cars.com

cars.com Employer Reviews

A young, innovative and fun company to work for!
Digital Advertising/ Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 26, 2014
While a great organization to work for, with great people, products and innovative/learning environment, the compensation levels were on the lower end relative to similar companies.
Experienced leadership running the best sales organization in the digital space
National Account Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 15, 2014
Pros: leadership, training, advancement opportunities and wonderful clients.
Cons: cubicles and limited number of meeting rooms.
A great comany to work for! Each day I was surrounded by the brightest and kindest people in the digital world. Everyone on the National Sales Team has a true passion for being an industry expert and delivering top-notch results. Our clients appreciated the value that was delivered from the website to the showroom.
Great place to learn
Business Operations Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 5, 2014
Managed a self-employed business, great while it lasted. Fast paced and learn on the job.
They LOVE Their People!
Account Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2013
Pros: job culture
Cons: management
This is absolutely an incredible company to work with. It's a place where you can just walk up to the CFO or CEO's cube and chat with them. Relaxed environment. Always looking for feedback. The company as a whole, really thrives to give back. The major opportunity here is in their Operations department. You feel stifled if your networking does not outweigh – more... your talent. It's difficult to be focused on advancement throughout the company when you are not encouraged by management. – less
Awesome work environment but be careful!
Customer Service (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 27, 2012
Pros: many parties and events, awesome coworkers
Cons: low pay, can be hard to move around, frat/sorority like at times
Cars was an awesome place to work. There were a lot of events and the coworkers are amazing. The environment is laid back but you have to be careful. Most of the potential position even though listed are filled before they are even listed. I found this to be very frustrating.
This is an excellent, forward thinking company with great attitutude and benefits. It is just not a place where I can grow much any more.
Field Sales Manager for NYC/CT team (Current Employee), New York CityMay 23, 2012
Pros: interesting business, great corporate culture and benefits
Cons: unnecessary scrutiny, production stress (even with my achievement), no appropriate advancement
I really like this company. It has a great product and place in its industry, a great spirit and corporate culture, excellent benefits, and they really work to care about their employees. Since I am not based in their main office, I unfortunately do not get to benefit from a lot of what they offer their employees, but they try to keep us involved. Originally – more... coming from the publishing world, I have learned a lot about selling advertising and marketing services in the digital space. I am much more adept at technology-related tasks and appreciate much more what exposure on the internet can do for a business and my role in all that. I have also learned a ton about the industry they serve, which is much different from my past experiences and quite fascinating.

The problem is that they are growing fast, so they are making changes to what they expect us to do besides sell their products effectively. Some are just a nuisance and some have been very disruptive. Often I have to spend an additional 3 or more hours a night after dinner, just to try to keep up with all the required training, research, record keeping, etc. Plus, they are adding sales staff to do what I do at a lower rate. They seem focused on those newbies at the exclusion and at times determent of the more seasoned staff. They have restructured the company so they have taken very lucrative accounts away from me without leaving me much opportunity to make back that revenue. And, there is really no other job at this company that I want to do, that I can do without moving to their main office.

So, all in all, I am sad to have to leave this company but I feel like it is time to move on. I look forward to finding another great company to produce for and learn from. – less