Carson's Employee Reviews

Carson is a great place to work! Providing my clients with exceeptional service. offering to teach my customers how to use products to create results.
Clinique sales associate (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIFebruary 20, 2018
Working with clients on there skin care needs. Booking Appointments for events.
putting out stock. meeting sales goals.Getting to see my customers on a daily basis.
No Advancement
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 15, 2018
Shift scheduling is flawed. However, staff is enjoyable to work with and they are willing to work around things that may come up. Work well around religious things.
Pros
flexible
Cons
poor managing
No room for advancment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIFebruary 15, 2018
I got hired as seasonal and was asked to stay to be a regular, however we just got news that the store is being closed. I enjoyed my job there however i dont think the employees are treated as well as they should be.
Steady work fellow associates great to work with
Fine Jewelry Manager (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 15, 2018
I worked many positions in the store and all have had good points and bad, Typical of a retail environment. I like working with the public. I don't feel their pay is very far off from other retail companies, may be a little low for those coming in with experience.
Each store is different.
Visual Manager (Current Employee) –  Marion, INFebruary 14, 2018
Depending on what store you were at, like any retail, you will have some managers better than others. Corporate is what made this job difficult to compete with other job opportunities.
Pros
Good str. manager, good employee disc.
Cons
corporate not updating their execution of store procedures
Clinique
Clinique Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INJanuary 31, 2018
I was a clinique beauty advisor, i worked in the cosmetic department and loved it. Make up is my passion. The atmosphere was fun and upbeat and i adored the people i worked with.
Working at Carsons had been pleasurable, productive, and a great experience.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 30, 2018
When I began working at Carson's, I was in college. Now that I have graduated, it's time for me to utilize my degrees, although it has not been easy trying to find full-time employment.
Pros
Learning to operate in different departments.
Cons
Short hours, low pay, and no paid vacations or benefits.
Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 29, 2018
A typical day at work starts with opening the registers and taking care of customers needs which was the most enjoyable time at work. Seeing customes happy with their shopping experiance was fun.
Stressed beyond good health
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INJanuary 24, 2018
You work as a cashier in departments your not familiar with or if you are familiar they will give you management duties without the title or pay. that I need to find a better job with a better culture. management was not good or supportive very two faced. they do not train you.
Pros
discount
Cons
stressed to point of anxeity and panic attack
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILJanuary 24, 2018
Nice employees good days and bad's but most of all if you like working with the public you will have fun on your job. People love having fun on job :)
Pros
Nice check
Cons
Not enough hours after the holidays
It's a calm slow pace place to work
Clothes Sorter (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILJanuary 21, 2018
I thought working at Carsons was a calm place to work for my first job. I didn't like how slow things were though and the schedule was really unorganized. I didn't really work that much at all so I wasn't making that much money.
Pros
Calm job
Cons
Barley worked
Cashier / Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJanuary 2, 2018
Typical day at work includes putting out new clothes as well as working at the register. Learned how to handle money and interact with customers. Work place was positive and during the busy seasons like Christmas and Thanksgiving workload became difficult but manageable.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low pay
Management is great
Sales (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIDecember 28, 2017
Management and coworkers are very nice, friendly and helpful. I enjoy interacting with the customers. I also like that I am not micro managed. You do your job and upper management is happy
Cooperative but independent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2017
Typical day at work at carson's, you either have a lot of new merchandise to put out and lots of help or no help at all or you don't have new merchandise, but you have lots of time to ensure the department is nicely cleaned/organized and very color/brand oriented. You have to balance the time spent on customers with your projects. I learned a lot on how the company functions with certain aspects of visual presentations, customer relations, and how you can move up in the company. You learn that management has been there from anywhere from sales associates themselves onto store managers for a few years or even through a long period of time. Some managers will be very open and help you and some won't help at at all. While retail is a difficult place to work in because you can get to the point where it isn't enjoyable anymore and stressful between management and customers and holiday seasons, I actually enjoyed my time there. I liked working in the department where I was placed, I made lots of friends and relationships with not just associates but also customers some are so kind on how you greet and give them service. I would recommend starting at carson's because it gives you great opportunities to grow as a person but with the company and for a starter job in customer service. You learn so many things and gives you responsibilities and can grasp new concepts easily.
Pros
Friendly, always things to do, easy to learn, helpful, benefits, lots of hours
Cons
supervisors aren't always helpful, customers can get very rude, crazy busy during holiday
I am not too fond of the work or the enviornment
Sales (Current Employee) –  Bradley, ILDecember 18, 2017
I enjoy working with most of the managers but as an overall job I am not to fond of the way they do they're scheduling or the low pay for the way they treat their employees.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIDecember 10, 2017
Carsons is a great place to work. The management is strong. The company runs easily. The co workers are very nice and willing to help you with anything
Good job for students
Sales Associate, Salesperson, Sales Worker (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIDecember 4, 2017
Very friendly place to work. Great starter job for students. However, it is difficult to earn good money. Very good employee discounts. Fast paced work environment.
looo
Children's Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIDecember 1, 2017
carsons does not have good management. Everyone is for themselves and they do not look to help unless you ask. Pay is not the greatest either. overall, I learned some good work style habits.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 22, 2017
Cash register, interesting to interact with the customers. Staff is welcoming and they helped me get comfortable and accustomed to the job when I was new.
Carsons
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILNovember 7, 2017
It's fun place to work if you don't need money. The discount is great when they update it on some weekends. Now it's easier to return items if you don't have a receipt. Managers' like employees that work hard.
Pros
Fun place to work and Discounts
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carson's. Our community is ready to answer.