Carroll Lutheran Village Employee Reviews

No Team Work. Staff was horrible.
GNA (Former Employee) –  Westminister, MDAugust 31, 2017
When I started working here the staff was not friendly at all no team work and the Administrator did nothing and said nothing. Not a good place to work at all. I start feeling uncomfortable and out of place. I did my Job and the nurse always complimented the GNA at the end of the shift. I thought that was nice. This company needs more mix cultures and more friendly workers. Team work is a plus at any job this place doesn't have that.
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
Not a good place for mix cultures to work. Staff not friendly.
Long term care is what it is
Unit Manager, Charge Nurse, Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDApril 13, 2017
Quality over care doesn't matter as much as it used to. Money is always the driving factor for people these days. More work, less help! 8 hour shifts are great and hard to find anywhere else though
Pros
8 hour shifts
Cons
every other weekend and holiday. management doesn't back you up
Loving Residents.... poor management
Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDJanuary 18, 2017
this company has great pay and good incentives with wonderful loving residents but the resident to gna ratio is 18:1. Management does not fix problems
Pros
good incentives and pay
Cons
no breaks and bad resident to nurse ratio
Alot of the time we were short staffed.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDJanuary 2, 2017
The Management at Carroll Lutheran left a lot to be desired. As a result we were often were left understaffed.
They would threatened you if you could not work all of the hours they scheduled you for.
Pros
I enjoyed the Residents.
Cons
Was pressuring to work all of the time
Worst administration i've ever dealt with!
GNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDAugust 13, 2016
This is by far the worst place to work. The CNA's can have up to 16 residents at a time with only 3 aides on the floor. The nurses don't help out when they should and the administration let's you know if they don't like you. I was bullied and pushed by management and was forced to quit. This is a one star facility but it doesn't deserve any. The drama and gossip alone is enough to make you go mad. Everyone is there for themselves and will throw anyone under the bus in order to save themselves. Overall it was absolutely horrible!
Pros
Loved my residents
Cons
Never had a break, always short, treated very poorly
Lpn
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDMay 16, 2016
If you like to be over worked, risk your license on a daily basis, then this is the place for you. They opened a brand new facility instead of putting the work into this one that it obviously needs. I mean staffing wise. You have a min of 25 pts a day. And you are reaponsible for all of them, including your meds. GNA's are not allowed to do VS or FS. They try to help, but they are so short staffed and over worked as well. Management sucks here!! Definitely have their favorites, and do nothing to keep people in line!! I've seen a nurse walk out because she didn't get the assignment she wanted!! Guess what? She STILL HAS A JOB??? How is that possible!! Just read the reviews from the states report when they came there. It was horrible. I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy and I certainly wouldn't send a family member here, EVER!!
Pros
None!!
Cons
Short staffed, no one cares... EVERYTHING!! RUN!!
A typical day at this workplace is overwhelming in my opinion. !5 patients a day with a short staff
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MD 21157May 9, 2016
I enjoyed working with the patients, however the head nurses expected to much of the nursing assistants. Always being short staffed certainly didn't make things run to smooth.
Pros
Meet and care some sweet elderlies...
Cons
Short breaks, over worked...
Don't ever work here or bring your loved ones here
Previous Experience (Former Employee) –  Carroll County, MDFebruary 19, 2016
Management harasses their staff, staff is short handed and over worked. Staff do care for their residents but are reprimanded if they stick up for them.
Cons
Everythibg
Great Beginning Job
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDJanuary 14, 2016
I would show up to work and I enjoyed the routine and the residents that I served. The hardest part was if we had a crowded night and we would be under staffed.
horrible management and Over worked staff
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDAugust 3, 2015
The staff are always shorthanded and over worked. Management only comes on to the floor when the state is there or they have only 1 person on the floor due to over abundant call outs. Most of the co-workers are helpful and compassionate but the majority are just there for a paycheck and it shows.
