Carson Pirie Scott Employee Reviews in United States

Great for seasonal employment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INApril 7, 2016
Co-workers were nice but sometimes breaks were overlooked other than that a nice place to work and great for perks. Sometimes they needed to be reminded about the scheduling around my other job.
Pros
Got to sign up for events
Cons
pay and benefits were not great
It is a decent job with a good support system
Lancome Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILApril 7, 2016
I believe working for Carson's is a decent job. The pay isn't the best, but the atmosphere is nice. Working holidays isn't the best,but they try to work with you.
First ever job
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 29, 2016
Love love the people that you work with but the management is not so good. The bosses will walk right past you and not say hello unless you talk to them first.
Amazing management staff and associates
Elizabeth Arden Counter Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 21, 2016
I've worked for Carson's almost 12 years. Everyday is different and brings new challenges. This makes me bring my A game to everyday and every way. Ultimately the goal of the day Creating an exceptional shopping experience for the Carson customer.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILMarch 15, 2016
Retail is a good place to work especially if you love people. The best part about working at the company is interacting with customers and other associates. You learn a lot of things on a daily basis.
fun most days
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INFebruary 16, 2016
Usually do maintenance around the store. I like most of my co workers and management is overall not bad. Trying to get everything done is sometimes hard.
Pros
close to home
Cons
short hours..new management
Wages are low, hours are short and most supervisors are untrained.
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Aurora, IL 60506February 4, 2016
A typical day consist of unloading or load a truck and taking the loads to their designated area, opening boxes and placing the items in or on the proper container then marking each item. Taking fixtures from the store floor or bring them to the store floor. Processing the damages and sending damages to the correct place. Best part of this job is there is no daily routine, you may do something different every day, or the same thing for several days. The worst part is most supervisors have little if any training, most workers have no real skills except maybe how to run a cash register and have bad attitudes towards work because of the low wages and hours.
Pros
Get 20% discount to start and 25% after 1 year.
Cons
Low wages, untrained supervisors, promotions only if willing to work any day, any shift during the week, could work day and evening shift same week.
Fun Work Place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILFebruary 4, 2016
Great Place to work during the holidays and beyond. Training is short, and easy. Management and Coworkers are professional and friendly.
Office manage for my Husbands business
Cash Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILFebruary 2, 2016
I was able to apply the skills obtained at my position at AT&T. I learned how to order and assemble photography products.
Pros
Family business
Cons
The business could not afford to pay me on a regular basis
know review summary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 20, 2016
Know review, I am sorry but I was only short hours. Some weeks I was not on the schedule. The job was far away from my home. I had know benefits. I was schedule twelve hour some weeks.
working there
sales associate/receiving associate (Current Employee) –  Matteson, ILJanuary 3, 2016
I love the people I worked with because they are all very nice.The hardest part about my job is getting everything ready for the departments.The most enjoyable part about my job is being with my coworkers.
Pros
nice associates and associate discount
Cons
dealing with supervisors
Great for people who seek seasonal work in retail
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILDecember 22, 2015
Carson Pirie Scott is over all a good company to work for, not fulltime as a carrier, but as a job in which gives you experience in customer service.
Pros
My co-workers made it an enjoyable place to work.
Cons
Managment needs help in some areas.
Customer Service making people happy.
Ready To Wear Selling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILDecember 15, 2015
My day starts with getting team ready for a day of sales, floor plans, and coaching's to get them ready for a productive day.
I have learned that everybody has there different way of working and my job as a supervisor needs to bring out the best in each one to the best of there ability or coach them out. I like to work as a team making sure we are all on the same page of expectations and making sure we achieve what needs to be done. The most challenging part of the job is being short staffed on a busy day but making it work to get the job done. What I love about the job is meeting wonderful people and making customers happy by going out of our way to satisfy them and making them smile.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Overall nice place to work.
Sales AssociateNov (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILNovember 20, 2015
A nice place to work. Most co-workers were easy to get along with. The managers I had were great to work for. When it's not a holiday your work hours can be very low.
Got to see all the latest trends
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2015
Enjoyed coming to work everyday to see what's new in fashion and the latest trends. Great atmosphere to work in and team work. Very fast pace and great work schedule.
Pros
Great work shift
Cons
not enough breaks
retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 16, 2015
day after day customer comes here to shop for clothes, shoes, coats, under wear, for adults, kids and babies also table wear stayed busy
Pros
a floater in different apartments gaining experience
Cons
customers steeling
Busy Department store.
RECOVERY WORKER (Former Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILNovember 6, 2015
Fast paced department store. Was a recovery worker that restocked the store and organized the stock rooms in order to keep the store running efficiently. Learned how to work as a large team with smaller groups that were working toward a mutual goal.
Pros
Staff
A professional but laid back environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILOctober 21, 2015
When I worked for Jackson Hewitt I found it to be a very productive learning experience. My manager was awesome and never had a problem with assisting you or helping you when needed.
Pros
End of tax season banquet.
Cons
Telling a client they owe the IRS
Store assistant
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILOctober 3, 2015
Work description involved helping customers find relevant clothing they were interested in. Folding clothes, maintaining a neat work space, and storing products that were to be later used for sales or distribution. This work introduced me to customer services and encounters. Showing me how to deal with people diligently. Management was helpful when they were easy to be found. Difficult times were when managers could not be found given that we were not given radio's to contact them when needed. The most difficult part of this job was holiday seasons when the work load was heavy and needed to be met at a fast pace. The most enjoyable aspect of the job would be when customer satisfaction was met.
Pros
Located in a shopping mall
Cons
Short breaks
Sale, Casher,
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2015
I love working for Carson s the was nice and enjoyable the environment,atmosphere was good i can see myself go back to cartoons