUCTORY PROGRAM CALLED "SPIRIT CAMP". THERE IS ALWAYS OPPORTUNITY FOR OVER TIME. THE MANAGEMENT IS VERY HELPFUL AND CARING. THEY ARE GENUINELY CONCERNED AND EAGER TO HELP OUT IN ANY SITUATION. THIS IS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR.
good poeple / poor management
westminsyer,md (Former Employee), cook/house keepingNovember 6, 2011
Good place to get your feet wet not alot of promoting from with in stuck in time not into new idea
Poor Managment.
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee), CHCJune 7, 2014
Pros: assisting patients, excellent and caring coworkers
Cons: unprofessional management
Managememt is poor, even when following the "chain of command". Poor communication between Assistant Director and Executive Director. One tells you to do one thing the other something else. A lot of contention within working environment.