Terrible
prep cook/ kitchen staff (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDApril 28, 2015
Carroll lutheran village was an extremely esy job to work how ever the environment was disgusting and the workers are awful people. Was always miserable after a day at work and had to quit after 4 months of work because it was so awful. DO NOT WORK HERE.
The Best nursing home ever!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDJanuary 23, 2015
This is the most organized and well staffed place to work with great pay and benefits. I had free training paid for by them to become a CNA and then they gave me a job to boot. We had a choice of hours and there were health benefits. If you need a great place to work or put your family into a place that cares, this is it. Westminster, MD is where it is located, look on line.
Pros
benefits, good pay, great atmosphere
Cons
Amazing opportunity to work with such great people!
Exterior Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDOctober 14, 2014
I learned a lot through working at Carroll Lutheran Village. The management and co-workers really reach out to ensure everyone is involved and helped as much as possible.Nothing was ever boring when it came to meeting and helping the residents who lived there. To me, the hardest part of the job was standing all day. But, the most enjoyably part was the connections I've made that makes the work i did, seem like an act of kindness rather than a job.
Pros
Co-workers, Management, Residents.
Cons
I can't say there are any cons.
Christian in name only!!!
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDAugust 12, 2014
Run,run as fast as you can in the other direction.That is,unless you like back stabbing,deceit,poor managment,no team support and no organization,otherwise,this place is for you!!
Pros
Cons
Too numerous to list here
Needs to be updated overall.
staff LPN in a LTC (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MD.January 9, 2014
Care of the elderly is a large business. Management is a major problem in this environment because cost effectiveness is often impacted by budget restrictions. I found this to be the major problem at CLV- care of the resident was secondary to cost of business. This disparity is a major problem in this environment, but will not be reformed any time soon. While many of the employees wish to reform this inequity, it cannot be done in the present healthcare environment. I have since decided to go into another work environment after 24 years of practice.
Laundry Aide/Dietary Aide
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDNovember 26, 2013
Laundry Aide
-Gathered laundry
-Washed residents laundry, some using specific needs
-Followed orders of the manager
-Made some apartment calls to residents, included gathering, -washing, drying and folding laundry to specific needs
-Used special cleaning supplies when needed
-Followed directions to ensure a complete job

Food Services
-Prepared certain foods to residents liking
-Served all and any residents with respect and a smile
-Provided assistance to other employees
-Trained some new employees for certain positions
-Worked in all positions, not including manager
-Followed directions to ensure a complete job
The residents are the only reason that keep majority of staff there and current lack of job market
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDNovember 26, 2013
Don't let this place fool you, it's nice and they can tell you everything you want to hear to get you in the door. Once there it's one of to things if your "liked"(brown nose) or just a follower an do what your told no matter if you know morally it's wrong your gonna do great. However if your the type of person who won't follow the pack this place isn't for you they will find every an any reason to make your job miserable. Management is the problem an it starts all the way at the top of food chain almost so don't even bother so not a CHRISTIAN company!!!!!!!
Pros
Residents
Cons
Management, pay
Needs new management.
Staffing Coordinator/ Unit Clerk HCC (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDSeptember 30, 2013
I learned a lot.
Started as a clerical specialist to moving to Staffing Coordinator in HCC.
Pros
co workers
Cons
The residents look to us for good meals and we really do deliver!
Cook/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDAugust 11, 2013
I really like my co-workers there. I cook for 140 plus people each work day. The hardest part of working there right now is that the air conditioner where I serve the food at night is not not working at all. It hasn't worked at all this spring or summer. You feel drained at the end of your evening! I love seeing the residents so happy to come out to dine for dinner each evening the best.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
But too hot right now.
This was my first job that I had.The CNA'S were very close and we worked well as a team.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDJuly 3, 2013
A typical day was bathing,turning and feeding Patients.I was able to use a lot of my CNA skills.The best part of the job was when I had enough time to sit and listen to the pt's life history.The RN"s and LPN's were always supportive of the CNA's.
Pros
I met my husband while working together on the evening shift.
Cons
Working weekends and holidays.