Carson's Employee Reviews

Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILApril 25, 2017
A typical day at work is going into my shift and helping check out customers, offering them my assistance in finding anything, and offering them a Carson"s credit card to help save them money on their day's purchases. The clothes that are left in the dressing rooms by customer are to be put back out on the sales floor, if a clothing item no longer has a ticket it has to be re-ticketed, if there are markdowns those have to be marked on the price tag, and recovery needs to take place throughout the shift in between customers.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
difficult customers
Very fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INApril 20, 2017
Productive, very professional, clean, polite and efficient. Training was good, they made sure I knew everything before I was let out to make sales and help other people.
Employees are really nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILApril 3, 2017
Just making the sure was clean and organized the whole day. You had to make sure that you said hello to every customer. It takes a while to get used to get rid of the security tags but it gets easier over time. Using the cash machine and bagging items.
Pros
The discounts
Cons
You have to be smiling the whole time
With our store you have to help different counters and be knowledgeable.
Clinique Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Bradley, ILMarch 31, 2017
I enjoy Clinique at Carsons. I love to make a difference in people lives with there skin care and makeup. Clinique is an awesome company to work for but Carson's can be a challenge.
Pros
The discount and working with so many different types of people
Cons
We can get very busy with very little staff.
Average retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILMarch 27, 2017
Worked the register in various departments. Straightened out sales floor. Some departments were pleasant to work in;some , like juniors department, were unwelcoming.
Pros
regular hours
Cons
lot of hours spent on feet
Productive and fun
Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMarch 23, 2017
Teamwork is very important.we gather crates.pan rack,frozen brownies to thaw out & cookies to pack.new techniques to speed my performances. One on One comunication wirh Line Leaders. Gathering donut twist.when your Boss saids you are doing a good job.
Pros
Kepping busy
Cons
some coworkers have no ambition
Hopeful Oppritunity
Retail Cashier (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 18, 2017
Ive worked at Carson's for 4 years . As a college student this is one of the best places I've ever worked at. The benefits are amazing. Everyone is treated like family at Carson's . I am Grateful for the many opportunities to be apart of their Team.
Improvements need to be made
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 6, 2017
The customers were usually delightful and I had a great time assisting them with their needs. The management and the work-environment was other story. They are a new store and it is obvious to customers and employers that the flow is imbalanced. Some co-workers appeared to be immature and I would like to be at a company of professionalism.
Pros
30 minute lunches, great disscount
Cons
Poor management, uneasy work flow
Learning experience
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INMarch 6, 2017
Great starter job.

I would not plan on making this my forever job if you want pay raises or opportunity for advancement beyond sales supervisor. However if you get a good store manager you will really enjoy this job.
Pros
great coworkers, updated equipment, will work around family schedule
Cons
pay is not competitive, hours can go below what handbook gaurentees.
it was a good experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILFebruary 28, 2017
I learned how to communicate with people in a professnal manner and I always tried my best to satisfy and help the customers which they really apprciated and that made me feel proud of myself
Lead Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILFebruary 28, 2017
Enjoyed working in the womans shoe dept,meeting new people also and executing great customer service to great customers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
managment
Productive and a nice workplace.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILFebruary 19, 2017
My overall experience at Carsons was great! The staff was great and awesome and the work could be tough at times when we have a major rush of customers one certain days when we had big sales.The management was pretty good they were fun and very generous. Everything about the job was great,The customers and co workers and Staff.
Pros
A 15 minute Break and 30 min
Cons
its was a cool place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2017
cashier, custmer serivce skills .... greeted custmoer help them with whatever they need .. working witht the public is something i have always had a passion for
Ananamous Customer
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILFebruary 13, 2017
Called to ask a question to schedule an interview. Lady was so rude on the phone I hung up. I hate how people can be so rude to you if they hate work.
Pros
Cons
Rude co workers and no help at all on the phone or in store
Good Work Enviroment
Dock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILFebruary 13, 2017
Pay is okay, Like my bosses and worked well with my school schedule. Running the dock allowed me to advance through the time I was at Carson's. Management allows for you to work and not be looked over all the time.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
pay
Had a great group of Co-Workers
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIFebruary 3, 2017
I was very good at what i did. I have extremely good people skills. I am wiling to put in the work to get the job done successfully. I adapt quickly and am a fast learner. I am responsible and flexible.
Pros
Full-Time
Cons
Pay
Steady and Predictable
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 24, 2017
It is a easily predictable and steady job, though with its own ups and downs. My job consists mainly of unloading and processing the truck that arrives every Thursday and distributing merchandise to their respective departments
Good coworkers. Flexible schedule.
Cosmetic Manager (Current Employee) –  Ft Wayne, IndJanuary 19, 2017
Love the coworkers in this store. Very difficult hours for Holiday.Working until one o'clock in the morning.As a former beautician, I enjoy the customers and customer service.
Pros
fexible schdule
Cons
very late hours at times
Very productive and hard working staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INJanuary 9, 2017
Very productive and hard working environment. Friendly staff, easy to get along with. Pros: free lunch at times , if you're full time get also benefits, discounts. Cons: I think it's a little :pricey" at times but overall good quality. I started here as seasonal, and currently working .hope to stay. I really like it here. I always find myself shopping when I'm supposed to be working. I would give them a 4 star rating.
Pros
Freelunches
Cons
A little pricey at times, could be affordablr
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILJanuary 9, 2017
Carson's gives an employee discount and if you like working with the public, customer at Carson's are great to work with.

Typical day is to open the register, go to a 5 minute meeting before the store opens. Help customers with paying their bill, finding gifts for friends and family. Open boxes and put out items on the floor, restock products from the night before and items that are returned with me.

When closing recover the department and close the registers. Sometimes help other departments with recovery.

The hardest part of this job is when we close during holidays and have to open for the next day to change prices. Sometimes not enough time between two days of working.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carson's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9