Carrols Corporation Employee Reviews

Horrible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, MIAugust 20, 2016
This company never gives credit where credit is due. Always had to work extra hard at 50+ hours a week to compensate for those who did not. They hire whatever comes through the door and SMDH trying to figure out what your supposed to do with them, for a lousy wage. It didn't just stop their, on days off if their was a problem the actually expected us to counsel incompetent managers on the phone. So essentially I had to do the job they were paid to do in my absence even on my days off, for the lousy wage. The list goes on and on.
Pros
Really lousy, disgusting free food.
Cons
Everything...Run like he**!!
Productive workplace
Summer/School Break Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 11, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of these few things:
Office Services Department – switchboard, sort & deliver mail for entire office
Construction Department – filing & computer data entry
Benefits Department - filing & computer data entry
Legal Department- filing & computer data entry

I learned how to use different computer software's and about the company I was working for. I learned how to communicate with others on a daily basis and was able to multitask. My co-workers were always helpful and respectful and the management was professional and always made sure I knew what I had to do.
What a joke..
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New York StateMay 3, 2016
If you bust your hump, you are punished and insulted for the incompetency of the cannon fodder. The cute and bubbly teenagers will stand in a corner texting their friends and talking about their personal lives while you get screamed at by customers because their orders are messed up or the wait is too long and your RGM will join them and scream at you and they will tell your DM that the bubbly kids are amazing and they will get promotions over the people doing the real work. In fact, thr harder you work, the less chance you have to get promoted because you are the person they want for the peek hours because you are reliable and they want you available to cover shifts when everyone else bails. You may work two separate shifts ranging from 6-9 hours a piece and get trash talked when youre on your 17th hour and starting to slow down a little. Beware if you join management because you will be left with all the shifts the other managers do not want and you will be belittled and embarrassed by the brats that work below you and they will not be reprimanded. You are the mistake, not them. The RGM will tell you that you are expendable and point out EVERY flaw and if you see the slightest bit of appreciation from either your RGM or DM, they will rip out from underneath you so quickly, you wont know where you are. Its a trap!!!
Pros
They keep you busy
Cons
They play favorites, overwork the good people, hire just about anything that walks through the door... I could go on for days
It was enjoyable and a great experience
Host/Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 24, 2013
Days were long but never complained. I learned a lot about the restaurant business. It is fast and 24 hours a day. Always enjoyed my co-workers and management but there was a lot of turn over. The challenge of the job was never knowing when I would get off work because the next shift would not show or be late. I always enjoyed the customer contact especially with those that came all the time.
Very woman driven
RM (Former Employee) –  New YorkDecember 5, 2013
I worked my tail off for Carrols and was a good manager but I found that if you busted your rearend the DM would humiliate you with a lousy 3% raise. Really 3% after I busted my tail in your worst store with no other managers? You expected me to be too with the bad managers you sent me? Oh ya and if you don't have lady parts you won't get far in the company!ll
Pros
Lights were on when you worked!
Cons
Company sucked to work for!
Upper management greedy, employees "expendable" and not seen as important.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New YorkJune 13, 2013
This company will desperately try to screw you out of raises. Do not expect more then a 10 cent raise. Becoming part of management is a joke too. They toss you an extra $0.25 for working at a ridiculous pace for 10+ hours at a time often without time to eat. Breaks are paid but you don't actually take one. You will be the salaried managers scapegoat while they reap the bonuses you worked for. The people are fun and it can be enjoyable, but the company itself has issues. Our policy towards ObamaCare was don't tell the employees! we had to keep the fact that everyones hours would be cut a secret until it happened. Then the hourly managers went through the same thing and our hours were cut too.
Pros
Free food, flexible schedules
Cons
Long days, holidays, bad pay
Wonderful people and great work atmosphere.
Senior Cash Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 19, 2014
Each day was organized and planned for optimal work efficiency.
I learned so much from all my co-workers. The people who make up this company are amazing, talented, helpful people.
Management made it easy to ask questions and feel comfortable doing so.
Pros
Co-works. It felt more like a famliy.
Cons
Compensation.
Very Relaxed Environment
Burger King (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJune 7, 2013
The job was based on working on your own or with a small group of people. You were given keys to the facility you were suppose to clean and you cleaned it and vacuum and restocked etc...

I was in charge of cleaning M&T Bank, Whitney Point, New York and Rural Health Network, Whitney Point, New York.
Pros
Very Relaxed
Cons
Only got 4 hours a week
Training and opening restaurants for the company was my primary work.
DBA (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYNovember 12, 2013
It was a stable company to work for and I advanced through the ranks quite quickly. Hardest part of the job was letting an employee go. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and training many young people.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Staffing was difficult and low wages for employees
Day at Work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fairmount, NYMay 2, 2015
I run shifts and manage about five to ten people per shift and oversee the operation. I count inventory and drawers and make a deposit at the end of my shift.

Want to know more about Carrols Corporation?

Ask a question
Growth for this company aggressive
District Manager - Pollo Tropical (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 5, 2013
Very good company to work for but transferred out of state.
Moved to florida to be with family and transferred to ny
Hard Work, Low Pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 11, 2014
Management was great, and educational. However, the work was hard and long (50 hours a week for $500).
Pros
Learned a lot.
Cons
Worked hard for low pay.
is a ok place to work
Hourly Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 29, 2014
the worst part of the job the company has a bad rap, but if you have a good district supervisor you could be sucessful
Rules your life
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYMay 14, 2012
Min. 10 hr day, min 50 hrs a week. You will have no life. Dedication means nothing to upper management.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Your work culture will be determined on your RGM and/or DM.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Henrico, VADecember 11, 2015
Carrols Corporation Region VI (Richmond) is a sinking ship which people are jumping in herds. Turnover at my store was well over 200%, we were constantly short-staffed and had a completely incompetent General Manager. The RGM sets the standard and culture for each restaurant. I worked under five RGMs over the course of several years, each having very different expectations and procedures. One RGM was an aggressive psychopath who tried to convince high school students to continue working for Burger King rather than attending college because "an Assistant Manager makes more than a high school teacher." With that being said, the salary range for an Assistant Manager at Carrols is approximately 28k-30k. Last time I checked, our local school division starts teachers off at 44k; big difference! My last RGM was completely incompetent and treated our employees like trash; belittling them in front of their co-workers and customers and openly insulting them during management meetings. Shift Supervisors are paid $9.00 per hour to manage all aspects of the restaurant's operations and are expected to accomodate for employee call-outs, low staffing levels, insubordinate/belligerent employees, and other issues which should be remedied by the RGM. Carrols Region VI does not promote from within, but rather hires external candidates whose qualifications include: misdemanor and felony convictions, failed drug tests, and poor employment history. Unfortunately, this company invests too much time and development into poor salaried management candidates and often times passes over their high performing  more... hourly managers, which has resulted in an increased management turnover rate. I have seen it happen all too many times and it is truly the company's loss. Stores have been closing their doors left and right in the Richmond area and more will surely follow.  less
Pros
100% Manager's Discount (50% for Team Members), Develop Friendships
Cons
Poor Pay, Unstable Schedule, Low Quality Management, Lack of Advancement Opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carrols Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8