Carrols Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work!
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 28, 2017
The customers are awesome! The food is great! I learned how to maintain a busy store. The hardest part of the job is filling in call outs. The most enjoyable is the customers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Insurance
Fun Place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Herkimer, NYSeptember 14, 2017
I always loved working for this company it has the best people and it is always a good time even when we were working our buts off. There was always something to do and it was always clean
It pays some of the bills
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCAugust 21, 2017
You are never at home and alway told to fix issue with out any help or assistance in learning how to fix issues you don't understand or struggle with.
Work was very fast paced and stressful at times.
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 14, 2017
I learned customer satisfaction skills, I learned how to make a mean hamburger, and I also learned that French fries can be green sometimes. I
also had to make a lot of self decisions.
Pros
i got paid weekly
Cons
i got paid to less
Decent Fast Food Job
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 23, 2017
Solid Fast food experience. Labor controls are standard and the above store management is sufficient. Nothing exceptional about this company. Its a fast food job. expect nothing more,
Different location may have been better
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bryan, OHJune 22, 2017
Well, the GM likes to call the employees scrubs, the AGM2 felt threatened by me so , she starting gossiping about me to the whole store, including my pay raises and personal information to the team members, was promised a raise, never received it, horrible staffing, I personally think if they were more professional , the place would run better.....
Pros
Benefits available after a while working as a manager
Cons
Management is unprofessional
Great and fun work place.
Burger King Cook/Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 17, 2017
I use to love working there. Management and Crew were always good to work with. The food is always fresh. The customers aren't always the nicest but most of them are. But anyway it's a great place to work when you're trying to get your for in the door for experience.
very bad management, no proper of interested in proper training, very load, and demeaning to new employees
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 12, 2017
Very bad experience, all the older employee and fun of the office. No team playing, and quick to call an error out in the middle of the office. Management allows bulling(verbal).
No proper training, just old notes to follow. Upper staff not people friendly. No good morning, or good nights. Under cover boss is really needed here
Pros
free soda
Cons
Too many relatives working together
very challenging job
Second Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJune 5, 2017
Very fast paced.....new challenges every day. I learned a lot about having a sense of urgency and customer satisfaction. Hardest part of the job was making drive through times.
Pros
chance for advancement and salary
Cons
unreasonable expectaions
Cool chill place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 4, 2017
Laid back and hard work we worked hard even when it was slow that's the part that got me mangers did nothing while employees kept on working it was allot for the lil pay
Pros
Free food
Cons
Couldn't miss work even when sick

Want to know more about Carrols Corporation?

Ask a question
It was ok, fun employees
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 12, 2017
Working there was ok, poor management, I also didn't like the way schedules was set up, the lunch breaks were short, and you couldn't really enjoy them.
Fun but also draining
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCApril 19, 2017
I like working for Carrols corporation because I have managers who give me a really flexible schedule. Although, employees are not paid for the effort given and raises come far and few between. Nothing in my job is hard, I do what I am asked and that is the end of it. The most enjoyable part would have to be the diverse people I meet and stories I hear from them.
Good benfits no life.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 8, 2017
Fast food management. Not really much to say here except that the experience that you have will largely depend on the crew that you can put together. When you have a good crew you will have a lot of fun, take home decent bonuses, and never have to work more than you should. On the other side, a bad crew will mean that you work insane hours and get less pay. The high turnover means that you will almost definitely experience both of these things eventually.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Free lunch is eating a sandwich as fast as possible over a sink.
Fast paced work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYFebruary 25, 2017
I like working with Carrols. Its very fast paced and there is always something to do. The pay could be better. I have a great boss.
Burger king
Burger King Cashier (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 13, 2017
I been at Burger King for almost a year I love working with new people I I'm not a disrespect lady I do my job so I can get out of there I love working I do take my job serious
Great starting point in deciding a career.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INSeptember 18, 2016
I was with Carrols Corp. for almost three years. I spent so much of my time there because I was able to work my way up, and accept responsibilities that I had been yearning for. Customer service is an industry I enjoy.
Horrible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, MIAugust 20, 2016
This company never gives credit where credit is due. Always had to work extra hard at 50+ hours a week to compensate for those who did not. They hire whatever comes through the door and SMDH trying to figure out what your supposed to do with them, for a lousy wage. It didn't just stop their, on days off if their was a problem the actually expected us to counsel incompetent managers on the phone. So essentially I had to do the job they were paid to do in my absence even on my days off, for the lousy wage. The list goes on and on.
Pros
Really lousy, disgusting free food.
Cons
Everything...Run like he**!!
What a joke..
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New York StateMay 3, 2016
If you bust your hump, you are punished and insulted for the incompetency of the cannon fodder. The cute and bubbly teenagers will stand in a corner texting their friends and talking about their personal lives while you get screamed at by customers because their orders are messed up or the wait is too long and your RGM will join them and scream at you and they will tell your DM that the bubbly kids are amazing and they will get promotions over the people doing the real work. In fact, thr harder you work, the less chance you have to get promoted because you are the person they want for the peek hours because you are reliable and they want you available to cover shifts when everyone else bails. You may work two separate shifts ranging from 6-9 hours a piece and get trash talked when youre on your 17th hour and starting to slow down a little. Beware if you join management because you will be left with all the shifts the other managers do not want and you will be belittled and embarrassed by the brats that work below you and they will not be reprimanded. You are the mistake, not them. The RGM will tell you that you are expendable and point out EVERY flaw and if you see the slightest bit of appreciation from either your RGM or DM, they will rip out from underneath you so quickly, you wont know where you are. Its a trap!!!
Pros
They keep you busy
Cons
They play favorites, overwork the good people, hire just about anything that walks through the door... I could go on for days
Your work culture will be determined on your RGM and/or DM.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Henrico, VADecember 11, 2015
Carrols Corporation Region VI (Richmond) is a sinking ship which people are jumping in herds. Turnover at my store was well over 200%, we were constantly short-staffed and had a completely incompetent General Manager. The RGM sets the standard and culture for each restaurant. I worked under five RGMs over the course of several years, each having very different expectations and procedures. One RGM was an aggressive psychopath who tried to convince high school students to continue working for Burger King rather than attending college because "an Assistant Manager makes more than a high school teacher." With that being said, the salary range for an Assistant Manager at Carrols is approximately 28k-30k. Last time I checked, our local school division starts teachers off at 44k; big difference! My last RGM was completely incompetent and treated our employees like trash; belittling them in front of their co-workers and customers and openly insulting them during management meetings. Shift Supervisors are paid $9.00 per hour to manage all aspects of the restaurant's operations and are expected to accomodate for employee call-outs, low staffing levels, insubordinate/belligerent employees, and other issues which should be remedied by the RGM. Carrols Region VI does not promote from within, but rather hires external candidates whose qualifications include: misdemanor and felony convictions, failed drug tests, and poor employment history. Unfortunately, this company invests too much time and development into poor salaried management candidates and often times passes over their high performing  more... hourly managers, which has resulted in an increased management turnover rate. I have seen it happen all too many times and it is truly the company's loss. Stores have been closing their doors left and right in the Richmond area and more will surely follow.  less
Pros
100% Manager's Discount (50% for Team Members), Develop Friendships
Cons
Poor Pay, Unstable Schedule, Low Quality Management, Lack of Advancement Opportunities
Day at Work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fairmount, NYMay 2, 2015
I run shifts and manage about five to ten people per shift and oversee the operation. I count inventory and drawers and make a deposit at the end of my shift.