Carson Pirie Scott Employee Reviews

Job is ok but not the best
Coach Handbag Specialist/Full Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILApril 19, 2017
Coworkers make this job bareable. Aside from that unfortunately hard work and knowledie doesn't pay off and you are left trudging in the muck to live.
Was a fun place to work, loved the discount
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bradley, ILApril 10, 2017
A typical day at work would be to go in around 6 pm and close 10 pm only a few days a week. Carsons was a short hour part time job. Occasional weekends required. We changed management quite often, didn't really get to know anyone in management too well because I only worked there 8-10 hours a week except around holidays was required to work more of course. People were pretty friendly there.
Pros
I worked there entirely for the discount and to get out and see people, I enjoy customer service.
Cons
short breaks if work 8 or 9 hours had a hard time getting someone t releive for breaks
cashier
Administrative Assistant Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, IL 60506March 29, 2017
I worked at the register and I help with payroll after hours. Sometimes when I was needed I worked in helping at Christmas time in the gift wrapping department.
Friendly enviroment
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INMarch 29, 2017
It was seasonal( Christmas )so it would be really busy at times I really enjoyed working there. There was really a great team effort as far the staff was concerned.
okay
Counter manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmette, ILMarch 23, 2017
its okay, they don't really care about their employees and under paid. how ever it was an. easy Job and they are usually pretty busy which made it a bit more fun
Wonderful four years
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILMarch 15, 2017
A typical work day is full of tasks from the minute you clock in till you punch out for the evening. I loved the people I work with because they make working fun and full of joy and laughter. I have learned a lot in customer service and selling in the years I have worked with the company. The hard part of working with the company is the hours due to extended hours for events, which happen quite frequently.
well run location
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILMarch 13, 2017
managers were great at scheduling the adequate amount of employees. Poor location for the store, in the middle of a college town, so store was rather slow during the week
Positive experience, gave me extensive experience in customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmette, ILFebruary 28, 2017
Working retail gave me a foundation for my excellent customer service skills that are necessary for any job. I enjoyed the environment and opportunity to work in this field.
Pros
Helped me gain extensive customer service experience
Typical Retail
Cosmetic Representative (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 6, 2017
Understaffed is the first word that comes to mind. Be ready to take many complaints about there not being staff on the floor from customers. Also be ready to hear complaints about the 25 coupons that still doesnt work on their pair of jeans. With the two locations that I worked at one had a decent management team, the other one felt like a prison camp. I would talk to the staff first to try to see what the environment is like. Pay is average for retail.
Enjoyed people I worked with
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILFebruary 5, 2017
Enjoyed interpersonal relationships with customers and employees. Fun place to work! Wore a lot of different hats from providing excellent customer service to putting merchandising away to cashiering to unloading truck.
Pros
flexible hours worked around my schedule
Cons
low compensation
Fun and professional working environment.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INJanuary 18, 2017
Very fun place to work, excellent co-worker camaraderie, very flexible schedule, although scheduling was very slim. Hours are non-existant for part time after the seasonal period, which is understandable as sales won't perk up until spring/summer shopping season.
Pros
Company Donates to Charity, longer lunch periods
Cons
Small stipend for large workload.
Poor higher managment
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILJanuary 16, 2017
Managers tend to talk down to everyone else. There are not enough people to keep the store well stocked and neat. Very poor attitude . Poor hours. Great associates.
A retail job in a nice, clean environment
Department Lead (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 13, 2017
With so many varied hours, as it is a retail environment, the scheduling and inability to take certain times off can be difficult. While management was good, the schedule can be difficult for some individuals. The store itself sold good, higher end products, but sometimes getting enough staff could be difficult.
Pros
Incentive Bonues and good team leaders
Cons
random phone calls and work hours
Fast paced environment involving selling and cashier transations
Sales Associate Seasonal Help (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 11, 2017
Provided a variety of services, from helping customers pick out items to ringing up purchases. Retail sales associates use cash registers to process transactions and are responsible for keeping track of all the money inside.
Pros
Associate discounts
Cons
Work late nights
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norridge, ILDecember 24, 2016
I enjoyed working here. I was a sales assoc. in the kids department, the atmosphere was warm and welcoming everyone was nice and helpful
Fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norridge, ILDecember 10, 2016
Interact with many customers daily, arrange merchandise, set up sales, provide excellent customer services. The hardest part of the job was when we were short staffed, it was very difficult to help each and every customer in a timely manner.
Seasonal fun
Fine Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Dundee, ILNovember 26, 2016
Loved working here the discount was great and all the employees were so nice, really helps when need it. Easy carefree lots of laughs. Best place to work.
They have a lot of training, benefits, advancement, discount
Beauty Advisor/Clinique Cosmetics/Make-up artist (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILOctober 12, 2016
I worked for them twice. The first time I worked full time and the management loved me! I had great benefits and a discount. Also I worked in Cosmetics so there were ALOT of perks. This is a GREAT JOB for a young person. Hours are NOT flexible and you will work weekends!
Pros
Perks, Benefits and Discount
Cons
Working weekends and nights. You have to be flexible!
friendly fun place to work
Retail-Customer Service/Recovery (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2016
loved my coworkers and management, most enjoyable part was company reunions. i learned how to work with different types of people with different backgrounds.
decent
Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 6, 2016
i did enjoy working at carsons for what it was worth. friendly working staff always willing to help when needed.manager where always informed and available. i learned to handle money when opening or closing multiple registers. i enjoyed the coworkers the most and the diverse customers we would often get.
Pros
adequate breaks
Cons
short handed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carson Pirie Scott. Our community is ready to answer.